PDA

View Full Version : ET Exegesis

Phoenix
01-03-2009, 08:18 PM
This is a Phoenix-thread (http://forum.alchemyforums.com/showthread.php?t=7) from the old site (http://alchemy-forums.forumotion.com/forum.htm) created by Aunt Clair.

Can we each try an exegesis of the ET ?

Here is my own exegesis of the Emerald Tablet;

http://www.occultofpersonality.com/wp-content/uploads/EmeraldTablet.jpg

I.humbly I tell you , but in truth , I have completed this Magnum Opus

IIa As it is above, so it is below .
IIb All of our universe is within each of us ; Every realm accessible by consciousness.
IIc To manifest the philosophers stone ,
IId from which all other things shall come ,
IIe meditation is the way we connect
IIf to Godhead , the Universal Mind , and the wisdom of the ages .
IIg For we must transmute our body to make this journey.

IIIa Father God is the right electric male white pillar of the Tree of Life
IIIb Mother Goddess is the left magnetic female black pillar the averse tree and the roots
IIIc Air is the Hermetic element we require . We must become air to make this journey .

IIId If we want to grow up and leave our nurse ,we project ourselves away from it
IIIe and expand our consciousness and return to Godhead while still living .
IIIf We become consecrated to the whole of the universe
IIIg if the strength of the energy body is perfected. Hermetically coloured as a rainbow,
IIIh returned to earth . But the gold is not there . Leave all the earth , become light as air .

IVa Remove the earth element , It's heavy and cumbersome . To ascend to heaven
IVb take from the subtle body just your consciousness ,not the gross weight of the body .
IVc Gently lift the spirit , project your consciousness ingeniusly ,not dully,recall projections.
IVd Go further still without earth or water;but retain fire. Heat air to lift lighter & higher.
IVe You will return to the body and all the earth shall be gone from you but only for now.
IVf The mind , soul and spirit will not be the same ,You will be
IVg more powerful now ,able to control the elements earth, fire , water below & air above

Va Now you can project to the whole universe and beyond the window on its edge.
Vb You will be able to clairvoyantly see without obscurity . You will see what you will.
Vc The greatest force of all powers is love.It removes the dark and makes it light.
Vd Every subtle body can become as light.All impediments, shadows, negativity & ego
Ve can be cleansed by this light and love.Even our stone , so solid , can be filled too.

VIa The universe is in each human .Every realm and every soul is connected there too .
VIb And this is not the end of the path ,but it is the beginning of great magick.
VIc This pattern repeats.There are more stones ,more tablets, more journeys to make.

VIIa Three times ! Remember this ;
green cobra red cobra golden tunnel
green lion red lion gold lion
green dragon red dragon gold phoenix
green toe red toe gold pinky
green tablet ,red tablet , gold tablet
VIIb right left middle , mind soul spirit .
VIIc This will make the golden stone of the sun but the path continues .
As the moon stone was the Lesser Work , the gold stone is the Great Work

==================================================

How do you become emerald as the tablet ?
remove the red male earth and the blue female water
remove the earth and the water by purging it out as prana and psi
from the palms , mouth , heart and heels
the fire and air are the only hermetic element left in your body now
use the fire in the male tan tien , heat the air up
to go higher still
become green as the air , it is hermetically green
remove the water , purge the earth and become as air
use the fire still to heat the air that is left
balance body, mind ,soul ,and spirit
become the Emerald Tablet
it will appear on the energy body hermetically
across the shoulders and across the hips and then as a tablet upon the chest
it can be seen clairvoyantly there
three times green ,three times red , and three times gold
three times for each work ; white, black and red
three tan tiens we begin with ; earth , moon and sun
three pillars we begin with ; right , left and middle
three paths we travel ; right ,left and middle

the flame on the heart will become gold but that is naught
the mantle on the shoulders of the aspirant become gold ;so what ?
the thumb will become gold but that is just pyrite
continue until there is gold on the tiny little finger on the glove of the magician
this is true magick ; then the magician will manifest the golden amoris
and you will become the golden sphinx
and you will project from the realms of the rhp
and across the abyss
to begin the realms of the left pillar
When you complete the left pillar you will manifest the Ruby Tablet
This is greater still but the works are not done .
Go three times again
This is the pattern
make the Golden Tablet by completing the Middle Pillar Path
Is it done then ?
No
The path is infinite and eternal
tread on
Great idea!

Here is my version (written a few years ago):

The Truth of Nature Known and Forgotten by All

Since the dawn of thought a Secret has been smitten with symbols, rituals and ceremony.
This Secret is a Truth in suffering because none is willing to reveal it, so here I do:

If you understand that you are a part of Everything and Everything is a part of you:
Then you will understand that nothing can Hate you and Everything should you thus Love.

The Universe is an Unfathomable Force, like your Mind, and in your frontal lobe you have the Key:
Your Third Eye, the Pineal Gland, which connects you with this Unfathomable Force of which you are a part

The Sun gives Energy to your Third Eye so give it plenty because the Sun symbolizes Energy and Health.
The Full Moon will aid the Great Power within because the Moon symbolizes Astral Travel and Imagination.
The Mind is connected to the collective mind; since all are One, so let it travel across the world like the wind.
Give the Mind healthy air and let it be creative.
Give your Body harmonious food and reconnect your Mind with the Unfathomable Force.
You will find it pulsating Everywhere and in Everything.

The Great Power that lies within will never loose its potency even if you shall re-discover it late in life.
This is because you controlled it unknowingly as a child: the Imagination.
Reality tore you away from this Great Power when the Physical Body embraced puberty.

Separate your Body from your Mind, the Invisible from the Visible.
This takes Skill but only if you succeed can you fully regain your lost Great Power.

Then you can travel with your Mind away from the Earth into the Universe and back again.
If your Skill is Great you will ‘truly’ be able to travel away from Earth, and into the Universe and back again.

Your Mind feeds of the Pulse of the Unfathomable Force.
Meditate and try and grab hold of this Pulse.

You will see that the True Existence is in the Mind and the Mind is stronger than the Body.
Perceive this and you will see this Truth:
That all is One of which you are a part, an Unfathomable Force, that created All and so did you.
This Force is in harmony with your Mind and there is no limit of what the Mind can do.

That which harbours the Creative Force that wrote these words is the same that gave life to the Great Power.
Humans call me Hermes, as if I physically existed on Earth or in the Beyond, but I am not he.
Instead I am the Mind.

The Mind that is part of Everything is thus part of the 3 Essentials of Existence:

The Body.
The Mind.
The Unfathomable Force.

When all 3 are in harmony Ecstasy is the Sum.
Know your Body, your Mind and the Force and that they are One.
When One the Third Eye shall shine forth from your head and See All.

