PDA

View Full Version : hello

thanasis
10-07-2009, 03:50 PM
hello well i guess i should tell some things about me
i am really interested in alchemy about symbols,the philosopher stone and other things that the sacred section includes.
i am a beginner by the whole meaning so i would like to ask of u to tell me where i should start from and gimme some advice
that is all i guess thanks

Salazius
10-07-2009, 06:03 PM
Hello, welcome.

Beginning in alchemy means to read and understand. But you also need to practice, to have a lab.
You can begin your search about the different Ways in alchemy maybe and finding the one how catch your attention. Just an idea...

thanasis
10-07-2009, 07:15 PM
thanks for the reply i would like to suggest a book or something that i could learn the basics and then better things

theFool
10-07-2009, 11:09 PM
Hello thanasis,

A book to start with could be "The Path of Alchemy" by Mark Stavish. If you are more into the practical side, read "Real Alchemy" by Robert Bartlett. Practical work is important, as Salazius has mentioned. Begin work with plants to make spagyric tinctures, not much of equipment is required. The patience needed throughout the work and of course the tinctures themselves can teach spiritual truths more efficiently than books.
Just my opinions, follow what motivates you most.

Awani
10-07-2009, 11:32 PM
thanks for the reply i would like to suggest a book or something that i could learn the basics and then better things

There are many angles to choose from, but I always recommend this one: Alchemy Rediscovered and Restored (http://www.sacred-texts.com/alc/arr/index.htm) by Archibald Cockren

Gives a good general outline...

Welcome btw!

:cool:

thanasis
10-08-2009, 11:47 AM
thanks for the warm welcoming:)

solomon levi
10-09-2009, 02:16 AM
Greetings!
There's lots of reading available on line so you don't have to
spend alot of money on books that you may or may not find helpful.

So many books to suggest...
:confused: