PDA

View Full Version : Alchemist A-Z - (revisions)

Awani
12-16-2009, 05:56 PM
If there is an alchemist that is missing in the Alchemist A-Z (http://forum.alchemyforums.com/showthread.php?t=582) resource please post a suggestion in this thread and I will bump it when I have time (also report broken links or if you get a thread going that ties in with one of these sages).

Also please avoid using this thread for discussions regarding certain alchemists (there are so many that lack their own thread anyway so just create one if there is a need)!

:cool:

Albion
05-08-2010, 05:31 PM
I would like to submit Armand Barbault, the author of "Gold of a Thousand Mornings to the list.

Albion
05-08-2010, 05:35 PM
I'm more or less a rank beginner, but Delmar Bryant [The Art of Alchemy - or the Generation of Gold] seems to me to have an air of legitimacy to him. This book is available on scribd in 4 parts.

horticult
05-12-2010, 03:47 PM
Next Bryant:
http://www.scribd.com/doc/2346040/Lessons-in-the-Unfoldment-of-the-Philosophers-Stone

Albion
05-13-2010, 05:33 PM
Thanks, I finished that a few days ago. Also worth noting, is that the four "Art of Alchemy" sections by Delmar Bryant, available on scribd, begin with the Hebrew letter Kaph. He later says that this is because first matters, being more primary, are generally kept more hidden - or something to that effect. Well, it turns out that the letters Aleph to Yod are dealt with in the book "Divine Symbols" by that author, albeit not expounded on in quite the same manner as the letters in "Art of Alchemy" are.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/2065893/adiramled-divine-symbols

I would dearly like to get ahold of his old newsletters. Here is an interesting excerpt:

From the Adiramled Newsletter, April 1902: "The magic medicine of the ancients was in the form of a very subtle spiritual oil...a grease...The Universal Axle Grease." "...It was in looking down into the crater of an extinct volcano that I beheld evidences of the very Wonder I am presently alluding to. "Here at the foot of this very mountain I gathered the pieces of Lav which I pulverized into the oleaginous Sand on which to experiment with a view of extracting this Oil. "Since then, I have discovered that there are places in America where it can also be obtained of excellent quality but in extremely small quantity. "So that thus far, it has taken an enormous amount of labor and patience to obtain it. "I am at present studying on a chemical process to manufacture it from common loam by a treatment with Carbon and my experiments bid fair to succeeed. "Naturally while I am studying, I am teaching, because the thing is entirely too good to keep wholly to myself..."

http://ignisetazoth.blogspot.com/2008/03/american-alchemists-delmar-deforest.html

Andro
05-13-2010, 05:56 PM
...a very subtle spiritual oil... a grease... manufacture it from common loam by a treatment with Carbon...

Could sound like some sort of variation of Ether extraction from Loam :)

And why not, indeed? The "Fatness of the Earth" :)

Not necessarily a Universal Medicine, but it could be very interesting to experiment with...

I would personally rectify the grease a few times.

Then, unite it/'correct' it with a highly purified Salt (I mean Alchemically purified ;)) - so as to avoid poisoning ourselves...

Quoth Paracelsus:

"We honor the Sun because 'Our Water' is not attained without it and its shadow (the Moon), and with them no teeming venom is engendered."

Albion
05-13-2010, 07:44 PM
Not to tie everything to 'Ormus' - as that word is used rather expansively - but I am reminded of the oily/greasy viscosity that is not infrequently made mention of by those who extract or concentrate so-called Ormus from various sources.

Andro
05-13-2010, 07:54 PM
Not to tie everything to 'Ormus' - as that word is used rather expansively - but I am reminded of the oily/greasy viscosity that is not infrequently made mention of by those who extract or concentrate so-called Ormus from various sources.

In my understanding, Oily/Greasy extractions from living matters (Water, Air, Earth, body fluids) are quite different in energy than chemical precipitations with corrosive agents. Just my opinion...

Albion
05-13-2010, 08:22 PM
Yes, I believe you are right. I appreciate your having said that which confirms my intuition on the matter.

Andro
05-13-2010, 09:01 PM
Ether extractions are just one way out of many o separate the 'Fatness of the Earth' from the Matter.

You may obtain it by looooooong circulations (where the 'Fatness' will eventually rise to the top and float on the Matter - see 'The Book of Quintessence (http://forum.alchemyforums.com/showthread.php?t=555&highlight=book+quintessence)' for some possible applications), you may separate it spagyrically via distillation, and there are other ways as well...

horticult
05-13-2010, 10:55 PM
It seems that Bryant is pointing @ "1" matter, which mentioned zum Beispiel Paracelsus & Meyrink.

Andro
05-13-2010, 11:01 PM
It seems that Bryant is pointing @ "1" matter, which mentioned zum Beispiel Paracelsus & Meyrink.

So it appears :D

But his 'Occult Blinds' are among the most transparent.

However, even knowing the 'Matter' (for this case), doesn't necessarily prevent one from erring hundreds of times (as Pontanus implies) before understanding its preparation.

Quoth Pontanus:

"When I knew the matter in general, I yet erred two hundred times before I could attain the true matter with the operation and practice thereof."
"Many and great wise men have not attained to the work; they do err, they have erred, they will err because the Philosophers have not put the proper agent."

Even more than that, I don't think I ever came across an Artist's work in which his Matter and Fire are not clearly revealed, hidden in plain sight.

From my understanding so far, there is in general one Way/Matter of the Poor, one of the Middle Class and one of the High Society, all of which are in essence the same Way and Matter, all represented in the Zodiac but differing in practical application :D

Albion
05-15-2010, 04:52 PM
Thank you, Androgynus, for your gracious & edifying remarks.

Would you venture to say the Library, on 27th, is a useful resource for Artists?

Andro
05-15-2010, 05:30 PM
Thank you, Androgynus, for your gracious & edifying remarks.

I'm glad to have been of assistance :)

Would you venture to say the Library, on 27th, is a useful resource for Artists?

It has been for me, on three different instances, although a few years apart from eachother.

The first instance was a book containing a certain 'graphic'.

The second instance was a specific encounter.

The third instance, years later, was the same 'graphic' from the first instance, but viewed with different 'eyes'.

If you can get to 27 and are able/meant to locate something of relevance to the Art, the experience will most likely speak for itself.

I would be genuinely very happy to know that you've succeeded in such a quest!

Albion
05-15-2010, 05:54 PM
I'll be sure to let you know afterwards :). While we're on the subject: Is a renewable copy of MV indeed on prominent display at the Library, as claimed by its Author?

Andro
05-15-2010, 06:11 PM
Is a renewable copy...

Sorry, but I am not inclined to discuss this topic publicly.

The vast majority has close to zero interest in the project you mention, and I also consider it 'off topic' for this public discussion.

Albion
05-15-2010, 06:13 PM
Understood.