PDA

View Full Version : two paths

solomon levi
04-28-2010, 07:16 PM
the two paths of work on oneself I will refer to are the conscious and the subconscious, or perhaps knowledge and being, or will/volition and surrender/dissolution, or stalking and dreaming (Castaneda)...

I just wanted to comment that in my experience it seems
one can do a lot of work/effort in the conscious, willful area only to realise
that you are not that and that all that is necessary is to relocate your "self"
from the conscious/will/part to the subconscious/is/whole; almost like
withdrawing your tentacles from "things", or as one of my teachers would say,
"people, places, things, times and events".

In other words, we can do a lot of work on ourselves, changing this and that,
thou shalt not this, and thou shalt that... enhance this characteristic, denounce
this one... but a grander, broader vision is that we are simply not all that.
We are behind it, before it... already whole/perfect.

Donna Matrix
04-28-2010, 08:06 PM
Solomon,

Wise thoughts. But i may be a bit older than you and i will tell you that as you ask the Divine to assist you in your transformation, you are invoking powerful things that will indeed transform you and show you your deepest shadowy selves. The hate will boil you the shame will crush you until you come out the other end and always align your will the Dvine will of love, service, gratitude and forgiveness. The crushing is for the ego so that the light of divinity can shine through you into this suffering world. If you are not totally committed to Divine Will you will be swallowed up. Ultimatly transformation for your self is just another form of ambition/ selfishness and carries a karmic price.

DM

solomon levi
05-11-2010, 06:31 PM
Greetings Donna.

If i interpret/comprehend you correctly, I think we are in agreement.
Only "asking the Divine" is very vague...
If this implies a Great Divine Giver and me a separate lowly asker, I would
strongly disagree. If there is such a relationship in reality, I'm not interested in it.
But I'm sure you know that.

But love is very much a part of it, although this may mean different things to
the two of us. For me, love is that thing behind everything. It's what is
present behind all the ego drama b.s. It's what fills me when I am silent (and
when I'm "noisy", but i don't recognise it as well because of my attention
being fixated on whatever).

Love is indeed what we are when we are not "I" (and of course, even when we are "I".)

sol

Andro
05-11-2010, 06:49 PM
These are from Babylon 5, one of my favorite series:

The character 'Lorien' is an Immortal 'Ancient One':

Lorien: "We've lived too long, seen too much. To live on, as we have, is to leave behind joy, love, and companionship because we know it to be transitory; of the moment. We know it will turn to ash. Only those whose lives are brief can believe that love is eternal. You should embrace that remarkable illusion. It may be the greatest gift your race has ever received."

And another one, this time from 'Citizen G'Kar':

Citizen G'Kar: "If I take a lamp and shine it toward the wall, a bright spot will appear on the wall. The lamp is our search for truth... for understanding. Too often, we assume that the light on the wall is God, but the light is not the goal of the search, it is the result of the search. The more intense the search, the brighter the light on the wall. The brighter the light on the wall, the greater the sense of revelation upon seeing it. Similarly, someone who does not search - who does not bring a lantern - sees nothing. What we perceive as God is the by-product of our search for God. It may simply be an appreciation of the light... pure and unblemished... not understanding that it comes from us. Sometimes we stand in front of the light and assume that we are the center of the universe - God looks astonishingly like we do - or we turn to look at our shadow and assume that all is darkness. If we allow ourselves to get in the way, we defeat the purpose, which is to use the light of our search to illuminate the wall in all its beauty and in all its flaws; and in so doing, better understand the world around us."

More from 'Citizen G'Kar':

Citizen G'Kar: "The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest."

And lastly, from 'Delenn':

Delenn: "We are star stuff. We are the universe made manifest trying to figure itself out."
__________________________________________________ ________________________________________

(Source (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0105946/quotes))