PDA

View Full Version : love

solomon levi
01-13-2010, 08:07 PM
It will be difficult to keep this thread focussed, cause it leads so many places,
and is so personal, unless you specify "unconditional love (http://forum.alchemyforums.com/showthread.php?3000-unconditional-love)", which is very
specific and not personal at all. Reviewing my life, I've realised (years ago) that
every thing we do is love, no matter how base, how possesive or selfish or coming
from fear... it's still the best we know how to love at that time.

And then Androgynus made a good point about not searching for love outside of
oneself... for completion in another. I've been aware of this as a definition, an
ideal, for many years, but only recently have experienced it - as a new plateau and
not a momentary thing. It's an interesting story I think, because my alchemical
and "spiritual" advances had met something of a drought for the past few months.
I even stopped taking elixirs and stuff, not inspired, not feeling like anything was
changing. And then the new year came, and went - I don't believe in making resolutions,
and the date doesn't have much significance - winter solstice is really when the
sun is reborn, and spring equinox is the beginning of the year... so besides using
the energy of social consciousness that is celebrating in most places, January 1st
is no big deal. But I did/do expect this year to be different, I always welcome change.

So I finally had this breakthrough with the ormus gold oil as i've recently written
about. And I ingested some, just a few grains/specks in some wine. And i had this
wonderful realisation that evening that I didn't realise was connected to the gold
until later.
In brief, I realised that I didn't need to be loved anymore; that i am more
interested in giving love than receiving it. I've received it from myself, truly,
unquestionably, in a way that doesn't leave me lacking or needing the approval of
others - I know myself, I accept myself, I really love myself and my life. And that
makes me love others and their lives - as I've mentioned the commonality between
us all as humans experiencing life.
And the love that I can give doesn't need to be focussed on a partner. There are
people you run into every day that are looking to be loved - the person that drives
like an asshole, and instead of thinking something like "asshole", you think, "Wow,
they obviously need to get somewhere in more of a rush than I do." And as long as
they didn't hit your car or make you crash into something, you might even think,
"Hey, good move!" But most of the time we, like them, are imagining ourselves
to be the center of the universe, so we call them an asshole.
Well, more often than not, I don't do that anymore. 'My life' and 'their life' are
intertwined - I often don't know the difference.
So I see that I have been silently growing, perhaps like a bulb in winter, or a butterfly
in a cocoon - nothing noticeable if you keep looking, but something is definitely
happening.

Well, I'll stop there.
Don't curse the droughts! :)

your brother,
solomon

Ghislain
01-13-2010, 09:02 PM
I'm a bit ashamed to admit it but I am still
struggling to understand what love is.

I like to meditate and I do my own thing but
one day a friend at work told me his wife goes
to a Buddhist temple to meditate and she had
invited me to go with her...

I was really looking forward to it...the professionals
if you know what I mean :)

Well they started with getting us to choose the most
hated person we could think of in our life, then
we had to forgive them for any wrong doing and
send them our love...

then we had to expand our love to include all that
were present...then all in the town...the country...the world
the galaxy the universe...

this seemed like a great concept, but it was here that I
realised I had no actual idea of what love is...I didn't
know how to send out all this love.

I will find out what it is :D

Ghislain

solomon levi
01-23-2010, 03:30 AM
Love is difficult to define because it is more like a thing that is present
when the bullshit is absent, rather than an activity or something we try
to do. If I had to use other words to describe it, I'd liken it to allowing
or accepting; or to use the opposite, not judging, not interfering.

