PDA

View Full Version : Meditations and Inner workings

Frater IA
12-14-2010, 08:45 AM
I noticed that in the networking section on the thread about the invisible college there was an absolutely wonderful meditation. Do any of you have any that you particularly like? Any that may be easier or more difficult to work with? I must say that with the invisible college one, I am trying to use it to connect to my higher self, and truthfully, couldn't even get clear visualizations of laying on the beach. I did get a halfway decent visualization of floating through wind and water as energy. (work in progress eh) However, I in turn decided to not give up on the day, and worked on chakra meditation for the 7 major chakras, and found it very easy to visualize my 7 major chakras as spinning balls of light and color. Starting from the root chakra and moving up one at a time while using hand positioning to help channel the energy. It was suprisingly easy to feel the energy flowing through my hands, arms, and to the point of origin of the chakra. (I used verbal vibrations as well in tune with each chakra) So, if anyone would like to share their experiences with different meditations, (preferably some easier ones, but I don't mind a challenge, if all else fails its just something to work towards) I would be very interested.

Salazius
12-14-2010, 10:35 AM
Welcome ! I hope you will find what you seek here :)
I understand that you don't want your family to "spoil" your alchemical work, but, you know, it is most part of the time the reverse that happens, matter influence deeply the energies of people, alike a ritual (enven worse, when not banned properly).

Frater IA
12-15-2010, 08:24 AM
Thanks for the reply. Really I have only stumbled into alchemy very blindly, however, since I don't have a group of people and am pretty much running solo, I suppose I've overlooked this aspect. The majority of my alchemy specific knowledge comes from a book titled "the path of alchemy". Could you explain, please, what a good method for banning energies after my workings would be?

Salazius
12-15-2010, 10:45 AM
You can't really bannish an energy while working on some matter because it will radiate continuously. You'll have to isolate it in some way or another, aluminum foils, silk or some shields/circle around it. The energy should be kept in the matter otherwise it will not work properly.

Frater IA
12-15-2010, 05:30 PM
Oh, hahaha, that makes sense. That was covered in the first part of the book I'm studying on, that all alchemical products should have their opening covered in plastic, the have a lid put on, then be wrapped in alumina foil, "thoroughly", then be labeled "specifically".

solomon levi
12-15-2010, 07:19 PM
A simple method for stopping the internal dialogue,
or quieting the mind:

Focus on your breathing.
When you inhale, say the word "one" in your mind and visualize a "1".
When you exhale, say the word "two" in your mind and visualize a "2".
After a few breaths, drop the visualization and just say to yourself "one" on inhale
and "two" on exhale. Do this for a few breaths.
Then drop saying "one" and "two" and let there just be breathing...
no thoughts, no words or voice. See if you can hold the silence for a while
while you breathe.

If you manage this, you should notice a different kind of awareness
than you are used to. :)

Frater IA
12-15-2010, 09:33 PM
Thank you so much for that! I will try that tonight!

annabelle_lee
01-26-2012, 03:11 PM
Of late I've been focused on Genesis 1:2, and I'm thinking of using this phrase as a vehicle to examine the prima materia. I will also be coupling the meditation and focus with what I have learned from my experience with amanita mushrooms.

DanceofRebirth
01-28-2012, 01:06 AM
If you find that imagining energy patterns works best for you, then perhaps extending the energy ball work into a meditation format could better suit your needs. Try something akin to this perhaps?:

Following the Chakra work that you find easier, bring your awareness with all Chakras up and running (alight or turned 'on' and bright) to your third eye/crown Chakras and let the illuminated energy within you expand to reveal the space that is naturally within us all. Identify that space as your own, validate/verify that you are safe within that space and the only being allowed within is yourself. Speak to the space within you, state a pure intention to use it as meditation or inner journey space and sit with it until you feel the mental shift/association that yes, this is yours. Now, if you don't feel exhausted or tired from this work, identify it as your own by decorating it like you would any room or any area, leaving at least a little space for a door way or a gate of some kind that you may use for a stepping stone into either an internal meditation/journey, or a door onto the astral realms. Be sure to note that this door way is ONLY for your use and is only intended for your highest good as a person. Again, let your imagination or your creativity swell on it's make, it's creation, and it's design. It can be as large or small as you intend it to be. It's colors, it's writing, any symbols or anything else involved are all up to you. Allow this to form as you desire it, but also as your imagination fills in any blanks you manage to have a long the way. This can serve as a beginning step to working with the Self through meditation or later on as a path into astral projection, as the first steps of both are connected intrinsically. Take extra time in crafting this space and the door(s) within it, as if done well enough or properly enough, they don't have to be redone until the practitioner believes it's a good time to do so.

If you take the time to organize yourself in this manner, it *ritualizes* the process of meditation so that this kind of work becomes easier for you over time. If it's uncomfortable to do in your own 'head space' or gives you a headache, then place the space behind/next to/near your heart. This is what I've found most people to be comfortable with. If it makes you uncomfortable or is painful in some manner, then apologize to yourself and *slowly* take apart what you've been doing up until then and back out again into your Chakra meditation and check your energy patterns. Sometimes this will cause odd reactions based on emotional/mental/outside holding patterns that only you can be aware of and these will need to be settled before you can continue in depth.