PDA

View Full Version : Fulcanelli - Oak...

solomon levi
12-29-2009, 08:03 PM
I wanted to start a thread on this topic.
I think I understand Fulcanelli's clues, but they seem to go way out of the way
to express what they're pointing to.

I had always thought the word "Oak" would have a connection, looking in other
etymological links - oak - drus/drys, chene, Quercus, eik, oc...
The answer doesn't lie there really, not in any obvious way.
This sort of revelation doesn't occur until we get to the ram's fleece, and even then
it requires another connection/step.

One is tempted to think of Oak galls, but that is not the way, only that they
produce an ink/dye, but not the dye we're looking for.

I haven't much time, but there's a lot more I'd like to say on this subject

Hephælios
12-30-2009, 03:07 AM
It may confound the matter more... but it could help some as well. Oak βελανιδιά (belanidia) and its fruit the acorn (βελανίδι belanidi) are ruled by Jupiter... or more aptly Zeus, whose symbol is among other things the oak. The root of the Greek word "oak" is βέλα (bela) and is glossed as ηλιος και αυγη (helios kai auge' - roughly the "rays of sunlight"). βαλανειον (balaneion- bath) from which we derive words such as Balneo Mariae, play an integral role in the operation.

But in order to bathe properly - we must understand with what material it should be done. Often accompanying the oak is either a vine entwined upon its severed branches, a rams skin, or a sword or sharpened instrument. βελονη (beloneh- needle) which is a sharp instrument and pairs well with this line of thought in the cabala. Kriari is one word for ram- but another word for ram is έμβολο (embolo - ram) which has phonetic association with εμβολος (embolos- anything pointed so as to be easily thrust in...). The vine is obvious as acetum or vinegar...and well the sword is sharp... I'll let you draw your own conclusions.

The Iconologia of Cesare Ripa

Soccorso (Succor, help)
An armed man; who has a naked sword in his right hand; and in his left, an oaken branch with the fruit.
Succor has two principal parts: the one helps and assists the other with necessaries to maintain life and assuage hunger; the other resists his enemy by force, to the saving of him whom he helps. Therefore he is painted armed, because he shall help the week and needy against all the force of his enemies. We have loaded him with a branch of acorns, to assist with it in the time of famines; for by the help of this fruit, men in ancient times have maintained themselves. For this fruit is dedicated unto Jupiter, because he assists and succors the whole world: Jupiter being the pure and refined air, by which we breathe and live.

horticult
12-30-2009, 04:55 PM
Yeaahhh, I almost hate this ubiquitous oak.
I think that somewhere in Dwellings can be deduced /or read/ that it is /also?/ furnace.

Andro
12-30-2009, 05:45 PM
I've extracted a beautiful red non-volatile oil from oak acorns (you'll notice they're quite resinous to the touch) and it only took a few days...

Before the extraction I had to first brake them open and separate out the worm infested ones... Can't wait to finish extracting the salt and uniting the two...

Can someone please advise me how to upload pictures here?

solomon levi
12-30-2009, 08:01 PM
Hephaelios,
Thanks. I wasn't aware of those etymological associations.
You've given me something to contemplate.

Again, my time is limited (I'm at a library - my PC isn't working) so I'll try
to hit some salient points.

To me, if i understand the matter correctly, the oak itself has no association
to the name of the initial subject, not etymologically or even symbolically.
But something that is associated with oaks is etymologically associated
with a preparation of the initial subject. So that this thing that grows on the oak
in scales, is precisely similar to the fleece which grows on the ram/lamb.
Fulcanelli tells us of a feast where the lamb is roasted. Well, roasting of the initial
subject produces the oxide (ox-hide = fleece).

F also tells us that the ram and the fleece, or the oak and the fleece, or the coq
and the fox, are the same matter only in different stages - the coq being volatile
and the roasted oxide (fox) being fixed. Slow, gentle roasting is not the only way
to prepare the oxide. If the initial subject is dissolved in an alkaline solution of
potash, it can be precipitated by vinegar into the etymologically related item that
grows on the oak in scales.

I'm giving away a lot (if i am correct), but this item that was shrouded in such
secrecy in the past is written about quite openly today, as Fulcanelli often refers
to the works of Basil Valentine, Philalethes and Flamel.

Cock/coq is also etymologically related to the shell (coquille in french) of St. James
de Compostella. Although the "star-ed com-post" is an even further preparation
of the oxide.

Hephælios
12-30-2009, 08:52 PM
To me, if i understand the matter correctly, the oak itself has no association to the name of the initial subject, not etymologically or even symbolically.
Correct...at least as I understand it.

Ghislain
12-31-2009, 05:26 AM
Does that mean the subject is not oak :confused:

Ghislain

Salazius
12-31-2009, 09:10 AM
Something very special can be produced out of oak, for the purpose of the Magnum Opus.

Andro
12-31-2009, 09:31 AM
Something very special can be produced out of oak, for the purpose of the Magnum Opus.

Do you mean KOH?

horticult
12-31-2009, 12:11 PM
Oax are everywhere in myths.
Cadmos - should be alchemic.
Somewhere I was hinted, that this oak is not "normal oak" /big tree/, but a species like a shrub.

Fleece was used to catch gold from creeks.

Andro
12-31-2009, 12:35 PM
Here are the oak acorns before the extraction, followed by their resinous extract and the potash, ready to be united.

This (http://www.triad-publishing.com/stone18b.html) is what inspired me to perform this process, although I've changed a few details and enhanced the project by adding the Salt.

Salazius
12-31-2009, 03:08 PM
No it's not at all KOH. I will not say what is it, but it can be used for the Opus, I've not made it yet, but I will soon do it.

Very nice work and photos Androgynus :)

Here maybe a Golden Fleece ?
http://www.peterhochmeier.at/fotos/albums/alchpics/Goldsalz.jpg

solomon levi
01-01-2010, 12:15 AM
Does that mean the subject is not oak :confused:

Ghislain

Oh no. It's very clear that the oak is a representation of a mineral subject.

solomon levi
01-01-2010, 12:19 AM
Here are the oak acorns before the extraction, followed by their resinous extract and the potash, ready to be united.

This (http://www.triad-publishing.com/stone18b.html) is what inspired me to perform this process, although I've changed a few details and enhanced the project by adding the Salt.

I have a really good feeling about what you're working on.

Can i move this to the practical spagyrics section? I hope you'll
keep us updated.

solomon levi
01-01-2010, 12:39 AM
Somewhere I was hinted, that this oak is not "normal oak" /big tree/, but a species like a shrub.

There is a particular oak shrub that has the name Quercus coccifera.
The non-scientific name of this shrub contains the name of the prepared initial
subject, which also grows as a parasite on many "normal" oak tree species - the
non-shrub type. In old days, people mistook these insects for fruits!

http://www.pelion-paths.gr/FDB/IMG_0582.jpg

Andro
01-01-2010, 08:52 AM
I have a really good feeling about what you're working on.

So have I :)

Can I move this to the practical spagyrics section?

Absolutely, yes. I only posted it here because the oak came up, but it's better suited for practical spagyrics.

horticult
01-01-2010, 01:42 PM
http://dictionary.die.net/quercus%20coccifera note "evergreen"

solomon levi
01-01-2010, 02:32 PM
Geez Horticult!
I can't believe you just post alchemical secrets like that for everyone to see!

:D

I hope it's obvious that I'm joking.
So yes, that's what I think these puzzles are pointing to.
It's no big secret at all nowadays.

If someone out there knows that I'm incorrect, feel free to say so.
There are many more confirmations:
regulus = little king
joining with the sulphur found hidden in mars
the fact that the regulus can be made to reveal a star
and a purple net as modern day scientist who have duplicated Newton's
work have shown - there are photos on the web.

I don't feel I'm exposing anything by giving this little bit.
There are plenty more obstacles and stumbling blocks one will encounter
along the way; especially if you try to follow Fulcanelli. He is discussing
more than one path in his books and everything is jumbled. Sometimes
the 0 tarot trump is represented as a juggler. Is he a fool? Or is he out to
fool you?

And i may stil be incorrect. There may happen to be other, better subjects
that also fit all these requirements???
I read one guy on the net that teaches that cinnabar is the Oak.

The clue that it begins with the letter "G" is so vague when you are listening
to a master of the green language. G can be C, K, S... "G" in what language? French, greek, ...
Maybe Galena also makes a star with iron?? I haven't tried it.
Maybe Antimony only fits the bill so far?? Maybe it is only a fire stone
and not the true stone??
But why would they say when the Alchemist sees the star he rejoices and
knows he's on the right path?

The "slaughter of the innocents" isn't too difficult to figure out if you read Flamel
and then someone more modern like the books written about Newton and George Starkey.
The PON info is helpful as well.

horticult
01-01-2010, 03:04 PM
Yes, this is not secrect 4 some time.
Grauspießglanz, der

But I am still considering that that antimonit is not Sb2S3, and thats the reason I am interested in that bloody oak...

True Initiate
01-01-2010, 06:26 PM
I will throw my 2 cent's here.
In the book of Abraham the jew his intepretation of the old oak is Saturn from which you can extract our two lunar water's.Saturn is the oldest in mineral kingdom (and of the seven planet's) just like the oak tree's are the oldest ones in the vegetable kingdom.

"Dear brethren, to give you yet a consolation till then, and to cheer you, have I again drawn a figure in order to impress on you right deeply the secrets. You see an Old hollow Oak-tree standing in a garden around which is twisted a rose bush with red roses, which has gilt leaves. Underneath from the stem of the tree runs a Lunar white Water.

There are some who not far from this have hoed and digged, but found nothing; except those who by the way, who contemplated the weight. Dear brethren the old tree is our black and heavy rocky lumps of our Albaon (Saturn).

You must strike this rock, till it gives Water, as you have already previously with all circumstances been instructed and taught. For the Lunar white Water, which flows underneath from the tree, is our Phyton Columba Dianae, which is heavy. That however the tree bears red rose with gilt leaves, such signified the Blood of the Old One, which must be drawn out of such visibly, as the Blood of the Lion, or our secret.

That it however flows underneath out of the tree signifies a Lunar white Water, which should be prepared from the root of such a thing, so that in all parts of its nature it shall be Kin to the Sol and Luna, and that it may be also easily made firm and stable.