This is all that needs to be said; therefore connect your Mind with the Rays of the Sun.

Thanks I like yours too . I would like to dedicate this thread to variant exegesis of the Emerald Tablet and discussion about them. I found this one by "Uncle Al" and I love it . This man had a brilliant and beautiful mind . I am glad that his magical legacy lives on beyond the aspersions of his decadence in later years .
The Emerald Table
BY ALEISTER CROWLEY

Utter the Word of Majesty and Terror

True without lie, and certain without error,

And of the essence of The Truth. I know

The things above are as the things below,

The things below are as the things above,

To wield the One Thing's Thaumaturgy -- Love.

As all from one sprang, by one contemplation,

So all from one were born, by permutation.

Sun sired, Moon bore, this unique Universe;

Air was its chariot, and Earth its nurse.

Here is the root of every talisman

Of the whole world, since the whole world began.

Here is the fount and source of every soul.

Let it be spilt on earth! its strength is whole.

Now gently, subtly, with thine Art conspire

To fine the gross, dividing earth and fire.

Lo! it ascendeth and descendeth, even

And swift, an endless band of earth and heaven;

Thus it receiveth might of duplex Love,

The powers below conjoined with those above,

So shall the glory of the world be thine

And darkness flee before thy SOVRAN shrine.

This is the strong strength of all strength; surpass

The subtle and subdue it; pierce the crass

And salve it; so bring all things to their fated

Perfection: for by this was all created.

O marvel of miracle! O magic mode!

All things adapted to one circling code!

Since three parts of all wisdom I may claim,

Hermes thrice great, and greatest, is my name.

What I have written of the one sole Sun,

His work, is here divined, and dared, and done

I like it too, yet nothing beats the original, but it is always good to see it from different perspectives.

Uncle Al does add that extra Omph to the text that only he can. It would have been cool if Austin Osman Spare (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Austin_Osman_Spare) had done one as well!

Any other takers, amongst the members, that have written their own version?

Phoenix
01-03-2009, 08:19 PM
Wiki: Aleister Crowley (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aleister_Crowley)

I thought I would have another go at an exegesis ;

http://www.occultofpersonality.com/wp-content/uploads/EmeraldTablet.jpg

Line 1.
I. Truly , without deceit , certain , and most veritable .
I humbly I tell you , but in truth , I have completed this Magnum Opus

Lines 2 & 3
That which is below corresponds to that which is above .
And that which is above corresponds to that which is below .
What we manifest in the Tree of Life above Mother Earth we manifest below in the Hanged Man or Tree of Death
As it is above , so it is below .
So too what is on the right manifests on the left
What is in the front is the same as what is on the back .
And this reflects the Lord's Prayer "On Earth as it is in Heaven "

Lines 4 & 5
To accomplish the miracles of the one thing
and just as all things come from this one thing
We shall create an energy body of light , our light garment , and make ourselves in the image of God to attain oneness which is Henios or Unio Mystica with source .And so humanity will slowly evolve building up its vibration and light quotient until the full measure of Godhead light can incarnate .

Lines 6, 7 & 8
And just as all things come from this one thing
through the meditation of one mind
so do all created things originate from this one thing .
through transformation
Source is what we seek , to first attain union with our monad and then to attain Kether and to have oneness with Source . We transform our energy body albeit for a temporary state so that we can expand our consciousness and invoke Godhead to dwell within us . Or we leave this vessel and project from the physical illusion body to attain union in the Higher Planes with Our Godhead . This transformation is to fill the body with light . We can also transform the polarity or elemental nature to temporarily ascend by purging the heavy elemental energies of earth and water and raising fire heat the resulting air and lift up out of the body higher still .

Lines 9 & 10
Its father is the sun
Its mother is the moon
The Tree of Life is our human energy body .Its trunk is our spine .

The lions beneath it are so named in the Ancient Vedic Literature , these are shaped like lions at the base of the spine . The lion is also an archetype of fire which represents our kundalini flames . It is our internal sun .The right side of the upper body is fire too , as is the right arm . The right side is the White Pillar of the Kaballah . It is Father Abba.The energy of the chest is the Sun Stone . The energy within its core is chi or vital essence . Fire is male like father .

The moon is high water energy . The Moon Stone is the name of the female tan tien at the head . It is our internal moon . The left side of the upper body is water too , as is the left arm . The left side is the Black Pillar of Kaballah .It is Mother Ama . The energy within its core is reciprocal and fire called Shen which lights the brow centre providing clairvoyance . Water is female like that parent that is a mother .

Lines 11 & 12
The Wind carries it in its belly .
Its nurse is the Earth
The belly is the Earth Stone m within it there is Earth energy elementally. The core of any stone is of a reciprocal elemental nature . This core develops between a pair of chakras nestled vertically in each stone . The core is not developed at birth it is lit up as the energy builds up its light quotient and becomes manifest . What suckles this core then ? Its nurse is the Earth energy which feeds it . The reciprocal energy of the Earthstone core is a form of wind . It is air energy which we require to carry us to lift us up in vibration and to project to the higher planes and to attain Kether in Mystic Projection .And as above so

Together are named the four elements : Wind Moon Sun and Earth .
These name four stones that contain them . Superior is the core essence within each stone .
The medieval alchemists names the Moon , Sun and Earth stones which are called by the Taoists
as the Female Tan Tien , The Tan Tien and the Male Tan Tien respectively . With two male and one female stone, the female stone of air is evidently missing . It manifests much later .

Location ...Name of Energy Storage Centre..Element ..Core Energy & Description
Above the crown ..Heavens Stone ........ Air........... Earth Xie Gratititude , Manifestation , Ascension
Head .....................Moon Stone................Water........Fire Shen Intuition , Clairvoyance , Psychic
Chest.....................Sun Stone...................Fire ..........Chi Vital Essence , Healing , Psi Constructs , Flow
Belly ......................Earth Stone.................Earth ........Ching , Regenerative , Power , Creative

Lines 13 , 14 . 15 & 16
It is the origin of all
the consecration of the Universe
its inherent Strength is perfected
if it is turned into Earth .
And "as above so below ", a stone manifests above the crown which is Air energy called the Heaven Stone the core within this develops Earth energy . This is a sign to look for when the Heaven Stone is manifest and its core becomes ripe . Fire is the holy male element , the light which consecrates us all throughout this local universe and the next ones . But Air is the holy female element which consecrates .Air is green and emerald like this Tablet .

All of our Universe is within each of us ; Every realm is accessible by consciousness within the body in the microcosm of the heart , and on the body in each the sephira of the Tree of Life . And the realms are in the macrocosm of the realms to which we can proejct out of the body .

