PDA

View Full Version : Hello Colleagues

rebis
03-08-2010, 01:44 AM
I have just joined this forum and wish to introduce myself. I have called myself rebis - which may be considered rather brash of me! However, it does not signify any assumptions I have concerning my status. No - I am just dimly aware of my divergent 'natures' and the call to balance and finally unify them. I am 51 years old. As a young man I studied to enter the scientifically based profession which I still practice. However my fascination was, and is, with literature, myth, religion and obscurities. I am still very fond of quoting Blake "Opposition is true friendship - without contraries (there) is no progression". And of course "If the fool would persist with his folly he would become wise." I attempted some misguided exploration of mysteries at this time - but was quite unprepared - so I left it alone. Naturally I read Jung and this is where I first heard of alchemy (apart from the hymn we sang at school "This is the famous stone that turneth all to gold, for all that God doth touch and hold cannot for less be sold").
I hope, through this forum, to meet some who can share with me their wisdom - as I follow my own obscure path. I do look forward to meeting and conversing with you.

Awani
03-08-2010, 03:46 AM
Hi rebis

Welcome!

Thanks for the intro...

:cool:

Salazius
03-08-2010, 10:47 AM
Welcome :) !

Ghislain
03-08-2010, 03:42 PM
Hi Rebis