PDA

View Full Version : 10/6

Awani
04-23-2010, 12:17 AM
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h18/deviadah/forum/200px-Mad_HATTER.jpg

Having loved Lewis Carroll's books all my life I found it funny that the numbers on the Mad Hatter's hat is the date of my birthday... never noticed before. THC for you.

:cool:

Andro
04-23-2010, 05:12 AM
Gemini is ruled by Mercury, and the Mad Hatter is an exoteric (and actual) allegory for mercury poisoning. But if you look at my Hermetic Tree of Life (http://forum.alchemyforums.com/showthread.php?p=8828#post8828) version, you'll see that Gemini is the esoteric allegory for the application of Mercury Duplex (Philosophical) as opposed to Virgo/Mercury Simplex (Common).

But it's not uncommon for some Geminis to go Mad from all the radio stations broadcasting simultaneously in their Hats :)

Seth-Ra
04-23-2010, 07:13 AM
But it's not uncommon for some Geminis to go Mad from all the radio stations broadcasting simultaneously in their Hats :)

Been there, done that, bought the hat, lost it, found it, never take it off again, even when its off again. :cool:

Gemini :( / :) FTW! :D

Also, i love the mad hatter from the story, was never really thrilled with the remakes on t.v. though, or movies... sometimes im just to picky. lol

~Seth-Ra

Andro
04-23-2010, 07:21 AM
Seth-Ra,

Like any other sign, being born under Gemini can be a curse or the greatest of gifts.

It becomes a precious gift when one has enough spiritual maturity to realize that the Twins are actually Siamese (in a Philosophical way).

And in the next step, from maturity to wisdom, the siamese twins become one.

:)

solomon levi
04-27-2010, 06:58 PM
Lewis Carroll was a mathematician, so i divided 10 by 6
which gives 1.66666....

which is close to phi: 1.618... ??? probably not intended.

Funny, my parents were born on 10/2 and 10/10 of the same year.
The mean between the two dates is 10/6.

This is probably more info than I should share, but it's too cool not to -
my dad's last name is Lyons (gold) and my mom's maiden name is Wolf (antimony).

My dad was born on 10/2, I was born on 7/2 and my son on 5/2...
what's that mean??

Oh - I drive a Mercury. :D

Awani
04-27-2010, 07:00 PM
It means your son's kid will be born on the 3rd or 1st of feb!

Andro
04-27-2010, 07:07 PM
My dad's last name is Lyons (gold) and my mom's maiden name is Wolf (antimony).

This is too cool not to comment on :D

So:

Did your Wolf Mother eat your Lion Father, as Alchemical Lore would have it?

If you've been following the 'V' series, Anna devours her male mate after copulation...

:eek:

Seth-Ra
04-27-2010, 07:31 PM
Did your Wolf Mother eat your Lion Father, as Alchemical Lore would have it?

Just technically speaking, she obviously did, hence we have Sol' talking with us now. ;) (it is also ironic that we short-hand his name to sol = gold - and most definitely philosophical gold. :D )

~Seth-Ra

solomon levi
04-28-2010, 05:33 PM
I think my dad devoured my mom instead. :confused:
I only say that because she was more conventional or conformist
and my dad isn't, and if I had to pick a winner I'd say it was him.
But they both complement eachother. ;)

Dev, I feel a little awkward writing these things in your lab space.
I started out just wanting to share an interesting "coincidence" like yours,
but this isn't the regular forum, so just move it if you want - if it imposes.

Awani
04-28-2010, 06:00 PM
No not really, didn't think the 10/6 was a monumental discovery... but don't want to expose birthday in public.

LeoRetilus
04-29-2010, 10:03 PM
Deviadah mine is 10/8

Sol, my last name is Tijerina, my ancestors are originally from a town in Spain called Tejerina (http://www.terra.es/personal3/apaizapv/page9.htm) which they founded, which is coincidentally in the state of Leon, right Lion, and my last name rougly translates to lion cub. From there they fled an founded the State of Nuevo Leon in Mexico in which they settled in a town they founded once again, Tejerina, this time in the state of "new lion". But they were neither Mexicans nor Spaniards they were Israeli Jews and masons. But the word mason has received a negative connotation today, they didn't belong to any masonic temple, they initiated themselves and the art was kept within the family, passed down from generation to generation, master to student, similar to the Japanese, as each family had there own dojo and their own brand of karate.

solomon levi
05-04-2010, 11:36 PM
That's cool.
It's nice to know your ancestry so definitely.
I don't know much of mine before America, except that I have Irish, Scottish and
French ancestors. The Lyons name gets lost when i try to follow my family tree.
The name Scott predominates. My mom said that Sir Walter Scott is in our family
tree somewhere...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walter_Scott

Andro
06-09-2010, 10:41 PM
...don't want to expose birthday in public.

Too late for that... It's displayed in the 'Today's Birthdays' section on the main page :eek:

LeoRetilus
06-09-2010, 11:48 PM
... but don't want to expose birthday in public.

I thought it was 10/6 not 6/10, :p...and to think all this time I thought you were a Libra like me and our birthdays were 2 days apart....now come to find out your a gemini,..still an air sign so not soo shaby.

Hey check out my horoscope(libra) for today from tarot.com :"Mercury moves into its home sign of Gemini today, speeding up communication, words, and information. Your attention will focus on networking now as you feel a greater need to exchange ideas and concepts with others. Make the most of this fast-paced environment by getting thoughts down on paper."

Wyrd huh? Mercury moving into gemini speeding up the delivery of messages....Hermes shoes

Heres yours for tomorrow 6/10/2010(gemini): "Today you might find that your social life takes a definite turn for the better. You could receive more than one invitation to parties or group activities, Gemini, and spend a lot of time on the phone discussing arrangements for future get-togethers. If you aren't romantically involved now, you may meet someone promising. If you're involved, make sure you reserve time for an intimate encounter with your special someone. Have fun."

And from tarot.com

"Communicator Mercury's entry into its home sign of Gemini increases the mental buzz and its cooperative sextiles to electric Uranus and indulgent Jupiter blast our thoughts into orbit. The Moon's shift into scattered Gemini at 6:10 pm EDT and her subsequent sextiles to Uranus and Jupiter add even more excitement (and instability) to the day. Meanwhile, our creativity is powered by an energetic Sun-Mars quintile, enabling us to exceed our expectations"

Happy Birthday

Awani
06-10-2010, 09:33 AM
Nice...

I thought it was 10/6 not 6/10, :p

Common mistake, some countries write month before date, often cause for confusion:p

Really the most logical is day, month, year - ya know smallest to biggest! :D

Awani
06-10-2010, 09:35 AM
Too late for that... It's displayed in the 'Today's Birthdays' section on the main page :eek:

Well typcial geminin, changed my mind! :D

Andro
06-10-2010, 09:42 AM
Deviadah, you can write 2 more posts today and you'll make the 'Thoth' rank on your birthday :D

A gift to yourself from yourself :)

Once again, best wishes...

Awani
06-10-2010, 09:44 AM
A gift to yourself from yourself :)

LOL!

Well I was going to have a day out in Amsterdam and not be on the forum... but why not:p

Awani
06-10-2010, 09:44 AM
Bla bla!

;)