If you should lose all writings, then you should only depict those Figures, or draw such for you children, so will they, as others who are of a good understanding. Easily understand such, for one dares only to speak with few words, what concerns the Mysteria, come to the help of it.

Dear brethren, in order that I however suppress nothing which could serve for your advantage, so mark what wonders the Ancients have accomplished, when they have taken the Phytonis or our Gluten Aquilae, that you might yet better understand, our Columbam Dianae, and with such have also gone to work.

They have taken this as it ascended from the Old One; and have caused it to fly over the mountain, i.e., over the Alembic, for 7 times, so has it become brilliant, but in thus doing it the Basilis Kischer way (Figure 23). "

Plate V --- So you get from our old Oak tree (Old One) the White and Red, make therefrom a water and observe the Weights.

http://img24.imagevenue.com/loc131/th_70351_pl5-new_122_131lo.jpg (http://img24.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=70351_pl5-new_122_131lo.jpg)

I know for sure that this is true and i have seen these water's with my bare eyes!

horticult
01-02-2010, 12:49 AM
There are some who not far from this have hoed and digged, but found nothing; except those who by the way, who contemplated the weight.
[SIZ

This IMHO notable sentence I read in several languages, each meaning was different, so we need the original.

Also once upon a time, as the offspring of saturn was considered antimonite and Truth and some others.

These remarx occurred 2 me b4 I read True Puffer´s final sentence...

So you are ready 2 confirm these waters

&

that this is The Way?

Hephælios
01-03-2010, 09:40 AM
http://img24.imagevenue.com/loc131/th_70351_pl5-new_122_131lo.jpg (http://img24.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=70351_pl5-new_122_131lo.jpg)

Concerning this image, I would note the 14 trees that flank the side of the hollow oak. What this gives away is the timing of when certain elements appear. Fourteen days is often called a fortnight, and should give some clue as to when this element is found... no it won't be found fourteen days into the process, rather fourteen days after a certain sign appears.

One more for the road...
Latin:
ilex, ilicis, n
declension: 3, gender: F
1. holm-oak, great scarlet oak, tree or wood
2. its acorn

Rebus7
01-10-2010, 05:53 AM
I guess I have been looking at references to the oak, the acorn, the golden fleece, etc., as more direct and even graphically literal symbols.
Fulcanelli writes much of cabala as a form of slang language or cant, so that, for example, the oak is in the wood. The unicorn is found in the deep wood. Man has a wood. A ‘woodie’ is slang in many languages. 2 streams flow from the base of the oak. Look at an acorn. What does it look like the head of.
Everywhere there are sharp things. Swords, lances, horns, nails. So we know that the spirit must be sharpened by the secret fire.
The golden fleece is nailed to the oak tree. I swear when you evaporate GW off in a large open container, that is exactly what you see foaming up big time. Only my interpretation.

LeoRetilus
01-10-2010, 06:18 AM
IMHO all this OAK imagery is pointing to many individual things but they are all actually one matter in that they all contain what it is we are actually after ,and that is the sap of the oak tree. We see references to scale insects(red roses) that grow on the branches and leaves, we see references to lichens(rams fleece) that grows on its bark, we see references to truffles(rocks) which grow in it roots, all these parascites have something in common, they are all feed on the liquid or lunar milk of the oak, "its blood", and so if we "strike " or "roast" them till they give up their water, we have the Lunar PM or blood of the Green Lion. This would explain why we can also ash(burn) the oak and recover this sap in the form of a salt (potassium carbonate).

LeoRetilus
01-10-2010, 09:04 PM

I find it highy "synchronistic", that I made my post and then later clicked on your link above to find to my surprise that someone before me had come to the same conclusion. From your link: Jean Dubuis- "One day when I was looking at the front page of the book of the Alchemist Urbigerus, the image presenting the "spring of life" issuing from the trunk of an oak provided a revelation -- It is not the mistletoe that heals, but the vital energies of the oak, accumulated by the mistletoe as a parasite of this tree. Thus:

Making the Elixir

If the vital energies that heal come from the oak, these are abundant in the fruits, in the seeds of the tree."

Thus the adepts, while some of them are pointing to the vital energies of the oak directly,(The Splendor Solis has a plate with a crown around the Oak Tree) others use it as a symbolic representation of an actual path to the Stone.

AethreWicc
01-10-2010, 10:58 PM
I see generalization in terms as a way of pointing to something oblique but yet obvious. The shell/fleece/coat of Oak may not be any product of the oak at all, if we contemplate. The fleece is the soft removable substance of the outside, leaving the tree unharmed in the taking. Perhaps then we might ought to comtemplate the mosses particular to Oak, as we are already keenly aware of so many extracts of moss being particularly useful in cleansing, or purifying. Perhaps a clue revolves in the color or the shape associated with the discussion of the fleece?

solomon levi
01-11-2010, 06:42 PM
There was actually one etymological lead from the oak that I considered:

Quercus (oak) is similar to quartz, especially in that there are so few
items beginning with a "Q". Quartz, flint or sand (all silicon dioxide) all
can combine (in fusion) with an alkali, generally potassium carbonate, to
produce oil of sand/oil of flint/oil of glass = vitri-oil. Glass starts with a "G".

LeoRetilus
01-13-2010, 12:10 AM
Maybe with that idea in mind then we can :

First analyze what the active ingredient in the oak sap might be,... isolating the resin in particular, has been found to contain tannin, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tannin, in which the word itself, "from tanna, an Old High German word for oak or for tree".Tannin contains polyphenols, and we know of other vegatable matters of alchemical significance to contain these same polyphenols, concord grapes for instance, ... this then leads us back to ormes and glasses of ormes, Hudson found concord grapes to be high in monoatomic rhodium. Also tannin is responsible and used for the presevation of organic material, "tanning a hide", and maybe just maybe be responsible for the preservation of a saint's or an alchemists body after their death ,...because they had consummed a high quantity of tannic acids or polyphenols while alive?

Second mediatate for a while as to why wood can become petrified or vitrified. Resin being isolated and coagulated from the oils. vitri-oil- glass-oil

Can this then give us a foundation of perception to concieve as to how metals and minerals are formed within the earth, from organic deposits? Aren't diamonds just coal, and isn't coal just plant and animal remains? Aren't metals just crystals?

horticult
01-13-2010, 10:37 AM
Yes, and phenol is very interesting 2 investigate also.

Ghislain
01-13-2010, 02:55 PM
Diamonds are just coal. Check this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tcP9SLKEG4) out.

Ghislain

LeoRetilus
01-13-2010, 07:05 PM
Yes and from here the magic of the oak tree spreads it roots through the science of alchemy in many directions, the resins go on to form rosins and colophony, and used in mineral oil spirits such as acetone, I believe a remember a particular path that involved isolating these resins from these mineral spirits alone.

But more interesting is a path that unites the polyphenols of the oak with those of the grape....where they meet and cohabitate in the wine barrel,...to produce tartar. Red oak containing more than white oak and red grapes containing more than white or lighter colored grapes. So in particular a nice cabernet sovereign aged in a red oak barrel?

solomon levi
01-13-2010, 07:36 PM
I keep remembering more pieces of the mystery that I came across:

Oak in french is chene; very similar to chien ("dog" in french), and I'm sure you're
aware of all the dog references - gray wolf, Corasean bitch, the fox, etc...
Hermes/Mercury also has a dog-headed personification.

There is some mystery here.

LeoRetilus
01-14-2010, 08:36 AM
One other thing that comes to mind when you speak
of oil of sand....The Essene's sodium burn on black sand
method to produce M3, ormes. A very potent elixir for
healing, and psychic attunement. It was called the semen of
the father and I can attest, it does look like semen.

solomon levi
01-14-2010, 06:55 PM
I hadn't thought of that connection.
Good one, Leo.

teofrast40
01-15-2010, 05:44 PM
hi,
interesting thread.
the oak is a symbolic cluster that always appealed me. it seems widely diffused in alchemical literature.
a hollow oak on a rock, underneath which springs a clear water.
why do you think it is said hollow?

LeoRetilus
01-15-2010, 09:01 PM
hi,
a hollow oak on a rock, underneath which springs a clear water.
why do you think it is said hollow?

There again is a symbolic reference giving a clue to certain sign that will appear during a process/path. The "clear water " is The Philosphical Mercury(literal,given the symbolic reference) or "the sap of the oak tree"(symbolic,given the literal reference), and the "hollow oak" is a hollow mineral growth that will grow like a tree in your flask, "rock" gives reference to a mineral, both symbolic and literal once again.

But like we previously mentioned not all oak imagery is symbolic some is quite literal , depends on the author and what he was trying to conceal(his particular path).

Likewise a hollow oak(literal) on which grows lichens /mosses(literal) can be quite useful.

solomon levi
01-19-2010, 08:01 PM
A hollow oak could also refer to a wine barrel.

LeoRetilus
01-20-2010, 02:03 AM
Good one Sol, back to tartar (Tartarus)

Seth-Ra
01-20-2010, 02:05 AM
A hollow oak could also refer to a wine barrel.

"Candy is dandy, but liquor is quicker." :cool:

LeoRetilus
01-20-2010, 04:19 AM
Seth, the" liquor ", only contains the P.M. and maybe some P.S., hence, alcohol spirits.....the "candy ",contains the body or philosophical salt. This is why the stone once made and multiplied with gold will re-dissolve into the spirit(PM) of good wine.

Or did you mean for picking up the ladies:D

Seth-Ra
01-20-2010, 04:31 AM
Seth, the" liquor ", only contains the P.M. and maybe some P.S., hence, alcohol spirits.....the "candy ",contains the body or philosophical salt. This is why the stone once made and multiplied with gold will re-dissolve into the spirit(PM) of good wine.

Or did you mean for picking up the ladies:D

lol, it was a saying ive heard from my dad for a LONG time, and i thought of it. :D

Its all art, put it where it fits. ;)

solomon levi
01-20-2010, 07:14 PM
Here are some etymological considerations for the dog mystery:

dog - canis, kyon, kin...
Cain = "smith", the first alchemist;
Cain/kin is the root for "king" - back to "regulus"
cinnabar - kin-abr or french: cinabre... from the dog? father of the dog?
the dog-headed mercury/hermes??