Lines 17 , 18 & 19
Seperate the Earth from Heaven
the subtle from the Gross
gently and with great ingenuity
The energy body splits at the mirror which rises as the magician becomes more developed over time . Initially the mirror is absent . Then it manifests as thin akshic energy below the feet of the magician . Then when tuned in or switched on the mirror can rise at will to the waist . The head and chest are seen like a playing card king with no trunk or legs above or below but instead a mirror reflection of an upside down chest and head . This much lighter aspect of the energy body now separates from the heavy legs and trunk and so the subtle which is the subtle body layers become projected away from the gross and heavy physical body...

Lines 20 & 21
It rises from Earth to Heaven
and descends again to Earth
... and ascends ,albeit for a short time, in mystic projection upwards to Heaven to a Unio Mystica but then descends once more back to Earth to the body .

Lines 22 & 23
Thereby combining within it
the powers of both the Above and the Below
The powers of above are the powers of Godhead the powers of below are the powers of the mystic who attains Kether and Henios. This combining is the union that oneness .

Lines 24 & 25
Thus will you gain the glory of the Whole Universe .
All obscurity will be clear to you .
The glory of the Elohim realms , of Kether , of Shamballah and all the realms of the Universe all the gates of the sepiroth and qlippoth too shall be opened unto the magician in this manner . All obscurity is clear through clairvoyance to see what is unseen and through Esoteric Insight and intuition to know that which is hidden and occult .

Lines 26, 27 & 28
This is the greatest force of all powers
because it overcomes every subtle thing
and penetrates every Solid thing
This method to sit in meditative trance and to mystically project . It overcomes the barrier of the physical body and emancipates the subtle bodies . Freedom from the physical affords greater knowing , clairvoyance , clairaudience and remote viewing beyond any physical solid .

Lines 29 , 30 & 31
In this way was the Universe created
from this will come many wondrous applications
because this is the Pattern
Through mystic projection in meditative trance the angels , avatars and Mahatma may be seen and their lessons may be heard , and all realms may be attained to learn any manner of esoteric wisdoms and metaphysical skills .

Lines 32 , 33 & 34
Therefore I am called Thrice Great Hermes
having all three parts of the wisdom of the universe
herein I have completely explained the Operation of the Sun

The Lesser Work attains Silver . It is the Opus Minus which obtains the Akashic Moon .
The Greater Work attains Gold . It is the Major Opus which obtains the Golden Sun .
The Works appear done but they never will be . Go again upon this journey . The third path is eternal and infinite like the Stars .

Aunt Clair
03-26-2011, 12:57 PM
Culled from a thread at the new Franz Bardon Forum;
http://fbf.hermetics.com/index.php
Please join us there http://fbf.hermetics.com/index.php/topic,153.msg799/topicseen.html#msg799
Thanks for Your explanation. :)
My latest attempt at exegesis;
Truly without deceit certain and most veritable
Humbly I offer this truth which can be proven.

That which is Below corresponds to that which is above
and that which is Above corresponds to that which is Below
As above so below, as on the right so on the left,as within so with out , as in the sephiroth so in the qlippoth, as in heaven so on earth, as in the image of the elohim so in us.Do not attempt to ascend the branches without being willing to water and weed the roots of the tree of life. Without doing the qlippothic chores the Tree's growth will be stunted and there will not be far to climb.One can not ascend a bonzai despite its beauty, one needs to grow a towering giant of a tree.

To accomplish the miracles of the One Thing
And just as all things come from this One Thing
through the meditation of One Mind
so do all created things originate from this One thing
through Transformation.
The One Thing is union with the Divine Source to become the Greater Soul. It is the transformation through the development of the Philosopher's Stone within the Human Energy Body. This stone is a subtle energy which permeates the Tree of Life like a magical fertiliser. The stone is cultivated through meditation and henios. In the reunion with source it is cultivated

Its father is the Sun;
Its mother is the Moon
The Wind carries it in the belly.
Its nurse is the Earth.
It is the origin of all
the consecration of the Universe
Its inherent Strength is perfected.
If it is turned into Earth.
The Sun is the RHP and the chest and the noble fire energy and the product of the Great Work of the Sun or Magnum Opus. It is called the Father Abba on the Tree of Life. The Moon is the LHP and the head and the Little Work of the Moon or the Opus Minus. It is called the Mother Ama on the Tree of Life. The Wind is the noble air and it is the reciprocal of earth energy. Emerald Green Air is the treasured product of the Emerald Tablet. The tattwic energies manifest in this order in the human energy body;

red earth
blue water

+ yellow fire

salmon red earth
indigo blue water
orange fire
chartreuse green air

ruby red noble earth
silver moon noble water
golden sun noble fire
emerald green wind noble air

The red earth is first and it is the nurse of all subsequent elemental energies. It is the first and the origin and like the alpha and omega it is perfected into ruby red earth.

Bardon stated in IIH that the body is red male electric on the right on the right which is correct but he believed the right was fire and positive and that was inaccurate. He thought that the left was blue negative magnetic female energy which is correct but he did not go so far as to say that this was water.

When the energy body develops fire it is yellow and this colours up the body to become tetrapolar. The yellow sun rises on the right with the positive electric flow it recolours the red right leg into salmon pink orange red and it colours the arm as orange fire. The yellow sun sinks on the left with the negative magnetic flow and recolours the blue into an indigo as the red right spills into the left and the yellow sun sets, it colours the left leg chartreuse green. The sun warming the river causes the clouds and air rises in the magician's universe within their energy body. These clouds are base air and chartreuse green but there is a more noble one which is emerald called the wind.

In I Ching there is a hint that each element has a base passive and noble active state ;
earth mountain
lake river
fire volcano
air wind

In the energy body these are similar;
earth mountain
water moon
fire sun
air wind

The EarthStone is the belly of the subtle energy body. A core energy centre manifests between the orange and red chakras of the belly. The EarthStone is the nurse or nurturer of it core centre which is the reciprocal Wind. Within this core energy centre will manifest a seed which is the reciprocal of the Wind . The seed is a perfected earth; a ruby red noble earth. When this manifests then the magician is ready to transmute the Guardian Demon, within.

For a time the magician will ascend untethered but too soon they will descend again to the physical body and require further transmutation of the qlippoth with each ascension through the sephiroth.

Shall we call the ruby red seed found in earth the Philosopher's Stone ? But wait there's more !

