PDA

View Full Version : A question of correlation

Phoenix
01-03-2009, 08:07 PM
This is a Phoenix-thread (http://forum.alchemyforums.com/showthread.php?t=7) from the old site (http://alchemy-forums.forumotion.com/forum.htm) created by lokitheclown.

Hey everyone, I'm Loki. This is my first post other than the Introduction.
I was raised Pentecostal. Ever since I was a kid when i"m at my parents house we say the Lord's Prayer before we eat dinner. Since I've been exposed to alchemy and the emerald tablet, I think I've noticed as have many others the similar teachings of Gnostic Gospels and those of Alchemy, the whole Rosicrucian element, the influence of the Jesuits, the whole bag. What I'm getting at is some of the similarities between the Lord's Prayer and the Emerald Tablet. I'm not going to get into the whole thing but i want those with the ears to hear and with a discerning eye consider these words from the Lord's Prayer:Thy Kingdom come,
thy will be done,
on earth as it is in heaven
Oh yes they correlate (in that way that most everything from the bible does- at least to me)...however it's much better in Latin:
PATER noster, qui es in caelis, sanctificetur nomen tuum. Adveniat regnum tuum. Fiat voluntas tua, sicut in caelo et in terra. Panem nostrum quotidianum da nobis hodie, et dimitte nobis debita nostra sicut et nos dimittimus debitoribus nostris. Et ne nos inducas in tentationem, sed libera nos a malo. Amen.
There's something green at Pentecost and on Gawain's shield that is quite interesting. Cheers...

Play_Dough
04-04-2009, 02:37 AM
This is a Phoenix-thread (http://forum.alchemyforums.com/showthread.php?t=7) from the old site (http://alchemy-forums.forumotion.com/forum.htm) created by lokitheclown.

Hey everyone, I'm Loki. This is my first post other than the Introduction.
I was raised Pentecostal. Ever since I was a kid when i"m at my parents house we say the Lord's Prayer before we eat dinner. Since I've been exposed to alchemy and the emerald tablet, I think I've noticed as have many others the similar teachings of Gnostic Gospels and those of Alchemy, the whole Rosicrucian element, the influence of the Jesuits, the whole bag. What I'm getting at is some of the similarities between the Lord's Prayer and the Emerald Tablet. I'm not going to get into the whole thing but i want those with the ears to hear and with a discerning eye consider these words from the Lord's Prayer:Thy Kingdom come,
thy will be done,
on earth as it is in heaven

Hi Phoenix!

I am in agreement with your observations, but only partially because they (referenced observations/comments) do not tell the entire tale but only an initial step in the practice of alchemy.

Perhaps the most germane event (one of them anyway) of The New Testament is 'The Last Supper". "The Last Supper" is a metaphor of the (spiritual) alchemical process whereby the 'stone' is 'consumed' by the ever expanding spirit.

As such (following the reasoning), Jesus Christ is not a 'singularity' but represents 'Man' (every person) and 'the human condition'.
Resurrecting 'the Christ' (The Gold) out of (from within the depths of) 'Jesus' the Man (The stone) captures (my opinion) the essence of alchemy.

There is, however, a great deal of very wiggy energy around religion and Christianity, generally. Neveretheless, The New Testament is an 'alchemical cookbook'; one of many.

As usual, the 'secrets' are very well disguised in the symbols used, and the ambiguity of the words become clarified once the symbols are comprehended.

Surrender to 'the One' is only the initial step. Perhaps this initial step is crucial to 'finding and possessing' the 'stone'. It is only then that the greater mystery unfolds. Otherwise, it is highly unlikely for one to even enter the alchemical cosmology (other than as a bystander) unless we allow ourselves to be (initially) 'mediated' (adjusted) by 'The One". (See, Emerald Tablet).

To read some of the alchemical literature and to be able to see similarities in The New Testament is, in my opinion, a revelation; even if one only reads (at least once) The New Testament as a philosophical tome containing an alchemical 'plot'.

The additional 'gist' of The New Testament is that it contains heavily veiled references to ancient astrology. The connection between alchemy and ancient astrology is not readily apparent until one investigates the temperment of the planetary energies, associated minerals, metals, etc., and how the movement of these energetics (in combinations) can and do produce personalized reactions and results that resemble (mirror) the alchemical processes of alchemy.

So, I am in agreement with you but what has been written here is not, by far, the entire matter. It is 'a starting place' which unfolds according to each individual's mental, emotional, intellectual and 'karmic' configuration(s).

Sometimes the 'dots' can be connected in curious and amazing ways that make sense only to one individual. That is all that is needed..... a spark.