PDA

View Full Version : Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs

Awani
09-24-2010, 04:26 AM
Maslow's hierarchy of needs is a theory in psychology, proposed by Abraham Maslow in his 1943 paper A Theory of Human Motivation. Maslow subsequently extended the idea to include his observations of humans' innate curiosity. His theories parallel many other theories of human developmental psychology, all of which focus on describing the stages of growth in humans.

Maslow studied what he called exemplary people such as Albert Einstein, Jane Addams, Eleanor Roosevelt, and Frederick Douglass rather than mentally ill or neurotic people, writing that "the study of crippled, stunted, immature, and unhealthy specimens can yield only a cripple psychology and a cripple philosophy." Maslow also studied the healthiest 1% of the college student population.

Maslow's theory was fully expressed in his 1954 book Motivation and Personality. - source (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maslow's_hierarchy_of_needs)

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h18/deviadah/forum/800px-Maslows_Hierarchy_of_Needssvg.png

The very fact that Maslow studied what he called exemplary people rather than mentally ill or neurotic people... and this is his big mistake I think if I look at this from my own world-view.

Those that try and break free from the Matrix (or whatever you want to call it) usually end up alienated to such a degree they become mentally ill. The schizophrenia of shamans for example.

This is my attempt at a new version:

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h18/deviadah/forum/maslow.png

I leave explaining the sections to your own interpretation... (and before you say anything women can also have balls)!

:cool:

III
10-23-2010, 05:54 PM
Maslow's hierarchy of needs became part of the basis of Transpersonal Psychology. I think things can be described in many diferent ways. Because of the belief systems of the time he held back on the transpersonal for years until after his stint as president of the APA.

Those that try and break free from the Matrix (or whatever you want to call it) usually end up alienated to such a degree they become mentally ill. The schizophrenia of shamans for example.

As far as shaman and schizophrenia remark goes I think that just doesn't quite cut it. I think it is a lot more complicated than that. First, I have met and dealt with schizophrenics and known some in depth along with a number of shamans. It's certainly possible that there is crossover, especially in primative tribal situations. Most of them are not as functional as most shamans appear to be. Consider the neurological effects of methylb12/adb12 deficiency. It can cause all manner of personality and mood disorders. It makes people hypersensitive in some ways, and places and completely insensitive in others in the brain. There is a subset of persons who have some kind of problem in the body transporting cobalamins (2 types of natural b12 for different functions and not interchangable for many) into the cerebral spinal fluid and retaining it there. These people don't have adequate amounts avaialable from any possible diet. The effects vary tremendously depending upon the ratio of adb12:mb12 and other missing items. One can see a Dr Jeckle and Mr Hyde changes, psychosis up to and including "megaloblastic madness, the most florrid psychosis known to man" and a total of 300 symtoms affecting every part of the body and brain. A modest deficiency causes long term chronic illness and poor neurological functioning.

The tantric meal would not have sufficient mb12/adb12 to affect the brains profoundly of those who have difficulty getting getting sufficient cobalamins into the CSF. In modern society these people are represented by CFS/FMS/Alzhiemers/Parkinsons, possibly autism and no doubt some others. A more normal deficiency can include MCS, depression, and any combination of 300 symptoms affecting every system of the body. The chronic illnesses so apparantly common in shaman appear to be active b12s deficiencies in many cases. Eating liver regularly would often be sufficient to reverse these.

The effects of the natural active b12s on a malfunctioning brain can cause rapid changes. Multi sensory hallucinations can cease in 2-4 hours. One of the effects of mb12/adb12 for most is an increase in mental clarity and sensitivity and a decrease in weirdness. The presence of the active b12s can allow the energy flows of increased consciousness to happen without all the weirdness as they become better balanced and undistorted and the hallucinations cease.

I have given over 1000 people the active b12s and watched the effects. A subset of those, teenage boys whose lives are all messed up who are polydrug abusers, and in this I am specifically excluding those very specificly using shamanic type drugs only and functioning well, 100% of those boys had responses that demonstrated moderate to severe deficiencies

The weirdness appears to come from a person attempting to make sense of the hallucinations and assign a cause and interpretation to what amounts to hypersensitivity to neurological "noise".