Around the belly will manifest a clustered wheel of 4 stones of Earth energy called;
front salmon red EarthStone
back rose FatherStone
right ruby Guardian Demon DemonStone
left black Sphinx Bull Present HelStone

Around the head will manifest a clustered wheel of 4 stones of Water energy called;
front platinum blue MoonStone
back purple Universal Mind UniverseStone
right silver AmaStone
left sapphire Sphinx Eagle PastStone

Around the chest will manifest a clustered wheel of 4 stones of Fire energy called;
front yellow Higher Self SunStone
back amber Lower Self -Inner Child StarStone
right golden AbbaStone
left topaz Sphinx Lion future FutureStone

Above the crown will manifest a clustered supernal wheel of 4 stones of Air energy called;
front chartreuse Guardian Angel HeavenStone
back aqua MotherStone
right white CloudStone
left emerald Sphinx Angel eternal Philosopher's Stone;
The core of this emerald beauty is earth a ruby red noble earth and the seed of this core is a higher vibrational air energy.

The path is infinite and eternal . This is not the end.

Separate the Earth from Heaven,
the Subtle from the Gross,
gently and with great ingenuity
Separate the earth body from the heavenly body of light.
Separate the subtle energy body in projection from the gross matter physical body. Separate the heavier elements of water and earth to rise with fire heated wind.The magician separates from the earth body in the HeavenStone and project as the Guardian Angel within to connect to the ascending angelic consciousness.

It rises from Earth to Heaven
and descends again to Earth ,
thereby combining within its
the powers of both the Above and the Below
The magician attains henios, Kether, Samadhi for a time but will have to descend , eventually and continue to work to return.

Thus will you obtain the Glory of the Whole Universe
All Obscurity will be clear to you
This is the greatest Force of all powers
because it overcomes every Subtle thing
and penetrates every Solid thing.
As the magician meditates and mystically projects, the Siddhi powers of the body are magnified and the magician develops sufficient clairvoyance and clairaudience to attain lessons from the Mahatma in projection to the realms. The magician will see in remote view through any wall , across any ocean, on any planet.When the operation of the sun is completed then the wick of the female tan tien in the MoonStone will be primed with golden Shen and clairvoyance is perfected.

In this way was the Universe created.
From this will come many wondrous Applications
because this is the PATTERN.
The pattern of the human energy body development continues on a naturally occurring predictable continuum. The Wheel of Life for example doubles manifesting in this order; 1, 2 , 4, 8 . The pattern is to complete the work on one's plate the top and the bottom of that plate must be washed. The branches cannot be climbed unless the roots have been weeded and watered.
The Pattern;
Earth , Water, Fire , Air
right , left , middle , supernal

Earth , Water, Fire, Air
belly, head, chest , supernal

.............Earth , Water,
.........right side, blue left side,

..............Earth, Water, Fire , Air,
salmon right leg,indigo left leg,orange right arm, chartreuse green leg,

..............Earth , Water, Fire, Air, Moon
right hand;
....salmon middle, indigo ring, orange pinky,chartreuse index,silver thumb

..............Earth , Water, Fire, Air, Sun
left hand;
rose index, purple pinky, orange ring , aqua middle,golden thumb

All of the universe is within and with out in the microcosm of the heart and the macrocosm of the greater astral.

Therefore am I called Thrice Greatest Hermes
having all three parts of the wisdom of the Whole Universe
Herein have I completely explained the Operation of the Sun.

The operation of the sun is to develop golden sun through the body through the spine and into the limbs and phalanges. It is to develop the higher noble fire which primes the female tan tien with Shen. When this wick is filled with golden fire Shen then the magician develops great clairvoyance.
[QUOTE]
Thanks for Your explanation.
Where did You get this knowledge?
ps. It's impossible to attain Kether..

There are several goals in Kaballah. Attaining ;
*Wisdom
*Understanding
*Knowledge
*Compassion
*Mercy
*Tolerance
*Enlightening the soul
*Raising the vibration
*Becoming greater in love and willingness to serve humanity and Mother Earth
*Reunion with Source in Kether
*et cetera

All of these are possible! Kaballah is received and revealed occult knowledge . Kaballah is an ongoing infinite and eternal path. Kether is attained for a time and then the next visit affords greater insight and a longer stay. After Kether has been attained the Kaballahistic Magician will attempt to attain it again and to be able to stay in this state of consciousness with Godhead longer each time. It has been written that the greatest were able to walk in a state of Kether.

I cannot walk in Kether but I can attain it and I have done so with peers in circle . Optimally the magician should project out of the body to Kether during a Kundalini Flame as their soul is purged for a time and in that higher vibration it is easier to attain Kether.

I attain occult wisdoms by ;
*daily meditation
*contemplation
*compassion and love
*service
*yoga
*mystic projection to the Higher Planes
*healing self and others
*evocation of angels and cosmic teaching spirits
*developing clairvoyance and clairaudience
*attending to the angels and teachers who arrive in circle
*gathering and treasuring peer magicians and learning together with each other in circle online and at home

The Emerald Tablet is a recipe . It teaches albeit best in hindsight how to project past the Higher Planes to the realm of Barbello, The Realm of the Elohim. The Devic Plane and of course to Kether. Of course any plane of consciousness can be attained in the body as in the microcosm of the heart and later in the brain and belly, on the body in a sepiroth, through the body by projecting from a particular energy centre that has been entered and out of the body in OBE.

A Mystic Projection out of the body will attain the best results . When the magician attains the Higher Planes and those supernal to the Higher Planes , then they will be greeted by the cosmic teaching spirits called Mahatma, Avatars, Angels and Godhead.

Anyone can learn to do this by transmutation of the human energy body from a heavy negative state of earth and water to a more enlightened tetrapolar state . Transmutation occurs through experience , practice and development. Metaphysical experiences should be varied including but not limited to transmutational yoga;i.e. Kriya, Kundalini , daily meditation, and out of body projection and control of the Hermetic Elemental energies.

EARTH is reds,rose,browns and blacks;............. negative, dark, damp,warm heavy, electric, and male .
WATER is blues, indigos , purples and silvers; negative, dark, wet,cold,... heavy , magnetic and female.
FIRE is yellows, oranges and goldens;...........positive, bright, dry,hot,.....light, electric and male.
AIR is greens, aquas and whites ;.................positive, bright , damp, cool, light , magnetic and female.

Practice should include right thought, words and actions as well as loving service. Development of the human energy body occurs with a state of grace attained in loving service , healing , teaching , becoming God's hands and feet and shoulder to cry on here on Earth.

To learn to control the elements become the purple hermaphrodite. Draw
WATER and EARTH energies together the red electric and blue magnetic form a higher vibration of electromagnetic purple. This can be done by drawing energy down the left side from crown to toes and out the left heel then draw it up the right ball and instep to the right side and continue in this energy loop until the body is not red on right and blue on left but it is entirely purple then purge this from the body emptying it from effluent energy centres ; third eye, mouth, front of heart , hands, heels. The seemingly empty energy body is now attuned to AIR as it expands and fills the energy body with lifting energy. The Magician will draw up FIRE energy from Mother Earth through the ball and instep and this will heat the AIR lifting the mystic energy body out of the crown and up the shaft of universal light to the supernal sepiroth.

