PDA

View Full Version : When magick becomes alive.

solomon levi
12-16-2010, 05:17 AM
Magick becomes magick when the system you learned is no longer a system you learned,
but is your direct perception of the way things are.

As long as it is mental, symbolical, a description... it will always lose something in translation.
When it is direct, practical, physical... what was imagination and belief is now INTENT.

Frater IA
12-16-2010, 01:43 PM
Some very good insight, Solomon! I love the word "intent" when referring to anything spiritual or magick in nature. Some practitioners would believe (or say they believe it, I wonder myself on their actual belief) that the words they say have the most bearing in a magick endevour, I personally I have always believed that while words (and a complete understanding of what those words mean and why you say them) are very important to "send a message to the correct address", whether or not you get a response is a matter of "intent", much of the time. So much magick and spiritual enlightenment can be had if only by intent of the alchemist or practitioner.

Salazius
12-16-2010, 03:58 PM
Magick becomes magick when the system you learned is no longer a system you learned,
but is your direct perception of the way things are.

For that, you sometime need to unlearn all the system in order to percieve truth beyond words, books, symbols and all these cultural filters. This is direct perception of Nature and now, you can burn your books, or just forgive them on your shelves under few cm of dirt.

Andro
12-16-2010, 05:03 PM
For that, you sometime need to unlearn all the system in order to percieve truth beyond words, books, symbols and all these cultural filters.
This is direct perception of Nature and now, you can burn your books, or just forgive them on your shelves under few cm of dirt.

Amen. There is no need for books or further 'learning' once you grasp Archetypal Origin, and SEE the Pattern. I mean really SEE it... Everywhere...

Salazius
12-17-2010, 11:23 AM
Indeed.

But when it happens, when you try to speak about it to other persons not sharing this vision (having their own *particular* vision), problems happens.

solomon levi
12-17-2010, 05:49 PM
Well, if you can see the oneness, there will be no problems, because you can adapt/relate to others visions.
I have people wanting me to teach at their church because of my deep love for "the holy spirit".
They see me as a good christian, but I have disapproved of religion for many years. :D
But now I do not disapprove so much. Spirit is spirit in any form, given a thousand names like our mercury.
I try not to hold any fixed beliefs about things I don't know, but looking at the evidence, I don't think Jesus ever existed.
But that doesn't make the myth any less useful. In that sense, I feel like a gnostic rosicrucian. :)
I used to judge christians as blind and ignorant believers. But in Oneness, we are all equally ignorant -
the speck of ignorance in my eye is as ignorant as the mote in another's eye, and vice versa.
In true Oneness, there is not even the thought of the possibility of ignorance or separation or problems.

But it is often true that talking, though intended to clarify, often muddles. :)

In other words, one acquainted with Oneness can get past the particulars/disagreements
to the archetypes/agreements. This is my experience anyway.
It really depends where your heart is - is it more important to make a point, or more important to unite/understand/love.