PDA

View Full Version : Bark of The Arjuna Tree

LeoRetilus
05-23-2010, 01:20 AM
http://www.herbs.pukkaherbs.com/herbimages/arjuna%20tree.jpg

http://www.herbs.pukkaherbs.com/herbimages/fresh_arjuna_bark_pieces.jpg

Heart disease is a real genetic problem in my family. Although it seems our typical western diet is at least partly if not mostly to blame for much of the heart disease and even cancer in the U.S. Most if not all cancers can be avoided completely if not cured outrightly in most cases, very simply,... alkalizing the bodily ph. I know of at least three individuals who were given weeks to live and purchased one of the machines listed here:http://www.ionizersreviewed.com/qna.php to alkalize their water and now their cancer is in full remission. But as far as heart disease goes I hadn't really seen much in the way of alternative medicine effective against it until recently, when I was looking for an herb that I intuitively knew of for my father who will very soon most likely be going in for his third and final open heart bypass, unless the bark of the arjuna works realtively fast.

Arjuna like very many effective alternative medicines is a product of eastern Indian pharmacopoeia that seems to me to be the single most important item used there for heart and cardiovascular health.

http://www.ecoindia.com/flora/trees/arjun-tree.html

Medicinal uses : The Bark of the Arjuna tree contains calcium salts, magnesium salts, and glucosides has been used in traditional Ayurvedic herbalism Juice of its leaf is used to cure dysentry and earache. Arjuna helps in maintaining the cholesterol level at the normal rate, as it contains the antioxidant properties similar to the Vitamin E. It strengths the heart muscles and maintains the heart functioning properly. It also improves functioning of cardiac muscle. Arjuna is used for the treatment of coronary artery disease, heart failure, edema, angina and hypercholesterolemia. Its bark power possesses diuretic, prostaglandin enhancing and coronary risk factor modulating properties. It is also considered as beneficial in the treatment of Asthma.

http://www.chinese-herbs.org/arjuna/

The bark of Terminalia arjuna is known to contain phytosterols (ß-sitosterol), ellagic and oleanolinic acids, magnesium, zinc, copper and tannins. The whole tree is so rich on calcium that even the soil it grows on becomes rich on this element too. One of the most promising constituents of the Arjun bark is arjunic acid, belonging to triterpenoid saponins. A glycoside arjunetin has recently been isolated from the bark and enlarged the list of glycosides found in this tree. Arjuna also contains coenzyme Q10.

White Marudah is believed to be a powerful cardiovascular protector, capable of improving a large number of heart conditions, like angina, heart failure, heart attack, and others. It is a cardio-stimulant and tonic, diuretic and prostaglandin enhancer, anti-hypertensive and anti-ischemic agent. Saponin glycosides are believed to improve the pumping activity of the heart and stimulate cardiac muscle function.

Flavonoids in the bark are said to strengthen blood vessels and have antioxidant activity. They may be the reason for normalizing bad cholesterol level in the body and regulating blood pressure.

The latest studies of Arjuna bark indicate that it also possesses antibacterial properties and can be used to eliminate Neisseria gonorrhoeae bacterium, which causes gonorrhoea, and may have influence on chlamydia, which is associated with atherosclerosis.

Health Benefits
The oldest known use of Arjuna is as a cardiovascular tonic to treat congestive heart failure, angina pain, heart attack, and coronary artery disease. Hypertension and tachycardia are relieved with the powdered bark as well. Hypercholesterolemia (increased levels of bad cholesterol and triglycerides) is also effectively improved with Arjuna bark. Its constituents are also helpful against edema – a condition, when the access fluid accumulates in the ankles and legs.

It is reported that the powder of the Arjuna bark may be helpful against stomach ulcers caused by NSAIDs use (common and popular pain-killers). It is also suggested that this remedy may be taken to treat asthma.

Finally, sexually transmitted diseases may be eliminated with Arjuna. At least, the latest research reports about the possibility to use the tree’s bark to get rid of gonorrhea. However, further research is necessary to discover what other conditions may be improved with White Marudah.

Dendritic Xylem
05-23-2010, 08:54 PM
The whole tree is so rich on calcium that even the soil it grows on becomes rich on this element too.

I wonder where all that calcium came from... ;)

My prayers go out to your pops and family.
Heart problems and cancer plague my mothers side.

LeoRetilus
05-23-2010, 09:24 PM
I wonder where all that calcium came from... ;)

My prayers go out to your pops and family.
Heart problems and cancer plague my mothers side.

Extra calcium...Ah goody you caught that too, huh. Biological transmutation is a reality, especially among plants and trees and especially the class of bacteria-like extremophiles known as Archeons, neither generally accepted as a class within the plant or animal kingdoms by all scientists, they most wholly represent IMO a real mineral lifeform and have been recently been classed on their own by a few scientists, but I have to say who cares about scientific classification, mother nature sure doesn't, hell there is a new ocean seaslug that lives off photosynthesis alone, it borrowed the gene from the algae that it ate, so it essentially got the info and "cut out the middle man" and now it eats from the sun alone, cool huh?

Thanks for the thoughts and prayers

Dendritic Xylem
05-23-2010, 11:02 PM
so it essentially got the info and "cut out the middle man" and now it eats from the sun alone, cool huh?

Man is soon to follow...:)

LeoRetilus
05-23-2010, 11:14 PM
Yeah that'd be cool....yells to the wife, "honey I'm absolutely famished I think I'll go out and get some sunlight", at work during lunchtime everybody would be on the roof sprawled out on lawn chairs, hey powernap+lunch at the same time, you wake up with a full stomach. I don't know about being green though, but hey theres that chick off BattleStar Galactica and She-Hulk too.:D