PDA

View Full Version : The Age of Aquarius

Ghislain
11-27-2009, 06:35 PM
Originally this post was going to be in answer to Solomon Levi’s post shown below, but I think it deserved its own thread as this is the dawning of the Age of Aquarius.:rolleyes:

The Open Source Movement and the Esoteric

So this doubles up as a reply to your post Sol'

I once heard that in the age of Pisces mankind was/is ignorant and thus needed to be led. To accomplish this there were/are Priests, Gurus, Rabbis, Imams and all other types of tutors and masters put in place. However as we enter/ed the Age of Aquarius our ignorance will be/is gone and we will take on self responsibility with the knowledge of truth.

I browsed the internet to see if I could find a source that agreed with what I remembered. I found some that were close but then I found something that was, to me, profound.

Age of Aquarius, “Esoteric Christian tradition”, Wikipedia ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Age_of_Aquarius#Esoteric_Christian_tradition)

According to the Esoteric Christian tradition, Essenian and later Rosicrucian, the proximity and entrance in the Age of Aquarius - occurring after the present Age of Pisces (or age ruled by the "Sword") - will bring to the majority of human beings the discovery, true living and real knowledge of the inner and deeper Christian teachings which the Christ spoke of in Matthew 13:11 (http://bible.cc/matthew/13-11.htm) and Luke 8:10 (http://bible.cc/luke/8-10.htm).

This age is regarded as an intermediary preparation toward the Christ in the etheric plane, the New Galilee: the "new heavens and a new earth" to come in a future not identified time. In the Aquarian age at hand it is expected a great spiritual Teacher to come ("is coming"), through the school which works as herald of this age, in order "to give the Christian Religion impetus in a new direction".[26] Others[citation needed] who do not herald the idea of a physical spiritual teacher in contrast to the AntiChrist believe that the Spiritual Teacher will truly be themselves, and that Christ will manifest himself within those who seek these Inner Teachings.

Age of Aquarius www.astrology.com (http://www.astrology.com/aboutastrology/transits/ageofaquarius/)

The key phrase for Aquarius is "I Know," but that knowledge is not a righteous, superior or exclusionary knowledge. It's a sort of wisdom that draws people together, for Aquarians are, above all else, social animals. They crave interaction with large groups of people, thriving in humanitarian and social causes and in any situation where collective thought, innovation and cooperation are required. They tend to be eccentric and disdainful of tradition and -- while they love magic and believe in the esoteric arts -- prefer to discover knowledge through scientific experimentation and exploration.

Joseph Campbell (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph_Campbell)
"The mystical theme of the Space Age is this: (http://www.carnaval.com/aquarius/)
the world as we know it, is coming to an end. The world as the center of the universe, the world divided from the heavens, the world bound by horizons in which love is reserved for members of the in-group: that is the world that is passing away. Apocalypse does not point to a fiery Armageddon but to the fact that our ignorance and our complacency are coming to an end. Our divided, schizophrenic world view, with no mythology adequate to coordinate our conscious and unconscious __that is what is coming to an end. The exclusivism of there being only one way in which we can be saved, the idea that there is a single religious group that is in sole possession of the truth__that is the world as know it that must pass away. What is the kingdom? It lies in our realization of the ubiquity of the divine presence in our neighbors, in our enemies, in all of us."

I had never heard of Joseph Campbell and so looked him up. I downloaded a series of documentaries called, “The Power of Myth”. The documentary comprised of six one-hour conversations between mythologist Joseph Campbell (1904 - 1987) and journalist Bill Moyers (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Moyers).

I could not believe that Campbell’s beliefs mirror my own, although mine are not as educated as his :o. It was what Joseph Campbell had to say that I express as profound!

If you do not have scruples about downloading you can get the programs here (http://isohunt.com/torrent_details/93009329/Documentary+Power+Myth?tab=summary). I used Limewire.

