PDA

View Full Version : Acquiring Philosopher's Stone

Opus Magnum
10-15-2009, 05:07 PM
Hello, I have created this theme to discuss about the way on making the Philosopher's Stone. So write here every sentence, every detail which you have heard about making the Philosopher's Stone. We will get information from each other by this method. So I begin... Here's the quote from one site (I don't remember it now):

to create a Philosopher's stone, you have to go through a process known as The Great Works. The steps of this are: 1. calcination, 2. congelation, 3. fixation, 4. solution, 5. digestion, 6. distillation, 7. sublimation, 8. separation, 9. ceration, 10. fermentation, 11. multiplication and 12. projection.

calcination= heating in air

congelation=the conversition of a thin, flowing liquid into a thick liquid, often done with heat

fixation=the making of a volatile element into a non volatile element that is un-afected by fire

The Three ingredients that are common to all attempts by Alchemists are slver, quicksilver and gold. The majority of reported attempts have been with the use of sulphur as well. prcise amounts and true ingredients to making this, only Flammel knew.

thanasis
10-15-2009, 07:04 PM
well there is a video that says how to create a philosopherstone but i guess it is a fake
although the philosopher stone is really difficult to be created but everbody try:)
anyway good luck with ur project

WCH
10-15-2009, 09:06 PM
"The Three ingredients that are common to all attempts by Alchemists are slver, quicksilver and gold."

It's also commonly said that metals are a blind and that if you're using literal silver or gold you're probably missing the point entirely.

memphis_mizraim
10-15-2009, 09:46 PM
About 10 years ago, I remember someone put up 100k up for anyone who could produce the stone or do a transmutation of lead into gold.
No one collected. We have no proof that it can be made (yet) Many of the documents of the 16th and 17th century are not all what they make out to be, a bit like the Internet today, you cannot believe all you see or read.;)

True Initiate
10-15-2009, 10:12 PM
Opus Magnum you got it all wrong.

Mercury, Sulphur and Salt has nothing to do with the "vulgar" Mercury, Sulphur or Salt.
Mercury is not Quicksilver or silver, Sulphur is not that vulgar yellovish sulphur that is dug out of the earth and the Salt is not the vulgar sea salt(sodium chloride).
Mercury, Sulphur and Salt are the code for the Spirit, Soul and Body.

You have a still long way to go...

Opus Magnum
10-16-2009, 04:37 AM
Opus Magnum you got it all wrong.

Mercury, Sulphur and Salt has nothing to do with the "vulgar" Mercury, Sulphur or Salt.
Mercury is not Quicksilver or silver, Sulphur is not that vulgar yellovish sulphur that is dug out of the earth and the Salt is not the vulgar sea salt(sodium chloride).
Mercury, Sulphur and Salt are the code for the Spirit, Soul and Body.

You have a still long way to go...

If I'm right you're talking about spiritual alchemy. I believe that physical immortality exists too, and it could be created, so I'm reading every sentence about this mythical material substance. I know I need to work very hard, because middle ages alchemists did everything what they were able to do, but no one have created it (there are few exceptions), but they left us manuscripts, books, so we can learn from them something and continue the research by ourselves.

True Initiate
10-16-2009, 05:49 AM
To answer your question, i am not talking about spiritual alchemy at all but i have veiled my words in a few colours.
To give you a overview there are 3 kingdoms in the alchemy:
Vegetable, Mineral and Animal and every kingdom has it's stone or quintessence(fifth element).
You can create the stone from everything in the nature, it's all the same except for the virtue of this stone.
The important thing to understand is that there are many stones and they have all their specific "virtues" (according to the virtues of the ellement you used in creation process) but only few of them have the virtue to "elevate" the lesser metals into the noble ones.Not every stone can do that.

You will not achieve anything unless you learn to separate the three principles from one thing only and that is Mercury, Sulphur and Salt .

memphis_mizraim
10-16-2009, 07:48 AM
but only few of them have the virtue to "elevate" the lesser metals into the noble ones.Not every stone can do that.

