PDA

View Full Version : it takes three

solomon levi
12-12-2010, 05:06 AM
Just noticing on youtube comments -
you have the haters that dislike a video,
then those who like it defending and being offended,
then you have people come along and play wise referee
and make comments like, "everyone's entitled to their opinion".

I finally see the third type as equal to the other two and not above.
I must be the fourth type of asshole that silently judges the vocal assholes.

:)

Albion
12-12-2010, 12:44 PM
I never saw the point of posting that one doesn’t like a music video - except when someone graciously points out what they consider to be a better version or remix - in which case they are often being helpful. Otherwise, if you [addressing the general listener] don’t like a song, just move on… But when someone posts that they do like the song and/or the accompanying video, they are expressing their gratitude/appreciation to the one who took the time & trouble to upload/create it, which can be both encouraging to them and uplifting to the listeners. And sometimes positive posters will magnify, or contribute insight into, some special aspect of the music that can augment the listening pleasure of others ["check out the bass beginning at 2:15"].

Opinions regarding the quality of a piece of music are highly subjective. Compare this to the reviews of books [and movies] on amazon.com. Whenever I am considering a book [or movie] that someone recommends I go to amazon and scan the reviews. Sometimes it is the lone dissenting voice, among a chorus of enraptured fans, that is really backed by the degree of refined scholarly and/or experiencial insight that can effectually deconstruct the false premises of the work in question. But often, many of the positive reviews are also helpful when they explain why they thought/felt the book was excellent. Mixed [3-star] reviews are often the most useful because, in the majority of cases, a book is neither wholly excellent nor wholly worthless. But the presentation of a package of ideas is more subject to debate as to its relative intellectual quality. And the mini-debates of the value of books that take place in the quasi-forum of amazon.com can be highly informative.

"God Moving Over the Face of the Waters" [minus comments] -Moby
http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=r3IXg8t8Ybs&vq=medium#t=68

solomon levi
12-15-2010, 06:59 PM
Hey Albion!
Yeah, I think it's very funny, how fragile people are.
Like if 24 people clicked thumbs down, someone always has to comment -
"Must be 24 deaf people" or some stupid thing, like they are threatened or attacked
by someone else not agreeing with their musical preference...
which as you point out is soooo subjective. ??? WTF?

I forget I was once like that too... so long ago, like another life.

I guess i commented because it all seems so predictable,
like day follows night. And i felt glad not to be a part of it anymore.
But then i saw my part.
Doh!

Albion
12-16-2010, 02:42 AM
:) הֵבַנְתִּי הַכֹּל

Aleilius
12-16-2010, 02:49 AM
Soon my friend, soon, you will be drawn to our side. ;)

What's the point of judgment if one can't dictate said judgment?

solomon levi
12-16-2010, 03:41 AM
:) הֵבַנְתִּי הַכֹּל

;)

Hi Aleilius.
What i see for me, giving it a voice kind of implies that I think it will make a difference,
and I no longer do (think I can make a difference; think unreasonable people will respond to reason, etc...)
Of course there's areas where i still do think my voice could make a difference,
but they are threatened by extinction. :)

Aleilius
12-18-2010, 12:29 AM
;)

Hi Aleilius.
What i see for me, giving it a voice kind of implies that I think it will make a difference,
and I no longer do (think I can make a difference; think unreasonable people will respond to reason, etc...)
Of course there's areas where i still do think my voice could make a difference,
but they are threatened by extinction. :)
Hey SL, sometimes I feel the same way. What difference can I possibly make? A guy with no money, no status, and very little good luck. Is there any possible difference I can make? Is it possible that I can turn people away from their path of errors? Is it possible that I can enlighten those that do not wish to be enlightened? I suppose if I were to say yes I would be showing my own unreasonableness. Even then, how do I know that I am not playing the role of the unenlightened trying to enlighten the unenlightened?

In the end, I do not know, but I hope I can make a difference. Good men must act. The 'other side' never rests. I suppose there comes a point when we must accept destiny, and pray that the Great One has a plan for all. It tests our faith (well, it does mine).

