PDA

View Full Version : The Seven Deadly Sins

Aleilius
09-24-2010, 03:48 AM
We all have our own inner demons, and we're all bound to some form of sin. Which of the seven deadly sins represents you the most? Which can you identify with?

Mine is pride. I am prideful. Everything I do mirrors my prideful nature. My alias mirrors my prideful nature. My words & actions mirror my prideful nature. I seemed to define myself by this pride. I know it is perhaps the most serious of the seven deadly sins. I have been trying to work on it, and I try my hardest to suppress it. I also know this is the crux of many of your complaints about myself, and for this I do apologize.

So let's here it! We can have a confessional here. :eek:

Aleilius the Prideful

Seth-Ra
09-24-2010, 03:54 AM
Though i try not to let it out much, mine is definitely wrath. I LOATH injustice, im also not a fan of self-perpetuated stupidity, arrogance, or ignorance. My martial arts gives me both an outlet for my wrath, and a way to effectively use it against them that provoke it. lol
Luckily, possibly due to my gemini nature, even though im quick to draw my sword (literally) im also quick to forgive and let it go. (kind of like "Speak your repentance now, or forever hold your own pieces." ^.~ ) lol

I try to be known for my restraint though, so, here's to hoping. :D

~Seth-Ra - The Wrathful

Awani
09-24-2010, 04:22 AM
I have been trying to work on it, and I try my hardest to suppress it.

I think this might be why you have trouble getting rid of this. Suppression usually never goes anywhere... things like this thread you have created will probably do more good for you than suppressing it. So it is a good sign! :)

My deadly sin is WRATH, without a doubt.

Usually wrath at society and the world, and this is often counter-productive. Nature is the best cure for this I feel.

:cool:

Aleilius
09-24-2010, 04:27 AM
I think this might be why you have trouble getting rid of this. Suppression usually never goes anywhere... things like this thread you have created will probably do more good for you than suppressing it. So it is a good sign! :)
Yeah, my pride is leaping out at this right now. LOL.

Awani
09-24-2010, 04:31 AM
Exactly...

"A good sword is the one left in its scabbard." - Japanese proverb

If you know you are the best... well that you know is enough... who cares what others think? This is how I dealt with pride.

Aleilius
09-24-2010, 04:34 AM
If you know you are the best... well that you know is enough... who cares what others think? This is how I dealt with pride.
Suffice to say it's in engrained in my nature as an Aries. Always seeking to try to be number one. I blame the alignment of the planets for my conundrums!

Nah, it's my own fault I suppose. Shouldn't place blame on something external. We are our own worst enemies.

Awani
09-24-2010, 04:36 AM
Imagine if we all strived to be number one without stepping over others... I mean what a world we would get. I think there are not enough people who aim high... most seem to be content with the cards they have been dealt. This is the real sin.

"Knowledge without wisdom is a load of books on the back of an ass." - Japanese proverb

Love those japs! ;)

Are you still an Aries if you count in the 13th sign the Serpent Holder?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sidereal_astrology#The_13_astronomical_constellati ons_of_the_ecliptic

Edit: shit, I got Deja Vu posting this post... how weird...

Aleilius
09-24-2010, 04:43 AM
Knowledges lends itself to understanding, and understanding lends itself to wisdom. These things are mere trifles in the light of pride. ;)

Even though Lucifer fell, he was still maintained his pride after the fall, and sought to set up his own kingdom in light of this pride. It really is the worst of the worst.

Are you still an Aries if you count in the 13th sign the Serpent Holder?
Technicalities! Pfft.

Aleilius
09-26-2010, 06:35 AM
One of the things that really bothers me about this is that I do not want to lose friends (the ones I do have), and I do not like the notion of being hated because of this. I receive what I dish out.

LeoRetilus
09-26-2010, 07:27 AM
http://www.google.com/images?q=tbn:vLgyQP_KB6x3nM::www.maniacworld.com/Alfa-Romeo-Sloth.jpg&t=1&h=94&w=133&usg=__fCEesQpk1pYkrCBSFzlONBRppRY=

I think mine is sloth, because I procrastinate and my primary failure in life is declaring openly to everbody what I am going to do before I do it, which usually leads to me never doing it or even starting it, or someone stealing my ideas.... my uncle used to tell me this was my biggest fault, that I had alot of great ideas and I was very intelligent but I never accomplished any of them cause I was lazy and my talents were wasted on me and you know, he was right...... that somehow by letting the cat out of the bag prematurely, it takes the wind out of your sails.

http://laiskiainen.org/pic/sloth20052small.jpg

Btw: Why do sloths smile? Its really creepy!

Aleilius
09-26-2010, 07:37 AM
LOL, yeah, I see what you mean!

Seth-Ra
09-26-2010, 07:55 PM

Because they know something you dont. ^.~
"Look as the world moves so quickly - they keep dying and we keep living."

I sympathize with you Leo, i too have a touch of that one... tis so tiresome. >.>
lol ^.~

~Seth-Ra

Ghislain
09-27-2010, 08:20 PM
I'm going to deal with my procrastination, just not right now.

Ghislain

LeoRetilus
09-27-2010, 11:00 PM
Yeah,... why do today, what you can put off until tomorrow. The only problem is that we run out of tomorrows.

But if I never conquer it then at least I can take solace in that my disposition towards this vice will afford me the opportunity when I get old, that hopefully I can put off death as well. And if it works it will be easier to become a master procrastinator than a master alchemist. :D(sloth smile) :cool: (with sunglasses)

Seth-Ra
09-28-2010, 12:06 AM
lol @ LR - tis a great idea. XD

Ive always said it like this: "Why do today what i could put off till tomorrow - cause chances are i could die tonight and never have to do it anyway." lol ^.~

~Seth-Ra

Aleilius
09-28-2010, 07:38 AM
You, sloths, you!

Ghislain
06-18-2016, 08:26 PM
Recently I have been following the American primary elections...I didn't realise what an effect this would have, for it has instilled in me a vicious anger, first at the corruption within the system and second by the ignorance of the people to be duped by the corruption via the mainstream media.

As the rich get richer the poor get poorer and also as the rich get richer they just want more and more.

Corporate constructed wars have been fabricated in numerous places around the world for profit and control. Many lives are being taken as I write, in the name of big bucks and it is affecting the whole world.

The American people are giving up (mostly voluntarily) their human rights as written in their constitution, duped by FEAR...False Evidence Appearing Real.

I believe the reason for it is our lack of control over and respect for the seven cardinal sins.

We were given Eden and all we had to do for it was have that self control, but we have failed in a big way and unless we somehow bring this under control I can see no future for us or the Eden we were given.

Lust
Gluttony
Greed
Sloth
Wrath
Envy
Pride

My heart feels broken :(

Bill Hicks said the American Dream is called a dream because you have to be asleep to believe it. I believe the majority have been sleeping and now it is time to wake up!

I hope it is not too late.

Ghislain