Have you made the stone?, if not how can you make this statement to a beginner.

No one knows the full facts as no one has made it, many claim they have but they are not telling the truth. Lets see the the proof once and for all.

Sorry Puffer that's how I see it.

True Initiate
10-16-2009, 08:31 AM
Have you made the stone?, if not how can you make this statement to a beginner.

I was reffering to the herbal(vegetable) stone.The herbal stones cann't transmute the metals into gold, they are fixed to their kingdom.
I know well what i am talking about because Opus Magnum it seems to me that he doesn't understand the separation of the three basic principles.
How will he achieve anything in alchemy working only with unseparated and vulgar ellement's?!

memphis_mizraim
10-16-2009, 01:59 PM
I understand he is getting mixed up in the terminology which is understandable to a beginner, we all had to start somewhere.

It can be difficult to understand the alchemical language when you start out. I have no problem with what you wrote on that, its this part

"You can create the stone from everything in the nature, it's all the same except for the virtue of this stone.The important thing to understand is that there are many stones and they have all their specific "virtues" (according to the virtues of the element you used in creation process) but only few of them have the virtue to "elevate" the lesser metals into the noble ones. Not every stone can do that"

To make this statement you would have had to make the stone and I am in the twilight of my life searching and searching but no one has produced a Philosophers Stone that works.
Many have what they claim is a Philosophers Stone but unless it works its useless no matter what Path you follow to create it.

I am seeing all types of email on using Urine to achieve the stone and I will be very happy to see the end results if someone can do it. This would be wonderful news to many who are watching closely but saying nothing.

I have no interest in making gold and we so called alchemists would be fools to thing scientists donít know how to make gold, of course they know.

Read any scientific journal and they will tell you how they did it. The normal person could not follow their example because of the cost involved.

Many have walked this road and done all these experiments listed here and on other sites, and everyone got to a certain point but no one has crossed the threshold. Perhaps it all a myth, maybe it cannot be done.

I wish everyone well and if someone has real knowledge that they can share or off-line I would be very happy to hear from them.

All I ask is donít keep joining forums with different names and making out they know the way dangling carrots when in reality they know it all to be false.

Zephyr
10-16-2009, 06:49 PM
Hm. TruePuffer, you phrase your post "Opus Magnum you got it all wrong..." and go on to deliver a lesson that while true, is pretty hostile considering we are talking to a beginner. But more importantly, you are reacting to a QUOTATION that MO has pulled from another site, so, saying: "you don't know nothing...etc..." is really out of place. The literal interpretation of Mercury Sulfur and Salt came from an online source. And OM makes that clear. I can pull all sorts of quotations off the net, and if someone lambastes my level of awareness for their content, I will rather rightly think less of them. It's important to watch our tone, and not be rude to one another because of how we react emotionally to the content of their posts. Thanks.
*Z*
This thread's going way off topic. Let's steer it back.

memphis_mizraim
10-16-2009, 08:58 PM
If I'm right you're talking about spiritual alchemy. I believe that physical immortality exists too, and it could be created, so I'm reading every sentence about this mythical material substance. I know I need to work very hard, because middle ages alchemists did everything what they were able to do, but no one have created it (there are few exceptions), but they left us manuscripts, books, so we can learn from them something and continue the research by ourselves.
Opus get the book by Frater Albertus and Manfred Junius that will help you a lot to understand the terminology.
Also no matter how much you learn you will find double meaning for many things in alchemy. Its not easy but at least you have started.
Good Luck with your research.