The download is 2.01GB

Ghislain

solomon levi
12-01-2009, 07:01 PM
I'm not sure what to think of the teachings about the Age of Aquarius.
I certainly "believe" in cycles, as they are observable phenomenon
and therefore do not require belief.

For me, I have to place this with 2012 and the Second Coming, etc.
Every age has had its "armageddon" and its saviors.
It's the (social) human condition to take things personally - "this is
talking about me/us/our time."
Calendars have been screwed with and it's hard to say when such events
are supposed to happen anymore, IMO.

But since these things are such a part of social consciousness, I'm sure
they'll come about in some way.
When we look at the world and current events, it certainly looks like things
are getting worse - the darkest before the dawn kinda thing, which would
enhance potential for an Age of Aquarius rebirth after the storm.

Then again, things must have seemed very dark to the Cathars in their time,
or a dozen other examples....

The Age of Aquarius always seems to be just around the corner...

I realise that this isn't so much a myth as an actual celestial event, but
it sure sounds like the same old religious propaganda, where we're always
paying for our sins now and salvation/nirvana/whatever is always in the future.

That's just me: I try to stay present and avoid beliefs. ;)

I think I'm missing how this ties in to the other thread. ?? :o
Could you point it out for me?
I might be being blinded by my disdain for beliefs. :)

Cephal
12-03-2009, 07:15 PM
(This is all just a theory, if it sounds like crap - just say so or ignore it. I am not confident in any way that I am correct.)

Well, here is a consideration that I might put forth. Keep in mind that I am not all that wise with material and I still have much to learn - But to consider: Each age prior in human history has been met with a change in alignment of thought. It could be said that because darkness and light are as two sides of the same coin - the only true good can be considered balance and the only true evil could be considered imbalance. the pendulum has swung from age to age reaching one side or the other and perhaps the coming age represents where the pendulum will finally stop the age old swing.

I'm going to point this out because I've seen it discussed in at least two or three threads from time to time. Darkness is a force well represented by the question and the while powerful, the nature of darkness is to expand and therefore lacks the same level of resolve found amongst light. Light is represented by the answer, a binding and limited force which holds its truest power amongst the strength of it's resolve. Light is an absolute force. Hence, whereas darkness is formless, light is with form and in face is contracted within. The truest force that is light will always triumph over the truest force that is darkness, but both forces will lose when faced with harmony amongst the dualistic forces. Hence to be said, too much light is akin to being as bad as too much darkness and to further push my point - Look at the way humanity goes: They shy away from tyranny and embrace freedom and yet crave order - Hence absolute order or light is akin to tyranny whereas absolute darkness is akin to anarchy - These two forces when taken to the extreme will not only halt the spiritual evolution of mankind, but it will cause the evolution to revert or even decline in their own, indelible ways. Hence both light and dark are imbalance when set alone, but it is the eternal Grey area that is balance of which we should seek. the center of the pendulum's swing. Now, this is just a theory of mine and it could be completely inaccurate - But as I see it.... That of which can be acknowledged as the creator is composed fairly equally of those two eternal forces, and thus to emulate that path could be in reference to bring oneself closer to the entity that is our source. Perhaps to understand yourself as both an individual and part of a collective is the very path that the source undertakes every single moment as it is all, but not all - To understand itself as one being but to also understand itself as being all. Hence, balance could be considered the "way of god" of which we are to eventually follow if we truly wish to ascend beyond this pitiful proving ground we call the material realm. So, recapping what I have been saying: the forces we see as light and dark are but sub-forces and that true light or "good" is balance and true darkness or "evil" is imbalance. Light always triumphs over darkness because not because it is more powerful and numerous but because it is an absolute force in the level of resolve it can attain whereas darkness is infinitely more powerful to the point of sacrificing form and hence becoming unable to wield all that power in the face of light and yet both of them are triumphed over by the union that is balance as it holds the core traits that define both forces (Possibly, I don't really know as this is just a theory.).

