PDA

View Full Version : Rene Schwaeble

Hellin Hermetist
10-18-2010, 04:39 PM
Lately I am studying a small French treatise named "Alchime Simplifie", written by a certain Rene Schwaeble. The author devotes his treatise to his Maitre J.K. Huysman, a famous French author, better known for his novel named La-bas.

The treatise has some interesting points, although it isn't very alchemical. It seems that the author is trying to combine the chemical theories of his period with the ancient doctrine of the alchemists. He is speaking about the astral light and he is referring to hydrogen, oxygen, nitrogen and carbon as the primitive substances/atoms from which are created all the choses which are found at the earth. In any case, it's an interesting reading.

In the same treatise, you will also find some archemical experiments, some of which are similar to the experiments which are mentioned at the Papyri Leyden. You shall find even a procedure for the production of a transmutation stone. At the end of the treatise the author makes a mention to a certain Dr. Jobert of Paris, with whom it seems that he was in contact and that they had worked together for some time.

Does anyone has more infos about the life of that Rene Schwaeble and the relation between him, Nuysman and Dr. Jobert? Also, does anyone know anything more about that Dr. Jobert? Is that a real name or a pseudonym? Maybe our friends from France, which are well informed at the historical matters can shed some light here.

PS: You can download the aforementioned treatise from the following link.
http://chrysopee.pagesperso-orange.fr/somalc.htm

Pink Panther
10-18-2010, 06:06 PM
Hello Hellin Hermetist,

René Schwaeblé's Alchimie simplifiée often borrows materials form the Dr Jobert's Cours d'alchimie. It is almost a plagiarism. Schwaeblé presents himselfs as a supporter of Dr Jobert, in the controversy that opposed Jobert to Hyperchemists*.
Schwaeblé can be considered as a Jobert's student.
At the end of his Alchimie simplifiée, he gives a recipe that is supposed to turn lead into silver. This recipe was first published by Dr Jobert.

Who was Dr Jobert ? Some writers, such as Richard Khaitzine, think that he was Fulcanelli. I hope no !
"Dr Jobert" real name was Alphonse Dousson. He had a little moment of glory in 1905, when he claimed to produce transmutations in front of some reporters. Some of the Hyperchemists (such as Delassus) asked him to repeat these transmutations in their presence... but it did not work.
He was jailed in 1912 for fraud and illegal practice of medicine. An article in the Evening Post on September 7th, 1912, report it.
http://reinedumidi.com/rdm/Jobert.htm

I think Jobert and Schaeblé's texts are of a poor interst.
Some other French alchemic authors tried to classify the chemical elements (carbon, nitrogen, oxygen, etc.) according to the 4 classical elements (earth, water, air and fire) : François Jollivet-Castelot (headmaster of the Hyperchemists), Henri Coton-Alvart (Pierre Dujols' disciple), ...

Best regards
Pink Panther
_____
* The Hyperchemists were a group of passionate people in both chemistry and alchemy. They wanted to show that alchemy was real, using modern scientific techniques. Their goal was to convince scientists that alchemy was not just a dream. This group came into existence in the late 1890s, and it disappeared shortly after the First World War. This group was based in the North of France. Although it had a "scientific" label, it was also related to occultism, and some of his members were intersted in astrology, magic, etc. Jollivet-Castelot was a Dr Papus' follower. They have both emerged from the Theosophical Society, and created some so-called R+C groups.

Weidenfeld
10-19-2010, 04:32 PM
As far as I could see one of Schwaeble's experiments also resemble the ones of the so called cinnabar way. At least he realized the right composition of the elements (Hg, S, KOH) as given by several other followers of that path.

Salazius
10-19-2010, 04:46 PM
He uses prepared sea salt and not KOH.
His text worth a reading and is interesting.

solomon levi
10-19-2010, 06:09 PM
Not another name for Rene Schwaller? Very similar.

Hellin Hermetist
10-19-2010, 09:24 PM
Thanks Pink Panther for all the infos. And the other guys too.

I know that the procedure which is described at the end of Schwaeble' s treatise is taken from Dr Jobert, as Schwaeble doesn't hide this fact. In any case this procedure to turn lead into silver is the least interesting of the procedures which are described at his treatise. I agree with Salazius and I believe that his treatise is worth a reading. It's not really alchemical or hermetical, but it describes some interesting experiments with a lot of details. Does anyone know why Schwaeble devotes his treatise to his master J.K. Huysman? Had the famous author made any research at the archemical domain?

I also reject wholehearted the assumption of Richard Khaitzine, that Fulcanelli was Dr. Jobert, at least if the writings of Dr. Jobert are similar to those of Schwaeble. The writings of Fulcanelli are hermetical, while those of Schwaeble are chemical/archemical. I can't understand how he arrived at such a conclusion.