LeoRetilus
01-21-2010, 10:19 PM
Sol, can you perhaps throw this dog a bone and tell me in what reference or maybe post a quote or a phrase that mentions the dog imagery specifically so that I may pluck its significance out of the context in which it is used? I know grey wolf usually denotes antimony or an ore there of, and I think I may have heard mention of a fox in allusion to an ore of lead.

And as I have mentioned else where there are three main ores that make up the most significant ores of which to draw the seed of gold, needed for fementation:
They are stibinite(antimony), galena(lead sulphate) and cinnabar(mercury sulfide), so you see these are all arsenic or sulfide ores and account for the major percentage of gold taken anually, native gold(metallic) being only in a minor supply due to its rarity, and usually only ever found around quartz, around volcanic activity(past or present) ring a bell? I don't count placer deposits because they are usually carried downstream and deposited near bedrock at lower elevations where erosion has taken them up and "placed" them in the waterflow from where they originated as motherlode deposits.

solomon levi
01-21-2010, 11:53 PM
Okay.
Here is Basil's 12 keys:
http://www.crystalinks.com/basilvalentine.html

The first key is the wolf/antimony purging gold.
The third key shows the fox swallowing the coq.
Fulcanelli says the coq and the fox are the same item in different
stages, the coq volatile and the fox fixed.

The Corascene bitch and Armenian dog were the terms given to these
fixed and volatile by Avicenna.
http://books.google.com/books?id=Czf03wkhapkC&pg=RA1-PA333&lpg=RA1-PA333&dq=Corascene+bitch&source=bl&ots=yuSU0CYgio&sig=9JwLnpsmFcf0le3NsNbVa-2XKeg&hl=en&ei=attYS_OiM4joM7yX2NgE&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=1&ved=0CAkQ6AEwAA#v=onepage&q=Corascene%20bitch&f=false

Also mentioned here, Kalid's "Secreta Alchymiae":
see chapter 28.
http://www.rexresearch.com/alchemy3/kalidsec.htm

One more:
http://books.google.com/books?id=52Fp4lfoMiMC&pg=PA271&lpg=PA271&dq=Corascene+bitch&source=bl&ots=xkiBpx6Rg_&sig=klZCIH7cYTXwMO74VEC_jy6Yb1k&hl=en&ei=attYS_OiM4joM7yX2NgE&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=10&ved=0CB4Q6AEwCQ#v=onepage&q=Corascene%20bitch&f=false

On page 38 (of my copy anyway - the Brotherhood of Life one) of
"Mystere" by Fulcanelli is mentioned the Procession of the Fox.

On page 95 (Paris, the end of chapter 4, plate XVI)
(by the way, just a couple pages prior is mention of the hollow oak
and the wine barrel in which we ferment our water...)

I hope that helps.

LeoRetilus
01-22-2010, 02:06 AM
Ok, maybe this will get to the heart of the matter.... If you look at Plate 14/Splendor Solis (http://www.hermetics.org/solis/solis14.html), at the top (background) you will see what looks to me like, "the procession of the fox", a pair of foxes(plural) pulling a "processional " vehicle(parade float). And inside the flask you will see a white, three headed bird(eagle), this is the purified philosophical mercury. http://www.hermetics.org/solis/images/solis14.JPG

So IMHO this is telling us how to maybe obtain but definitely how to purify/glorify(crown on birds head) the P.M.

And on the very next plate, Plate 15/Splendor Solis (http://www.hermetics.org/solis/solis15.html) ,we see what looks a three headed dragon with dogs heads, since this comes right after the purification/glorification of the P.M. ,this plate is showing none other than the phase where we join our three matters, Philosophical Mercury(white head), Philosophical Sulfur(red head), and Philosophical Salt(black head), under the seal of hermes for the first time. And if you look up at the upper background again,... you will see that they are telling us to put this in the sunlight now so that we may have our glorified king who appears
http://www.hermetics.org/solis/images/solis15.JPG
after the peacocks tail,(notice sol gives his love to Venus)(cupids arrow)
http://www.hermetics.org/solis/images/solis16.JPG
as the white stone first, notice the cocks now pulling the chariot with Hermes aboard this indicates another "key"Plate 17/Splendor Solis (http://www.hermetics.org/solis/solis17.html),
http://www.hermetics.org/solis/images/solis17.JPG
and lastly after the white , we have the red stone. I'll leave it to you, the artist to figure out how to turn the white stone to a red one. I'll give you a hint if the moon(luna) represents mercury(feminine) and the sun(sol) represents the masculine, then to have a white stone means that luna wins out over the sol, this would explain why we can only transmute lesser metals to silver with it thus silver also represents luna. To have a red stone means that its redness has won out and an overabundance of masculine energy or sulfur is present and thus it is capable of transmuting lesser metals to gold who is represented by sol. So take special notice as to the appearance of our two stones, who stand glorified in their flasks, does one not appear more feminine than the other? And also pay attention to what our two stones are standing on and which way said item is facing, as if vanquished.
http://www.hermetics.org/solis/images/solis18.JPG

Addendum(Edit):Ok, now I read the links you provided in relation to the dogs.... and they(Kalid ben Jazichi, and Basil Valentine ) are in fact stating that the only way to coagulate the PM is with the PS so that it may be protected from the fire. So we create a indestructible, uncoruptable soul of mercury by imbibing with sulfur, and thus our mercury is volatile no more and is glorified in this way. And this makes sense because otherwise our PM will go up as smoke,, in much the same way as we separated it from our starting matter to begin with . So this agrees with what I posted above :)

Thanks

LeoRetilus
01-22-2010, 08:58 AM
Another Q- Quercetin (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quercetin)-also a polyphenol with antioxidant/cancer fighting properties.

teofrast40
01-22-2010, 01:56 PM
hallo,
to me the hollow oak, as the two dogs (or dragons, with and without wings) are symbols that pertain to (philosophical) mercury.
Of the two dragons Flamel (Explication des figures) says that they are the true principles of Philosophy, the same that appear on Hermes' caduceus and that are pointed by many alchemical couples (male/female, sun/moon, sulphur/merkur, fixed/volatil, hot/cold, dry/wet, etc.), these two where killed by baby Heracle in his cradle, and by Giason with the Medea's juice.
these two dogs, in the sepulcral vessel, are said to fight restlessly, causing each other mortal wounds that bleed poison, until exhausted they die and putrefy in their poison, being changed in a living and permanent water.

regarding oak, i would like to bring to your consideration the following lines from Trevisan "De la philosophie naturelle des metaux":

"Une nuit advint que je devais étudier, pour le lendemain disputer : Je trouvai une petite Fontenelle, belle et claire, toute environnée d'une belle pierre. Et cette pierre-là était au dessus d'un vieux creux de Chêne, et tout à l'environ était bordée de murailles, de peur que les Vaches ni autres Bêtes brutes, ni Volatiles, ne s'y baignassent. A donc j'avais grand appétit de dormir, et m'assis au-dessus de ladite Fontaine, et je vis qu'elle se couvrait par-dessus et était fermée.
Et il passa par là un Prêtre ancien et de vieil âge : Et je lui demandai pourquoi est ainsi cette Fontaine fermée dessus et dessous, et de tous côtés. Et il me fut gracieux et bon, et me commença tout ainsi à dire : Seigneur, il est vrai que cette Fontaine est de terrible vertu, plus que nulle autre qui soit au monde; et est seulement pour le Roi du Pays qu'elle connaît bien, et lui elle. Car jamais ce Roi ne passe par ici qu'elle ne le tire à soi. Et est avec elle dedans icelle Fontaine à se baigner deux cent quatre-vingt-deux jours. Et elle rajeunit tellement ledit Roi qu'il n'y a Homme qui le puisse vaincre. Et il y passe ainsi. Et ainsi ce Roi a fait clore ladite Fontaine, tout premier d'une Pierre blanche et ronde, comme vous voyez. Et la Fontaine y est si claire que fin Argent, et de céleste couleur. Après, afin qu'elle fut plus forte, et que les Chevaux n'y marchassent, ni autres Bêtes brutes, il y éleva un creux de Chêne, tranché par le milieu, qui garde le Soleil, et l'Ombre de lui. Après, comme vous voyez, tout à l'entour elle est d'épaisse muraille bien close; Car premier elle est enclose en une pierre fine et claire, et puis en creux de Chêne. Et cela est parce qu'icelle Fontaine est de si terrible nature, qu'elle pénétrerait tout, si elle était enflambée et courroucée. Et si elle s'enfuyait, nous serions perdus."

I dare a translation:

"One night it happened that I was studying for the next contest: I found a small Fountain, beautiful and clear, all surrounded by a beautiful stone. And this stone was over an old hollow oak, and all around was circled by walls, lest the cows or other beasts, nor Volatiles not bathe. So I had a great appetite for sleep, and sat on top of that fountain, and saw it was covered over and was closed.
And there came by an ancient and old aged priest : And I asked him why is this Fountain closed above and below, and on all sides. And he was gracious and kind, and began to say: Lord, it is true that this fountain is of terrible virtue, more than anything else in the world, and is only for the King of the Country, that she knows well, and he knows her. For this King never did pass through here without being drawn by her. And he is with her inside thereof fountain to bathe two hundred eighty-two days. And so much she rejuvenates said King that no man can win him. And there goes well. And so this king ordered to close this Fountain, first with a white and round Stone, as you see. And the fountain is so clear as fine silver, and heavenly color. After that, to make her stronger, and so that no Horses or other wild beasts could walk upon her, he built a hollow (roof?) oak, cut in the middle, which keeps the Sun and his Shadow. Then, as you see, all around it is very thick wall closed, firstly because it is enclosed in a fine clear stone, and then by hollow Oak. And this is because that the fountain is of so terrible nature, that it would penetrate all, if it was enflamed and angry. And if she ran away, we would be lost."

LeoRetilus
01-22-2010, 09:22 PM
The Hollow Oak(Mineral allusion)

From: http://www.springerlink.com/content/h012v738461g271v/

"Large gas-liquid inclusions are found in the galena crystals from some hydrothermal lead-zinc deposits. Inclusions' vacuoles are negative crystals. Their habit, macro- and micromorphology and arrangement are studied. Inclusions have a primary character. It is assumed that gas bubbles formed in heterogeneous boiling solutions have played an important role in their formation. The galena surface over the outermost inclusions is plastically deformed, and specific depressions, or infrequently bulges, are formed. The causes and conditions of the deformation are discussed. Similar positive plastic deformation is reproduced experimentally. The liquid released by opening the inclusions evaporates rapidly depositing NaCl and KCl in an epitaxic orientation on the fresh galena cleavage surface."

http://www.irocks.com/db_pics/new09/rom10f.jpg

See how it appears plastic? "Strike", or "roast", it till it gives up its water, the "clear spring" is bound up by the walls of the crystalline lattice, the "vacuoles". The octahedral shape is sacred!

