PDA

View Full Version : glad to meet you

teofrast40
12-12-2009, 09:31 PM
hallo
I had a juvenile infatuation with alchemy when I was 20. I red a few books without understanding a single word, and met an obscure guy who gave me access to a wealth of texts and to some persons at hig degrees of western secret societies. I practised some organic alchemy (a path that now I think doesn't pertain strictly to alchemy). after a while I realized that I did not like this environment and moved over to yoga, zen, vipassana and many other things and left alchemy in a box for future times. A few months ago (now I'm 41) the time has come, and my love for the Lady has bursted wildly. I spend almost all of my waking time reading the good authors (lege, lege, lege, relege..). Life blessed me with a little house, in the middle of nowhere. I'm a country hermit (beata solitudo, sola beatitudo), and I don't belong to any religion, society, etc. I believe that alchemy is a lonely path.
Actually I have no lab experience (ok, i did a spagyric tincture), but I aim to move to the practical side as soon as I have the created the place for a lab (and also maybe a vague idea of what I should be supposed to do in it..)
thank you

Zephyr
12-12-2009, 10:45 PM
Hi Welcome! it sounds like you have an exciting journey ahead of you, and you are in the right spot for it! I cannot answer your questions re: alchemy, because I am a beginner in it, but there are some fine folks around here who can!
*Z*

Awani
12-13-2009, 01:26 AM
Welcome to the forums!

:cool:

solomon levi
12-13-2009, 02:35 AM
Greetings Teo!

I have a friend I don't see too often - we call him TEO which
stands for The Enlightened One. :D

My life is lonely too. Maybe I should stop working on urine. :o
I'm just kidding. I'm in a weird mood today.

It's good you like reading. I've been reading alchemy for some 16
years and I'm still downloading all kinds of stuff from the internet.

Welcome to Alchemy Forums!

sleeveless
12-13-2009, 03:57 AM
Welcome!!!!!:D

Salazius
12-13-2009, 09:31 AM
Welcome :)

in the middle of nowhere.
Between the Now and Here ? Very good :)

Do not worry about understanding Alchemy, it's quite the matter when we begin in it. In fact, it's not very complicated after all. It's like chinese language, when you are a chinese it's easy, if not well ...the passion makes the rest and it will be easier to learn it if you live in the country.
Just try to catch the whole idea of it, and make your own Alchemy.

Ghislain
12-13-2009, 09:40 AM
Greetings Teofrast40

My life is lonely too. Maybe I should stop working on urine.

ROFL Sol' :D

Ghislain