Judgment should be the role of those that are sinless (i.e. those with glass houses should not throw stones). I suppose this is where I become a hypocrite at times.

solomon levi
12-18-2010, 01:54 AM
Hey Aleilius. :)
The hypocrisy for me is between my visions/experiences of Oneness and my forgetfulness of that Truth.
My inaction comes from the knowingness of Oneness. It is a certainty and requires no faith.
But it is hard to convey or translate it to/from forgetfulness.
Buddha said it like this:
"Paradoxical though it may sound: There is a path to walk on, there is walking being done, but there is no traveller. There are deeds being done, but there is no doer."

The absence of self/I/ego/mind is the "sinless" place where there is no judgment and nothing to do about anything (no judge, no doer).
From the time ( no time? :) ) I have spent in that place, it has impressed me enough to know that it is the most true and most real that I have known.
From that place, there is no plan. Well, a template perhaps. But "this" is not being directed anywhere - no goal oriented plan.
But there are a lot of particulars within the One, a lot of individual and collective dreams that are trying to go some particular place.
And it's useful to get to know the "rules" of a particular reality. Perhaps we do this as a game/dream until it isn't fun anymore.
Then we transcend those boundaries back to Oneness, or maybe we create another game/dream that does interest us.
It is some people's dream to collectively change this planet into an Utopia.
It is other's dream to go wherever Utopia is found. :) (to not be so identified with this planet)
I guess I'm more of the latter. I don't feel like changing anyone, nor do I feel like waiting for people to wake up.
But when I'm awake, there is nothing needing change and no one asleep. So this is really something I have to fix (give fixity to) in myself.

I've learned how to give fixity in a progressive fashion. My visions of Ouroboros and DNA have shown me.
When I have these "peak moments", I consciously replicate my DNA so that there are more of these "wiser" cells.
If you're unfamiliar with this process:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3aVT2DTbtA8&feature=related

This replication is suggested in alchemical allegory as mirror, twin, rebis... also multiplication and projection.

This process is more effective, as i stated in "when magick becomes alive", when you have seen and can see
that you are your DNA like I've seen in my visions. (DNA is just one stage or level which I emphasize because i can understand it.
If I understood light better, I might emphasize that as the Gnostics and Kabbalists have.)

I can't prove it to anyone, but I have seen that the inner fire, the alchemical fever, the kundalini fire, Castaneda's "fire from within",
are all related by the DNA replicating. When you take the stone, or have kundalini, small or large scale, the resulting fire is the
action of large quantities of DNA replicating at once. (Thus mercury serpent, kundalini serpent, DNA serpents...)

If given the right consciousness/template, these DNA could replicate beyond what we consider physical; i.e. ascension.

III
12-18-2010, 02:06 AM
Just noticing on youtube comments -
you have the haters that dislike a video,
then those who like it defending and being offended,
then you have people come along and play wise referee
and make comments like, "everyone's entitled to their opinion".

I finally see the third type as equal to the other two and not above.

Hi Solomon,

A fellow mystic I have known for decades wants to have T-Shirts made that say "My higher self is an asshole too."

One of the most important realizations a person can have is that "I am an asshole". I suppose along with a "Hi, my name is xxxx" one can join AHA, AssHoles Anonymous. I have yet to meet a person who doesn't believe in their own brand of assholiness.

III
12-18-2010, 07:35 AM
Oops, accidental duplicate due to unresponsive server earlier.

Aleilius
12-18-2010, 05:14 PM
I can't prove it to anyone, but I have seen that the inner fire, the alchemical fever, the kundalini fire, Castaneda's "fire from within",
are all related by the DNA replicating. When you take the stone, or have kundalini, small or large scale, the resulting fire is the
action of large quantities of DNA replicating at once. (Thus mercury serpent, kundalini serpent, DNA serpents...)
Supposedly at the end & beginning of a DNA helix is a superconducting monatom. DNA acts as a transceiver for some kind of occult energy, maybe this energy is the same as kundalini, chi, prana, etc. David Hudson mentioned this a while back in a lecture. What you say is very interesting about large quantities of DNA replicating at once. This caught my attention.

Certain sound frequencies are able to active the replication & repair of DNA. Slightly off topic I suppose, might be a good idea to fork this off into another thread.

III
12-18-2010, 10:48 PM
Supposedly at each end of DNA is a superconducting monatom. DNA acts as a transceiver for some kind of occult energy, maybe this energy is the same as kundalini, chi, prana, etc. David Hudson mentioned this a while back in a lecture. What you say is very interesting about large quantities of DNA replicating at once. This caught my attention.

Certain sound frequencies are able to active the replication & repair of DNA. Slightly off topic I suppose, might be a good idea to fork this off into another thread.