Another: (The green growth is not a moss growth, not literally, it is a mineral growth that looks like moss, it is nature's green lion, formed as the sun liberates the PM from the vaculoes, which then volatilizes into the air, leaving the NaCl and KCl behind, some growths will be white)
http://www.fabreminerals.com/specimens/s_imagesP6/Galena-ET14P6m.jpg

.....And He created His universe
with three books (Sepharim)
----with text (Sepher)
----- with number (Sephar)
-----and with communication (Sippur) (http://forum.alchemyforums.com/showthread.php?p=6501#post6501)
With Love

horticult
02-07-2010, 01:11 PM
Jack London in his novel Burning Daylight wrote that oaks grow in fat earth.
Sounds stupid simple.

Ajnavajra
03-10-2010, 05:15 PM
"Here truth lies veiled under two distinct images, those of the oak and the ram, which, as I have just been saying, represent one and the same thing under two different aspects. Indeed, the oak has been taken by the ancient authors to indicate the common name of their initial subject as it is found in the mine. It is by means of an approximation corresponding to the oak that the Philosophers inform us about this matter" ---Fulcanelli

http://cista.net/Oak

We await upon the Lord to teach us further.

;)

horticult
03-10-2010, 05:56 PM
THX 4 a nex LVX on the old trail!

solomon levi
03-10-2010, 06:44 PM
"Here truth lies veiled under two distinct images, those of the oak and the ram, which, as I have just been saying, represent one and the same thing under two different aspects. Indeed, the oak has been taken by the ancient authors to indicate the common name of their initial subject as it is found in the mine. It is by means of an approximation corresponding to the oak that the Philosophers inform us about this matter" ---Fulcanelli

;)

I really enjoyed the information, but I don't think acorn and "glans" fit the
definition of approximation. Being visually similar is not an approximation.
But I don't doubt that something can come from that path. Esp female menstral blood - starfire.

Andro
03-10-2010, 07:20 PM
I personally completely resonate with this interpretation, and I work accordingly.

One hollow 'oak' from which two waters emerge... Perfect ! ! !

What qualifies a thing to be deemed vile?
What makes it be rejected/ejected & re-ejected?
Vile/rejected from a sensory perspective?
From a 'moral' perspective?
Both?
And who are really the 'Builders' refered to, the ones who rejected/ejected the First Matter of all things? Hmmm...

Thow Shalt Not Spill Thy Seed In Vain!

Talk about 'The answer is right under your nose'... :)

Seth-Ra
03-10-2010, 07:32 PM
im actually in the process of extracting a second water from an oak. :)

When all is reduced to its 3, there is then only 1 kingdom. All corresponds to all else, but the end, All is One. :cool:

~Seth-Ra

LeoRetilus
03-10-2010, 11:47 PM
I have to agree with Solomon on this one, that's a far stretch to me and a complete perversion IMO.

To me its obvious that on one hand the oak is used to extract it potassium carbonate or nitrate at which point one of them is used to make the mercury of the sages.

After much research and two to three days of reading and re-reading hundreds of pages describing this mercury and the water that does not wet the hands I am ready to proclaim what it is. Its actual very simple, its vinegar or more aptly acetic acid ,but not the vulgar if not a living water.

Seth-Ra
03-11-2010, 12:00 AM
After much research and two to three days of reading and re-reading hundreds of pages describing this mercury and the water that does not wet the hands I am ready to proclaim what it is. Its actual very simple, its vinegar or more aptly acetic acid ,but not the vulgar if not a living water.

Id have to agree with that. There is a vinegar that one does make, alchemically, that science seems to know not of, and can be made from many things so long as it possesses the said "living water" - well put. :)

~Seth-Ra

Andro
03-11-2010, 12:30 AM
that's a far stretch to me and a complete perversion IMO.

Leo, I'm genuinely curious...
What makes this a perversion in your opinion?

LeoRetilus
03-11-2010, 01:25 AM
I do not mean to discredit yours or anybody else's work with that matter, Androgynus, by perversion I don't mean sexually, I mean the arrival of that "approximation" is a perversion of the thoughts and ideas laid down by the ancients or masters where they discussed oak imagery and the water that does not wet the hands. IMO they were not speaking of anything crude. In context to the mercury of the sages it was clearly of a feminine nature, a pure white virgin earth obtained from ashes. This earth when circulated with distilled water alchemically creates the perfect union of fire and earth in the form of a water. It will be a white, milky lunar substance, like the very blood that flows within the mighty oak and shared by its many parasites. When they refer to the spermatick seeds they are refering to the masculine and feminine once again namely mercury and sulfur not the vulgar but the philosophical.

Andro
03-11-2010, 01:36 AM
Leo, it never even crossed my mind that you were trying to discredit anyone's work with this matter, I was simply curious to hear your angle, as I always am :)

You have accurately explained your point of view.

Thank you :)

LeoRetilus
03-11-2010, 01:36 AM
It seems all the masters, ancients and adepts agree, the quickest way to the ancient stone of the wise is this water that does not wet the hands the production of an alchemical oaken acetum and its use on the clear Saturian herb, lead. They speak of the first matter of metals and that it must first be taken here, its ox-hide produced and then a white lead and a red lead from which is produced the green lion, the spermatick green gold.

Should it surprise anyone then that vinegar added to vulgar mercury (quicksilver) will produce gold, like we have previously stated in the cleansing mercury thread and other places.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/7537110/ICCF9metallic-Transmutations-by-Acetic-Acid

LeoRetilus
03-11-2010, 06:34 AM

;)

"Indeed, the oak has been taken by the ancient authors to indicate the common name of their initial subject as it is found in the mine."

Indeed I pretty sure Fulcanelli meant lead, or the progenitor of lead its Hyle & Coahyl -gur.

Here a short track... I could list hundreds.

"Now I said that all things are produced of a liquid air or a vapour which the elements distil into the centre of the earth by a continual motion, and that as soon as the Archeus has received it, his wisdom sublimes it through the pores, and distributes it to each place, producing different things according to the diverse places in which it is deposited. Some think that each metal has its own seed. But this is a great mistake for there is only one Seed. The sperm which appears in Saturn is the same as that which is found in gold, silver, copper, &c.; their difference is caused by the place, and by the time during which Nature was at work upon them, the procreation of silver being achieved sooner than that of gold, and so with the other metals. The vapour which is sublimed by heat from the centre of the earth, passes either through cold or warm places. If the place be warm and pure, and contain adhering to it a certain fatness of sulphur, the vapour (or Mercury of the Sages) joins itself to its fatness, and sublimes it together with itself. If in the course of its further sublimation this unctuous vapour reaches other places where the earth has already been subtilized, purified, and rendered moist by previous ascending vapours, it fills the pores of this earth, and with it becomes gold. But if this unctuous moisture be carried to impure and cold places, it becomes lead; if the earth be pure and mingled with sulphur, it becomes copper." -Sendivogius

Jacob Juran ~ Hyle & Coahyl

"Gur --- Its sign, however, is this: in the caves of the mountains where the workers labor and dig our gold or silver, a white oil drips out and when it has disappeared in the ground in which there is this Cohyle or the seed and the beginning of the gold, there will be something glowing from the earth like a tear or like a white blood, and like a tear of a plant or a grapevine when they are cut, and it is similar to drops of light water in its seeping out, and after a day or night it will coagulate and be similar to the saliva of the mouth or the milk or water foam. And after a certain time when you see it, you will find it slightly reddish and this redness will increase every day, and when it is redder than coagulated blood, but not yet hard as stone, but soft and like a salve and cream, then the gold in it is completed, but not yet stable in the heat of the fire, and it will not be stable until it coagulates and becomes similar to a hard rock, and this is the word of King Saba, which he talks about in his book Kaba Thabiban, the oil, the butter of the wise. It is a bird in the world and it is white like snow, and it is the bird of all birds since it doesn’t fly underneath the sky and above the earth like other birds, but it comes down from the height of the sky into the deepest abysses in the interior of the earth, and its flight goes through stone and ground, through rock and the abysses of the sea; this bird in reality is the Phoenix of the Wise and alchemists, and if it doesn’t join with the mother of the gold in the earth and this become white and slightly stable, then the alchemists will not be able to complete it in a long time except if it comes down every day and flies into the interior of the earth and hides and unites with the mother of the gold, and when you first see it you will compare it with the seed of men, and its face, if white, will turn red after some time, and it will be soft as butter or a salve; but when its softness changes the gold is born and stable in fire. This Cohyle has no name, just like the Cohyle of the first way has none. But the experienced of those working inside the mountains when they find this Cohyle, they answer and say we have preceded the birth of the son and the completion of the gold because, see, the son is received, and due to our hurry we have found no gold… my son, choose this Cohyle, the butter of the wise men; you can find when it is red like blood, choose it, because with it you will hurry to its end, and if it is white like saliva of the mouth, choose it because with it you will understand even more; therefore when possible choose the red one and the white one, but choose it soft like a fatty substance…"

John Webster ~ Metallographia: Or, An History of Metals

" III. Of the Generation of Metalls, and whether they Grow, and have Vegetability --- The author of Arcae Arca. [Theatr. Chym.] from Lully and Mathesius tells us this… ‘That the matter (viz. of Metals) before it be coagulated into a metallick form, is like unto Butter made of the Cream of milk, which may be clamed or spread as Butter, which he (he meaneth Mathesius) calleth Gur, which I also (saith the Author quoted) have found in the Mines, where Nature hath produced Lead’. To ratifie this, and to put it forth of doubt, I shall relate what I my self have found, and how have some pounds of it by me. Inquiring after this Gur of all persons that I could hear of that wrought in Mines, there could some of them tell me, that often in the sudden breaking of some Stone, there would be a liquor spurt forth bright and shining, which they regarded not, because they knew no use nor benefit to be made of it, nor knew how to save or keep it."