As each age was marked by either force, it could be said that the first age was a golden age that embraced this union of duality in a primitive form - And we could be nearing the "final" age of man's evolution that leads us closer to the source and ascension as our energies align with what we are expected to seek out and accomplish. The Age of Aquarius is possibly the Age of Balance and it will be heralded by some sort of shift in the collective human consciousness. It is not the end of all things that we are heading toward, but the last major step in our evolution that takes place in the material realm - All else is beyond that. This could merely mark the end of one cycle that leads the grand cycle toward a continuation of its own continual evolution or realization. So to remember this is to remember that darkness and light are but one force and they both coexist and have come from each other.

Well, that is just my two cents - I could be extremely wrong as I admit I know very little compared to all of you - But hey, hope you all like it.

(And to recap, I think myself a fool for mentioning this because I could be 100 percent wrong - but hey, I tried.)

Ghislain
12-10-2009, 05:36 AM
I think I'm missing how this ties in to the other thread. ??
Could you point it out for me?

I'm afraid it is a loose link Sol', but nevertheless it is the post that triggered mine :)

I'm of the opinion that it is a time for sharing and less secrecy.

This statement instantly made me think of what I had read before, about mankind needing leaders -
I had the image in my mind of those leaders seeing us like children who had to be protected from
themselves. So much knowledge was kept secret...esoteric...but today we are all grown up and the
need for secrecy has past.

I hope that answers your question Sol'. Sorry I was so late in answering but I look at the forum through
"Today's Posts" and sometimes miss replies.

Kiev

I love the balance theory; it goes hand in hand with yin & yang. But dark is only lack of light...
Does this mean we only have to work on producing the light as the dark will be there anyway?

They shy away from tyranny and embrace freedom and yet crave order -
Hence absolute order or light is akin to tyranny whereas absolute darkness is akin to anarchy

I think that is a good example of how the pendulum swings...balance would be nice, but...
if you look at political parties you usually have the left the right and the centre however the
majority nearly always move either side and not the centre as this would stop the pendulum
swinging...perhaps it is this swing that powers the whole show.

What do I know \o/

Ghislain

Donna Matrix
05-22-2010, 08:38 PM
This is all astrological, as the solar system is passing out of pisces and entering aquarius. In the Alice Bailey teachings (that are an extension of Blavotsky's) Master DK talks about the seven rays which are the "seven spiritrs before the throne". These are characterized by:
Ray 1: power / destruction
Ray 2: love wisdom
Ray 3 :intelligent activity
Ray 4 Harmony and beauty thru conflict
Ray 5: science and lower mind
Ray 6: devotion and idealism
Ray 7: ceremonial magic and order

Pisces is ruled by ray 2 and 6 as Jupiter (2nd ray) and Neptune(6th ray). Each ray has virtue/vice. Hence for pisces or sixth ray you see the ideal of Nietche's Superman and American rugged individualism and the inquisition and religious fundamentalism. You also have the perversion of Nazi "ideal aryan".

The coming age of aquarius is about the 7th ray. Thus groups are forming to do ritual and bring about a new order with vision. This is why alchemy will be more prominent than it has been the last few centuries. This is why we are having so much problems with religious fundamentalism all over the world, as it is the death gasp of piscean energies. Religion is primarliy as 6th ray institution just as politics is primarliy 1st ray.Aquarius is ruled by Uranus which is 7th ray.

Many changes happen with the 7th ray energy. New species will appear that are more beautiful than before. The 7th ray represents a finishing of a great cycle. Water will become a prominent theme, and will acquire almost sacramental significance. Humans will be able to communicate and cooperate with devic life more easily. The theme is "right relation to all".

You can see the prominence of religious symbolism if you know about the rays. Hence you have the fish for pisces, Christ said "I am a fisher of men". The age of aries had the ram and was ray 1. So you have the horrors of the Romans. The age of Taurus has the bull worship and the apis bull in Egypt. The age of Gemini saw the twins Isis and Osiris, the age of Leo, when the sinking of Atlantis occured, saw the sphynx, the man lion.

