PDA

View Full Version : Back from exile.

Aleilius
03-01-2010, 05:08 PM
Hi all. :)

I am back from a long self prescribed exile. I was with Alchemy Forums from the beginning (when we were hosted on forumotion). Was a former super-moderator of AF before I left.

I'm not sure what else to say. I'm not good at introductions. Please do ask questions! I'll be happy to answer.

theFool
03-01-2010, 05:17 PM
Welcome back Aleilius, to your first home!
Calcined a lot of ego in exile?

Aleilius
03-01-2010, 05:18 PM
Welcome back Aleilius, to your first home.
Calcined a lot of ego in exile?
Possibly, maybe, perhaps, and I suppose so.

However, I cannot say for sure. I did get fairly lonely though. :p

theFool
03-01-2010, 05:20 PM
I like you have the sense of humor. Trully, welcome back!

Aleilius
03-01-2010, 05:22 PM
I like you have the sense of humor. Trully, welcome back!
It is about the only thing I have left now. ;)

Awani
03-01-2010, 05:28 PM
Welcome back!

:cool:

theFool
03-01-2010, 05:29 PM
It is about the only thing I have left now.
I had similar issues too during this time, many things I thought I achieved in the lab, are proven nothing. And in one case I remember you have warned me.

Aleilius
03-01-2010, 05:33 PM
Welcome back!

Thanks!

Aleilius
03-01-2010, 05:35 PM
I had similar issues too during this time, many things I thought I achieved in the lab, are proven nothing. And in one case I remember you have warned me.

Do not worry my friend. We are all guilty of making mistakes, and believing in falsities. I have wasted a lot of time on these annoying issues. For the past few months I haven't been doing much lab work. I've spent this time reading Fulcanelli, and getting back to my roots.

The renewal process is not easy.

Seth-Ra
03-01-2010, 07:03 PM
Welcome back here my friend, always great to have ya around. :D

Aleilius
03-01-2010, 08:34 PM
Welcome back here my friend, always great to have ya around. :D

Thanks Seth-Ra. I'm sure there are a few out there that are thinking "Oh no! Not this guy again." ;)

LeoRetilus
03-02-2010, 12:37 AM
You don't know me and I don't know you, I'm fairly new to this forum, but just out of curiosity why did you exile yourself and why did you return?

Aleilius
03-02-2010, 12:40 AM
You don't know me and I don't know you, I'm fairly new to this forum, but just out of curiosity why did you exile yourself and why did you return?

That's a long story, and apparently was the result of a misunderstanding.

The reason I've decided to come back is because of the interesting activity that has been taking place recently. I want to get my hands dirty! I can't let all of you guys/girls have fun without me.

Thanks for the warm welcome LR! ;)

solomon levi
03-02-2010, 02:34 AM
Greetings Brother!
Glad to have you back.
You were missed (by me anyways).

Are you still conflicted?
I sure as hell am. :D

Look forward to sharing with you and learning from you again.

If you don't see me 'round much, I'm trying to get my laptop running again.

solomon

Aleilius
03-02-2010, 02:39 AM
Greetings Brother!
Glad to have you back.
You were missed (by me anyways).

Are you still conflicted?
I sure as hell am. :D

Look forward to sharing with you and learning from you again.

If you don't see me 'round much, I'm trying to get my laptop running again.

solomon
Hi solomon levi, it has been a while since we've spoken, and it has been missed by me.

I stay conflicted! However, I've found a new way to vent my confliction. Humor is the best antidote to the serious matter that is alchemy. So instead of being a serious ass, I'll be a humorous ass, and that shall be my gift to the world! ;)

Please let me know if you need any help with your laptop. My mundane profession is IT work (i.e. computer/network technician), programming, and computer science.

Ghislain
03-02-2010, 02:59 AM
Hi Aleilius

Did you go somewhere, I didn't notice ;)

Welcome back

Ghislain

Aleilius
03-02-2010, 03:01 AM
Hi Aleilius

Did you go somewhere, I didn't notice ;)

Welcome back

Ghislain

Hey, don't worry, I get lost in my own house sometimes too. :D

LeoRetilus
03-02-2010, 05:25 AM
I had similar misunderstandings with other forum members in the beginning, but very quickly realized that I acted prematurely and immaturely in leaving as within a few days I was already missing something I had only been a limited part of for such a short time. Within the time I was away I very quickly realized that the, "I" didn't matter and the work at hand was far greater than any ego trips, "I", or anyone else had, so I returned within a couple of weeks and I'd like to think I have had a positive impact on this forum ever since, it has been most positive and reaffirming for me. My only hope is that new members as well as returning members can strive to be just as positive while contributing as much as they are comfortable with and just as Androgynus says hoping that those who resonate with our words will offer feedback to help reaffirm what we know/suspect or help lead us in a new direction if we are on the wrong track. :)

Aleilius
03-02-2010, 06:10 AM
Hi LR,

You mentioned it well: this work is greater than you, and I. Alchemy is my passion, and thus, it is not easy to separate my emotions from my work. It is very difficult to not act in an emotional manner to criticism. I have seen this numerous times, and I am also guilty of this.

However, with this being said, I do not agree with all the "hodge-podge" paths, and "quick methods" to produce the Philosophers' Stone. I believe there is one true Philosophers' Stone that reigns supreme. However, I do not discount the "lesser" stones that are spoken of most often. I simply do not spend my time on these methods. It is not for me.

There might come a time when I will disagree with you, but do not think anything of it, and most importantly, these disagreements are not representative of an attack. I will never attack you as a person, but I might disagree with your ideas, theories, notions, and work. This goes for all members here! In the past I have been less than honorable regarding these issues, but I will try my best to not be as voracious as my former self.

There is one thing I hold above all else, and that is Truth. Everything else pales in comparison.

LeoRetilus
03-02-2010, 06:33 AM
There is one thing I hold above all else, and that is truth. Everything else pales in comparison.

Well said....then, your brother in truth and LVX

Frater L.R.

Awani
03-02-2010, 06:53 AM
I had similar misunderstandings with other forum members in the beginning, but very quickly realized that I acted prematurely and immaturely in leaving as within a few days I was already missing something I had only been a limited part of for such a short time. Within the time I was away I very quickly realized that the, "I" didn't matter and the work at hand was far greater than any ego trips, "I", or anyone else had, so I returned within a couple of weeks and I'd like to think I have had a positive impact on this forum ever since, it has been most positive and reaffirming for me. My only hope is that new members as well as returning members can strive to be just as positive while contributing as much as they are comfortable with and just as Androgynus says hoping that those who resonate with our words will offer feedback to help reaffirm what we know/suspect or help lead us in a new direction if we are on the wrong track. :)

Well said.

Salazius
03-02-2010, 11:04 AM
Welcome back dear Aleilius !:)

Andro
03-02-2010, 12:36 PM
I believe there is one true Philosophers' Stone that reigns supreme.

I hold the same conviction, and it may have caused (or will cause) some friction at times. However, my experience along this path has been more than reassuring so far ;)

However, I do not discount the "lesser" stones that are spoken of most often. I simply do not spend my time on these methods. It is not for me.

Neither do I discount other paths, and I actually DO spend time and effort with some of them because of my recent involvement in research with a few open minded and academically high positioned medical doctors/professors who show genuine interest in the 'lesser' aspects of Alchemy. These doctors have had enough experience with the failure of their ways and are open enough to admit that it's doesn't matter what they learned in school if it can't ease the suffering of their patients. Strange bedfellows :)

Aleilius
03-06-2010, 06:31 AM
I am going away for a while. My life has recently taken a turn for the worst. I fear that the universe is against me.

What God have I angered?

Oh Lord, My God, is there no help for the widow's son?

Ab Roek
03-06-2010, 07:58 AM
It seems you are a true seeker. Continue seeking in truth, and you will find the Root.

As for angry gods, fear not. There is only desire, and the consequences of desire.

Fidelity
AB RK

I am going away for a while. My life has recently taken a turn for the worst. I fear that the universe is against me.

What God have I angered?

Oh Lord, My God, is there no help for the widow's son?

Aleilius
03-06-2010, 08:11 AM
It seems you are a true seeker. Continue seeking in truth, and you will find the Root.

As for angry gods, fear not. There is only desire, and the consequences of desire.

Fidelity
AB RK

Thank you for that Ab Roek.

Words have gotten me into this turmoil, and thus silence is the only way out. I have not found truth in words, and so perhaps there is truth in silence. I will become the silent one.

A sage is not allowed by his peers to have an ego. It is not the choice of a sage, but it is the choice of his fellow man. I do not know why, and they will lash out in the worst possible ways imaginable. It is fearful to lose personal identify. It is a curse that is cast upon a sage by his fellow man. The sage becomes an outcast not by choice, but by necessity.

The common man does not seek truth, but seeks that which is convenient, and that which is joyful to his or her ears. The man that seeks truth is always crucified.

Seth-Ra
03-06-2010, 08:25 AM
My friend, you know i of all people know that.

But in that, darkness must not be allowed to put out Light or the cycle ends. It may strike at it, and dim it, but it must come out brighter then ever.

I too went through that, for the majority of my life actually, and not until recently have i really broke from it with the light given to me. :)

you'll find your way my friend, be patient, and brave. ;)

~Seth-Ra

Andro
03-06-2010, 08:26 AM
Words have gotten me into this turmoil, and thus silence is the only way out.

I think you still have miles to go before you sleep (go silent). Maybe you haven't found the right words yet...

It is fearful to lose personal identity.

I know. But in losing what you now perceive to be your personal identity, you will go through a shamanic 'Little Death" where all the unnecessary parts of you will die and a newly reconstructed identity will emerge, much closer to the core of who you are.

It is a curse that is cast upon a sage by his fellow man. The sage becomes an outcast not by choice, but by necessity.

Yes. This is the way of things. The path has chosen you, not the other way around. The more you fight it, the more you'll suffer. I am talking from experience. The clouds will clear in time.

The common man does not seek truth, but seeks that which is convenient, and that which is joyful to his or her ears.

Alchemy and this forum are not places for those who think 'common'. As things get more intense and revelations more abundant, the 'common' will naturally flush itself out.

LeoRetilus
03-06-2010, 08:46 AM
A sage is not allowed by his peers to have an ego. It is not the choice of a sage, but it is the choice of his fellow man. I do not know why, and they will lash out in the worst possible ways imaginable. It is fearful to lose personal identify. It is a curse that is cast upon a sage by his fellow man. The sage becomes an outcast not by choice, but by necessity.

[/I]

Why put yourself in that role? A man cannot serve two masters.... by what authority do you consider yourself a sage, who anointed you, you should not put on a cloth that does not belong to you, maybe this is why your Gods are angry. Moses did not lead his people by his own anointment if not by God's, and in the end he gave all glory and honor to God, not himself. Allow God to tend to his own flock. Do not worship golden calves!
Nothing personal just a thought, better to channel the divine than to consider myself my own keeper, or my brother's after all I do not live in my own creation nor am I self created. Better to humble yourself than to leave and return the prodigal son.

Aleilius
03-06-2010, 09:02 AM
LR, you misunderstand me. :confused:

Sadly, those were the best words of wisdom I could muster. I have not knowledge, understanding, or wisdom. These were the three stones upon which I have built all that which is sacred to me. Stepping stones to nothing.

I carry my own cross, and by my cross I am punished. The weight of the world is too great, and beneath it I am crushed.

Is there not rest?

LeoRetilus
03-06-2010, 09:21 AM
Ah well, a wise man recently said:

The common man does not seek truth, but seeks that which is convenient, and that which is joyful to his or her ears.

lol...What my point was if you believe your punishment to be the product of the leading a group or, "flock". Then maybe you weren't meant to lead them, like I said let God tend his own, otherwise if something I said led someone astray from Gods path then I am doubly at fault, if I only lead myself astray then I only have myself to blame for my own loss and I don't have to account for my brother's loss.

If this is not you .....sorry for the misunderstanding.
At any rate be well.. and may El Shaddai smile upon you. :)