PDA

View Full Version : Inception

Awani
10-13-2009, 07:35 PM
New film by Christopher Nolan INCEPTION has a pretty cool site here (http://inceptionmovie.warnerbros.com/)

:cool:

solomon levi
10-14-2009, 06:59 PM
All I get is a spinning top. :(

Awani
10-15-2009, 03:22 PM
Yep, you can move it with your mouse!

I thought it was pretty cool...

solomon levi
10-15-2009, 06:32 PM
:D
I think it's cool too.
But I thought there would be some info about the film??

Andro
02-23-2010, 06:22 PM
Looks brilliant! Can't wait to see it, almost as much as I can't wait to see the bug they'll plant in the end of the film to put the audience back to sleep :D

From the trailer:

Never re-create from your memory, always imagine new places.

Right up my alley :cool:

Awani
09-13-2010, 10:37 AM
For all its blockbuster qualities and Hollywood-ism I think this one equals the Matrix in that it presents to a mass audience the concept of What is Real?

For me this is a good sign. Whatever we see in the mainstream media is usually an effect of what is bubbling in the underground...

I am positive for the future!

Andro
09-18-2010, 06:22 AM
I think this one equals the Matrix in that it presents to a mass audience the concept of What is Real?

The Matrix movie had the Real World vs. the machine generated illusion.
Inception takes the concept one MAJOR step further (IF you get it), revealing that EVERYTHING is a dream, and that reality is what we perceive.

I was quite disappointed when I saw the Matrix sequels, because they didn't go as far as Inception in terms of 'what is real'.
The Matrix still keeps the mind fragmented and dualistic, while Inception IMO attempts to cure this condition.

The Matrix isn't 'real', but Zion is... Yeah, right :p

solomon levi
09-18-2010, 09:03 AM
They're both great movies that reveal some truth. I would say the Matrix just wasn't as direct - it needs a little translating.
Machines = mechanical or "sleeping" consciousness - the human as a reaction to his/her environment instead of the
intent-ional co-creator with it - the dreamed or the dreamer.

If we want to be picky, Inception wasn't totally accurate either - giving the multiple tasks to different people, when it actually
all happens in one person. The different people really reflecting the tasks of different parts of the brain.