The Golden Chain of Homer

"....Gur --- The portion of the earth which the corrosive [vapor] has been unable to dissolve completely, is made subtle, dirty, and greasy in part......When the vapors rise into the cracks and crevices of the rocks, they turn into water because of their condensation (while more and more rise unceasingly). This water contains the intermingled spirit of salt and saltpeter, which spirit is known by all alchemists to be corrosive. Here, however, in the center, it is surrounded and diluted by much Phlegma and water. Such spirits adhere to rocks and earth by their sharpness, corrode and dissolve them, make them subtle, swollen, sticky, greasy and dirty, and turn them into a moist gur which lies between the rocks and the earth like meat interlarded with bacon. But often it penetrates outside due to the swelling and adheres to the walls, as may be seen in old galleries and mines.

So you see anyone who sees this matter as a vulgar liquid such as sperm is indeed blind. No offense to anyone, it all very simple the masculine seed is in the air, it is the hidden sun or fire of vaporous water, our sulfur. The feminine seed is a decomposed earth who yields an unctous acetum, a virgin earth, for in order to give birth or be reborn purtefaction or the rotting of the corpse must first occur....

From : The Hermetic Museum (http://books.google.com/books?id=DHNjq7HBndsC&pg=PA209&lpg=PA209&dq=the+vilest+substance+on+earth&source=bl&ots=vpX2COuJ1W&sig=-7RI5hKXDG6P_6ohML1dlX026Ts&hl=en&ei=NBGXS5uAHo6ssgOA67TCAQ&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=2&ved=0CAcQ6AEwATgK#v=onepage&q=the%20vilest%20substance%20on%20earth&f=false)

Explanation of the Saying of Abfl.

This saying partly explains itself, and is partly explained by what we said about God's words to Adam. Vet I will add a few remarks concerning it. Man hath within him the virtue and efficiency of all things, whence he is called a small world, and is compared to the large world, because the bones which are beneath his skin, and support his body, may be likened to the mountains and stones, his flesh to the earth, his veins to the rivers, and his small veins to the brooks which are discharged into them. The heart is the sea into which the great and small rivers flow ; his hair resembles the growing herbs—and so with all other parts of his body. Again, his inward parts, such as the heart, lungs, and liver, are comparable to the metals. The hairs have their head in the earth (i.e., the flesh) and their roots in the air, as the Sages say, that the root of their minerals is in the air, and their head in the earth. That which ascends by distillation is volatile, and is in the air ; that which remains at the bottom, and is fixed, is the head, which is in the earth. Therefore, the one must always exist in conjunction with the other if it is to be effectual. Hence man may be compared to an inverted tree : for he has his roots, or his hair, in the air, while other trees have their hairs, or their roots, in the earth.

And of our Stone, too, the Sages have justly said that it has its head in the earth, and its root in the air. This similitude has a two-fold interpretation. First, with regard to the place in which our Matter is found ; secondly, with regard to the dissolution and second conjunction of the Stone. For when our Stone rises upward in the alembic, it has its root in the air ; but if it would regain its virtue and strength, it must once more return to its earth, and then it has its head and perfect potency in the earth. Hence our Stone, too, is not inaptly denominated a small world ; it is called the mountain of mountains, from which our ore is derived, since it is evolved from the first substance in a way analogous to that in which the great world was created. Know' that if you bury anything in [the] earth, and it rots, as food is digested in the human body, and the gross is separated from the subtle, and that which is fetid from that which is pure, then that which is pure is the first Matter which has been set free by decay. If you understand this, you know the true Art. But keep it to yourself, and cast not pearls before swine ; for the vulgar regard our Art with ignorant contempt

But:
"It becomes clearly evident from the preceding considerations, that the philosopher's stone or universal Medicine, in spite of its undeniable metallic origin, is not uniquely made from metallic matter. If it were otherwise, and if one had to compose it only with metals, it would remain subjected to the conditions ruling mineral nature and it would have no need to be fermented to operate transmutation. Furthermore, the fundamental axiom which teaches that bodies have no action on bodies would be false and paradoxical. Take the time and trouble to experiment, and you will recognize that metals have no action on other metals. Be they brought to the state of salts or ashes, or glasses, or colloids, they will always retain their nature throughout trials and, in the process of reduction, they will separate without losing their specific qualities.

Only the metallic spirits posses the privilege to alter, modify and denature metallic bodies. They are the true instigators of all the physical metamorphoses that can be observed here. But since these tenuous, extremely subtle and volatile spirits need a vehicle, an envelope capable of holding them back; since this matter must be very pure -- to allow the spirit to remain there -- and very fixed so as to prevent its volatilization; since it must remain fusible in order to promote ingress; since it is essential that it be absolutely resistant to reducing agents, we may easily understand that this matter cannot be searched for in the sole category of metals. That is why Basil Valentine recommends that we take the spirit out of the metallic root and Bernard of Trevisan forbids the use of metals, minerals, and their salts in the construction of the body. The reason for it is simple and self-explanatory.
(By Valentine recommending that we take the spirit out of the metallic root he does not mean to take it from a metal or mineral but from the root of what produces the mineral or metal, chiefly the gur where the metals have their roots )
If the stone were made up of a metallic body and a spirit fixed on this body, the latter acting on the former as if it were of the same species, the whole would take the characteristic form of a metal. We could, in this case, obtain gold or silver or even an unknown metal but nothing more. This is what alchemists have always done, because they did not know the universality and the nature of the agent which they were looking for. But what we ask for, along with all the philosophers, is not the union of a metallic body with a metallic spirit, but rather the condensation, the agglomeration of this spirit into a coherent, tenacious and refractory envelope, capable of coating it, impregnating all its parts and guaranteeing it in an efficacious protection. This soul, spirit, or fire assembled, concentrated and coagulated in the purest, the most resistant and the most perfect of earthly matters, we call it our stone. And we can certify that any undertaking which does not have this spirit for guide and this matter for basis will never lead to the proposed objective."

-Fulcanelli

So my suggestion to all is first realize the alchemical significance of the four elements and make a water that contains them all and you will have our water the progenitor of metals. A water containing earth,water,air and fire in perfect harmony, the perfect medicine for animals and metals.
So make this water and then coagulate it by its own sulfur(heat) and a stone will be born of the water.

Andro
03-11-2010, 09:13 AM
The vapour which is sublimed by heat from the centre of the earth, passes either through cold or warm places. If the place be warm and pure, and contain adhering to it a certain fatness of sulphur, the vapour (or Mercury of the Sages) joins itself to its fatness, and sublimes it together with itself.

The center of the Earth is reflected in the center of Man. Adam/Adama. Man/Earth.

Man hath within him the virtue and efficiency of all things, whence he is called a small world, and is compared to the large world.

Anyone who sees this matter as a vulgar liquid such as sperm is indeed blind.

:confused:

So you were no blinder when you made your Successful Stone with GW than I was when I observed various MicroCosmic Matters separate by themselves into Red and White and marry/reunite again by themselves by virtue of the Mercurial/arial Fire :).

I don't disagree that there is a lot of blindness to certain frequencies in the knowledge spectrum.
But then again, if someone sees the same thing from a different angle does not automatically make them blind :cool:

There is more than one way to (and from) the center of the 'earth'... Were it not so, we'd all be stuck with the missionary position for all eternity :)

So my suggestion to all is first realize the alchemical significance of the four elements and make a water that contains them all and you will have our water the progenitor of metals. A water containing earth,water,air and fire in perfect harmony, the perfect medicine for animals and metals.
So make this water and then coagulate it by its own sulfur(heat) and a stone will be born of the water.

We have absolutely no disagreement of principles on the above statement :)

Seth-Ra
03-11-2010, 09:22 AM
I think im agreeing more with Androgynus, but then again, with LR also... hmm ill just say my understanding:

There is no wrong matter, from either kingdom, for all 3 work the same, for the same, to their kind, and when reduced to their 3, imbued with Universal Life and by secret fire made Stone, there is no difference then in their Kingdom.

Again, i reference the Emerald Tablet, All things come from One Thing, so obviously All kingdoms can create the same thing.

On the other hand, metals are quite important, without the metal/rock/mineral, there can be no Alchemy, for the metal holds the Path to the Stone.

Both these sides are infact One coherent side, though they sound opposing and different, they are not. :)

~Seth-Ra

Andro
03-11-2010, 09:25 AM
I think im agreeing more with Androgynus, but then again, with LR also... hmm ill just say my understanding:

There is no wrong matter, from either kingdom, for all 3 work the same, for the same, to their kind, and when reduced to their 3, imbued with Universal Life and by secret fire made Stone, there is no difference then in their Kingdom.

Again, i reference the Emerald Tablet, All things come from One Thing, so obviously All kingdoms can create the same thing.

On the other hand, metals are quite important, without the metal/rock/mineral, there can be no Alchemy, for the metal holds the Path to the Stone.

Both these sides are infact One coherent side, though they sound opposing and different, they are not. :)

I also agree with myself and with Leo as well ;)

Wisely spoken IMO, Seth-Ra!

LeoRetilus
03-11-2010, 09:48 AM
So you were no blinder when you made your Successful Stone with GW than I was when I observed various MicroCosmic Matters separate by themselves into Red and White and marry/reunite again by themselves by virtue of the Mercurial/arial Fire :).

Your right I was blind. I never gave the specifics of that process, but since you mention it. I was following the advice of someone who said to use baking soda to make a quicker extraction of the oil, and they also talked about the need to make it acidic again, so I added vinegar,..... buddy thats why it was successful, and I didn't understand it till recently. :) So if that makes me blind then so be it, but not in the same way that you may be by working with sperm, hell what do I know maybe by putrefying giz you'll make some kind of vinegar as well but by going where that webpage goes with saying thats our matter and that how the ancients should be translated is completely preposterous.

Andro
03-11-2010, 09:59 AM
Leo, may we agree to let the proof be in the pudding?

I have worked will a few Micros so far, and observed VERY similar and encouraging behaviours, to say the least.

But I must admit that I haven't personally worked with semen before.

Let's just say that if later this year something interesting and reassuring happens with this matter, I will personally let you know :)

Ajnavajra
03-11-2010, 02:02 PM
Friends, bless you all.

At first I was pissed to see my little bit of insight so dumped on. But then, it is only my precious opinion I am clinging to. Much as each of you clings to yours. Without proof, only the hope of proof one day.

