PDA

View Full Version : The smaller the bigger

Awani
05-10-2010, 03:54 PM
When they discovered the atom science thought it to be the smallest thing in the world.

Then they discovered what atoms are made of, and then even smaller than that and so on... quarks etc.

I imagine that the deeper into microcosm you dive the bigger it will at one point get. In other words at some point there should be a shift and things just get larger and larger.

:cool:

Seth-Ra
05-10-2010, 04:11 PM
My brother has a saying: "God is always bigger and always smaller, then we think." - essentially the more we zoom out, or the more we zoom in, we find there was something created that is bigger, or smaller than what we previously thought to be "the end".

Im beginning to think everything is the same size, some waves are just more subtle then others and it makes it harder to see. ;)

~Seth-Ra

Awani
05-10-2010, 04:17 PM
Same size... well that solves a lot of complex issues. My understanding of the universe, so far, is that it is not complex, but simple.

But it is difficult to understand simplicity. It is all about the brainwashed perceptions we all have of the world.

Same size, same time... it is really about living in the moment. The present, because within it lies both the past and the future.

This also explains my theory of how to build a time machine, the paradox makes it an impossibility BUT not if you travel back or forward in different dimensions. This is traveling through time without the problems of paradox. But this is another topic I guess...

:cool:

Andro
05-10-2010, 04:22 PM
If you'd theoretically break down Matter into increasingly smaller components, you would eventually be very close to arriving at 'Nothing' at all :)

And 'Nothing' is infinitely HUGE :cool:

Albion
05-10-2010, 06:21 PM
Yes, (and not to put too fine a point on it) but "huge" and "minute" have relevance only in a field of comparisons. An [The] Absolute Singularity (not necessarily or exclusively a numerical "one" either) would be neither comparitively small nor large.

Albion
05-10-2010, 06:59 PM
Prior to (deeper than) beginnings was (is) Infinite Actuality/Potentia which/who is both 'personal' and 'impersonal', both 'Other Than' and 'Not Other Than' (vis a vis us).

Then, in some time beyond time as we perceive it, there was generated stereophonic (or multiphonic) infinities - which we 'are' - both in and of the Original non-numerical Infinity.

Could use some tweeking, I'm sure. Just joining in the play.

Albion
05-10-2010, 07:04 PM
http://infinityahead.com/

Zephyr
05-10-2010, 09:58 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Little,_Big