PDA

View Full Version : Taphonomy

True Initiate
12-12-2009, 10:57 PM
Taphonomy is a modern science that studies the decomposition process of the organic material.
Since we all know the importance of the putrefaction in alchemy i think this science need's to be studied.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Decomposition

I found a intriguing opening sentence on the Wikipedia about decomposition:
"Decomposition is the process by which tissues of a dead organism break down into simpler forms of matter."

"Simpler forms of matter"... Nay?! Who said Prima materia? :cool:

"Bodies of living organisms begin to decompose shortly after death. It is a cascade of processes that go through distinct phases. It may be categorised in two stages by the types of end products. The first stage is characterized by the formation of liquid materials".

This "liquid materials" are the philosophical mercury's and universal solvent's of the ancient's.
The definition of the universal solvent is that decomposes all the bodies from the same kingdom into it's Prima Materia, that is Body (salt), Soul (Oil) and Spirit (solvent).
It does not mean that it dissolves all metal's and rock's alltogether like some kind of acid but it is a decomposition solvent of the roting body!
It is called universal only because it stretches itself on the wholle kingdom, alcohol is the universal solvent for the vegetable kingdom for example.

Does anybody knows the name of the solvent from the animal kingdom?

Seth-Ra
12-13-2009, 12:42 AM
Interesting question. Ive worked in the animal kingdom, and it seems to me the most basic of solvents for it is water. Water itself is a solvent, and we are mostly water. Its potency of breaking the animal bodies down is most likely due to other chemicals that effect its PH, making it into a stronger acid type water.

When i worked in it, i used rain water, but then, i use it for all kingdoms as a medium and allow the mater to effect the water, and then the water turns around and acts on the mater in accordance to its kingdom. So for me i see water as a "universal solvent", reacting to each Kingdom according to its kind.

That probably isnt what your asking for though, and the question may infact be what substances form the animal acid (or make the water acidic towards the animal) in which case id speculate the decomposing enzymes and bacteria work toward this end along with bodily acids.

hope that helps. :)

~Seth-Ra

solomon levi
12-13-2009, 12:45 AM
I've pondered that question before. When I just read it, this time
I had an insight. It may be completely wrong, but here it is:

Salts often hold the keys to alkahests (alkali est).
We know that the urine alkahest is made by cohobating the
spirit over the salts.

When the human body is incinerated (creamation) there are
supposedly 12 cell salts that remain. I wonder if these salts are
alkali enough to decompose the body, like lye does.

I know this doesn't give the typical liquid solvent answer, but
recall that calx of gold is often referred to as mercurial, and
sometimes substituted for mercury of gold (thinking specifically
of Glauber's "De Purgatorio Philosophorum") especially if the
precipitated calx is fulminating gold (chlor-auric acid precipitated
with ammonia).

True Initiate
12-13-2009, 01:17 AM
Thank's for the answer's.

Interesting thing to remember is that in the vegetable kingdom alcohol does not exists until plant dies, the same thing in the mineral kingdom and i think this rule applies to the animal kingdom also.

There was a recipe from John French about rotting and reducing flesh in a water if i remember correctly which is a universal animal solvent.

I do not wish to dissolve metal's with it i just want to understand the chemcal process od decomposition.

LeoRetilus
12-13-2009, 03:36 AM
Well physically speaking when something dies especially a living animal it is said that it loses weight. Lets call this the spirit for sake of arguement .If it has weight but is invisible then it must interact with the physical world in some way if not by mass, i.e no body then maybe it interacts with the physical world magnetically. Wilheim Reich claimed he could see this lifeforce , and in studying dead plant material he said it was released upon decompostion of the cell wall, has anyone ever really studied chlorplast and its animal equivilant, mitrochondira, two very astonishing substances that without, life would not be possible in either kingdom. Especially interesting is the way that the chloroplasts interact with the sun, scientists still don't fully understand them or the process, I think that it is one of the great miracles of life. And mitochondria as well, in the fact that it is actually a foreign substance in that it has its own DNA, and really does not belong in the animal cell but is more of a symbiotic organism. Interesting that mitochondria is actually responsible for the aging process, hmmm if the Elixir of Life really does prolong life then it must interact with this organism in some way. Anyhow Reich called this lifeforce bion energy and isolated it and said that no matter what he did to it , it could not be destroyed, and in one experiment he added it back to clean distilled water and in several days, the bion energy had reorganized itself as living life again, as protozoa.

Ghislain
12-13-2009, 10:11 AM
Putrescine (sometimes spelled putrescin) is an organic chemical compound
NH2(CH2)4NH2 (1,4-diaminobutane or butanediamine). It is related to
cadaverine; both are produced by the breakdown of amino acids in living and
dead organisms and both are toxic in large doses.[1][2] The two compounds are
largely responsible for the foul odor of putrefying flesh, but also contribute to the
odor of such processes as bad breath and bacterial vaginosis. They are also found
in semen and some microalgae, together with related molecules like spermine and
spermidine. Source: (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Putrescine)

Perhaps that is the solvent?

I thought Telomerase (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Telomerase) was responsible for the aging process?
Mitocondria (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitocondria) create the cells power.

Ghislain