PDA

View Full Version : Solar Eclipse

Arcane Sakura
05-09-2010, 02:44 AM
Domo all!
I know thw moon and the sun and all the other planets are very important to Alchemy but, I'd really like to know what a solor eclipse means in alchemy. I was born on the Spring Solar Eclipse in May of 1994 and I've relaly wanted to know what that could mean about myself.that same Solar Eclipse doesnt come back until every 17 yearts. Next year on my 17th B-day, it will come back. Im not being concited i'd just really like to know more about myself since I feel somewhat lost.
So can anyone tell me what it means in alchemy thanks!
~Kota the Arcane Sakura

Salazius
05-09-2010, 08:08 AM
Hi Sakura,

Every 17 years, this solar eclipse is a Black Opus.
Of course, it is for everyone who is concern by the black spot on earth, but as you are related to it, then you have more chance to be in a 'saturnian' energy at this time.

Be well,

Arcane Sakura
05-09-2010, 01:30 PM
what do you mean by saturnian.. err something like that. What does that term mean?

Salazius
05-09-2010, 02:33 PM
If you study astrological signification of Saturn, you can learn a little about it : blockage, aborted projects, stuck in the mud, breakdown, etc are saturnian things.
Saturn is linked to the Black Stage in Alchemy. I used it as a synonym.

Arcane Sakura
05-11-2010, 05:08 PM
so.. in a sense is somewhat "bad" and needs to be purified.. I mean is it bad..

Salazius
05-11-2010, 05:21 PM
There is no good or bad thing. It is as it is. Fonctunal or not. Here it is if you are on an evolutionary path.
You have this cycle every year (every year with solar return of course), it can be a perfect occasion to grow, evolve.
Take that from the "light" side, not the dark one, even if it is hard to go on.

In fact every solar return, for every body is a death and reborn process, and we can see some perturbations, low moods, low energy level, "problems" "troubles", coming near the birthday date. This is quite normal, your will be maybe more powerful.

In alchemy, you need perfect black to begin the cycle. Always remember that.

Seth-Ra
05-11-2010, 05:56 PM
Well said Salazius. :)

You start on "Do" (1 - black) eventually reach "Si/Ti" (1 - red) but you can 'multiply' it, or push farther, closer, by going higher - back to "Do". (2 - black) until you reach "Si/Ti" (2 - red) and so on. :)

The Great Work starts with Saturn and ends with Saturn - the Ouroboros. :cool:

~Seth-Ra

solomon levi
05-11-2010, 06:15 PM
Saturn can also be described by mythology and the gods assigned to it.
It's also called Kronos, or Father Time,

Cernunnos,
http://astroromp.com/skyla/cernunnos-11_1192291209.jpg

... who is horned just like satan/saturn.

Time, death, contraction, heaviness, blackness, dullness...

sounds negative, but all is necessary precursor to rebirth/white stage.

As seen in the symbol for saturn ...

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.myastrologybook.com/Saturn-Kronos-Chronos-mythology-god.gif&imgrefurl=http://www.myastrologybook.com/Saturn-in-astrology.htm&usg=__clbul9Fv7Gs83nLVwlu3TpQMW3M=&h=180&w=154&sz=4&hl=en&start=7&um=1&itbs=1&tbnid=xLLZLJIL31JRxM:&tbnh=101&tbnw=86&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dsaturn%2Bglyph%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26t bs%3Disch:1

the cross of matter/body dominates the lunar crescent of spirit...
in jupiter we have the opposite.

solomon

Arcane Sakura
05-13-2010, 07:36 PM
thanks, i guess.. not sure what it means personally to me because everyone is kinda like that in a sense how we overcome pain to get stronger. So, i guess I'll just have to figure that out. Thanks for the help i guess.

Donna Matrix
05-19-2010, 05:09 AM
There are in fact three parts to the sun. There is the physical sun which you see with your eyes, the Heart of the sun, and the Central Sun. Much like how we have body, mind and spirit or salt, sulfer, mercury. During the eclipse, the physical sun is blotted out so the energies of the heart of the sun and the central sun come thru stronger. The energies are more elevated. For minerals, these are high holy days.

