PDA

View Full Version : Making Gold

crystalbody
12-01-2010, 12:35 AM
Has anyone succeeded in making gold. I'm am able to make gold, but a very fine coating from lead. I use the urine salt method. I don't understand how to multiply the stone. Any suggestions? And also ,...Can you do it without using GOLD as a seed? As you know gold i at $1400 an ounce,....ouch!

amoodikh
05-13-2011, 11:17 AM
Has anyone succeeded in making gold. I'm am able to make gold, but a very fine coating from lead. I use the urine salt method. I don't understand how to multiply the stone. Any suggestions? And also ,...Can you do it without using GOLD as a seed? As you know gold i at $1400 an ounce,....ouch!

What method are you using to produce urine salt? Is your urine salt ammonia nitrate or another type of ammonia? I believe type of salt makes a difference...Anyways congratulation for your gold success. What is the qty you produce and did you test it? Did you expose it to nitric acid?

I believe that some alchemists use sulphur of gold as a seed for the stone instead of metal gold. Are you using sulphur of gold?

Can you share with us picture of your result..

Kind wishes.
amoodikh

theFool
05-13-2011, 12:50 PM
but a very fine coating from lead
Drop some hydrochloric acid (10% is ok) on this piece of lead, you will see the yellow coating to disappear.

rogerc
05-14-2011, 04:53 AM
Drop some hydrochloric acid (10% is ok) on this piece of lead, you will see the yellow coating to disappear.

What does this prove???.... hydrochloric acid alone does dissolve gold, especially when spread thin .....so do all the members of the halogen family, .....so would the oxidation action of the acid on the lead.... anything that evolves oxygen will dissolve gold as well, for as long as it evolves oxygen gas it will put gold into solution side by side. The best way to test is to dissolve both in aqua regia then blot a piece of filter paper with some of the chlride solution then blot a drop of stannous chloride solution on top ... if you get any color change i.e. blue, purple or brownish-black then you have made gold, otherwise its just a gold colored oxide of lead.

crystalbody
06-05-2011, 12:41 AM
QUESTION? Does lead oxide look like gold? If you burn lead its turns yellow , not gold!!?? I need to get you guys some pics.

Salazius
06-05-2011, 07:49 AM
Yes what the Fool said is true, the coating will go off with HCl.

Now if you heat long enough, this gold coating will be pinkish, and then give a black oxyde, in very little quantity.

This is not really a transmutation, more a kind of "animation" of the metal, or "reanimation" (anima = soul = sulfur).