Hi Alielius,

I don't know if these energies can affect DNA or not but I do know that for DNA to replicate you need the methylcobalamin and methylfolate I have mentioned elsewhere and that without these the DNA can't replicatge and somewhere in between faulty replication occurs causing all sorts of problems including abnormal PAP smears and possibly a number of cancers.

solomon levi
12-19-2010, 12:07 AM
Hi III. So which are good sources for B-12? Can you point me in the right direction?
Is b-12 the one that will make your skin flush?
I used to take something once in a while years ago and it would be like a megadose that would cause the skin to flush.
B-12 or B-6?

Aleilius
12-19-2010, 01:25 AM
Hi III. So which are good sources for B-12? Can you point me in the right direction?
I used to take something once in a while years ago and it would be like a megadose that would cause the skin to flush.
B-12 or B-6?
I take a daily B-100 multi-vitamin complex. Contains a wide array of various B vitamins. Very healthy!

Salazius
12-19-2010, 10:04 AM
Are they synthetic or natural these vits ?

Andro
12-19-2010, 11:22 AM

That sounds more like a Niacin flush (http://www.mens-total-fitness.com/niacin-flush.html) (B3 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Niacin)).

solomon levi
12-19-2010, 02:45 PM
Yes, Niacin flush, That was it.

Andro
12-23-2010, 02:59 PM
It Takes Three...

Slightly 'off topic' - but not really :)

The three parts of Wisdom of the whole World.

If one wishes to be a Wizard/Sorcerer/Artist/Alchemist - One only needs three things:

1. An Empty Mind,
2. A Pointy Hat,
3...and a Broken Heart.

PS: Regarding the second ingredient, and according to the recent movie 'The Sorcerer's Apprentice', Merlin's Pointy Shoes might just as well do the trick :)

Open to multi-level analysis... :cool:

solomon levi
12-23-2010, 06:20 PM
Hmmm.

Empty mind -
http://www.wall.org/~larry/onion/onering.gif

A pointy hat -
http://etc.usf.edu/clipart/36900/36956/isoc_tri_024_36956_lg.gif

a broken heart/ego/belief -
http://www.wall.org/~larry/onion/square.gif

The circle is our solvent, mercury - empty mind
the triad is our fire, sulfur and shew bread; passion - receiving the future now (unknown) instead of reassembling the past now (known).
The square/cube is our salt, our corner stone, our ego deconstructed and reborn in alignment with the new mind.
broken heart is also cracked vessel/egg!

http://i393.photobucket.com/albums/pp14/Inverted_Heptagram_Star/Alchemy_2.jpg

Andro
12-23-2010, 06:45 PM
The circle is our solvent, mercury - empty mind
the triad is our fire, sulfur and shew bread; passion - receiving the future now (unknown) instead of reassembling the past now (known).
The square/cube is our salt, our corner stone, our ego deconstructed and reborn in alignment with the new mind.
broken heart is also cracked vessel/egg!

Good one, Sol :)

This 'recipe' I just posted, also reminds me of the canonical 'Three Fires'...

Quoth Bill Shake-Spear:

When shall we three meet again?
In thunder, lightning, or in rain?
When the hurly-burly’s done,
When the battle’s lost and won.

solomon levi
12-23-2010, 09:17 PM
ben
"mountain peak" in Celtic place names (esp. of roughly pyramidal peaks standing alone), from Gael. beann, from O.Ir. *benno- "peak, horn, conical point," from PIE base *bend- "projecting point."

bennu bird: phoenix

BN = son
ABN = stone
http://books.google.com/books?id=M5-G3QbtAp8C&pg=PA41&lpg=PA41&dq=ehben+stone&source=bl&ots=A3dRY5sz1B&sig=eUMAkKBqZbrYjPBr61g0qhBT6vc&hl=en&ei=8bgTTaHKDoT4sAO_jOGMCg&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=2&ved=0CB0Q6AEwAQ#v=onepage&q=ehben%20stone&f=false

Pan - god of nature, one the all (en to pan)

I could go on forever. So many words associated with this root - ben, pan, phanes, venerate, penetrate, bennu,
phenomenon, phoenix, pen, phren, friend, venom, venus,
phainein - to show, phantom, fantasy, elephant (Aleph - phant), hierophant,
infant, faint, paint, epiphany......