I took 6 years of classes with Frater Albertus in the early 80's and have been associated with and worked with a number of students of alchemy over the decades. Frankly I know of NO ONE who has accomplished the Great Work. Hah. Hardly even a minor one.

Frater used to quote, "one in a million is called; and of those, one in a thousand succeeds." He surely did not.

Moderns are still vain that they know more than the simple methods of the earlier alchemists. We cling to our Zero Point physics and compendiums of chemistry. You think you are smart because you can put a chemical name to some extract you have labored over. KOH? "Vinegres?" Yawn. So been there done that.

Urbigerus says he made the Stone on his kitchen stove, to the wonderment of his fellow alchemists. Apparently there were a few around. Where are they today? Not on this forum I wager.

I have thrown away a double car garage of expensive glassware; ovens, kilns, pounds and pounds of minerals friends and I dug out of the desert, or expensively had shipped in from overseas. So vain, so certain, so proud the WE would succeed where so many had failed.

Some of you could wander into a barnyard and see copulating animals and miss the obvious, your minds turned off by such "crudities." Yes you live in an abstracted world of Hyle and Co-hyle, quantum foam, Crowns of Kether, etc etc. Prana from air, your pipes, your tubes, your pumps. You imagine you have had an original thought!

Basil says an alchemist must think like a farmer. Go ahead, put a seed into the soil and stare at it as it sprouts. With all your mass spectrometers and calipers you have no more understanding of WHY life is in it, and WHAT intelligences are co-operating in the stepping down of Light into flesh, no more understanding than a Cro-Magnon.

The sages say they write to confuse the unwary, and say that only he who already has the KEY can understand. Most of the texts are misdirection to shoo off the vain who are in danger of spraining their arms by patting themselves too much on their own backs.

Ask yourself WHY the higher intelligences of the Cosmos should grant YOU the boon of this Secret of Secrets??????? Puffed up in self-importance, puffed up in pretended knowledge, puffed up in expectation of your soon-to-be-achieved greatness. Puffers all.

Adieu. I leave you spagyricists and archemists to your arcana. My entire adult life has been devoted to the pursuit of alchemy and I regret not a moment for the insight and adventure. I wish you all a great journey too, even N*D*C* and his rag-tag band. We belong to a small fraternity of seekers, but it is the Divine that disposes, not man. Be humble and pray to be deserving.

And then go fuck yourself. You might find that this Oroboric Self-circulation (Self upon self) will teach you more than all your books. Yea, BURN your books and whiten your Laton! :eek:

:cool:
;)
:mad:

solomon levi
03-11-2010, 06:57 PM
I wouldn't take it so.
It doesn't appear to me that anyone dumped on your insight.
I just don't think it is what Fulcanelli intended.
He's quite clear that we are looking for a mineral subject.
I don't think it's the same mineral subject from burning urine or blood.

Your insight is well appreciated.
It's a great topic for discussion and lab work.
There are those of us here practicing on it as we speak.
We're not dumping on it.
Why does it have to be the path Fulcanelli was talking about?

Andro
03-11-2010, 07:32 PM
I have thrown away a double car garage of expensive glassware; ovens, kilns, pounds and pounds of minerals friends and I dug out of the desert, or expensively had shipped in from overseas. So vain, so certain, so proud the WE would succeed where so many had failed.

I agree with you on the above in regard to the Great Work. My own main Work takes place in a completely different spot than the Lab. However, for now, I still keep my various labware for lesser medicines that I'm still passionate about preparing. However, I do not rule out to throw it all away some day, when I feel I'm ready. But I totally understand you...

And then go fuck yourself. You might find that this Oroboric Self-circulation (Self upon self) will teach you more than all your books. :eek:

I personally absolutely agree with your above statement - it's the best way to learn. I have even said so myself in another thread (http://forum.alchemyforums.com/showthread.php?p=6402#post6402), even if slightly less explicit than you have...

It dawns on me that it's this Mercury/Divine Androgyne we need to make and eventually also become :)

Know ThySelf... Are you all aware that the word 'know' also has a quite explicit (http://alt-usage-english.org/excerpts/fxbiblic.html) biblical sense?

I say let's all go know ourselves :D :D :D

VITRIOL

Even if this has been your fairwell from this forum, I will definitely continue this discussion with you privately in the very near future.

Thank you very much for your input and contribution, I truly appreciate your sharing.

LeoRetilus
03-11-2010, 09:13 PM
One hollow 'oak' from which two waters emerge... Perfect ! ! !

From one hollow oak........a wine barrel......two waters emerge.....a wine and a balsamic vinegar.

I tried it last night...it is stupid simple. However my Saturn was quite old, many years of soaking up the moonshine, and I roasted it very slowly under some cosmic rays. Its funny how when you roast it like that it , it even looks like gold, surely by being in the fire it is nearly perfected, but alas when it cools it turns green,.... green gold, its a nice start. ;)

"O Aros that is the hidden secret of Scholia; and know that the said two fumes are the Root of this Art, and they are the white Kibric and the humid calx, but the fixed Body is of the Heart of Saturn comprehending the Tincture, and the Fields of Wisdom or of Scholia." -Mary The Prophetess

I'm just saying...... take it or leave it. At any rate no need for anybody to get their feathers ruffled, the microcosmic salt of man is important to our work, but IMO can be accomplished without it. Most importantly because nothing that is imperfect can educe perfection and nothing about man is perfect, otherwise he'd be God and he is not.

Mary briefly soundeth forth
Strange things like Thunder round the Earth.
She with two Gumms makes the Bottome stay
What else would fly away.
Three things if you three hours attend
Are chained together in the End.
Mary the Light of dew, and Art has got
In three hours to tye the Knot.
Pluto's daughter, it is she
Who bindeth Loves confederacy
Joyned with three seeds she does aspire
To be exalted in the Fire.

Andro
03-11-2010, 09:21 PM
Nothing about man is perfect.

That's where Art comes in, to take over where Nature left off :)

No need for anybody to get their feathers ruffled.

No ruffled feathers on my end of this discussion :)

Seth-Ra
03-11-2010, 10:30 PM
Friends, bless you all.

At first I was pissed to see my little bit of insight so dumped on. But then, it is only my precious opinion I am clinging to. Much as each of you clings to yours. Without proof, only the hope of proof one day.

I took 6 years of classes with Frater Albertus in the early 80's and have been associated with and worked with a number of students of alchemy over the decades. Frankly I know of NO ONE who has accomplished the Great Work. Hah. Hardly even a minor one.

Frater used to quote, "one in a million is called; and of those, one in a thousand succeeds." He surely did not.

Moderns are still vain that they know more than the simple methods of the earlier alchemists. We cling to our Zero Point physics and compendiums of chemistry. You think you are smart because you can put a chemical name to some extract you have labored over. KOH? "Vinegres?" Yawn. So been there done that.

Urbigerus says he made the Stone on his kitchen stove, to the wonderment of his fellow alchemists. Apparently there were a few around. Where are they today? Not on this forum I wager.

Some of you could wander into a barnyard and see copulating animals and miss the obvious, your minds turned off by such "crudities." Yes you live in an abstracted world of Hyle and Co-hyle, quantum foam, Crowns of Kether, etc etc. Prana from air, your pipes, your tubes, your pumps. You imagine you have had an original thought!

Basil says an alchemist must think like a farmer. Go ahead, put a seed into the soil and stare at it as it sprouts. With all your mass spectrometers and calipers you have no more understanding of WHY life is in it, and WHAT intelligences are co-operating in the stepping down of Light into flesh, no more understanding than a Cro-Magnon.

The sages say they write to confuse the unwary, and say that only he who already has the KEY can understand. Most of the texts are misdirection to shoo off the vain who are in danger of spraining their arms by patting themselves too much on their own backs.

Ask yourself WHY the higher intelligences of the Cosmos should grant YOU the boon of this Secret of Secrets??????? Puffed up in self-importance, puffed up in pretended knowledge, puffed up in expectation of your soon-to-be-achieved greatness. Puffers all.

Adieu. I leave you spagyricists and archemists to your arcana. My entire adult life has been devoted to the pursuit of alchemy and I regret not a moment for the insight and adventure. I wish you all a great journey too, even N*D*C* and his rag-tag band. We belong to a small fraternity of seekers, but it is the Divine that disposes, not man. Be humble and pray to be deserving.

And then go fuck yourself. You might find that this Oroboric Self-circulation (Self upon self) will teach you more than all your books. Yea, BURN your books and whiten your Laton! :eek:

;)
:mad:

Kind of an odd tid-bit to say. I dont see where anyone has "dumped" on your earlier post. I see LR quoted it, and elaborated with texts that related to it... if anything it would seem its been used as a key point of reference.

I cant speak for everyone, only myself, but... who is patting anyone on the back for anything? We all have ideas and share, hoping to help anyone else, and explore lines of thought.
Im not proud of any of my works, i think they could be better, but only because of what it taught me as i did it in the first place.

I do think that the work is so simple that its almost insane-easy, and thats what makes it so hard. But im not the best at "science", i can read and understand, but chemistry is not my fav. subject. Anyone that knows me knows i seem more like a magician, or something, then a "scientist". None of which brings me an ego boost, but rather keeps me under fire from people, including family. I have no vain goals, i seek to understand, so as to get closer to God, and do some good while im here. Nothing more, nothing less. I know there are others here that have similar ideals.

And lastly, we dont all have great lab gear, i and several others use jars that we've emptied, along with candles, sun and moon, wind and the materials we have around us.

So what was with the rant? Did someone not call you out by name and tell you it was a brilliant post? Perhaps the rant was to yourself then.

Myself, and the ones i call friend and brother in the art, have no care for "glory"/"pride"/ or "pats on the back". We do it for ourselves because our souls tell us its right, and its what our Maker would have us do.

Take time to learn of people before you deem yourself worthy to call them "puffers" or any other lowly title.

This is not meant as an attack or anything of the kind, just a reply to the above quoted post as i think it should be addressed in full. :)

~Seth-Ra

Seth-Ra
03-12-2010, 06:31 AM

;)

I just now decided to look at the link to the site... meh, old news to me.
Animal alchemy is my favorite forte', and the info in that site is pretty obvious to one who toys in the kingdom long enough.

i say this though, because it makes a point on the site, when it comes to the "black dragon" part, that it is obviously of the mineral kingdom. Remember my words from earlier, in agreeing with both LR and Androgynus.