Simply put ; purge earth and water and heat the remaining air energy by drawing up more fire.

This will propel the magician out of the body through the crown up the funnel of universal light to the supernal sepiroth.

This is the recipe of the Emerald Tablet.

Aunt Clair
03-26-2011, 05:39 PM
culled from my reply to a VS Thread here ;http://forums.vsociety.net/index.php/topic,16263.15.html

http://www.azothalchemy.org/
The Emerald Tablet does relate to the Pater Noster and the KBLH is defined largely by the original prayer.The Pater Noster or Our Father Lord's Prayer was a Hebrew Prayer modified by Christ and taught in Aramaic with a non gender specific term for Godhead at the Sermon on the Mount so it occurs in the Torah and in the NT in a few places.
http://www.thenazareneway.com/lords_prayer.htm

( Abwűn)"Oh Thou, from whom the breath of life comes,
( d'bwaschmâja) who fills all realms of sound, light and vibration.
(Nethkâdasch schmach) May Your light be experienced in my utmost holiest.( Tętę malkuthach.) Your Heavenly Domain approaches.
( Nehwę tzevjânach aikâna d'bwaschmâja af b'arha.)
Let Your will come true - in the universe [all that vibrates]
just as on earth [that is material and dense].
(Hawvlân lachma d'sűnkanân jaomâna.)
Give us wisdom [understanding, assistance] for our daily need,
(Waschboklân chaubęn wachtahęn aikâna daf chnân schwoken l'chaijabęn.)
detach the fetters of faults that bind us, [karma] like we let go the guilt of others.( Wela tachlân l'nesjuna)Let us not be lost in superficial things [materialism, common temptations], ela patzân min bischa.but let us be freed from that what keeps us off from our true purpose.(Metol dilachie malkutha wahaila wateschbuchta l'ahlâm almîn.) From You comes the all-working will, the lively strength to act, the song that beautifies all and renews itself from age to age. Amęn. Sealed in trust, faith and truth.
[I confirm with my entire being]
Here is one source in Matthew 6:9 ;
Our God (KETER)in heaven hallowed be thy name thy kingdom (MALKUT )
come thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven ( MALKUT as it is in KETER )
give us this day our daily bread and forgive us [Netza] our sin as we forgive those who sin against us and lead us not into temptation but deliver us from evil for thine is the kingdom , the power (GEBURAH)
and the glory (TIFERET)
forever and ever. Amen.
The naming of the sephiroth comes from a few sources of sacred text including from;
1 Chronicles 29:11 Thine, O Lord, is the greatness, and the POWER (GEBURAH), and the GLORY(TIFERET), and the VICTORY(NETZAH), and the MAJESTY(HOD): for all that is in the heaven and in the earth is thine; thine is the KINGDOM kingdom, O LORD, and thou art exalted as HEAD (KETER) above all.
&
Exodus 31:3 And I have filled him with the spirit of God (KETER), in WISDOM (CHOKMA), and in UNDERSTANDING (BINAH), and in KNOWLEDGE (DAAT)..

Each sphere corresponds to a place on the human energy body and an elemental nature IMHO ;

KETER means crown and implies as in Godhead; LUX HEAVEN/Head
MALKUT the dominion or kingdom; TETRAPOLAR EARTH/right hip [and right leg]

BINAH means understanding, Abba; AMORIS /supernal over right shoulder
CHOKMAH means wisdom,Ama;AKASHA/supernal over left shoulder

GEBURAH means power; FIRE/right shoulder [and right arm]
CHESED means glory ;WATER/ left shoulder [and left arm]

HOD means majesty;EARTH/right hip[and right leg]
NETZA means victory;AIR/left hip[and left leg]

TIFERET means beauty; AMORIS SUN/
YESOD means foundation;AKASHA MOON/

DAAT means knowledge and implies hidden knowledge; core of moonstone/brow centre

1. Tis true without lying, certain most true.[Gedulah]
2. That which is below
is like that which is above
that which is above
is like that which is below
to do the miracles of one only thing.(Keter)
3. And as all things have been arose from one(Tetrapolar Earth Malkut)
by the mediation of one: so all things have their birth(Malkut)
from this one thing by adaptation.[all everything=Chol]
4. The Sun is its father(Binah & Yesod)
the moon its mother,(Chokma & Tiferet)
5. the wind (Air =Netza)
hath carried it in its belly, the earth(Hod)
its nurse(Tiferet & Binah).
6. The father of all perfection(Keter)
in the whole world is here.(Malkut)
7. Its force or power(Geburah)
is entire if it be converted into earth (Hod & Malkut).
7a. Separate thou the earth from the fire (Geburah),
the subtle from the gross sweetly (Tiferet)
with great industry(Yesod).
8. It ascends from the earth (Malkut)
to the heaven (Keter)
again it descends to the earth (Hod & Malkut)
and receives the force (Geburah)
of things superior(Yesod)
and inferior(Tiferet,).
9. By this means ye shall have the glory(Chesed)
of the whole world(Malkut)
thereby all obscurity(Daat )
shall fly (Netza)
from you.
10. Its force (Geburah)
is above all force. (Geburah)
for it vanquishes (victory=Netza)
every subtle thing (Tiferet)
and penetrates every solid thing.(Yesod)
11a. So was the world created.(Malkut)
12. From this are and do come admirable adaptations (foundation=Yesod)
whereof the means is here in this.
13. Hence I am called Hermes Trismegist, having the three parts of the
philosophy of the whole world.(Malkut)
14. That which I have said of the operation of the Sun (Binah & Yesod)
is accomplished and ended. (Keter is attained)

...wouldn't "All things arose from one" be attributed to Keter, not Malkut?

That last section is prefaced IMHO it is not fact it is my own exegesis at that time.Keter is above things do not rise from it . It is the divine emanation and Malkut is the dominion the Earth below which is considered tetrapolar in nature . Because Malkut shines back the sphere above it can be considered by some to be akashic Moon , Ether and Holy Spirit. Those make sense . But it is the naming seems out of place in my mind. There are basal levels of elements and higher vibrations of these. For example Fire and Sun , Water and Moon, I distinguish two earth energies on the tree.( because Malkuth is in the belly and then below the feet of the magician and then it rises when the gates open in the sun. I don't see a reason to nominate planets to the Tree of Life but qualities of Earth, Moon and Sun make sense to me.

The mystic will receive their own KBLH .

