PDA

View Full Version : Hello...

Animus
04-02-2010, 08:40 PM
Hello everyone. :)

I thought I would post a quick introduction before I start posting.

I am rather new to Alchemy. I have not done much in practice but I do have a decent knowledge of the subject, I'd say (but, as always, there's near infinite amounts more to learn!). I am particularly interested in Spagyrics and the psychological aspects of Alchemical symbolism.

I hope to learn much here. :D

Andro
04-02-2010, 09:28 PM
Robert Frost wrote: "The woods are lovely, dark and deep"...

So is the Rabbit Hole of Alchemy :eek:

Welcome to the digging party!

(Unless you are one of a kind, who falls straight through, all the way up ;))

Again, most welcome!

Awani
04-02-2010, 09:35 PM
Welcome to the forums!

:cool:

Animus
04-04-2010, 12:38 PM
Thank you both for the warm welcome!

Ghislain
04-04-2010, 09:08 PM
Hi Animus

I am sure you’re in the right place if
knowledge is what you seek.

I am in the same boat as you; I am new to Alchemy
not much experience in the practical sense and, unlike you,
I do not have a decent knowledge of the subject; even so
I have learned so much here and I am sure to learn much more.

Happy Hunting

Ghislain

MarkostheGnostic
04-04-2010, 09:54 PM
I have a long history of reading and contemplating alchemical things (which is to say, mental and spiritual alchemy), and alchemy had been the metaphor that I have used for conducting psychotherapy (see Edward Edinger's The Anatomy of the Psyche http://www.amazon.com/Anatomy-Psyche-Alchemical-Symbolism-Psychotherapy/product-reviews/0812690095/ref=cm_cr_dp_all_helpful?ie=UTF8&coliid=&showViewpoints=1&colid=&sortBy=bySubmissionDateDescending).

But I have only been experimenting with Spagyrics since last summer. Working with lab equipment brings me back to my childhood, which was pretty much spent in a home lab. Among other things, I'm hoping to reclaim some of the sense of wonder that material phenomena held for me. I have moved beyond Jung's uni-directional understanding of The Art as a projection of unconscious contents onto matter. It is also a reception of impression into the unconscious FROM matter. It works both ways in the transformation of the alchemist.

Welcome!
-MtG

solomon levi
04-07-2010, 05:34 PM
Welcome!

Animus
04-07-2010, 07:06 PM
I have a long history of reading and contemplating alchemical things (which is to say, mental and spiritual alchemy), and alchemy had been the metaphor that I have used for conducting psychotherapy (see Edward Edinger's The Anatomy of the Psyche http://www.amazon.com/Anatomy-Psyche-Alchemical-Symbolism-Psychotherapy/product-reviews/0812690095/ref=cm_cr_dp_all_helpful?ie=UTF8&coliid=&showViewpoints=1&colid=&sortBy=bySubmissionDateDescending).

But I have only been experimenting with Spagyrics since last summer. Working with lab equipment brings me back to my childhood, which was pretty much spent in a home lab. Among other things, I'm hoping to reclaim some of the sense of wonder that material phenomena held for me. I have moved beyond Jung's uni-directional understanding of The Art as a projection of unconscious contents onto matter. It is also a reception of impression into the unconscious FROM matter. It works both ways in the transformation of the alchemist.

Welcome!
-MtG
That book looks very interesting. I have another to add to my already large list! :D (and that's just the Alchemy one :p)

Thank you all for the welcome!