It is in the mineral kingdom that all is done, but that is because All is One. All things are but some form of some mineral. If we made it, its a mineral, aside from a few things, like gases. :D
In the Azoth drawing, on iron it shows sulphur also, mercury at mercury. ( http://tanaerum.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/azoth.jpg )

My big point, is to work where one feels comfortable and led. As also has been discussed on this forum, all of matter is a reflection of all the rest. To study a plant is to study the universe, and so and so on. If one cannot work with high heats and big labs, thats fine, no need to melt down metals like blocks of lead and gold. If one doesnt have the stomach or nose for animal alchemy (and i honestly cant blame them... i like the art, it draws many things.. but arg... at what price? :D) then perhaps they shouldnt bother. Plants are more abundant for some, for others, minerals, and for others, animals hold more fascination. All is living minerals.

The principles in each kingdom are the same, the work is the same, each according to its kind, for All things come from One Thing by many adaptions, so then is All part of the One, and from the One we enter the All.

So, my friends, choose your poison, and enjoy. :D

As for this thread: The Oak holds many secrets, and the True Secret. Pick your Oak, whether Oak tree, a long standing mountain/mine, or tool of the animal realm, or better yet, sow and reap a stone from all 3 Oaks, after all what can it hurt? ;)

You say its child's play? How much easier can it be then understanding that All is One. ;)
The kingdoms dont war with each other, they meld into each other: The animals eat the plants, the animals die and breakdown into the earth becoming minerals and nutrients which feed the plants.

Once one knows that, the rest of the formula is in the Emerald Tablet. Pick your pirma materia, and follow the operation of the sun. :cool:

~Seth-Ra

LeoRetilus
03-12-2010, 08:09 AM
Not to beat a dead horse or anything Androgynus but, I know this is your favorite document so I going to post something from it.

From: Chemical Moonshie (http://www.rexresearch.com/alchemy5/fleischer.htm)

"Kind Reader! Many years have already flown, in which I have read not only many sincere Chemical books, but also sophistical ones, worked through the processes of the God-forsaken deceitful arch-liars, through which I have lost both my moderate fortune and my health. If but a single Christian friend had only revealed to me the meanest spark of the true being, and from thence what is absorbed by animal, vegetable, mineral and lead, flux of the solar-rays, yea! If he had led me and directed me to catch hold of the astral, viscous, fat water, I would be forever obliged to that one from that hour forth: In any case, for the most part I did nothing but wander through pretended, misleading, falsely groundlessly prescribed processes, and having worked, unfortunately did nothing but thresh empty straw. For nearly thirty-seven years I laboured greatly, and in all three kingdoms there was virtually no other subject to be sought, which had not already been found to be impotent.

And then, if mindful to read the account of Helvetius’ Golden Calf. Then I would find that those and other sincerely truthful adepts advise so well what can and may issue forth from mineral, vegetables and animals, because these things were each predestined to a certain nature, thus all things are unable and incapable of bearing something of unlike kind, or of forming out of something of contrary nature; alone our Water, Sun, Moon, and Celestial Dew serves all three kingdoms as a Universal Spirit, and therefore cannot be separated from them, I must and should catch it in the manner to be described,

This Universal mercury is nothing else than the Astral Salt, which a few call Heavenly; by the ancients, however, it is called the Salt of Metals; not only do all Metals have their beginning and growth from this spirit, but also all animals, vegetables and insects must suffocate and decay if they should be robbed of this solar-lunar moisture, heat, cold, life and motion

In the name of God I wish to start to teach the work clearly; seeker, begin in God’s name to understand such as the truth. Innumerably many charlatans have written of the primary thing that issues forth from minerals, vegetables, and animals, the one says this, the other something else, recommending chimney soot, dust, lampblack, spittle, sweat, and many more such fool’s tricks as the Prima Materia of the Philosopher’s Stone: Although each one derives from the prime mover and possesses something therefrom, as much as is needful, their users are not artists: He is also no artist, who is able to separate such therefrom, and employ it on his behalf; nothing is gained if he drives out this spirit from one of the bodies, through some kind of art or fire-power, in order to catch hold of it and to bind it: Rather, all labour is in vain, the time and expense are lost: What such deceivers and boasters earn is the wrath and disfavour of God, timely death and damnation: Why? How many unlearned and ignorant people take the declarations of these liars and boasters for truth, spend time and money, and are mistaken, and other people, many quite horribly, lose life and limb thereby, even lose well the everlasting. Have not the lying writers worked the greater part of misery upon these unfortunate ones? Oh, yea"- John Fleisher

What say you of spittle now?

How bout the spittle of RA(God)(The Sun)?

Now dew will serve no purpose if not collected during the spring and summer months when that which dies during the winter and frozen in the ground begins to thaw and rot and the astral spirit which was once coarsing through said organisms is released into the air.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/5/5d/Puy_de_Poix%2C_gisement_bitumeux.JPG/220px-Puy_de_Poix%2C_gisement_bitumeux.JPG

The matter that Fulcanelli speaks of is like I said the first matter of metals the gur, the rotten acetic living mineral water, now what happens when rotting plant and animal matter doesn't encounter the right conditions to become metals? It becomes coal, or mainly bitumen or rather asphaltum, shilajit anyone? The matter can be found on mountains or in valleys, it is a brittle, glassy, friable, black stinking mass most vile and held in little regard but precious to he who know how to make use of it.
Bitumen (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bitumen)

Bitumen is a mixture of organic liquids that are highly viscous, black, sticky, entirely soluble in carbon disulfide, and composed primarily of highly condensed polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons.

The Judaicum Bitumen is better than others; that is reckoned the best, which doth shine like purple, being of a strong scent & weightie, but the black and fowle is naught for it is adulterated with Pitch mixed with it. It growes in Phoenice also, and in Sidon, & in Babylon, & in Zacynthum. It is found also moyst swimming upon wells in the countrie of the Agrigentines of Sicilie, which they use for lamps instead of oyle, and which they call falsely Sicilian oyle, for it is a kinde of moyst Bitumen."[3]

As bitumens are also found in meteorites and Archean rocks it is possible that some bitumens are primordial material formed during accretion of the Earth and reworked by bacteria that consume hydrocarbons

Most bitumens contain sulfur and several heavy metals such as nickel, vanadium, lead, chromium, mercury and also arsenic, selenium, and other toxic elements.

Gee Wez I wonder where all those metals came from?

Now I have solved the rest of Fulcanelli's puzzle involving the Coq imagery, but since God has bade me not to cast pearls before swine I will not reveal the rest publicly, but by all means PM me if you are genuinely interested and if you do not smell of bacon I will reveal the rest. :D

Salazius
03-12-2010, 08:18 AM
The principles in each kingdom are the same, the work is the same, each according to its kind, for All things come from One Thing by many adaptions, so then is All part of the One, and from the One we enter the All.

I agree totally.
Matter is condensed "Spirit", at different levels of expression and opacity to Divine Light.

LeoRetilus
03-12-2010, 08:57 AM
http://www.hermetics.org/solis/images/solis8.JPG

THE FOURTH PARABLE
Mentioning which SENIOR speaks thus: "The Spirit
dissolves the body, and in the Dissolution extracts the Soul
of the Body, and changes this body into Soul; and the Soul is
changed into the Spirit, and the Spirit is again added to the Body,
for thus it has stability." Here then the body becomes spiritual by
force of the Spirit. This the Philosophers give to understand in
the following Signature, or Figure: They saw a man black like a
negro sticking fast in a black, dirty and foul smelling slime or
clay; to his assistance came a young women, beautiful in
countenance, and still more so in body, most handsomely
adorned with many-coloured dresses, and she had wings on her
back, the feathers of which were equal to those of the very finest
white Peacock, and the quills were adorned with fine pearls,
while the feathers reflected like golden mirrors. On her head
she had a crown of pure gold, and on top of it a silver star;
around her neck she wore a necklace of fine Gold, with the
most precious Ruby, which no king would be able to pay; her feet
were clad with golden shoes, and from her was emanating the
most splendid perfume, surpassing all aromas. She clothed
the man with a purple robe, lifted him up to his brightest clearness,
and took him with herself to Heaven." Therefore says
SENIOR: " It is a living thing, which no more dies, but when used
gives an eternal increase."

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/5/5d/Puy_de_Poix%2C_gisement_bitumeux.JPG/220px-Puy_de_Poix%2C_gisement_bitumeux.JPG

Come and listen to my story bout a man named Jed
Poor mountaineer barely kept his family fed
Then one day he was shooting at some food
And up through the ground came a bubbling crude
Oil that is black gold Texas tea :D :D :D

Andro
03-12-2010, 09:48 AM
Not to beat a dead horse or anything Androgynus but, I know this is your favorite document so I'm going to post something from it.

Although I quoted it a few times, I never said publicly that this is my favorite document. And I also have more than one favorite document, by the way ;)

Other than the Emerald Tablet and myself, I actually have three other favorite documents which are in highest agreement with my own Artistic Orientation.
And even if those favorite documents of mine speak of different matters, thay are nevertheless in complete agreement with me and with eachother :cool:

What say you of spittle now?
How about the spittle of RA(God)(The Sun)?

There is another Sun inside me which has its own Spittle. The Micro Sun of Man.

Now dew will serve no purpose if not collected during the spring and summer months when that which dies during the winter and frozen in the ground begins to thaw and rot and the astral spirit which was once coarsing through said organisms is released into the air.

Agreed!

That's why it's so important how the dew is collected.

Now, while we're still busy beating that dead horse - here's another dead horse I've been beating for a while myself:

The Universal Mercury/Matter is EVERYWHERE. It's up to every Artist to intercept it at his/hers point of convenience and agreement with how he/she intends to work.

Some paint with Water Colors. Some paint with Oil Colors.
Some sculpt in Stone, and others sculpt in Metal.
Some play brass instruments, and others play wooden instruments.
Some write pop songs, others write symphonies.
The list goes on...

If their Art is good, their Creations will contain and conduct the Spiritus Mundi just the same.

