PDA

View Full Version : Anarcho-capitalism

Awani
03-05-2010, 01:49 PM
I dream of a utopian world... as we all do... things like noocracy (http://forum.alchemyforums.com/showthread.php?t=1172) seems interesting, but right now not realistic. What is realistic is anarcho-capitalism... which is possible to implement in a advanced democratic society.

Quick wiki-overview:

Anarcho-capitalism is an individualist anarchist political philosophy that advocates the elimination of the state and the elevation of the sovereign individual in a free market. In an anarcho-capitalist society, law enforcement, courts, and all other security services would be provided by voluntarily-funded competitors such as private defense agencies rather than through taxation, and money would be privately and competitively provided in an open market. According to anarcho-capitalists, personal and economic activities would be regulated by the natural laws of the market and through private law rather than through politics. Furthermore, victimless crimes, and crimes against the state would be rendered moot.

Anarcho-capitalists argue for a society based on the voluntary trade of private property and services (including money, consumer goods, land, and capital goods) in order to maximize individual liberty and prosperity. However, they also recognize charity and communal arrangements as part of the same voluntary ethic. Though anarcho-capitalists are known for asserting a right to private (individualized or joint non-public) property, some propose that non-state public/community property can also exist in an anarcho-capitalist society. For them, what is important is that it is acquired and transferred without help or hindrance from the compulsory state. Anarcho-capitalist libertarians believe that the only just, and/or most economically-beneficial, way to acquire property is through voluntary trade, gift, or labor-based original appropriation, rather than through aggression or fraud. - source (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anarcho-capitalism)

Above in bold is what I always have argued for anyways.

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h18/deviadah/anarchy-cartoon.jpg

:cool:

Ghislain
03-05-2010, 11:47 PM
Anarcho-capitalist libertarians believe that the only just, and/or most
economically-beneficial, way to acquire property is through voluntary trade, gift,
or labor-based original appropriation, rather than through aggression or fraud.

How is this different to what we do now?

When Iraq moved into kuwait they were stopped, as was Hitler and most others
like that.

Perhaps we are already in an Anarcho-capitalist libertarian society ?

Someone has to run the show! don't they?

Ghislain

Awani
03-06-2010, 11:36 AM
Perhaps we are already in an Anarcho-capitalist libertarian society?
Partly perhaps, but no more than we are democratic.

Someone has to run the show! don't they?

No, not really.

;)

Ghislain
03-06-2010, 11:49 PM
I am not that much of a risk taker Dev'

Maybe its my comfort zone I'm protecting :)

Ghislain