Planets have their rays as have constellations, as have countries. The US if 6th ray personality 2nd ray soul. Hence we get the double whammy with religious fundamentalists. Britain is 1st ray personality 2nd ray soul, so Britian and US have an interesting mix of 2nd ray energies. India has a 1st ray soul.

6th ray is not so intelligent as 3, 5 or 7. The even numbers are feminine and the odd are masculine. This is also tied into the tree of life, and the first three sefiroth producing the last seven. I haven't read it, but I am assuming Iran is very 6th ray, and so we have another strange play of energies with the US.

There have been few truly 1st ray souls on the physical plane. Alexander the great was one. Einstein was a 5th ray initiate. Bill Gates is 7th ray initiate. Eleanor and Franklin Roosevelt were first ray, as are Bill and Hillary. Mother Theresa and The Christ and the Buddha were second ray.

This is a whole big study in and of itself, but I do beleive it can have value in alchemy as well. The rays work out in history, and psychology for us humans. Now with the waning of the 6th ray, blue flowers will be rarer and purple will become more prominent. So will blue stones.

Just some thoughts...

DM

Andro
05-23-2010, 12:14 AM
Ray 7: ceremonial magic and order.
Thus groups are forming to do ritual and bring about a new order with vision.

Ceremony? New order? Who're you working for?

Just kidding :)

(I hope)

Aquarius is ruled by Uranus which is 7th ray.

Uranus is the destroyer of order and convention/comformity.
It also rules 'expecting the unexpected'.
Aquarius/Uranus and 'ritual' are pretty much mutually exclusive.
Try talking directly to the planets (Uranus in particular) and hear what they have to say.

Uranus is also the gender-bender, and rules non-hetero sexuality as well.

Water will become a prominent theme, and will acquire almost sacramental significance.

Aquarius is an AIR sign, as in waves/aetheric movement.

Associating Aquarius with water is a common misconception.

Donna Matrix
05-23-2010, 02:25 AM
Thank You for your thoughtful post, ,Androgyneus.

I will consult my crystal skulls and see if I can talk to Uranus.Would you like to know what I find out?

I know Aquarius is an air sign. According to esoteric astrology, the keynote for Aquarius is" water of life am I poured out for thirsty men".

My intuition tells me that water will be a primary tool for the redemption of the world, but that's too far out and ungrounded for this forum.

Need I remind you that much of this world's fresh water is already polluted?

New world order, world redemption - these are not my words, just some really inspired visions I read somewhere.

DM

Andro
05-23-2010, 03:16 AM
I will consult my crystal skulls and see if I can talk to Uranus. Would you like to know what I find out?

I've had 'conversations' with some of the Planetary Spirits in our system, Saturn in particular.
If you are able to have such communications, I'll be glad to compare notes :)

According to esoteric astrology, the keynote for Aquarius is" water of life am I poured out for thirsty men".

This 'Water of Life' is the Aquarian 'Wind of Change'.
The thirst is not for water, but for change/transformation.

My intuition tells me that water will be a primary tool for the redemption of the world.

As it has been before... The biblical flood comes to mind :eek:

Donna Matrix
05-23-2010, 06:09 PM
Androgynus,

I have also talked to planets, mostly Saturn myself. I also have talked to beings in the sun, Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter and Saturn. Saturn's atmosphere looked charcoal grey and he was like a cragedy old man, much like Scrooge. He waved a crooked old finger at me> i realize he has a job to do, but there was no warmth there. Now who knows if we are actually communicating with the planets themselves or the thoughtform. Still, he is powerful in his realm, and sometimes he does favors, but I found it is never for free.

I still stand by my assertion that water will be a tool for redemption and it won't be about watering daisies! It will involve water as transportation for mental and energetic patterns. These energies will help heal our fellow humans and help heal all the sub human kingdoms. Perhaps ormus will be involved.

Blessings,

DM