Arcathus;The Kabballah( as I interpret it) Is not a system of categorizing but instead an illustration of the connectivity of all things. The unfortunate aspect of discussion that forces the Kabballah onto all other systems of thought is not done inherently by the system itself but by those who utilize it. Many people make the mistake of interpreting personal revelations as absolutes. The Kabballah provides a path or blue print of descending and ascending consciousness which can be followed to allow each single person who utilizes it to find their personal path to the HGA or augoeides or whatever else you want to call the higher self.

*to aunt clair- I have a statement and wish no disrespect, but I also believe your interpretations to be misguided. Not to say that personal interpretations are ever wrong, but just as you can not force the kabballah on to all things(The greatest example of this is the comparison of the chakras to the middle pillar, they do not coincide and are viewed as two differing energy systems) you cannot force your own views into the kabbalah. There is a reason for Tipharet being the sun and Yesod being the moon. Tipharet is below Kether(and the non sphere of daath) in the middle pillar as a reflection of the highest divine creative force of Kether, Tipharet is the "sun" within us, just as the sun in the sky is symbolic of the highest creative power and brings us the light necessary for life. And Yesod is the reflection of Tipharet just as the moon shines by the reflected light of the sun. Mystical interpretations hold the most influence when and because they represent natural phenomenon and reflect the laws of the universe.

As to the statement that Kether is above and nothing arises from it, I must reply that the tree of life has its roots in the heaves and grows down to the earth, and the attribution of emanation implies that in fact all things emanate or come from Kether.

I find instead that the Tree of Life is not complete without the stones, the chakras, the sepiroth and Kundalini channels on the spine.

The energy centres can be observed clairvoyantly ; sepiroth are tiny minor chakras which can be seen on the joints of shoulders, hips and along the spine. There are energy centres on the spine , the joints and supernal and infernal energy centres as well.

Chakras are the size of a mandarin to grapefruit depending on the size and age of the physical body.Sepiroth are spherical too but they are the size of a grape to a mandarin. KBLH is Jewish but the Tree of Life and the Energy Body are universal. The magician needs to understand the beauty of Jewish Mysticism and the pragmatic systems of Yoga and Tao in order to successfully use the Tree of Life to scaffold and attend Samadhi/Kether at will.

The Emerald Tablet is a recipe to complete three Alchemical works including the Opus Minor the Little Work of the Moon to develop Akasha in the energy body channels and to control Akasha, and the Magnum Opus the Great Work to develop . These are the works of the Earth, Sun and Moon.Each of these major works have stages including the
They originally described four stages;

Melanosis (Blackening)Opus Nigredo
Leukosis (Whitening)Opus Albedo
Xanthosis (Yellowing)Opus Citrinitas
and Iosis (Reddening)Opus Rubedo
and Cauda Pavonis Tail of the Peacock rapid rainbow colouring

The basic Hermetic recipe alluded to in the Emerald Tablet is to purge Earth energies , flush out residual Earth with Water energies, Raise more Fire to heat the remaining energy , the air heated with fire will lift the magician out of the body and improve their clairvoyance and clairaudience so that they can attain Samadhi/Kether in Unio Mystica for a time. That is the completion of the Great Work but the path is infinite and eternal.

The Emerald Tablet does not need KBLH , it is an alternate methodology. However, braiding the Emerald Tablet , Hermetic Magick , Vedic /Hindu Chakras & Kundalini , energy work, meditative trance, and Kaballah will manifest and facilitate the scaffolding required for Ascension Alchemy.

Kaballah is the Stairway to Heaven, Jacob's Ladder and the Tree of Life. It is a scaffolding but it is incomplete .

Vedic literature is brilliant concerning chakras, kundalini and asana to attain meditative trance and visions but it is incomplete.

Contemporary energy work and astral projection is incomplete.

But by a holistic approach braiding these and the practices that one will, then the magician can engage fully in the legacy of the Godhead which is Ascension Alchemy.

It does not matter how the ladder is used if it gets you back to Kether.
And the Emerald Tablet makes a brilliant scaffolding to attain Unio Mystica with or without the KBLH.Even at the inception some argue to start at Kether others start at Malkuth.

But the Tree of Life is an inductive and deductive path.Some are confident that the spheres must be walked in a specific order others know that the universe will provide the curriculum and that they will ascribe that experience to a specific sphere and know where they have been lead.

Some only read the words, some contemplate upon them, some sit in meditative trance and attain visions concerning the path of KBLH, some project into their energy body tree and out from the spheres to provide an exegesis, some know it so intimately that they reach a hand out to teach others how to climb it.KBLH mean received knowledge. It is the end goal of Kether/Samadha that we seek but it is what we learn on the way in our pathworking that integrates into our physical lives causing a change in our demeanour.

And some say that we have to walk it twice, others 3 times, others say once for each level and others know that the path is eternal and infinite...

I find that the Jewish wisdoms of KBLH are the best that the world has had to offer but these are incomplete . It can not be ignored that the Tree began before Judaism existed and it is universal mapping for occult pathworking to attain esoteric wisdoms. And it should not be ignored that the Tree is about the Divine Masculine and the Divine Feminine and the neither gendered Divine Sentient Light it would be sad to hop on one leg up the right side only.

I would like SKS to explain to me about the prescribed paths of Judaic KBLH . What I mean by this is the; who, what, when, where, why and how concerning the connections between the spheres.

To get back to the OT ; what about the numbering of the steps and their relation to the Emerald Tablet . Who can explain the 22 paths of Netivot, please ? Each of 22 paths corresponds to a Hebrew letter and a Tarot card, I get that much. But I would like to learn a lot more about the ordering and if it does corresponds to the Emerald Tablet in it enumeration.I found this link http://cosmicnavigator.com/about/kabbalah/find-your-path-through-kabbalah
What do you think about it, does that make sense ? Is it traditional in its approach?
An attempt to break apart the Emerald Tablet into 22 steps and link it to Tarot and the Hebrew Alphabet;
http://forums.riverofenlightenment.com/index.php/topic,3982.msg11349/topicseen.html#new

Aunt Clair,
I think you would find a great deal of the information you are looking for in Aryeh Kaplan's books "Meditation and Kabbalah" as well as "Sefer Yetzirah". More so in Sefer Yetzirah, but it may not make complete sense without first having read Meditation and Kabbalah. It explains the lettering system and its origins and purpose on the paths.

Those two books also give a more clear view of Kabbalah without being altered for hermetic ideas and magic from a modern perspective. They also give many of the older uses of Kabbalah and the Tree.

Oh, and from my own perspective, I do not see a direct correspondence between the Emerald Tablet, and the paths per se. You can see that the tablet is like a cliff notes version of the basic ideas needed to understand the magical abilities of Kabbalah though.

It is almost an even MORE truncated version of the Sefer Yetzirah, which is itself a cliff notes version of a vast knowledge.

Quote from: Animus on October 25, 2010, 11:17:27 AM
Aunt Clair-

I have not heard before of your attribution "all everything = chol." What is Chol?
The naming of the sepiroth come from attributes or names of Godhead these are sourced in a few places of sacred scripture including from
1 Chronicles 29:11
Here is the Hebrew Translation ;
http://biblos.com/1_chronicles/29-11.htm

In the Emerald Tablet the line ;
so all things have their birth from this one thing
echoes the name for God CHOL which is everything from one
so I included it herein. It is not an official name for a sepiroth. There are many sacred names for God which are not yet attached to the Tree of Life formally.The Tree is universal and grows larger and taller and broader in each subsequent generation .

The Djed or Tet began as 1 perhaps in Sumer perhaps in Babylon , Akkadia or Egypt but there was 1 Axis Mundi then 2 genders of God right and left sides then 4 from 1 as a Hermetic set of elements and the sons of Horus and the 4 tiers on the backbone in the Rites of Isis and Osiris. But on the Indus Peninsula where the gorgeous Vedic texts were being recorded by mystic sages there was also a rite of regeneration not with Isis and Osiris but with Shakti and Shiva . So the myths tell the tale across all ancient societies and it is so difficult to discern who got that next step.

So a pair of ebony and ivory pillars representing sun/day/God and moon/night Goddess gave us 8. Yggdrasil gave us 9. The Hebrew Tree gave us 10 ,Isaac of Luria hung the space of Daath upon the tree for 11 emanations.

But in my humble opinion the Tree soon became 12 The Hidden is paired with the Invisible at the two eyes and not in the space between them.

Then the gonads,ears, palms and soles manifest strong energy centres which could be called minor chakras and new sepiroth ;

1 supernal Crown
(2 ears)
2 eyes
2 hands upon our shoulders
2 shoulders
(2 palms)
(1 Moon at Head centre at Third Eye )
1 Sun at Chest centre of Heart
1 Earth at Belly centre at Naval
2 hips crown the legs of earth and air
(2 soles of the feet to walk the walk and be the feet of God )
(2 gonads balance the flow of prana stirring healing , life and regeneration)
where ( ) indicates non traditionally named sepiroth

Hermetic Sets ;
4 Crowns
Above the Head Crown of Goddess KETER Crown AIR white & emerald
Above Right Shoulder BINAH Understanding FIRE golden
Above Left Shoulder CHOKMAH Wisdom WATER silver
Below Perineum Throne Of God MALKUTH Kingdom EARTH rainbow & ruby

4 Joints crown the Limbs
Right Shoulder GEBURAH Power FIRE orange
Left Shoulder CHESED Mercy WATER indigo
Right Hip HOD Splendour EARTH salmon red
Left Hip NETZACH Victory AIR chartreuse green

4 Stones............................................ .....................4 Cores
HeavenStone AIR Pastel Green *..................... Xie EARTH Ruby
MoonStone WATER Platinum Blue *...................... Shen FIRE Golden
SunStone FIRE Pastel Yellow...TIPARETH beauty.Chi WATER Purple
EarthStone EARTH Rose ..............YESOD Foundation.Ching AIR Emerald

Where * indicates not traditionally named sepiroth. It seems to me that these other centres above which are closely related to the named centres are equally as important.

These are other energy centres which colour up clairvoyantly;

4 Wheels of the Merkabah, Cherubim , Chariot of Fire
Right Eye DAATH Knowledge (hidden )EARTH rose
Left Eye * Spirit (invisible)AIR aqua
Right Gonad * FIRE amber
Left Gonad * WATER purple

4 Limbs
Right Arm & Hand FIRE orange
Left Arm & Hand WATER indigo
Right Leg & Foot EARTH salmon red
Left Leg & Foot AIR chartreuse green

4 Sets of 4 Phalanges Index Middle Ring Pinky
Rt Hand AIR chartreuse EARTH salmon WATER indigo FIRE orange
Lt Hand EARTH white AIR aqua FIRE amber WATER purple
Rt Foot FIRE yolk WATER lavender EARTH bread brown AIR olive
Lt Foot WATER plum FIRE golden apple AIR fig green EARTH pomegranite

4 Thumbs and Big Toes
Right Thumb WATER akasha silver
Left Thumb FIRE amoris golden
Right Big Toe EARTH love ruby
Left Big Toe AIR peace emerald

4 Palms and Soles
Right Palm WATER sapphire
Left Palm FIRE topaz
Right Sole AIR white
Left Sole EARTH black

7 Chakras
Violet ~WATER
Indigo ~WATER
Blue ~WATER
(Aqua) ~AIR
Green ~AIR
Yellow ~FIRE
Orange ~FIRE
Red ~EARTH
(Rose) ~EARTH

Aunt Clair
03-26-2011, 05:42 PM
AD thread
http://forums.astraldynamics.com/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=16008&p=144937#p144937

...it is nevertheless important to pay due respect to the power the different spiritual traditions have by not muddling them up with our own ideas and beliefs, and projecting on to them what we want them to be,

It is natural and necessary to view new experiences based upon what is already known and understood, this is called metasynthesis and it is an aspect of mature learning. It is not "muddling"about.

rather than taking the time and effort to understand them for what they really are.

But, if someone would have taken the time and effort to read eclectically about the Emerald Tablets they would certainly have discerned that Alchemy has branches of plant, metal and Hermetic Magick.

Hermetic Alchemy is an ancient mystical path having a basis in the ancient cultures in ; Egypt , India, Greece, Middle East , Asia, Europe et cetera .

It is very important to understand that this sacred text comes out of the Hermetic alchemical tradition, and it is so important, for real understanding, to place the text within that context, rather than removing it from its context and placing it in whatever frame of beliefs you happen to be into.

The Bible is a sacred text although there is written within one of its books what has been called the 'Biblical Emerald Tablet';http://forums.riverofenlightenment.com/index.php/topic,1892.msg12449.html#msg12449
...the Emerald Tablet itself is not a sacred text.

The Emerald Tablet is a few lines of cryptic text which demonstrates a Hermetic method for the magician to complete;

*the Little Work aka Opus Minus aka Work of the Moon to manifest Akasha

* the Great Work aka Magnum Opus aka Work of the Sun to manifest golden fire energy aka Sun or Amoris.

http://www.alchemywebsite.com/images/atal17.jpg

* and the culmination of the Emerald Works which manifests a noble Air energy to begin projection of consciousness to the Higher Planes, Kether, the Elohimic Realms and further Alchemical Ascension.

The Emerald Tablet is about Hermetic Philosopher Ascension Alchemy and not about Metal Alchemy.

You would not take the Lord's Prayer and place it in the context of modern UFOology cults, saying that whoever wrote that was praying to space aliens. This would be ridiculous and would be demeaning both to yourself and to the Christian spiritual tradition.

The Emerald Tablet is not sacred. It is merely one text used by Hermetic Alchemists whom are not of any particular religion. Jews, Muslims and Christians have completed the Alchemical Works so have pagans, and wiccans et cetera. Each culture has been able to climb the Tree of Life. Each culture can complete the Emerald Tablet, too.

It is weird how commonly even the word "alchemy" is misused and thrown on as a label for almost every conceivable spiritual exercise. This makes it very difficult for the average seeker to understand what legitimate alchemy is, as it has been known throughout the centuries.

That ONE "Legitimate Alchemy" does not exist and never did. But Plant and Herb Alchemy, Metal Alchemy and Hermetic Alchemy do exist. Alchemy is a transmutational pathworking concerning changing the base nature to a sublime one.

Metal Alchemy is based upon searching for a way to change lead to gold.

Hermetic Alchemy is based upon finding a way to manifest the alchemical Moon and Sun within the human energy body, to attain henios and to build up the light quotient of the human energy body from base primitive unaware man in the leaden state to a state of golden enlightenment and self realization. It involves the evocation of the 4 archangels or the 5 helpers

http://www.alchemywebsite.com/images/bonus11.jpg

and the control of the 5 tattwas of the ancient Hindu Sacred Texts.

It is the synthesis, amalgamation and integration of eclectic sacred texts and alchemical texts of this world met in reading and contemplation and in the next as met in meditation, mysticism and projection. Kabballah is one example of a spiritual pathworking towards ascension , the Emerald Tablet is another.

This has to do I think with how most people using the word ascribe any spiritual or energetic transformation (especially from a lower frequency to a higher one) to “alchemy”. The inherent problem is that this isn’t necessarily wrong.

That's because it isn't wrong, at all. It is the definition of the practice. Ascension of the consciousness, enlightenment and self realization is the reason for Hermetic Alchemy.

But exactly how the ancient alchemists understood the principles, mechanics, and nature of this transformation brings us into a very specific and precise doctrine and set of practices; a unique methodology all its own. So, unfortunately, the more modern, very generalized (yet not incorrect) definition has occluded the specificity of the tradition itself.

Please elucidate that "specificity of the tradition itself" .

The Emerald Tablet is simply an exceedingly concise teaching on the alchemical formula of "Solve et Coagula" (which takes a lifetime - if you're lucky - to really understand and master). This is the formula that stands at the heart of all laboratory work and operations. There is a little theory going around that all the work in the lab was just a metaphor for the "real, spiritual, inner process". This is utter nonsense and easily shows itself to be so, if we only just take a brief look at the actual lives of the alchemists.

A quick squiz of the Alchemy Web by Adam Mclean should demonstrate that Hermetic Philosophers were alchemists of the soul and mind and not of metal and toxins with a curious glass apparatus or two.

They were all actively involved in working with matter - from Morienus to Nicholas Flamel to Fulcanelli.

Actually, that is incorrect. On the Alchemy Web of Adam Mclean you will find art by mystics who never messed about with metal alchemy at all.

Jacob Boehme, for example is a noted mystic alchemist. His drawings demonstrate how to transmute the energy body for the expansion of consciousness . He created a map of the celestial planes. He is much more like Robert Monroe than like a metal alchemist.

In fact, Nicholas Flamel was also a philosopher;

http://www.alchemywebsite.com/images/amcl154.jpg

Thurneisser was a Hermetic Mystic Alchemist
http://www.alchemywebsite.com/prints_series_thurneisser.html

http://www.alchemywebsite.com/images/amcl_th02.jpg

Tetrapolar Hermetic Limbs coloured as Air, Fire, Water, Earth

http://www.alchemywebsite.com/images/amcl_th08.jpg

Subtle energy body auric layers

Mylius was a Hermetic Mystic Philosopher Alchemist . He wrote
"Philosophia Reformata",
http://www.alchemywebsite.com/prints_series_mylius.html

http://www.alchemywebsite.com/images/amcl_my17.jpg

MY17. Engraving 17 from, J.D. Mylius Philosophia reformata, Frankfurt, 1622
Using Fire and Air to lift the magician from heavy water body

http://www.alchemywebsite.com/images/amcl_my01.jpg

A pictoral exegesis of the Emerald Tablet

http://www.alchemywebsite.com/images/amcl_my02.jpg

Qabalistic Cross and control of 4 Hermetic elemental energies
and another philosopher's pictoral exegesis of the ET

http://www.alchemywebsite.com/images/atal02.jpg

LaBugia was another philosopher alchemist.

http://www.alchemywebsite.com/images/amcl_lb05.jpg

Drain the body of water dry it out to fly

Frerer was a Christian Mystic Hermetic Alchemist

In this image of the Spinal Tree of Life he illustrates the stones or energy sections of the Tree of Life ;

http://www.alchemywebsite.com/images/amcl_freher10.jpg

HeavenStone ~ supernal
MoonStone ~ head
SunStone ~ chest
EarthStone ~ belly
HelsStone ~ infernal

Just as Hermetic Alchemists today do not bother with poisons and metals or trying to make lead into gold, anciently there have been Philosophers who did not meddle with metal alchemy, either.

The Philosopher's Stone is afterall for Philosophers and this has always been the case. The Emerald Tablet, Hermetic art, Tarot Cards, The Kabballah and the Ten Step Path of the Magician are the scaffolding used today by Hermetic Philosopher Alchemists.

All were involved in studying and utilizing physical processes with physical substances in an actual, physical laboratory

Google and learn. Alchemy has been pursued by mystics without any physical laboratory workings since ancient times. For example , Rabbis who studied Kabballah did not try to spin lead into gold like Rumplestiltskin spun straw.Instead, they fasted, contemplated, meditated and studied and some of these projected as mystics. This is the alchemy of the ancients.

This is not to say that there isn't an inner, spiritual side to the work. But this "philosophical" side was always hand-in-hand with the manual labor. In fact, there is every reason to believe that they saw the manual labor as inherently spiritual and philosophical in and of itself. Our problem is that we are living in a world where science and spirituality have become divorced (although thanks to quantum physics, this is slowly being resolved), but this is only a recent fracture, stemming mostly from the impact Descartes' ideas have had in our world.

I don't think ancient Eygptians knew what a Bain Marie was. Do you ? But they did wrap the organs of the mummified into a Hermetic set of 4 ,Sons of Horus headed Canopic jars and they did have a Tree of Life and a belief in ascension of consciousness on earth and in the afterlife.

So, do we have evidence that all ancient alchemists sought to change lead to gold? Did the ancient rabbis ? Did the rishis? Did the Eleusians? No.