I experience love as a sympathy - a recognition of myself in others or them
in me... and thus the acceptance I have of myself is extended to others.
We all do this to some degree - that's how we make friends. I guess we
begin to call it love when it outweighs the differences, or when you've come
terms with yourself, your life, and have no regrets or you've transformed
most of the irritating bits of sand into beautiful pearls of wisdom.
We've all done ignorant things. Loving oneself is coming to the realisation
or acceptance that things could not have happened differently. We are like
very specific equations, each moment in our life... none of it is accidental.
Accepting your life is the beginning of love. As long as we are wishing our
life was something else, or as long as we feel embarrassed or ashamed or
guilty about parts of our lives, we will not accept others for the same.
But when we see that life is very specific, full of intention... then we drop
the illusion of wanting it to be something else; and we drop the illusion of
judgement, which implies that things could/should be different. And when
we see this in ourselves, it must necessarily apply to all others.
And I think that is love... not an effort; not trying to do good or be loving...
but the simple direct observation of what is... the absence of illusion.

solomon levi
01-23-2010, 03:50 AM
Now relationships/partnerships are something else. :D
These have to be looked at as a game of sorts. Not a game of manipulation...
I mean a game in the sense that there must be rules/agreements even
though we know that love is the absence of limitations. I mean a game in the
sense that both play willingly and consciously (which rarely happens).

IMO, if two people do not know that their relationship has no objective
value, then it will fail. Even if they manage to stay together their entire lives,
that is not my measure of success. True love, true joy... these are my measures.
The trick is to play the relationship within the rules that two agree upon as
well as they can... and when they can't, they must be wise enough to know
the default is true love/freedom... to remember that the relationship between
two people is a game, an agreement, and not some absolute law.
A relationship is only love as long as one wants to do it.
How can it be love if we are obligated (i.e. not free)?

I'm not in a relationship now. Not for two years. Which tells you that all
of my relationships (there have been many) have "failed". But then I've
never found anyone who knows what I know, and I've only known it for
the last three years or so. IMO, if two people know this, that could be an
amazing relationship. Maybe I'll get to see it.

Another trick for this game, as I've mentioned elsewhere, is to not form
and hold onto images of your partner. Because then you will be loving a
past version, or unable to forgive a past version... If you really want to be
happy, let the relationship renew itself each day... discover yourself and
your loved one anew each day. Then you'll never stop falling in love.

sol

horticult
01-23-2010, 11:43 AM
Read Otto Weininger.

Andro
01-23-2010, 08:07 PM
Read Otto Weininger.

Full text can be found HERE (http://www.theabsolute.net/ottow/sexcharh.html)

And here's an interesting bit from towards the end of Otto's book:

So long as there are two sexes there will be the problem of mankind [...] Truth will not prevail until the two become one, until from man and woman a third self (http://www.brotherhoodofthephoenix.org/node/397), neither man nor woman, is evolved.

But then again - this is a thread about love... Not something you can really 'read' into your life :)

And speaking of "love" - I find this to be a very polaric term, potentially destructive when/if no discernment is exercized.
The word "love" is often mistakenly used to describe a much higher and non-polaric (balanced) emotion.

This Higher Emotion is longing. The Ulimate Emotion of the Moon.

The Hebew word for longing is "Kisuphim - כיסופים", which has the same root as "Keseph - כסף" (the Hebrew word for Silver).

Silver is the metallic correspondence of the Moon.

Let's ponder a little on this, shall we?

:)

LeoRetilus
01-23-2010, 08:32 PM
For me love is less of a feeling that I internalize and project on others and more of an act. I cannot truely ever convey to someone I love how, or in what way or how much I love them, for words cannot communicate such a thing. Love is not a feeling I feel in my mind or anywhere in my body although the closest bodily reaction to the feeling of love is what I could best describe as warmth, but this warmth originates in a place that is eternal, and indestructible, in my soul. So how then do I love....the only way I know how to do such a thing in this world of solid matter and sure action is by giving of myself to others. So I draw a circle around myself and give the most of myself to those closest to me. But I also draw a bigger circle outside of that one and help people not so close to me for I love them as well, these might be not so immediate family members and also close friends. But some of us who have the most love to give draw an even bigger circle around ourselves to emcompass all of mankind, and this is the humanity or humanitarian in man, that which does not want to see his fellow brother suffer in darkness and disease and so he gives of himself to his brother in any way he can. Whether it be knowledge or food or clothing, as if to say brother do not despair all is not lost I am with you, here is my hand, I offer it to you in help in your hour of need but I offer it also in brotherhood.

