PDA

View Full Version : the seductive art of alchemy

solomon levi
08-27-2010, 11:38 PM
The promises of alchemy are seductive - wealth, youth, longevity, psychic powers...

Alchemy itself is an art whose secrets must be "seduced" out of nature.

The alchemist is the lover and nature and the art are the beloved.

My point is, this is a relationship - one that requires serious devotion and attention.

When we go searching for recipes, it is like inviting someone else to make love
to your wife for you. It isn't going to better your relationship or lead to the goal.
This woman(nature) requires a lot of foreplay.

Salazius
08-28-2010, 07:38 AM
Alchemy, is like cooking or painting or having any other skill, you need the indefinissable knack, the inner intuition, the flame in the Heart, you have, or you don't have it, you can try and try, and acheive nothing without all this.

A person can really try to enlight with Alchemy, beleiving firmly in this Science, but having no knack at all and understanding nothing that one tries to acheive, and even if one is keeping the tracks and trying to go on, I beleive he should try another method. He is simply not made for that.

Alchemy is an Art; it means that you have your own way to make it, and I have my own different way to make it. Two painters, two sculputors, with the same colours, material, etc, will do two different thing.

Some say you need to have some Hermes in you. This Hermes makes the difference in all Hermetical Sciences. This Hermes is the link between you and Nature, and Nature's Secrets, Laws, Science.

theFool
09-06-2010, 07:10 PM
Alchemy, is "a chaste whore who has many lovers but, by deluding them all, is successfully embraced by none among them ... from foolish men it makes insane ones; from rich men, paupers; from philosophers, fatuous men; from deceived men, very garroulous deceivers."

-Johanes Trirhemius

True Initiate
09-08-2010, 01:11 AM
Yes we are all being seduced.When i get tired of Theory and i start to having my doubts then i tend to drown myself even more in reading alchemical writings.It is like an alcoholic who wants to solve all his problems by drinking even more.It's a addiction.

The word's from a catholic cardinal ( i forgot his name).

"These are poor souls who search for the squared circle, perpetual motion and Philosopher's Stone."

Awani
09-16-2010, 11:18 PM
Indeed, that is how I got caught long ago... I recall just reading the word alchemy... and the word (without even knowing what it was) was like a magnet. AL-CHEM-Y... the word in itself is very powerful, mysterious and beautiful, IMHO!

:cool:

Donna Matrix
09-30-2010, 05:03 AM
I hate to sound adolescent, but OMG I love this stuff! Its like I have come home- my peeps at last! All I wanna do is study this stuff, more and more. And the more I study, the stronger my obsession becomes. There is actually a thing called the Divine Obsession, which I first ran across in the writings of Alice Bailey. Ascended master DK talks about how special this lifetime is when this develops and what amazing progress the soul makes on its return trip back to source. History is full of amazing saints who all had the Divine Obsession, I am sure great alchemists had it too. I think to obtain the mystical marriage, or ascension, one would have to bevery single minded.

Lots of love to everybody on this forum. We all can shine brighter together than apart.

Road
06-03-2011, 09:19 AM
Not All Attractions Are Fatal, Nor Are All Seductions Fruitless. Some Do As Yet Conceive A Golden Child, The Right End, The Right Progeny That All Desired.

Berylac
06-03-2011, 12:49 PM
Hi,

True enough. I got attracted into Alchemy because of two things. One, the name. When I first heard about Alchemy, I thought it was something that has to do with Chemistry. And when the more I called out "Alchemy" physically, I have feelings of urge to pronounce Alchemy very precisely and gently. Secondly, the benefits! Quite attractive and fruitful blessings, however, nothing gives unless we start our studies.

Regards,
Berylac