PDA

View Full Version : Alundel flask?

tellner
03-11-2010, 04:02 PM
The Alundel flask in Junius' Plant Alchemy is a wonderful way of including an alembic in a lab distillation setup. The only problem is finding one. They aren't in the standard glassware catalogs. And I'm not a glassblower. Does anyone know a good source?

MarkostheGnostic
03-12-2010, 01:58 AM
The Alundel flask in Junius' Plant Alchemy is a wonderful way of including an alembic in a lab distillation setup. The only problem is finding one. They aren't in the standard glassware catalogs. And I'm not a glassblower. Does anyone know a good source?

An aludel flask has openings on both top and bottom, and can join a 'balloon' (curcurbit) to a condenser. The aludel can hold a fine mesh screen, above which one places plant matter. The aludel is actually a chromotography reservoir for holding solvent above a glass chromatography column, which can be used in this unorthodox manner.

http://stores.ebay.com/UNITED-GLASS-TECHNOLOGIES__W0QQ_sidZ2082961?_nkw=chromatography +reservoir&submit=Search

P.S. - If you click on MarkostheGnostic, then click on Albums (Pho-tos), I posted my essential oil apparatus such as you describe. ;)