PDA

View Full Version : Amon

Awani
12-06-2009, 02:42 AM
Researching demons and stumbled upon this one. Although aware of his/her existence before it still caught my interest with the phrase in bold.

In demonology, Amon (also spelled Aamon) is a Marquis of Hell. He is the seventh of the 72 Goetic demons who governs forty infernal legions. His appearance is that of a wolf with a serpent's tail, vomiting out of his mouth flames of fire. At the command of a mage, Amon may take the shape of man with a raven's head, having teeth of a canine. He tells of all things past and future. He procures love and reconciles controversies between friends and foes. Some demonologists have associated his name with the Egyptian god Amun or with the god Ba‘al Hammon of Carthage. - source (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amon_(demon))

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h18/deviadah/forum/Aamon.jpg

Sidenote:

Popular among some theosophists and adherents of esoteric Christianity is the conjecture that amen is a derivative of the name of the Egyptian god Amun (which is sometimes also spelled Amen). Some adherents of Eastern religions believe that amen shares roots with the Sanskrit word, aum. There is no academic support for either of these views. - source (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amen#Etymology)

:cool:

Agni
12-06-2009, 01:21 PM
This one looks quite interesting.

The other day I was reading "Aghora" by Svoboda --- Does someone know this book ?

It said that that there are 3 essential aspects of Kali (Black Isis). One is the invisible form, which actually symbolizes "our materia prima", the other one is the material form, which came out of the materia prima, and the third one is "Shakti", female energy.

But the interesting thing is that it said that Kali or the Black Isis actually symbolizes Our Ego, the Ego which projects itself

... So it has to be the same with the Goetic Demons or the Qulipphoth ... It's kind of a system which represents our own Ego in form of a big "puzzle". :eek:

But if you know about it, it's not that scary anymore :p

Agni

horticult
12-06-2009, 02:01 PM
Thats a new age bs, when man starts know about these is shit scared.

Awani
12-06-2009, 03:35 PM
Black Isis

Never heard of that. I like this name having always felt close to the aspects of Isis (water/moon).

Thats a new age bs...

I agree that New Age bs is very boring, but I don't think anything in this thread has anything to do with the New Age. It's all alchemy baby, even if it is in an allegorical form.

:cool:

horticult
12-06-2009, 03:44 PM
But if you know about it, it's not that scary anymore

Agni

This is wrong attitude indoctrinated by new age and similar positive thinking nonsenses.

Agni
12-06-2009, 05:02 PM
Hey Deviadah, I've never read the English version of "Le Mystere Des Cathedrales" but in German version "Black Isis" is the name which Fulcanelli uses. But i think it should be the same in the english version.

... the Black Isais.

Horticult, actually I can't see the new age aspect at all, as you've called it. But maybe I didn't explain it well enough.
I just think it's important to know what symbolizes each aspect, to handle it better. For example: All the traditions like tantra, just for example the vamachara path, people who follow those traditions and get confronted with some of the aspects we're talking about ... they have to know what they mean ...

Don't know, at least that's the way I see things.

Agni

horticult
12-06-2009, 10:55 PM
Ok, I have just respond on that 1 sentence.

I know and like that great old man C. G. Jung.

But e. g. when a man is going to meet "only" with his anima, I can guarantee that it will be a pretty horrible and unthought ordeal...

We live in various continents and culture, so we can not know what exactly the other mean under e. g. "new age" etc., so think deeply about it.

Agni
12-07-2009, 01:25 AM
But e. g. when a man is going to meet "only" with his anima, I can guarantee that it will be a pretty horrible and unthought ordeal...

Yes, I agree with you totally about this point ... with putting the emphasis on "only"!