PDA

View Full Version : Why are you practicing Alchemy ?

Salazius
01-04-2010, 02:02 PM
Hi,

Sometime it is important to make a point on our motivations. We practice and study, some only study, this is all very nice, but, what is under all this, activities and books, researches.
What are we doing here, where are we, where do we want to go ? What are your plans after all, and are you sure that these plans are really what you are seeking for ?

Isn't it only a researche for something bigger than what we are ? Are we not trying to flee from disaster, illness, death, pain and suffering, poverty, ignorance, uneaseness, desper, depression, profound anxiety, guilt ? &c &c
And maybe we are. And it's fine, what shouldn't we be full of knowledge, in good whealth and health after all if we feel in peace, and good ?

Of course, ultimately, Alchemy is a Way to the Divine. What do that mean ? It means to find your Inner Self, your Divine Being, Life in your core center.
Alchemy is a medium, a tool to reach this. As a tool is it more or less complete and can lead, more or less quickly a person to the stage he wants. Whatever it is.
You will receive what you are expecting for. So, maybe it is a good idea to try to put your expectation very high.

Alchemy is part of Hermetics. Theurgia and Astrologia. Plus the understanding of the Hermetical Nature of Manifestation. All these are a Corpus, a Body. Alchemy is Lab.Oratory, the oratory part is the energetical and meditative part, which is also theurgia and the study of astrologia.

The complete tool, the complete Corpus is more effective than Alchemy alone (plus spagery and archemy which are different levels of healing and are not separated from Alchemy because some alchemical process begin with Archemy, and end with spagery).

All this to say that we are not attracted by this or these sciences without a lack of something, and again, it is not bad to have this lack, nor to try to fulfill it.

Ghislain
01-04-2010, 02:19 PM
Maybe this sticky (http://forum.alchemyforums.com/showthread.php?t=383) by Deviadah
Goes hand in hand with your post
Salazius

Ghislain

Andro
01-04-2010, 04:42 PM
Why are you practicing Alchemy ?

This question and all others you've posted above are very much in tune with Mercury now being retrograde :)

People may have various 'reasons' for practicing Alchemy.

Personally, for me I feel that I'm doing this because I have no real choice... Like it's sort of hardwired into the Path of my life.

When I was 5 years old, I told my mother that I would some day discover a remedy to put an end to all human suffering, and that I would drop it (for free) from an airplane onto all areas on the planet.

I would probably phrase/motivate/rationalize it quite differently today, but the basic longing/passion/desire has not changed. And I'm not into rationalizing anyway :)

Why do singers sing? Why do poets write? Why do painters paint?

Sure, they may give 'reasons' - but I believe it's because they simply have no choice...

Salazius
01-04-2010, 05:17 PM
That is an answer :) Thanks !

Of course the idea of the message is to go in, and feel the motives and motivations. Just looking at it and accepting it, even if it is rationnal or not.

Some will have very good reasons, maybe not the real (at the root of the root) one, fearing to see clearly what they are ? Maybe they are actually right, and very sure about their motivations and inner fire.