PDA

View Full Version : Snow

Seth-Ra
02-13-2010, 01:33 AM
Not sure where to put this, so feel free to move it. :D

Im in the US, southern Alabama close to the Florida line, and today we got something we havent gotten since i was 5 years old in kindergarden, snow - and lots of it. :D
I needed to replace my rain supply, and the purity of snow is just to much to pass on, so i filled a large glass container with it (the snow in the container has little if any debris, but will be filtered anyway once its melts.)

But, my crown achievement of the day was building an alchemical snow statue of my favorite alchemy symbol: the crucified serpent. :cool:

After many attempts today (cause i only used snow, no sticks, no string, no nothing, but snow and my hands) i finally build a cross with that supported its own weight, and then added the serpent. Im quite happy with it. Its in the front yard on the stepping stones for all to see, standing about 3 feet tall. The grass and all thats in it is due to snow i used that was by some trees, but most of the snow has little debris, but i still thought id share with yall my sculpture and one of the most beautiful, purest form of water, from a place where this particular form rarely ever happens. :D

~Seth-Ra

Salazius
02-13-2010, 07:26 AM
Nice :)

Ghislain
02-13-2010, 07:29 AM
Seth

That is great considering you have not had much opportunity
to mold the snow before.

I put a picture below - nothing alchemical just a proud dad
showing off his sons work :) its a cat character he has drawn
since a young child called Lickz

http://forum.alchemyforums.com/picture.php?albumid=25&pictureid=128

Ghislain

Seth-Ra
02-13-2010, 07:40 AM
Wow Ghislain, that is pretty slick. :eek:

Yeah that was about my 3rd attempt at it, and im not used to handling snow, definitely not used to molding it. The hard part for me was getting the cross section to hold up, but i finally found the right balance between size and weight. :D

We rarely get snow on the gulf coast... the last time was roughly 14 years ago when i was 5, but even then it didnt snow as hard as today. We havent had this much since 1956 or '57. (Says my mom, as i wasnt around. ;) )
Its a lot of fun though, and there is a bit of arcane "magic" in the snow itself, and especially when one creates something from it. (IMO)

Im quite happy with it, though i think i coulda done better, but to be fair, i had minimal light also cause i made it at night. (Dad got me up to early, after the failed attempts i took a 3 hours nap, Dad and i played chess, we had dinner, i cleaned up, THEN got around to going back out and that time pulled it off. lol :D )

The snow i got in my jar is really pretty though. Its slowly melting and once it does i can begin work with it. ^.^

To me the best "feeling" of it though, was just reaching down and picking up materials from the ground and instantly applying them to a form and shape i needed, or to use to attach or patch something... truly alchemical for me - if only it happened more around here, but then i think id take it for granted so, its perfect in its own way. :cool:

Id love to see and hear anyone else's snow experiences. :)

~Seth-Ra

Ghislain
02-13-2010, 08:09 AM
Another thing about the snow is that
aparently no two flakes are the same :eek:

Can you imagine the researchers sitting in
the snow with a pair of tweezers cataloguing
each flake :D

Amazing

Ghislain

Seth-Ra
02-13-2010, 08:43 AM
Another thing about the snow is that
aparently no two flakes are the same :eek:

Can you imagine the researchers sitting in
the snow with a pair of tweezers cataloguing
each flake :D

Amazing

Ghislain

Very true, talk about a tedious job. :D

Thanks for mentioning the snow flakes, that brings up the other alchemical magic of the works of Dr. Emoto. The universe is vibration, the magic of the water is that its recording it and acting on it, so the question to ask ourselves is: what vibes you sending? :cool:

lol

"Power of life and death is in the tongue." So i guess then that the magic thusly lays with the ice. ;)

~Seth-Ra