Opus Magnum
10-17-2009, 08:50 AM
Thanks. I believe that one day I'll find the Philosopher's Stone. And don't call me optimist. Now I don't know anything, but no one has born with a lot of knowledge. :)

memphis_mizraim
10-17-2009, 09:59 AM
We were all born with infinite knowledge, but we are lost. This started at an early age with state and church doing the programming, not forgetting our parents.
The goal when you have the stone is to attain to the Body of Light and many roads lead to that. Alchemy is just one way of many ways. Its a life work not just a few hours here and there a constant work.

horticult
10-18-2009, 01:05 PM
There are reliable records about transmutations.
Even "official" scientists did it b4 years, so its possible. Even a hen and trees and likely everybody can do it, but unfortunately not 4 Au.
Adepts agree that Stone can prolonged life, but can not defy death.

orangelmx
10-18-2009, 02:10 PM
To answer your question, i am not talking about spiritual alchemy at all but i have veiled my words in a few colours.
To give you a overview there are 3 kingdoms in the alchemy:
Vegetable, Mineral and Animal and every kingdom has it's stone or quintessence(fifth element).
You can create the stone from everything in the nature, it's all the same except for the virtue of this stone.
The important thing to understand is that there are many stones and they have all their specific "virtues" (according to the virtues of the ellement you used in creation process) but only few of them have the virtue to "elevate" the lesser metals into the noble ones.Not every stone can do that.

You will not achieve anything unless you learn to separate the three principles from one thing only and that is Mercury, Sulphur and Salt .

Hehehe :) ;)

orangelmx
10-18-2009, 02:22 PM
I understand he is getting mixed up in the terminology which is understandable to a beginner, we all had to start somewhere.

It can be difficult to understand the alchemical language when you start out. I have no problem with what you wrote on that....

Well a word of advise... most people that get into alchemy, they want to start at the end ie... it is like building a empire-state building and beginning from the top.. with any knowledge of the foundation how to make the building that will sustain the tower of the building...

In my opinion alchemy is not about the Stone, but many other things, that the stone is the FINAL product...

No offense, but if a beginner want to get into alchemy, I think he should start from the beginning not the end.

Hope this helps :)

Opus Magnum
10-18-2009, 03:14 PM
Well a word of advise... most people that get into alchemy, they want to start at the end ie... it is like building a empire-state building and beginning from the top.. with any knowledge of the foundation how to make the building that will sustain the tower of the building...

In my opinion alchemy is not about the Stone, but many other things, that the stone is the FINAL product...

No offense, but if a beginner want to get into alchemy, I think he should start from the beginning not the end.

Hope this helps :)

But the final work contains all the previous works. So if I'm starting with Philosopher's Stone I will start from the beginning and I will try to make a way from the beginning to the Philosopher's Stone. I just know that Philosopher's Stone is in the Mineral Kingdom, so I don't want to study about vegetable kingdom, etc... Is my choice right?

horticult
10-18-2009, 03:29 PM
no.

Opus Magnum
10-18-2009, 03:33 PM
why?

orangelmx
10-18-2009, 03:42 PM
But the final work contains all the previous works. So if I'm starting with Philosopher's Stone I will start from the beginning and I will try to make a way from the beginning to the Philosopher's Stone. I just know that Philosopher's Stone is in the Mineral Kingdom, so I don't want to study about vegetable kingdom, etc... Is my choice right?

Nope... No offense! but you are talking as a true beginner... The work we do with the vegetable kingdom, it is to train oneself in the art, and open up..., in order to take on the other works.

And one trains himself in the principal stone, first, which you already have...

But my friend I tell you, don't expect a true Adept of the art to come here and tell you how to do it, step by step...

Your brother. ;)

Opus Magnum
10-18-2009, 04:00 PM
So I'm really confused... :( Where should I start? My desire to create Philosopher's Stone is so strong that I could spend all my life without any doubt. I know that no one would tell me everything step by step, but just tell me where to start. I think the hardest work to do is to begin studying the Art. :)

orangelmx
10-18-2009, 04:22 PM
Dear friend,

Just have just asked the right question... but you are missing the whole point, the stone is not the goal, but the product of a process, called illumination. I can recomend you a good courses from:

http://www.alchemywebsite.com/johnreid.html

http://www.triad-publishing.com/

http://homepages.ihug.com.au/~panopus/

http://www.bota.org/

Good luck

Opus Magnum
10-18-2009, 04:41 PM
I have a Waite's book "Hermetic Museum". Is it a good read?

orangelmx
10-18-2009, 05:05 PM
I have a Waite's book "Hermetic Museum". Is it a good read?