Awani
02-14-2010, 06:57 PM
Love is not bound by people, it can be for other things as well an just as strong. I think my love of Art and the Creation of Art has always been stronger than say the love of some girl...

I do find that an unhappy love is an excellent muse!

:cool:

Donna Matrix
05-21-2010, 05:04 AM
Love and the path of the heart are the most important spiritual paths for intellectual types, such as on this forum. This is ingeniously planned for by the Ceator as a security measure and you cannot advance very far without it. For me love is an act o the will. I choose to forgive, i choose to fill my heart with gratitude, i choose to see beauty and feel joy. It doenst alwasy work the way i want it to, but it makes a difference as to how i use my will. There are still times I would rather have power than love. My ego is dying but it still has some kick in 'er.

Last year i made a decision to forgive soemone very close to me who has screwed me over big time like for the rest of my life. I was sick and tired of being kept down by hatred and rage, however justified it was. I just said "God, i want to forgive this person" . No parting of the waters or big deals, but my heart began to lighten and my psychic gifts were fast tracked and I began to have kundalini experiences and see things and talk to poeple from other dimensions, all because i chose to forgive. Now i dont have control over when it lifts from my heart or when it will clear from my soul, but that simole decision has had profound implications for my life. Its why i am here to study the Art, which was suggested to me by someone in another dimension.

I never have problems loving humanity from afar. Its always the up close stuff that is so maddening. Nor do I have problems loving other creatures but don't bore me with your stupid small talk or trivial concerns, and don't challenge my power. That's my ego and the natural course of an intellectual. That's why the path of the heart is so important. Besides, the mind is dry and dead and our souls long to feel alive.

DM

Andro
05-21-2010, 08:15 AM
I do not see 'love' as the universal emotion, as some new agers would like to believe. Having an open heart does not mean 'loving' without discernment. An open heart simply means having the ability to freely and creatively conduct emotional energies, of which 'love' is but one of many. 'Love' must be earned and not be taken (or given) for granted.

And it's true, the test for our declared emotional platforms is in 1x1 situations. If someone smacks you in the face and you respond with 'love' - you're not open-hearted, you're emotionally immature...

Forgiving and loving are not the same thing, just as 'love' is only one of many emotions that an open heart is able to experience and use. Declaring to love someone or something without knowing them deeply is equal to telling yourself bedtime stories to keep yourself asleep in a looped coma of emotional narrowness, repressing your REAL emotions and substituting them with 'love'.

The mind and the heart must be in sync to perform the Inner Alchemical marriage. The mind is not dead and dry and neither is the heart. The problem is not 'solved' by chosing one over the other, but by getting the two of them to work together in perfect balance. If the two are not in balance, they are both liars. Only by discarding the silly concept of one being superior to the other can something truly new and amazing arise.

IMO :D

Seth-Ra
05-21-2010, 05:01 PM
There is no possible way to earn Love. It is not some thing you trade with equivalent exchange because nothing is worthy of buying it. It is a gift, which is to be cherished. Forgiveness goes along with that.

If someone hits me in the face, me being the person i am, will pull a foot long blade on them and regardless of their "ability". I will then have the opportunity to alchemically break them down and recreate them into 3 kingdoms. :D
Funny thing is, ive been known for my restraint, and show them mercy, forgiveness, and that breaks down and recreates their hearts, cause what do you do when your enemy shows you mercy and forgiveness? You can either be convicted of wickedness and try to move forward (as nature and art would have it) or, you can hate them for being better, or more correctly speaking, hate yourself for being lesser, and continue to self-destruct - either event is left up to the person.

Point is, Alchemy is about understanding and moving forward, raising vibrations. If we understand, then we can forgive their ignorance, and be an example of understanding, love, and forgiveness. If we do not, then we are as equally in the black as them, keeping ourselves from the white and red.

