PDA

View Full Version : Moses

solomon levi
12-18-2010, 08:53 AM
Exodus 2:10 And she called his name Moses, because I drew him out of the water.

Several events by Moses happened at the Mountain of God, Mount Horeb.
The burning bush which was not consumed, the receiving of the 10 commandments/tablets
(it is said these tablets were the power within the Ark of the Covenant), and the striking of
the rock to produce water.

"In other biblical passages, these events are described as having transpired at Mount Sinai,
but though Sinai and Horeb are often considered to have been different names for the same
place, there is a body of opinion that they may have been different locations."

Hebrew: חֹרֵב, Greek in the Septuagint: χωρηβ, Latin in the Vulgate: Horeb -
recall Cherub, Chalybs. Flaming bush, angel or sword.
Chorev (Horeb) = Cherev (sword); same letters: Cheth-Resh-Beth
One interprets these autiot as:
Cheth - 8, infinity, primordial substance, prima materia
Resh - 200, the suns as universal containers
Beth - 2, archetype of all containers, dwellings

This suggests that this sword/angel/mountain of god is the container of prima materia emanated from the suns.

"Horeb is thought to mean Glowing/Heat, which seems to be a reference to the sun, while
Sinai may have derived from the name of Sin, the Sumerian deity of the moon, and thus
Sinai and Horeb would be the mountain of the moon and sun, respectively." - wikipedia
The alchemical mountains.

As for the striking of the rock (hebrew TzVR) the rock in the old testament is YHVH;
in the new testament it is YHShVH (Jesus) pierced by the soldier's spear (ChNITh).
And the rod of Moses is called different names - rod of Elohim, rod of Aaron, rod of Levi.
This rod also turns into a serpent.

horticult
12-18-2010, 12:26 PM
Horeb = cca emptiness, desert, wastelands. /this should be an indicia where to take our water/

Is rather interesting that passage from bible where cca earth is described in similar way and spirit is above waters.

Albion
12-18-2010, 02:43 PM
Excellent.

On a related note, I happened upon this the other day...

http://www.artofferusbooks.com/index.htm

... endorsed by Ross Mack, author of "Alchemical Essays" [ http://forum.alchemyforums.com/showthread.php?1872-Alchemical-Essays&highlight=Ross ]

http://www.artofferusbooks.com/about_authort12.htm

From excerpt #3 - http://www.artofferusbooks.com/excerpts_3t12.htm

“His story of the wheels tells me that Ezekiel was an alchemist.”
405: These creatures had the form of men, but each had four faces, each had four wings, straight legs with feet like the sole of a calf’s foot, and they sparkled like burnished bronze [Ezekiel 1:4-7]. ... Verse 10: As for the likeness of their faces, each had the face of a man [in front], the four had the face of lion on the right side, the four had the face of an ox on the left side, and the four had the face of an eagle [at the back].

407: The 4 living creatures had 4 faces, indicating the 4 elements: Lion = Fire, Ox = Earth, Eagle = Air, Man = Water.

409: ... The composition in the crucible was complete; nothing more had to be added. The matter was fireproof within that range of heat. ... Ezekiel then explains the mechanism of that same alchemical process by comparing elemental action with wheels. ... His story of the wheels tells me that Ezekiel was an alchemist.

Ezekiel 1:15: Now as I looked at the living creatures, I saw a wheel upon the earth beside the living creatures, one for each of the four of them [Heb of their faces]. Verse 16: As for the appearance of the wheels and their construction: their appearance was like the gleaming of a chrysolite; and the four had the same likeness, their construction being as it were a wheel within a wheel. ... Verse 18: The four wheels had rims and they had spokes [Heb on their four sides]; and their rims were full of eyes round about. ... Verse 21: When those went, these went; and when those stood, these stood; and when those rose from the earth, the wheels rose along with them; for the spirit of the living creatures was in the wheels.

410: The rims of the wheels were full of eyes round about ... is a fitting description of Our precious Matter frozen in action, which can be observed even with the naked eye, but only when the glass (Pax Glass) has solidified.

411: The eyes in the rims of the wheels are spherical hollows, which in solidified form contain nothing. ...

The Matter’s temperature determines the degree of its activity; the higher the heat the smaller the eyes, the lower the heat the larger the eyes, for they are nothing but boiling-bubbles. Rapid cooling causes these bubbles to ‘freeze’ before they, with gas inside them, can retreat back into glass thus leaving a ring, which gives the impression of a wheel, its rim being the multitude of tiny, hollow spheres. ... When poured thinly onto a tray, the glass clearly shows wheels within wheels.
Ezekiel realised that what he saw was the embodiment of the Son of God, Holy Stone...

412: Imagine Ezekiel seeing a sample of this, and how he must have struggled, trying to describe it.

413: (He ends his description with :) Such was the appearance of the likeness of the glory of the LORD. And when I saw it, I fell upon my face, and I heard the voice of one speaking. [Last part of verse 28]

502: When the author of EZEKIEL had learned how to make the Stone he got overjoyed and wanted to share it with his people ‘Israel’, so he wrote his manuscript under the pseudonym Ezekiel ... written to teach alchemy, protected by, “Thus says the Lord God.”

solomon levi
12-19-2010, 09:39 PM
Interesting Albion.
The fact that he and Fulcanelli made glasses really makes me consider
the oil of sand, sodium silicate. Glass is basically silicon dioxide and sodium carbonate,
or sand and tartar.
I recently posted on Jaspers and Chalcedonies.
I think I shared this article before on Len Cram growing true opals (opals are silicon dioxide):
http://www.answersingenesis.org/creation/v12/i1/opals.asp

"Sodium silicate is the common name for a compound sodium metasilicate, Na2SiO3, also known as water glass or liquid glass."
"Sodium silicate is a white powder that is readily soluble in water, producing an alkaline solution. It is one of a number of related
compounds which include sodium orthosilicate, Na4SiO4, sodium pyrosilicate, Na6Si2O7, and others. All are glassy, colourless and dissolve in water."

But you can't eat sodium silicate - it will make the mouth more than "pleasantly hot" as Artofferus' Pax glass,
due to its alkalinity. But that could be dulcified. Can it receive the oil of a metal, as Fulcanelli's "Chartres" glass?
Hopefully I will get his book sometime and see what he says.
Anyway, it seems that major alchemical breakthroughs happen in this area (silicon dioxide, glass).

Albion
12-20-2010, 07:34 PM
Thanks for elaborating on this, Solomon-Levi. Due to my lack of understanding in this area I can't really comment except to say that I'll print out your post for future reference :).