Opus Magnum,

In my opinion, we can't never said it is a bad read or a good book... because it is not within the book to see how much you can see, meaning you can find a true philosophical book about the art, but is in the reader to see all the things the author is trying to convey...

It is the state of conscience of the reader is that will enable him to see or not, that is why many times once we read a book only we see the true message when we read it couple of times or comeback to it latter after reading other things

I will recommend you looking into some of the links I send you, as in my own experience, no ordinary book will teach you what you really need to know, it will just give you glimpses. Most of today books are just for commercial purpose...

Opus Magnum
10-18-2009, 05:09 PM
Thanks, brother. :) I'm reading John Reid's course at the moment. It seems very interesting. :)

horticult
10-19-2009, 09:51 AM
The beginning is even omitted from books.

solomon levi
10-20-2009, 11:18 PM
Consider the Circulatum Minus.
People have produced that.
If you can make that, the same applies to the mineral kingdom,
which is why I've made those posts.

In case you don't know, the Circulatum is simply a fluid state of the Stone.

So if you want to follow those who have succeeded, we know that in the plant
kingdom, the three essentials are extracted from any plant, but some plants
are better than others. The grapevine is the ultimate in the plant kingdom.
From it, we get alcohol, which is mercury, the sulphur is still something of a secret, so I'll pass over it, and the salt is potassium carbonate/tartar.

Notice that the mercury, alcohol, is not found in the world existing by itself, but is extracted from plants by art.
Imagine the same for the metals. The mercury of metals is extracted from
metals, most Philosophers agree that lead is the easiest. You won't find
mineral mercury by itself in nature any more than you would find alcohol.
It must be extracted from the ore.
Mercury is the same for all plants, and it's also the same for minerals - a white smoke-fog that condenses into the virgin's milk - the white.
The salt of plants is basically potassium carbonate, and in the mineral kingdom, it is the oxides, but also the carbonates and sulphides can be used.
The sulphur in plants is dual, a volatile and a fixed. The volatile is the essential oils; the fixed is a honey or tar-like substance.
The oils in the mineral kingdom are sort of secret as well. You have to extract them - they don't exist independantly or in the market. They are the red; the sulphur.

solomon levi
10-20-2009, 11:31 PM
This is why one needs to start with the plants.
Everyone knows plants have oils. Not everyone knows that minerals
have oils as well. If you familiarise yourself with the plant kingdom,
the mineral will come much easier.

Manfred Junius' book is a must IMO.

http://books.google.com/books?id=JRTAAsuRfAgC&printsec=frontcover&dq=Manfred+Junius#v=onepage&q=&f=false

Opus Magnum
10-21-2009, 04:37 AM
Thank you very much! :)

True Initiate
10-21-2009, 07:52 AM
Are you revealing a bit too much Sol ??! :eek:

Opus Magnum
10-21-2009, 10:13 AM

Is it bad?

True Initiate
10-21-2009, 03:07 PM
Is it bad?
:D

It is not the custom for the holy secret's of alchemy to be revealed on the open forum.All of the philosopher's have concealed it so i think this tradition must be kept.

horticult
10-21-2009, 04:29 PM
It was a very nice resume and every part of it can be read in books.

Opus Magnum
10-21-2009, 04:47 PM
Thank You for your advices very much :)

solomon levi
10-21-2009, 10:19 PM

:)
I actually said the same thing and even more if you know where to look
(page 6 of this forum ;) ).
If only I had realized what I had realized!