What is a Philosopher's Stone worth? Can it be bought or sold like a bar of gold, can it be made by a hateful fool, and sold to his brother in exchange for a slave? Or is it a gift, given by nature and the Creator, to those who show themselves understanding, compassionate, to go to the hateful fool and help them - the healthy dont need healing, but the sick do. Must the sick "earn" their healing? Sometimes those that do "deserve it" dont get it, and those that dont, do. Why? because healing, the Stone, all things truly precious, are not precious because they are earned, but are precious because they are unearnable, they are gifts.

Love is also like this, infact, how much more valuable is Love than these things? Not the carnal lust of flesh, cause that causes hate in the long run, but true love and forgiveness are gifts, and benefit those giving, and those receiving.

If you love one who tries to hurt you, and you forgive them, that doesnt hurt you, they can only hurt you if you allow them. If your flesh fades away, your spirit is then free, within the lab that is the universe, so by all means, ascend, cause youre gonna anyway - might as well do it with a gift. ;)

Just my take. :)

~Seth-Ra

Chenkel
06-23-2010, 06:07 AM
Howdy

Needed to get in on this hot action. :)

Plato has some good things to say about love, echoed by others like C.S Lewis. It's hard to get all analytical on a subject that's tough to quantify (and maybe it's best kept to its magical mysterious ways if you dig the romance). But....

It has been 100% worth my time to give a lot of thought to concepts like eros, agape, philia, storge, heiros gamos, the symbolism of Hermes, the way the ocean reaches for the shore, and correspondences of these to the stone. Highly recommended.

-Carlo

Andro
07-24-2010, 08:22 PM
http://i861.photobucket.com/albums/ab172/androgynus_album/Love.jpg

solomon levi
12-06-2010, 05:09 PM
From some perspectives, it seems that there are few things as wonderful as being in love.
But most of the time we watch this love turn into something else, or be replaced by something else...
sometimes jealousy, sometimes taking for granted, sometimes co-dependence,
sometimes a 'team' to pay bills and maintain the family's needs, sometimes hatred...
More often than not, being "IN" love is replaced by "I love you", which can be very different things.
You can still say "I love you" and mean it and believe it while falling into any of the above categories I mentioned.
"I love you" can be for "all the years/experiences we've had" and not be IN love anymore, hearts beating, passion...

You know I'm a word-smith. Something people rarely realize is that passion is the opposite/complement of action.
Passion is passive, action is active. But people don't think that way - they think passion is active;
they try to DO passion instead of letting passion DO you.
You don't make yourself be IN love; you just find yourself IN love.
And why do we so frequently find ourselves OUT of love?
Because we falsely/mistakenly identify love with a personality.
We say "I am in love with Kim" or "I am in love with Greg".
But there is no "I" in love; the "I" is not what loves.
Love loves! And love loves itself! Love falls in love with love!
That's all that's ever happening! The "I"s just get in the way and fuck things up.
Love begins relationships and one "I" or two "I"s end them.
The "I" was never capable of love.
So "I" love "you" is doubly wrong and very difficult to maintain and even if you manage to
maintain it you probably fall out of love.

If two people could see that "Love loves Love" instead of "I love you", that could be an amazing relationship.
What freedom! What ease!

Please read these enlightened words of Kahlil Gibran on Love:
http://www.katsandogz.com/onlove.html

Think of how different the world would be if people knew that Love was loving love.
How could there be an ending to Love loving love?
There's only endings to "I love you".
Passion is passive. :)

It's the same with non-duality's perception on meditation:
If YOU are meditating, then you're doing it wrong.
Meditation does you.

Try applying the same PASSION to sex, work, etc...

Some of you may notice a conflict - "we're not supposed to let things DO us...
We're supposed to be in control, use our will, create reality and not be a victim of it..."

Are you sure? Consider how to exercise will without an "I". Can you do it?
This "I" will be the death of you.

Love loving love...
Life living life....
Sacrifice your free will. That is the secret.

