PDA

View Full Version : Homer's dulcification method

duka_kv
09-20-2010, 10:50 AM
I am in process of making gold potable by method of Homer (i found it the most acceptable for me), described in Golden Chain.
So is there anubody that did it, becouse i stuck with dulcification.
How would I know when it is too "sweet" and if it is not "over sweeted"?
And did term "sweet" mean a real sweet taste or something other?
I try it, actually lick it, and taste is wery wery sour, so i wash mu mouth with wather wery fast.
I also dulcify with much more quantity then Homer said, becouse my acidum is not so strong (I stoped with acidum, becouse taste didnot become sweet, also peace of gold was 12carat, so color of oil is green)..so I would appreciate any thought or expirianced members of forum.
Regards, Milutin.
P.S. sorry for my bad English

horticult
09-20-2010, 09:31 PM
I do not know, but I think that for these experiments should be used 24 carat. /Preferably a nugget?/

duka_kv
09-22-2010, 09:23 AM
That is probably why color is green (from copper and silver).I had to purify gold first, its pretty logical, but i had not patience, so some dust (preferably from aurum chlorid) stay at the bottom undisolved...

Salazius
09-22-2010, 10:27 AM
Hi Milutin,

Because copper is blue, and gold yellow/red, you will have green colour.
You could use pure gold leaves 24K.

I can't say about your Golden Chain gold process as I never made it.

IMO you should use a PH paper in order to have a 7PH.

Aleilius
09-22-2010, 07:11 PM
I have not tried this particular process either. Jewelry isn't really suitable for our use in its current state. Gold is often found alloyed with silver, and/or copper. Sometimes the jewelry is only gold plated. There are a few different methods out there to purify gold from jewelry. You can use ferric chloride to remove copper impurities. Alternatively, copperas can be used to precipitate the gold from a gold/copper chloride solution (copperas is a reducing agent). Silver chloride is insoluble, and this property can be used to separate silver from gold/copper.

I have to agree with the others. Try to get a hold of some 24k gold gilding leaves. These are really easy to do work with because the gold is so thin. It's almost like working with gold calx.

The sour taste sounds like you might've had some acid leftover.

Good luck!

solomon levi
09-23-2010, 10:09 PM
yes, in my opinion dulcification doesn't usually produce "sweetness" but merely refers to
lack of acidity, neutral pH; like drinking water.

duka_kv
09-30-2010, 12:34 PM
Thanks for advices.
I am a little suspicious about gilding leaves and purity of them, so if anyone have expiriance with them, where to buy, where not, etc..

Salazius
10-02-2010, 11:52 AM
I use gilding leaves, but powder of gold, 24 Kis also very good if you can have some, I purchase on ebay the leaves, I never witnessed a trace of other metal in it... since I totally open and extract them, I would have notify it since a long time ago IMO.

Ghislain
10-02-2010, 01:19 PM
I use edible gold flakes...23k which does, I believe, contain a little silver.

You can see it and other products here (http://www.delafee.com/buy-goldleaf-php?gclid=CPOP4NKhtKQCFYr92AodBE_Ixw)

Ghislain