PDA

View Full Version : Trust Yourself

Ghislain
04-12-2010, 08:06 AM
Trust yourself

Look to other sources for perspective rather than instruction. Does it fit with what you feel?
We are all individuals and my belief is that we are supposed to walk our own paths and no one
should interfere with that. That is my belief, how does that fit with your perspective. Try to be
aware that is the path "I" walk that has led me to where "I" am right now. We are all walking different
paths and thus what is right for one at this moment may be quite unsuitable for another.

An example may be that I am heading to one of the earth’s poles in the freezing cold and I offer you
one of my coats for your journey, but you are embarking on an equatorial trek; hardly suitable?

I am not a great intellectual myself and this is because I take a step back when I see a great swathe
of text in front of me. I can read it but I lose concentration quickly. That is one thing others may
not have known before, and probably a little more than I would normally like to share.

The point here is that there are many characteristics others do not feel comfortable in sharing. This
is why you should never take the advice of others unless it feels right in your own mind. They may
have hidden agendas, they may interpret what they see in a completely different way than another;
rightly or wrongly, who can tell. It is probably more important what another is not telling you than
what they actually are.
Also we as individuals must realise that what we know is only relative to the way we perceive it and
should make it clear that it is our perception that we are proffering rather than absolute facts. Facts
have a habit of becoming fiction...when I was young people would put butter on a burn...that is
probably one of the worst things you can do...Butter for burns was a fact of the time. Check out the
meaning of the word ‘Atom’

I have read posts here where people have theories but present them as facts...this may be accidental
so it may be an idea to look at our posts before they are submitted
Some people have a way with words...I make a great cup of tea...does that make either of us more
likely to have the truth?

The connection between the temporal lobes of the brain and religious feeling has led one
Canadian scientist to try stimulating them. (They are near your ears.) 80% of Dr Michael Persinger's
experimental subjects report that an artificial magnetic field focused on those brain areas gives them
a feeling of 'not being alone'. Some of them describe it as a religious sensation.

Source (http://www.bbc.co.uk/science/horizon/2003/godonbrain.shtml )

Another article can be read here (http://thoughtmenagerie.wordpress.com/2006/04/12/god-and-temporal-lobe-epiliepsy)

Is the magnetic field unlocking a real perception or creating an artificial one?...Again this can only be
taken in perspective. Can these people predict the future? Is there any advantages afforded these
people that may prove the existence of this higher presence?

The mind can play funny games...how many cults have been led by a potential mental patient?

Trust me; what I write is fact ;) oops I just meant to imply that!

Humbly

Ghislain

Awani
04-12-2010, 11:53 AM
Yes... that is why one should question everything. Phd, dogma, universities, scholars, teachers, TV-presenters, journalists, politicians, parents... all have their agenda. No one has the truth, no one is in control, no one is anything to anyone BUT him/herself.

It is all so simple really. Live life through yourself, fuck the rest... and as long as they don't fuck with you leave 'em be.

If it sounds plausible, if it seems to be the most logical and reasonable... if it feels right within then that is the truth.

...how many cults have been led by a potential mental patient?

The current culture is!

:cool:

solomon levi
04-27-2010, 08:16 PM
The question on what is real recalls the Matrix...
they are inside the "construct" where they can call up whatever they want
and Neo asks "This isn't real?" because it's a program.
Morpheus replies something like "What is real? If real is the brain receiving
impulses, then this is real."

And that is what we call real(ity) - whatever we perceive. And that varies from individual
to individual. Even if we're occupying the same general reality, we still have all
these differences like Gurdjieff's example - man #1? #2? #3?....#7... which man?
Or the example of the three blind men describing an elephant while one is
holding the tail, one the ear and another the trunk or a leg or whatever...

For me, I have verified Castaneda's observation that reality is agreement, and that
reality is a description - one of millions.
So even an individual will get lost because s/he is not one and therefore can
agree with himself about anything and believe it to be real. Castaneda described it
as a loop where our mind agrees with our eyes and our eyes agree with our mind.

Sorry I don't have time to expand on any of that, but maybe you follow what I'm saying.
Basically, we talk to ourselves about reality and then we see/project that
reality out upon the world and affirm it, but it's really just like a self-fulfilling
prophecy of sorts.

To get to the root of reality, we must stop our minds/thinking first, otherwise we
are perceiving through distorted lenses.