Alienation is a result, not a cause. I think you have cause and effect reversed. The mentally ill are often alienated and alienation appears to possibly be a result of messed up neural biochemistry.

The level of existance in the matrix of somebody functioning well can be Christ/Krishna/Buddha consciousness (whether those are different names for the same thing or somewhat different but similar chambers or not is beyond the scope of this statement) whereas one who has a disordered neurology would produce a distorted understanding and experience of that level with possibly wild stories and hallucinations mixed in.

Mb12/adb12 have a tendency to produce a more balanced non-hallucinatory experience. A hazard is to have both the consciousness and ones "dream generator" running at the same time. The dream generator causes all sorts of weird interpretations and increased illusion and hallucination.

Andro
10-24-2010, 07:38 AM
Mb12/adb12 have a tendency to produce a more balanced non-hallucinatory experience. A hazard is to have both the consciousness and ones "dream generator" running at the same time. The dream generator causes all sorts of weird interpretations and increased illusion and hallucination.

Non-hallucinatory experience... what kind of strange experience is that? And how can I have one?

:D

(That was the shaman in me talking :))

As long as there is experience within one variation of Time/Space or another - there is a dream generator running, no matter where one perceives it to be located.
(along one's specified/particular consciousness or at a different level of the design)

As for interpretations - they are not fully avoidable unless/untill we communicate through Universal Language. Most of us are way too specified to even truly grasp the concept, let alone surrender to it...
__________________________________________________ _______________________

III, you got me very intertested in mb12/adb12. Besides eating liver, are there other ways to make them efficiently and naturally available to the body?
I have quite a few clients which I can connect to conditions you described as related to such deficiencies.
Are you aware of ways to bypass a malfunctioning internal transport/delivery system?

Thank you for your very informative posts!

Awani
10-25-2010, 12:46 AM
Alienation is a result, not a cause. I think you have cause and effect reversed. The mentally ill are often alienated and alienation appears to possibly be a result of messed up neural biochemistry.

Alienation is a result, as I said, so I don't know what you are disagreeing with? The insane are the sane, IMO, most of the time... these days we lock them up, before we killed them (and sometimes still do).

:cool:

III
10-28-2010, 08:22 PM
Non-hallucinatory experience... what kind of strange experience is that? And how can I have one?

:D

(That was the shaman in me talking :))

As long as there is experience within one variation of Time/Space or another - there is a dream generator running, no matter where one perceives it to be located.
(along one's specified/particular consciousness or at a different level of the design)

As for interpretations - they are not fully avoidable unless/untill we communicate through Universal Language. Most of us are way too specified to even truly grasp the concept, let alone surrender to it...
__________________________________________________ _______________________

III, you got me very intertested in mb12/adb12. Besides eating liver, are there other ways to make them efficiently and naturally available to the body?
I have quite a few clients which I can connect to conditions you described as related to such deficiencies.
Are you aware of ways to bypass a malfunctioning internal transport/delivery system?

Thank you for your very informative posts!

Hi Androgynus,

The sublingual b12s of the right brands work very well at bypassing 100% of the problems of the internal delivery, transport and absorption system. It is also possilbe to bypass the brqin blood barrier to get the active b12s to brains starving for the active b12s. I've spent 7 years debugging all this.
http://forums.wrongdiagnosis.com/showthread.php?t=62327 has all the basics. We can discuss any of the questions that arise after reading the basics. BRANDS ARE CRITICAL. Taking the tablets properly is critical. Cofactors are critical. There is an entire protocol laid out for all levels of the 4 different b12 deficiencies as well as a list of about 300 symptoms and signs and co-correlates.

It takes a well functioning brain to get the most out of alchemy. Anything less can be crippling. Good luck.

Andro
10-28-2010, 08:32 PM
III,

Thank you for the b12 info. I'll do my research and will be glad to continue the discussion if any further questions arise.

It takes a well functioning brain to get the most out of alchemy. Anything less can be crippling. Good luck.

Good luck to you too.