PDA

View Full Version : Strange rising of the salt

Hyperborean
12-11-2009, 11:06 AM
Some days ago i finished the experiment with salpetre: it was exposed to the moonlight during the two first quarters of the Moon. I noticed a strange result: a part of the salt rose on the walls of the vessel in small clots. In the same time there wasn't any changes in weight so i cannot explain it with atmospherical humidity (it was quite cold weather so i didn't expect a lot of aerial condensate). Maybe it was spontaneous volatilization of the salt? Has somebody seen such phenomenon during the work?

LeoRetilus
12-11-2009, 12:16 PM
Have you ever thought of why you can see the moon at night? Where does it get its light? What type of light does it reflect? Have you ever read The Emerald Tablet? There must, as in most cases, be more going on than meets the eye? Ever thought of where the word lunacy comes from?

Hyperborean
12-11-2009, 01:35 PM
I meant i have never met such describing in the books. Canseliet wrote there can be changing of the weight of the salt and the chaging of its colour (although i met nobody who had seen the salpetre becoming green). In my case the weight and the colour didn't change. So, can it be attraction of universal spirit incorporated in the salt to the Moon or some other effect?

Salazius
12-11-2009, 01:39 PM
Hello,

Look here
http://forum.alchemyforums.com/showthread.php?t=534
and you will have your answer.

Hyperborean
12-11-2009, 01:48 PM
Thanks, i have already read this topic. But i didn't evaporate the dissolution of salpetre. I think maybe we can consider the long exposition of the salt as slow evaporation because the salt had got some humidity from the air and can be considered as strong dissolution? In this case the salt's weight must change but he didn't.

Salazius
12-11-2009, 02:48 PM
The air humidity should have made the evaporation, and the sun maybe dried your salt the morning ?

Hyperborean
12-11-2009, 03:16 PM
I think it's most probable. Next Moon month i'll try again with a bigger quantity of the salt. I have questions about the process because i didn't find out the changing of the weight proportional to absorbed humidity.
Apropos Salazius, have you load Solazaref's "Alkaest" from the site as i write you some time ago?

Salazius
12-11-2009, 03:45 PM
I don't want to be off topic so I P.M you :)