PDA

View Full Version : Investment

Opus Magnum
11-02-2009, 06:17 PM
So, guys, how much money have you already spent on your alchemical research? :D

True Initiate
11-02-2009, 09:45 PM
So let me count:

About 100 bucks on books, 250 bucks on some glassware(and i need always more and more! :(), +-100 bucks on wine,vinegar even vodka(not only for alchemy :D), few hundred bucks on minerals and varios salts and countless hours spent on trial and error procedures and reading outdated obscure terminology.
All in all about +- 1001 bucks.

True Puffer investment strategy org.

Great returns. :D

solomon levi
11-03-2009, 12:16 PM
I've spent around a thousand too.
Just think - buy one ounce of gold today and we'll double our investment.

The only sophisticated items are a pH meter (which doesn't work anymore),
a nice condenser, a nice thermometer, a nice torch... I have one real flask that I
found at a thrift store for $10.

I've probably spent $250 on books. I love books.

My monetary investment has been small. But I've learned so much.
The internet is a valuable tool as well.

Some amazing things can be done spending less than $20,
but one can spend a lot of money learning what those things are. :D

Opus Magnum
11-03-2009, 01:51 PM
I have invested just few bucks for electricity, because I spend some hours reading on the internet :D

Seth-Ra
11-04-2009, 12:18 PM
i spent about $114 on books, and rigged up my lab-stuff out of things i already had, though i plan on spending another $150 on more, "proper" equipment. :cool:

Ghislain
11-04-2009, 03:45 PM
I haven't kept count of what has been spent, but it sure has been value for the money...
this is so interesting...and the number of ways I have found of doing things that do not work - I have lost count ;)

I knock up makeshift equipment as some may have noticed in my pics and vids. :) Seems to work ok.

I like the way you can make many of the materials that you can not purchase...
I am finding problems with purity now though :( and I find I end up with a lot of substances I can not identify.

Ok, back to the grind stone!

Ghislain :D

Opus Magnum
11-04-2009, 06:41 PM
I can spend much much much money for this, because I need the Philosopher's Stone! :cool:

True Initiate
11-05-2009, 05:39 PM
I can spend much much much money for this, because I need the Philosopher's Stone! :cool:

Tired of reading obscure terminology?Desperate of waiting and working?
Don't be bored 'cause True Puffer will make you stoned!:eek:

Now is the time to invest in True Puffer investment strategy org.
Only 100$ per gramm of philosopher's stone, 50$ if you buy today!
Order right now and immortality is yours.;)

Money back guarantee!

For the adverse effect's ask your doctor or pharmacist.
No refund.

solomon levi
11-05-2009, 06:50 PM
Now available in fresh mint or juicy strawberry flavors!

Seth-Ra
11-05-2009, 08:55 PM
aw yall stole my gypsy sales-pitch. :D :p
lol j/k

But really, why would one pay for that which they already possess? ;)

Speaking of investing though, i will be looking at buying some proper lab gear very soon... after that explosive distillation me and my father done last night, using the side-burner of his grill, a vinegar-jar housing the matter being distilled, with a quark-lid, and plastic tubing running through it, and the whole mess exploding after 5 mins, like a thousand white doves busting into nothingness, less then 3 feet from my head... ill be investing more VERY soon... *sage nod* :cool:
Im looking for it to cost me around $150 for all that im after, though i may go a bit over that by the end of the holiday season... which will bring my total investment, money wise, to roughly $264 give or take.

Was a productive night though, did get what i was after. :D