PDA

View Full Version : Forum / Subforum Descriptions & Layout Changes

Aleilius
01-03-2009, 02:23 PM
I would like to give everybody a chance to express their opinions on the current structure of the board.

Do you like the way we have the forum / subforums divived? Or do you think something is confusing?

What about the forum / subforum descriptions? What would you change?

Please keep in mind we're still in the process of working on the default layout / color scheme for the board. All of this is a work in progress. I should also mention a new banner design is in the works.

Aleilius
01-03-2009, 02:35 PM
I'll be the first to point out a change.

Phytotherapy
Dew, Entheogens, Ethnobotany, Folk Medicine, Herbalism, Pharmacognosy, Plants and Psychonauts.

I think Dew should be taken off the list. It should be related to the main general alchemy section. It's only loosely related to the others.

Aleilius
01-03-2009, 02:40 PM
Metallurgy & Mineralogy
Alloys, Base Metals, Crystals, Elements, Minerals and Salts.

I also wonder why this section should be considered separate from the general alchemy section. It seems these things are very closely related to the original subject matter.

Awani
01-03-2009, 02:44 PM
I shall remove DEW.

I think we should have more sections in the Practical Alchemy section... problem is how we divide it the best wihtout causing to much confusion?

Aleilius
01-03-2009, 02:48 PM
I think we should have more sections in the Practical Alchemy section... problem is how we divide it the best without causing to much confusion?
I'm not against a good selection of subforums, but I do question the confusion issue. If we can come up with a good selection of subforums for the practical alchemy section then I would be all for it. Right now the whole thing seems a little confusing to me, but I'm probably a bit more OCD than most people.

Awani
01-03-2009, 03:02 PM
Perhaps we should just have two?

In the parent forum called Practical Alchemy anything can be discussed that is related.

Subforum 1: herbal, folkmedicine, natural substances etc
Subforum 2: chemistry and science related

Awani
01-03-2009, 06:24 PM
I have made the Practical Alchemy section into one big section. Let us leave it as that till we discover during postings that we need a subforum... they should come naturally...

As for Spiritual Alchemy I leave it as it is since the subforums are relevant:

Astrologia = divination, astronomy etc

Hermeticism = obvious

Spiritus Vitae = mainly sexual alchemy