PDA

View Full Version : First Snow

True Initiate
12-24-2009, 01:26 PM
http://img241.imagevenue.com/loc469/th_60704_DSCF6503_resize_122_469lo.jpg (http://img241.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=60704_DSCF6503_resize_122_469lo.jpg)

It's a snowy season here in Europe so i wanted to start a experiment with the snow as my prima materia.

I collected about 5 liter's of raw snow at first but after liquification i was left with only about 1 liter of snow water. Then i boiled it until the half was evaporated and i put it in a closed vessel to putrefy it for 40 days.I am expecting to distill the spirit from putrefied water and to calcine the remaining's , then to reunite them.

If anybody has any suggestions or better some old recipes, book's or testament's (my favourite) that involves snow or rain please share it here.

Fireball
12-24-2009, 02:11 PM
http://img241.imagevenue.com/loc469/th_60704_DSCF6503_resize_122_469lo.jpg (http://img241.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=60704_DSCF6503_resize_122_469lo.jpg)

I am expecting to distill the spirit from putrefied water and to calcine the remaining's , then to reunite them.

If anybody has any suggestions or better some old recipes, book's or testament's (my favourite) that involves snow or rain please share it here.

I would suggest not to calcine the remainigs, cause high heat will destroy your salt and the fixed sulphur. It's better to evaporate the remaining phlegm and to dry the remainings at gentle heat of incubator .And then to imbibe them with your spirit and a volatile salts.

The work with both macrocosmos (dew,snow,rain) and the microcosmos( human body fluids) are similar. Their components are gentle and it's very easy to destroy them by high heat. That's why the Grand Work takes a lot of time.( work with gentle heat) :cool:

True Initiate
12-24-2009, 02:33 PM
I would suggest not to calcine the remainigs, cause high heat will destroy your salt and the fixed sulphur. It's better to evaporate the remaining phlegm and to dry the remainings at gentle heat of incubator .And then to imbibe them with your spirit and a volatile salts.

The work with both macrocosmos (dew,snow,rain) and the microcosmos( human body fluids) are similar. Their components are gentle and it's very easy to destroy them by high heat. That's why the Grand Work takes a lot of time.( work with gentle heat) :cool:

Yeah, i used the wrong word for drying up.I am used for heavy metal alchemy.

solomon levi
12-29-2009, 06:29 PM
I had some thoughts today on frost.

First, it's really wonderful how frost/ice crystals form on a window, with
interesting designs and patterns. This is proof, alchemically speaking, that
there is sulphur - intelligence/structure in natural condensation, and that it
is not just water/mercury/solvent.

Second, while the philosophers agree that the primo time to collect is in
spring (aries, taurus, gemini), our laboratory work mimics nature in that
most mercuries, alkahests, etc must be collected in a refrigerated receiver -
which corresponds to winter time, not spring. (Besides, aries-taurus-gemini
may be mere codewords for our "initial mineral subject"/aries-ram, and its
preparation - taurus/ox-hide/fleece... gemini/compost/rebis...)

Third, it is magically and Masonically recognised that the "gates" of life and
death occur at the solstices (cancer - life; capricorn - death), not the equinoxes
(aries)... so there may be something, energetically speaking, to collecting at this
time of year, especially if one intends to putrefy the matter (capricorn/saturn/death).

True Initiate
12-31-2009, 12:02 AM
I had some thoughts today on frost.

First, it's really wonderful how frost/ice crystals form on a window, with
interesting designs and patterns. This is proof, alchemically speaking, that
there is sulphur - intelligence/structure in natural condensation, and that it
is not just water/mercury/solvent.

I agree completely.The strangest thing about the crystalisation of snowflakes are the variety of different pattern's created.This for me is the proof that snow isn't just frozen water.My snow water is in fermentation for 2 week's now and i can observe the foggy white material like spider web floating in the water.I hope it will increase itself in quantity soon.

Awani
12-31-2009, 02:56 AM
It's a snowy season here in Europe...

It's fucking freezing... :(

:cool:

Salazius
12-31-2009, 03:24 PM
I read that dew & snow are quite equivalent.

The putrefaction sign is said to be a golden yellow water, then you put in a retort, you let it decant, and you distill and put back the distillate again until your water be in the retort totally red. You have to wait 3 days before distilling again after putting back the water on the caput.

The red water is a good medicine.

True Initiate
12-31-2009, 05:14 PM
I read that dew & snow are quite equivalent.

The putrefaction sign is said to be a golden yellow water, then you put in a retort, you let it decant, and you distill and put back the distillate again until your water be in the retort totally red. You have to wait 3 days before distilling again after putting back the water on the caput.

The red water is a good medicine.

Thank's Sal.
Can you tell me where did you read that recipe?

Salazius
12-31-2009, 05:53 PM
Sorry, I have no reference to give, it's part of a paper that was given to me.

Cyrano De Bergerac and the Dew, making him rising in the air and travelling. (allegory of an alchemical process ? an tip on the dew ? astral travel with an alchemical product ?)
http://i17.servimg.com/u/f17/11/17/05/29/cyrano10.jpg (http://www.servimg.com/image_preview.php?i=168&u=11170529)

But, you can find a process out of snow and other kind of naturally frozen waters in "Federico Gualdi Un Rose Croix Meconnu" Arche Milano edition, it's about the Mercurius Vitae Universalis and it's production. The book is in italian and french.

http://www.federicogualdi.net/sito_gualdi/index.htm

solomon levi
01-01-2010, 06:31 AM
And tonight, New Year's eve, full moon, blue moon. The closest the moon
gets to earth and so the largest and brightest.

Seth-Ra
01-01-2010, 06:39 AM
And tonight, New Year's eve, full moon, blue moon. The closest the moon
gets to earth and so the largest and brightest.

Indeed it is beautiful tonight... i took some pics, and will gather some dew. (i did that last night too).

:D

True Initiate
01-03-2010, 05:42 PM
Indeed it is beautiful tonight... i took some pics, and will gather some dew. (i did that last night too).

:D

How are you gathering dew in winter?

Seth-Ra
01-03-2010, 06:30 PM
How are you gathering dew in winter?

Magic. :D

Same as I usually gather it: papertowel gently patting the ground drying the dew off the grass and onto the towel, once enough is on the papertowel it can be squeezed out into a jar, after enough is in the jar I filter it a few times until it's clear. (aside from the yellow :) )

it's time consuming and a staff helps support yourself from bein bent over pattin the ground for so long. I usually only gather it for about an hour a night, but that's cause it "feels" like enough had been taken from the ground after that time.
It also may not be enough on the ground to gather during the winter, but it rained here, so Nature all ready mixed and balanced my work, I just had to gather it. :)

Joshua
01-20-2010, 02:11 AM
When water freezes from the atmosphere (like hoar frost) in very close proximity to running water (I have only seen this near a creek), it has a tendency to form highly linear crystals of substantial size (very much like selenite crystals). I share because it may be relevant somehow, and it certainly not well known.