I could go biblical on you :)

"Truly, truly, I say to you, a slave (the "I") is not greater than his master (love/Christ/God), nor is one who is sent greater than the one who sent him." John 13:16

“‘My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Father's hand. I and the Father are one.’ Again the Jews picked up stones to stone him, but Jesus said to them, ‘I have shown you many great miracles from the Father. For which of these do you stone me?’ ‘We are not stoning you for any of these,’ replied the Jews, ‘but for blasphemy, because you, a mere man, claim to be God.’” John 10:27-33

"Have this mind among yourselves, which is yours in Christ Jesus, who, though he was in the form of God, did not count equality with God a thing to be grasped, but made himself nothing, taking the form of a servant, being born in the likeness of men. And being found in human form, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross." Philippians 2:5-8

Ghislain
07-12-2012, 01:18 PM
"Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud or rude. Love does not
demand its own way. Love is not irritable, and it does not keep record of when it has been
wronged. It is never glad about injustice but rejoices when truth wins out. Love never gives
up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance. Love will
last forever."
Source: Love Has No Definite Meaning (http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6303341/1/Love_Has_No_Definite_Meaning)

“To bring love back into power, we need passion-fire. Desperately. With passion, love can live and
burn like a wildfire all over the world. Love has the power to convert this world and everything in it.
Love can burn all the hate down, and plant beauty in its place.

You are the light of the world. Love is the light of the world. It is important to know that if you love
truly, you will indeed find yourself in love, in a bubble of love and a ball of energy. When one is truly
in love, one lives in that bubble, that higher place, that heaven realm. So, if you are willing to enter
into the realm of love, you can be in heaven even while still living in the hell that this world can be. “
Source: Secret of Universal Love ( http://www.soulprogress.com/html/ArticlesFolder/Articles/secret-of-universal-love.html)

Love is a connection which has two poles, give and take. It is selfish to just give without taking for
you will leave no room for others to give. So taking is important too; it’s a balance.

I think that I am just starting to realise that the difficulty of pinning down what love is is the fact that
we try to pidgeon hole it. Love is not some romantic notion, it is a driving force; it drives everything
we do.

In the extract above it says, “We need passion-fire”. If you think of anything you have done that was
worthwhile you have probably stoked this fire. My fire is just smouldering right now...I am going to
get some air to it and fuel the flame :)

Ghislain

III
11-12-2012, 06:34 AM
In LIFE IN THE LABYRINTH by EJ Gold he says that ' "I love you" is technically equivalent to "We have ignition" '. Clymer points out that "LOVE" is more like ignition in a pile of coal as a single piece of coal does not sustain combustion. One needs a focus and reflector of LOVE to concentrate it. Clymer was teaching a tantric alchemy via B.P. Randolph. Tantric alchemy with a partner provides that which allows "ignition" or "lasing" as I have called it, or "lightning striking" via cooperation.

BE IN LOVE

Awani
01-19-2015, 11:54 PM
“I have loved in life and I have been loved.
I have drunk the bowl of poison from the hands of love as nectar,
and have been raised above life's joy and sorrow.
My heart, aflame in love, set afire every heart that came in touch with it.
My heart has been rent and joined again;
My heart has been broken and again made whole;
My heart has been wounded and healed again;
A thousand deaths my heart has died, and thanks be to love, it lives yet.
I went through hell and saw there love's raging fire,
and I entered heaven illumined with the light of love.
I wept in love and made all weep with me;
I mourned in love and pierced the hearts of men;
And when my fiery glance fell on the rocks, the rocks burst forth as volcanoes.
The whole world sank in the flood caused by my one tear;
With my deep sigh the earth trembled, and when I cried aloud the name of my beloved,
I shook the throne of God in heaven.
I bowed my head low in humility, and on my knees I begged of love,
"Disclose to me, I pray thee, O love, thy secret."
She took me gently by my arms and lifted me above the earth, and spoke softly in my ear,
"My dear one, thou thyself art love, art lover,
and thyself art the beloved whom thou hast adored.”
― Hazrat Inayat Khan, The Dance of the Soul

:cool: