PDA

View Full Version : Good Source of Spagyric Herbs

MarkostheGnostic
12-05-2009, 03:00 AM
http://www.herbco.com/

Here is an on-line store where I just obtained 1/4 bags of herbs which I selected for Spagyric elixirs to be made in the following order (at the appropriate planetary days and hours):

Root Center - Saturn: Horsetail (Equisetum arvense)
Sex Center - Jupiter: Sage (Salvia officinalis)
Solar Plexus - Mars: Wormwood (Artemisima absinthium)
Heart Center - Venus: Passion Flower (Passiflora incarnata)
Throat Center - Mercury: Valerian (Valeriana officinalis)
Head Centers - Moon: Nutmeg (Myristica fragrans)
Heart Center (2) - Sun: Sweet Flag (Acorus calamus)

This order reflects the ascending and the descending path, a 'shepherd's crook' form rather than a 'rod.' This reflects (for me) the Vajrayana Buddhist passage rather than the Hindu Tantric passage. It also reflects the hierarchy of one Della Rivera noted in Julius Evola's book The Hermetic Tradition, page 177, Chapter Forty-Four, 'The Planetary Hierarchy.'

All of these herbs are psychoactive by themselves, except perhaps Horsetail. Horsetail is unique among plants however, inasmuch as 1 ton of its raw matter can contain up to 4.5 ounces of Gold! I have not tried Sage, but according to report, when smoked, it can resemble the effects of Salvia divinorum. I have picked Calamus from the Great Swamp in NJ, but never consimed any. It contains TMA (Trimethoxyamphetamine), a precursor to Mescaline. Nutmeg contains MDA (Methylenedioxyamphetamine), Passaflora contains Harmine and Harmaline - psychedelics once referred to as Telepathine for their alleged telepathy-inducing properties. I use it instead of Cannabis, but it does work if one uses Cannabis. Valerian puts me to sleep. My Lady just bought our first bottle of French Absinthe, made from Wormwood, among other herbs, and containing Thujone - another substance of possible psychedelic effect.

This collection, requiring Spagyric separations into Sulphur (essential oil), Mercury (fermentation into/addition of ethanol), and Salt (Calcined, washed, crystallized plant residue); recombination; Solutio into potable drops to be taken according to planetary hours/days, should take me a goodly long time!

WCH
12-06-2009, 04:53 PM
Salvia officinalus, when smoked, does not resemble Salvia divinorum at all. I don't know where you heard that but it's not true at all. It is nice to smoke, though... note that it contains estrogen, so I wouldn't use it daily for fear of screwing with hormone balance. If not used every day it shouldn't be too dangerous though.

WCH
12-06-2009, 04:59 PM
For that matter, where did you hear that nutmeg contains MDA? As far as I can tell, it instead contains a couple *precursors* of MDA, which isn't the same thing at all.

I'd treat all of this information with a grain of salt...

MarkostheGnostic
12-06-2009, 10:59 PM
The Sage article may be questionable. I read it on a site like Erowid or Lycaeum, where the fellow said he smoked a joint and that it wasn't an effect due to hypoxia. People who frequent forums with 'trip reports' (like shroomery.org, where I've spent 10 years as MtG) generally do not lie about their experiences, if they want to maintain any credibility and respect.

As to Myristicin: I made an ethanol extraction many years ago, after first defatting 4 or five nutmegs. I scraped the gooey brown residue into capsules, and took them for midnight mass on Christmas Eve 1978. I remember the experience only vaguely, but I well-remember my description to others:
"It was like taking a tablet of Dexedrine and smoking a chunk of hash with it." In other words, a wide-eyed stone. Clearly WAS psychoactive.

An overdose of nutmeg has reportedly been fatal. It is not good for one's liver. Slaves were said to have smuggled them aboard slave ships, prisoners have obtained them for the 'high.' I remember not being able to clear the taste for days.

http://www.erowid.org/plants/nutmeg/nutmeg_info3.shtml

http://www.moodfoods.com/nutmeg/index.html

Awani
12-07-2009, 02:44 AM
An overdose of nutmeg has reportedly been fatal. It is not good for one's liver.

More on that in this thread (for those interested): Various Poisonous plants (nutmeg, deadly nightshade etc.) (http://forum.alchemyforums.com/showthread.php?t=520)

:cool:

WCH
12-08-2009, 06:40 PM
The Sage article may be questionable. I read it on a site like Erowid or Lycaeum, where the fellow said he smoked a joint and that it wasn't an effect due to hypoxia. People who frequent forums with 'trip reports' (like shroomery.org, where I've spent 10 years as MtG) generally do not lie about their experiences, if they want to maintain any credibility and respect.

As to Myristicin: I made an ethanol extraction many years ago, after first defatting 4 or five nutmegs. I scraped the gooey brown residue into capsules, and took them for midnight mass on Christmas Eve 1978. I remember the experience only vaguely, but I well-remember my description to others:
"It was like taking a tablet of Dexedrine and smoking a chunk of hash with it." In other words, a wide-eyed stone. Clearly WAS psychoactive.

An overdose of nutmeg has reportedly been fatal. It is not good for one's liver. Slaves were said to have smuggled them aboard slave ships, prisoners have obtained them for the 'high.' I remember not being able to clear the taste for days.

http://www.erowid.org/plants/nutmeg/nutmeg_info3.shtml

http://www.moodfoods.com/nutmeg/index.html
Both sage and nutmeg are psychoactive, I'm not discounting that... just not at all in the way described in your first post. Sage, when smoked, has a mild psychoactive effect... I find it to improve my mood and generally feel pretty good, but there's absolutely nothing about it which is similar to Salvia divinorum. You refer to trip reports; I wouldn't ever accuse someone of "lying," but I also have never read anything to the effect of what you're suggesting. Maybe you've got a specific one you'd recommend?

As for nutmeg, again, it's definitely psychoactive, it's just that it does not contain MDA as was said in the OP. It does contain various amphetamine or amphetamine-related compounds, including precursors for MDA, so I understand from where the confusion would come, but the fact is that different amphetamines have different effects, and you can't use nutmeg as an MDMA substitute without being sorely disappointed.

MarkostheGnostic
12-09-2009, 04:41 AM
Both sage and nutmeg are psychoactive, I'm not discounting that... just not at all in the way described in your first post. Sage, when smoked, has a mild psychoactive effect... I find it to improve my mood and generally feel pretty good, but there's absolutely nothing about it which is similar to Salvia divinorum. You refer to trip reports; I wouldn't ever accuse someone of "lying," but I also have never read anything to the effect of what you're suggesting. Maybe you've got a specific one you'd recommend?

As for nutmeg, again, it's definitely psychoactive, it's just that it does not contain MDA as was said in the OP. It does contain various amphetamine or amphetamine-related compounds, including precursors for MDA, so I understand from where the confusion would come, but the fact is that different amphetamines have different effects, and you can't use nutmeg as an MDMA substitute without being sorely disappointed.

LOL! No, I never intended that. MDA and MMDA are remarkably different substances. There is one chemist on line who lets it be known that he makes both and takes them with his lady in varying combinations. Frankly, the methyl groups are not healthy for liver cells. These widely different substances offer different Initiations into Chakra psychologies. People who combine things like MMDA and Psilocybin (MX Missile) are only gluttons IMO. They cannot handle both the horizontal and vertical domains which would be opened by Ecstasy and Psilocybin/Psilocin, respectively, at the same time. I certainly prefer MMDA to MDA or its precursors!

But, Spagyrics are gonna be more of a symbolic thing than a psychospiritual thing. I remain incredulous that real experiential effects will take place across physical, psychic and spiritual (Salt, Sulphur, Mercury) domains. Perhaps the exception will be a Spagyric product of a Psilocybian mushroom, although distillation of its Sulphur will have to be replaced by distillation of Wine Vinegar, from which the Sulphur of the mushroom is taken, instead of distillation of the mushroom itself. Mercury will be extracted via ethanol, and the extractions combined with Calcined carpophore.

WCH
12-09-2009, 09:09 AM
MDA and MDMA are similar enough to use one in place of the other. Not exactly the same, but close. The various precursor amphetamines are more removed.