PDA

View Full Version : Men Who Stare At Goats

LeoRetilus
03-02-2010, 12:44 AM
Has anybody seeen this movie, I just saw it night before last and I loved it, jammed pack full of astral, esoteric, occult material, masonry symbolism, and hallucinogenic drug use. Plus its hilarious. :D

Zephyr
03-02-2010, 01:18 AM
It's great. The book is better. John Ronson wrote "Them" and "The Men Who Stare At Goats", and they are both terrific bits of non-fiction.
*Z*

LeoRetilus
03-02-2010, 03:35 AM
I'm glad you said non-fiction,.... telepathy and mind-control is a reality for me and those who have the mis/fortune of being around/near me. I am constantly implanting/reading thoughts in the minds of those in close proximity to me. My potentials for telepathy and clairvoyance have always been apparent to me even as a child but until recently I have kept those interests at bay writing them off as coincidence and wackiness as so many people do, but looking back as a teenager I was always very interested in ESP and psychic phenomenon, I especially enjoyed the film, Firestarter in the 80's. Recently, however after ingesting so much white matter after about a three year period I am no longer able to write those abilities off, so I have taken to the policy of developing those skills instead of tucking them away and as a result I am much more at peace with myself.

I recently watched a documentary on Pat Price and the Stargate Project (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pat_Price_%28remote_viewer%29) and I found his remote viewing sessions of ground equipment (gantries, cranes, etc) at military bases in the Soviet Union verified by aerial reconnaissance photos during the cold war quite convincing.

"He is probably best known for his sketches of cranes and gantries which appeared to conform to CIA intelligence photographs. At the time, his claims were taken seriously by the CIA"

LeoRetilus
03-02-2010, 04:50 AM
I also found it very funny that this man: Major General Albert Stubblebine (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albert_Stubblebine), who is no doubt depicted by the general at the beginning of the film who attempts to run through the wall in his office, had actually tried the same thing in real life:

"A key sponsor of the research internally at Fort Meade, he was convinced of the reality of a wide variety of psychic phenomena, leading him to attempt even to walk through walls."

Ghislain
03-02-2010, 04:57 AM
'Stubblebine' thats just funny in itself :) The third ROFL

Fact is stranger than fiction.

Ghislain

Andro
04-28-2010, 07:05 PM
Men who stare at Goats... Hmmm...

In classical Astrology we have Saturn ruling both Man (Aquarius) and Beast/Goat (Capricorn).

The two of them combined form the 'Pan' Archetype.

And they're right next to eachother on/at the wheel at the Hermetic 'Red Light'/'Stop Sign', so no wonder they're staring :)

May this be the beginning of a beautiful philosophical friendship?

;)

Zephyr
04-29-2010, 01:36 PM
I'm glad you said non-fiction,.... telepathy and mind-control is a reality for me and those who have the mis/fortune of being around/near me. I am constantly implanting/reading thoughts in the minds of those in close proximity to me. My potentials for telepathy and clairvoyance have always been apparent to me even as a child but until recently I have kept those interests at bay writing them off as coincidence and wackiness as so many people do, but looking back as a teenager I was always very interested in ESP and psychic phenomenon, I especially enjoyed the film, Firestarter in the 80's. Recently, however after ingesting so much white matter after about a three year period I am no longer able to write those abilities off, so I have taken to the policy of developing those skills instead of tucking them away and as a result I am much more at peace with myself.

I recently watched a documentary on Pat Price and the Stargate Project (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pat_Price_%28remote_viewer%29) and I found his remote viewing sessions of ground equipment (gantries, cranes, etc) at military bases in the Soviet Union verified by aerial reconnaissance photos during the cold war quite convincing.

"He is probably best known for his sketches of cranes and gantries which appeared to conform to CIA intelligence photographs. At the time, his claims were taken seriously by the CIA"

Well the movie was written by John Ronson, who cleverly made it a Funny non-fiction film. He is actually a journalist and has written two pieces of documentary journalism entitled "Them: adventures with extremists", and "The Men Who Stare at Goats". Both of these books are true accounts of the men and women involved in such diverse things as Bohemian Grove, Bilderbergers, Remote Viewing, Lizard conspiracies, Musical Torture, etc... So really, read Ronson's books... they are not just "claims" or even fringe material themselves... they are credible accounts of incredible beliefs and claims, and they open up a weird and true world. I like how balanced he is in his approaches...
Funnily enough perhaps they best part is his account of Bohemian Grove in "them". He is actually the guy who got Alex Jones into the grove, where they took those famous videos of the Cremation of Care. He describes relaxedly watching the whole scene as Jones pitched and wailed about satanism and spasmed with paranoia... So yeah... read Ronson's books...
*Z*

By "non fiction" I mean, not the weird claims (though some of them may be), but the actual books by Ronson, which quite literally, in the standard sense of the term ARE non-fiction. They are about people who believe this stuff. ANd they are not condescending but open minded-but-skeptical.
:cool:

Zephyr
04-29-2010, 01:38 PM
The book is really the True story that the Movie is just a holywood fantasy presentation of. Albeit cleverly written by the same author...
*Z*