LeoRetilus
03-12-2010, 09:58 AM
Ok ,....to each his own then, ...but don't say nobody never warned anybody and maybe you'll return to this thread one day when you've used up all your youth, and lost all your money, limb and health like I have,..... for me I think I'll beat the dead horse till he becomes a pap and then bury him in the ground till he rots and render his fat to a white gluten. ;)

Adieu

Andro
03-12-2010, 10:44 AM
Ok ,....to each his own then, ...but don't say nobody never warned anybody and maybe you'll return to this thread one day when you've used up all your youth, and lost all your money, limb and health like I have...

Luckily for me, the simplicity of my current Main Work is highly unlikely to present any danger to my money and health (and limb).

As for youth... There is youth other than chronological.

For me I think I'll beat the dead horse till he becomes a pap and then bury him in the ground till he rots and render his fat to a white gluten. ;)

And just the same will I treat my own dead horse, of course :)

Adieu

Nothing dies forever... Not even dead horses ;)

Ajnavajra
03-12-2010, 11:34 PM
The devil (Lucifer) made me do it!

Sprinkle a little vinegar and see what floats up.

:rolleyes:

Ghislain
03-13-2010, 07:19 AM
for me I think I'll beat the dead horse till he becomes a pap and then bury him in the ground till he rots and render his fat to a white gluten.

Leo you'll go blind :eek:

Ghislain

LeoRetilus
03-13-2010, 07:32 AM
LOL,.... I'm not the one playing with it, tell that to the guys who are. :p

If I did practice that "particular" path I'd have to jerk off till I did go blind to get enough. :eek:

Not that I don't have to practice the art every once in a while, after all I am married. :D

LeoRetilus
03-13-2010, 08:13 AM
http://www.diabetes-herbs.com/Shilajit.jpg
http://www.ayurveda-recipes.com/img/shilajeet.jpg

"It is first matter in mineral state, as it comes out of the ore-bearing strata,
deeply buried under the rocky mass. It is, the texts tell us,
'a heavy, brittle, friable black substance, which has the appearance of
a stone, can shatter into minute fragments."-Fulcanelli, Mystery of the Cathedrals

La Brea Lake (http://www.geulogy.com/pitch_lake_asphaltlake_la_brea_trinidad_tobago_nat ural_tar_bitumen.html#motherofthelake)

http://www.geulogy.com/images/natural_pitch_tar_bitumen/natural-wonders-of-the-world-pitch-tar-lake-la-brea-trinidad-geulogy.jpg

http://www.geulogy.com/images/natural_pitch_tar_bitumen/natural-substances-strange-largest-pitch-tar-lake-in-the-world-geulogy.jpg

http://www.geulogy.com/images/natural_pitch_tar_bitumen/white-mother-of-the-lake-soft-substance-la-brea-trinidad-and-tobago-geulogy.jpg

"What is the white substance that comes out of La Brea or is found on its surface. Why is it called the Mother of the Lake? Is it another part of the exchange system of the Pitch Lake that keeps it alive and active."

LAC VIRGINIS.... THATS WHAT

WOW.... what a powerful place even gravity is affected here. http://www.gstt.org/Geology/pitch%20lake.htm

LeoRetilus
03-19-2010, 06:57 AM
In reference to a certain materia out of which the philosphers make their mercury, in being a stone and no stone.
Pitch Resin (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pitch_(resin))

"Tar pitch is a viscoelastic polymer. This means that even though it seems to be solid at room temperature and can be shattered with a hard impact, it is actually fluid and will flow over time, but extremely slowly."

Production

The heating (dry distilling) of wood causes tar and pitch to drip away from the wood and leave behind charcoal.

This incidentally is also a method of producing acetic acid:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acetic_acid

By 1910 most glacial acetic acid was obtained from the "pyroligneous liquor" from distillation of wood. The acetic acid was isolated from this by treatment with milk of lime, and the resultant calcium acetate was then acidified with sulfuric acid to recover acetic acid. At that time Germany was producing 10,000 tons of glacial acetic acid, around 30% of which was used for the manufacture of indigo dye.[2][4]

The color Indigo my friends is the sky colored whelp, the offspring of the Corascene bitch and Armenian dog. Here lies very close to a great secret, the color of the union of philosophic sulfur with philosophic mercury.
http://query.nytimes.com/mem/archive-free/pdf?_r=2&res=9F06E7D6173BE633A25754C0A96E9C946796D6CF

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/6/62/University_of_Queensland_Pitch_drop_experiment-6-2.jpg/250px-University_of_Queensland_Pitch_drop_experiment-6-2.jpg

Isn't this odd? , It can be shattered by impact and yet flows like water, amazing!

horticult
03-19-2010, 07:06 AM
Glass is also "frozen" liquid with the same qualities.

Seth-Ra
03-19-2010, 07:11 AM
Glass is also "frozen" liquid with the same qualities.

"The secret lies with the glass makers", so ive heard. ;)

LeoRetilus
03-19-2010, 07:31 AM
Recently I bought some Shilajit, mineral pitch, it does indeed shatter like glass with a hard impact, yet if you work it slowly it molds like a wax especially upon heating.
When I purchased this from abroad I also purchased a kilogram of what was also supposed to be Shilajit except upon arrival it turned out to be ground root of The Styrax, gum benzoin, a very fatty looking powder, now follow this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tincture_of_benzoin

"Gum Benzoin is a fragrant resin which comes to us from the sunny meadows of Sumatra, and is redolent with odors of the Spice Islands, and the mysterious virtues of tropical balms. Its qualities are strange. Mix a little of it with fat, and the latter will not become rancid. Some of the tincture, combined with glycerine, is simply the best application in the world for chapped hands, and for those cracked nipples which afflict some women during nursing. But this apart. We speak of it now as a cosmetic. Two ounces of it to a pint of pure alcohol (free from acrid fusel oils and the like) make as fine an application as those can ask who wish a white spotless tint, and fragrant arome. Some of it may be used once or twice a day in the manner already mentioned.
About a tablespoonful should be poured into a small tumbler of water. It changes the water to a whitish fluid, which is known in France as lait virginal, virgin's milk, and is highly and justly esteemed. None of the cosmetic washed is more agreeable. Some glycerine can be added to the water if desired."[7]
Toilette of Rank and Fashion states:

"Virgin's Milk is compounded with tincture of Benzoin and Rose-water; it is prepared by simply adding a few drops of the former to an ounce or two of the latter, which produces a milky mixture. If the face be washed with this, it will give it a beautiful ivory color. Let it remain on the skin without wiping."[8]

Seth-Ra
03-19-2010, 07:55 AM
Leo, i think youre on to something. Upon looking further into it, the resin comes from the styrax family of trees:

Styrax trees grow to 2-14 m tall, and have alternate, deciduous or evergreen simple ovate leaves 1-18 cm long and 2-10 cm broad.

Evergreen - like live oak, or pine trees. (see the pine cones. ;) )

Also, this is a neat bit of info:

"[The Arabians] gather frankincense by burning that storax which Phoenicians carry to Hellas; they burn this and so get the frankincense; for the spice-bearing trees are guarded by small winged snakes of varied color, many around each tree; these are the snakes that attack Egypt. Nothing except the smoke of storax will drive them away from the trees."

(source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Styrax )

Seems the object to make from the plant kingdom is coming together...

~Seth-Ra

LeoRetilus
03-19-2010, 10:09 AM
"[The Arabians] gather frankincense by burning that storax which Phoenicians carry to Hellas; they burn this and so get the frankincense; for the spice-bearing trees are guarded by small winged snakes of varied color, many around each tree; these are the snakes that attack Egypt. Nothing except the smoke of storax will drive them away from the trees."

~Seth-Ra

Yes I read this too, but was going to wait to see if someone else recognized the significance, nice work!

LeoRetilus
03-19-2010, 11:01 AM
Maria the Prophetess says:

"Take Alum from Spain, the White Gum, and the Red Gum, the Kibru of the Philosophers, their Gold, and the Great Tincture.

Make a marriage of the Gum with the Gum, by a true union;

Proceed therewith, that they may flow like water; this well prepared water Thou must vitrify, that is, thou must make a glass thereof.

This glass is composed of Two Subjects and a fixed body. Render this matter fusible by the secret operation of nature in the Philosophical Vessel.

Take care of the Fume, and beware, that nothing of the fume may escape! Attend the work, with a gentle fire, such as the Sun gives in July.

Be not absent from the Vessel, that thou mayst observe, how the matter becomes Black, White and Red, in less than 3 hours of a day, and the fume will penetrate the body, the Spirits will keep together and will become like Milk, which softens, and renders fusible and penetrating.

And this is the Secret, O Aros! "

So the secret IHMO is a pyroligneous acid extracted by the dry distillation of gums into an acetum dryed to crystals as a beginning. Just think about how long crystallized amber(tree sap) can hang around and the significance of fire opals, mineraloid gels.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mineraloid

Common mineraloids

Amber, non-crystalline structure
Jet, non-crystalline nature
Native mercury, non-solid
Obsidian, volcanic glass - non-crystalline structure
Opal, non-crystalline silicon dioxide
Petroleum, liquid
Pyrobitumen, non-homogeneous, non-crystalline structure
Vulcanite, vulcanized natural or synthetic rubber, thus not a mineral due lack of crystalline structure

All excellent choices for sodium burn candidates.

LeoRetilus
04-03-2010, 07:47 AM
A Hollow Oak Scotch Still, Bottom Left

http://www.bertuchprints.com/Londinensis/06C/ENLO_06C_071.jpg

solomon levi
04-07-2010, 07:21 PM
I forgot this connection, but i think it is pretty well known.
Regulus (antimony-iron) is the heart of Leo (gold)

http://souledout.org/nightsky/regulusleo/regulusleo.html

It's interesting that regulus focusses the energy of sirius, the DOG star

Andro
04-24-2010, 11:09 PM
Oak in french is chene.

And in Hebrew, 'seneh' means 'bush' (as in the 'burning bush' on the mountain) in the excellent alchemical allegory known as the bible.
__________________________________________________ _______________________

Also:

Concerning this image, I would note the 14 trees that flank the side of the hollow oak. What this gives away is the timing of when certain elements appear. Fourteen days is often called a fortnight, and should give some clue as to when this element is found... no it won't be found fourteen days into the process, rather fourteen days after a certain sign appears.

Quoth Hollandus:

"You may extract the Mercury out of Saturn in 14 days."