PDA

View Full Version : Max Duval

True Initiate
10-29-2010, 04:05 PM
I am searching for the books from French alchemist Max Duval.I have heard that Max Duval was the deck name of Kamala Jnana and their paths are identical (Cinnabar path).
If anybody could give me the name of the books or the books themselves :D i will be very gratefull.

Salazius
10-29-2010, 04:14 PM
There is a french Max Duval (late) that was an Astrologuer, seemingly he was using the Cinnabar Way, and commited the ultimate act because of Hg...

He wrote : Les moyens de pronostic en astrologie, Max Duval, Ed Traditionnelles, 1986 and also a book upon Mythology of Tree in Bretagne.

I think he is the one you were looking at. I don't know anything else.

True Initiate
10-30-2010, 11:01 AM
Thank you Sal i have found one.

http://cura.free.fr/decem/08delboy.html

Weidenfeld
11-01-2010, 11:42 AM
I know of the work "Le Grand Oeuvre Alchimique" written by Max Duval. It seems to be the sole and major work done by this author.

PRE-PREPARATION.

Cette « première opération » destinée à préparer le Sel philosophique, cet une phase purement chimique. On y emploie le feu vulgaire.

Pour le magistère alchimique, seule la potasse caustique à la chaux et NON purifiée à l’alcool, serait directement utilisable. ( Faute de quoi, la « coque saline » dont il sera question plus loin ne pourrait pas ensuite se former).
L’ancienne réparation de ce « Sel » par les Alchimiste, consistait à prendre en poids, 2 parties de cendres d’écorce de chêne vert pourri que l’on mêlait avec 1 partie de chaux-vive, non en poudre, mais en morceaux de taille moyenne pour conserver les « chambres de feu » ( Cf. le Cours de chimie de Lemery — 1675 ). On versait alors en bonne quantité de l’eau quasi bouillante ( 80°C.).

oratius
07-12-2011, 02:15 PM
Hello, dear Weidenfeld,

I know of the work "Le Grand Oeuvre Alchimique" written by Max Duval. It seems to be the sole and major work done by this author.

What is your opinion about this book?

Thank you,

Oratius

Weidenfeld
07-13-2011, 01:55 PM
Unfortunately I don't read French very well so I had to translate the text by machine. It seems to me that he knows what he's writing about. In any case an interesting work. Maybe there are French people who can add something about the author.

True Initiate
07-15-2011, 04:50 PM
I am not French but i am able to add something to the discussion.

Max Duval has correctly recognised that KOH doesn't have the power to separate Cinnabar into it's principles so he used the Thermite reaction to do the job. Unfortunatelly (for him) adding Aluminum and Iron oxide to Cinnabar will ruin the whole Path so another secret booster must be chosen to do the job.

Salazius
07-16-2011, 02:18 PM
A Thermite reaction !! Damn ... but it's so simple. Why to make complicated things ??

True Initiate
07-16-2011, 04:59 PM
A Thermite reaction !! Damn ... but it's so simple. Why to make complicated things ??

Because he was a typical Chemist and mental masturbator (a term coined by Donna Matrix in another thread)! Alchemists well versed in Chemistry held themselves for superior and always are trying to explain Alchemy in modern chemical terms. To update Alchemy in a way...

One of the followers (victims) of Max Duval is Rubellus Petrinus who even intepreted the tablets of Abraham the Jew according to Max Duvals work!

Here are few documents in English from this modern Author:
http://www.filesonic.com/file/1458760434/Max_Duval.rar

Salazius
07-16-2011, 06:31 PM
Thank you for this information.

That's a pitty.

I was recently thinking about giving here and on my blog the first steps of the Cinnabar way (as I know it), in clear, just to the black color, and after, letting people play with this particular Path since the direction after this Black will depend only of the understanding of the spagerist. Many many possible choices to make after.

But it would be an incitation for people to play with Hg, and I don't like that at all.

True Initiate
07-16-2011, 10:02 PM
Well even worse for the people is to follow Max Duval's work and if somebody wants to try it nothing will stop him.

oratius
07-25-2011, 11:14 AM
Thank you for this information.

I was recently thinking about giving here and on my blog the first steps of the Cinnabar way (as I know it), in clear, just to the black color, and after, letting people play with this particular Path since the direction after this Black will depend only of the understanding of the spagerist. Many many possible choices to make after.

But it would be an incitation for people to play with Hg, and I don't like that at all.

Well, I believe that Alchemy demands a certain degree of maturity and prudence.
Accidents may happen even in the most specialized Hi-Tech laboratories, so one can never be too cautious.

In my opinion, the Cinnabar Path is not more dangerous than other paths. It is true that the main substance involved is notoriously toxic, but it is this knowledge that makes one be VERY careful... After all, for every substance there is a "Material Safety Data Sheet"...!

The technical details of this Path can be found on the web (Max Duval and other docs). So, IMHO, there is no point in hiding this know-how. If someone is experienced, he would offer a great service if he described this path openly and in detail, signaling the dangers of every stage. More dangers arise from experimentations in the dark than from following clear instructions about what to do and what to avoid.

Also, as you know, there are people out there actually SELLING this knowledge!!

So, would you reconsider...?

:-) :-) :-)

But this is only my opinion...

Oratius

Salazius
08-02-2011, 03:02 PM
Hi Oratius,

Well, if you work with bread and wine it's less dangerous than Hg and Sulfur, plus KOH ... IMO.

If the "details" of the process were found on internet, then why nobody here expose the photos of the golden fleece stage ? Or even a putrefaction ? or a three level separation ??? ... well, maybe because the instructions are NOT given on internet ! :)

Selling the knowledge is not a bad idea, instead of sharing it freely, I could have some income yes ... I can reconsider that ! For sure !!

Weidenfeld
08-02-2011, 06:37 PM
Actually there is enough material in the net in order to do some work. Whether people would harm themself is certainly a question of the quality of the given instructions, however to claim that one could people prevent doing this work because some valuable information might be refused, is simply an error.