LeoRetilus
05-19-2010, 06:21 AM
The energies are more elevated. For minerals, these are high holy days.

You don't know how right you are, this is the alchemist's black sun.

Donna Matrix
05-20-2010, 12:01 AM
Leo,

i thought Jean dubois said that black suns are the secondary focus in the eliptical orbits of planets, the first is the sun. Perhaps I am confused.

LeoRetilus
05-20-2010, 01:25 AM
Leo]

i thought Jean dubois said that black suns are the secondary focus in the eliptical orbits of planets, the first is the sun. Perhaps I am confused.

I think you are refering to this right?
http://www.horusset.com/RIKB/bsastro.htm

"The astrological Black Sun is not a physical body, but a mathematically defined point in space. Since the paths of the planets around our sun are elliptical rather than circular, each orbit has not a single center, but two foci. The Flash graphic below demonstrates this principle.
The first graphic shows a circle,defined as having a constant radius. The second graphic shows an ellipse with its two foci. In this case the sum of the lengths of the two lines extending from the foci to the rotating point on the ellipse is constant. Circles can be considered special cases of the ellipse, where the distance between the two foci is zero.
In the case of a planet orbiting the sun in an elliptical orbit, the sun usually occupies one of the foci of the planet's orbit. The second focus is an empty point in space. This empty focus is known as the "black sun" of that planet's orbit. There is also a "black moon" (although it should really be called the "black earth") defined as the second focus of the Moon's orbit around the earth. The black suns of earth and the planets within its orbit are very close to the sun itself -- so close that it is difficult to use them for any astrological purpose. The black sun for the orbit of Venus is actually inside the sun; since the orbit of Venus is very nearly a circle, the distance between the foci of its orbit is less than the radius of the sun."

"Mystic and psychoanalyst Carl Jung wrote about the Black Sun or Sol Niger as it pertained to psychology in his alchemical works. The psychiatrist and pioneering LSD therapist Stanislav Grof relates an anecdote of a client who spontaneously experienced a vision of the Black Sun during a session of holotropic breathing. He subsequently associated the symbol with the "core self" of the client, the hidden radiance underlying the "manifest sun" or ego. The alchemist Jean Dubuis, in a lecture before the Philosophers of Nature stated that "this black sun of Saturn is the one that emits all the mystical influences of Saturn. And at that time chances of contact with eternity are maximum." This is the meaning behind Crowley's reference in the Book of Thoth: "According to an ancient tradition, the sun is also black."

And while some of those points may or may not be valid, what I'm refering to is an actual solar eclipse, just think about the gravitational influences the moon has on the earth when a full moon occurs, this action changes the way the earth interacts with the aether and has a profound effect upon metals, what you said in your previous post was much akin to what is explained here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suns_in_alchemy

"There is a persistent belief in alchemaic and hermetic tradition in the existence of two suns: a hidden one of pure "philosophical gold," consisting of the essential Fire conjoined with aether, and the apparent one of profane "material gold." The "dark, consuming fire" of the material sun leads to its being called the "Dark" or "Black Sun."

So its like you said when the visible sun gets blotted out ,the aetheric one shines through more brillantly, not to mention the thousand fold combined gravitational influence excerted upon the earth and the aether when these celestial bodies are aligned, in 2012 there will be 3 eclipses. But theres something else........

Donna Matrix
05-20-2010, 02:16 AM
Thank you leo,

Jean Dubois also stated that the black sun of saturn, the second focus of Saturn was in very close proximity to earth I believe it was during the winter solstice. Yes he was definatley taliking about the secondary foci of elipses.

But the Central Sun is a different matter entirely. I only know that my crystal skulls are in a most reverent mood during eclipse, as if beholding a vision of God.
I have astral traveled there and there are great beings there made of flames Each planet has a council of representatives there. I have only seen the earth one, but the head of hte council sits on a golden throne with a huge transparent red stone at the head. Fascinating stuff. i readthe Jean Dubois stuff on nAdam Macleans website. Search for PON.