PDA

View Full Version : Sacred Mushrooms & Truffles

Awani
12-21-2010, 12:14 AM
The discipline of biology devoted to the study of fungi is known as mycology, which is often regarded as a branch of botany, even though genetic studies have shown that fungi are more closely related to animals than to plants. - source (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fungus)

In contrast to plants and animals, the early fossil record of the fungi is meager. Factors that likely contribute to the under-representation of fungal species among fossils include the nature of fungal fruiting bodies, which are soft, fleshy, and easily degradable tissues and the microscopic dimensions of most fungal structures, which therefore are not readily evident. - source (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fungus#Evolution)

Maybe meager because they arrived here from space as interstellar spores

;)

Frater IA
12-21-2010, 01:30 AM
ORLY!!! So I guess I never thought about working with Fungii during spagyrics? Would it be considered plant or animal alchemy, and what would be a good place to start? Any particular medical fungii have a strong physical/spiritual affect?

Awani
12-21-2010, 01:35 AM
Nothing that is legal that I can think of...

:cool:

Frater IA
12-21-2010, 08:33 PM
I totally knew that was coming too, lol!!!! But either way, if I get pee tested at work it wouldn't even show up. A medical analyses would show food poisoning at best. ;)

teofrast40
12-22-2010, 07:52 AM
Maybe meager because they arrived here from space as interstellar spores

;)

fungis from yuggoth!

MarkostheGnostic
01-21-2011, 05:57 AM
The beginning...

Vinegar extraction of Sulphur, alcohol extraction of Mercury, Calcination of carpophoric remains -Caput Mortem - Dead Head - into Salt. Recombination. (Theoretically speaking). Will it be experienced as qualitatively different? Still on Saturn. There is Jupiter, Mars, Mercury and Venus to visit first.

http://i1194.photobucket.com/albums/aa379/MarkosthGnostic/IMG_0068.jpg

Aleilius
01-21-2011, 07:05 AM
The beginning...

Vinegar extraction of Sulphur, alcohol extraction of Mercury, Calcination of carpophoric remains -Caput Mortem - Dead Head - into Salt. Recombination. (Theoretically speaking). Will it be experienced as qualitatively different? Still on Saturn. There is Jupiter, Mars, Mercury and Venus to visit first.

http://i1194.photobucket.com/albums/aa379/MarkosthGnostic/IMG_0068.jpg

I know those mushies!

Did you grow them yourself? Always wanted to get into mycology. :D

You can extract an exceedingly lovely blue tincture if you use rectified spirit of wine. This is a true blue Venusian tincture. A tincture of cosmic love! I see the stars!!

MarkostheGnostic
01-21-2011, 05:38 PM
Pictorial reply:

http://i1194.photobucket.com/albums/aa379/MarkosthGnostic/GnomeGuard.jpg

'Gnome Guard'

PF Technique. Smaller yield than substrate farming, but one project will last us for years. Fewer Entheogenic Excursions, although the only reason is that we do not need the glimpse so much any more, and the only solid reasons are (1) 'booster shots' of mystic vision, (2) showing someone new who has never "been experienced," and (3) offering an Excursion to someone who asks. This pic is old.

http://i1194.photobucket.com/albums/aa379/MarkosthGnostic/08-26-2006012103PM.jpg

'My First - 1989'

This pic is older!

solomon levi
01-21-2011, 11:21 PM
Nice!

horticult
01-22-2011, 01:28 AM
You can extract an exceedingly lovely blue tincture if you use rectified spirit of wine. This is a true blue Venusian tincture. A tincture of cosmic love! I see the stars!!

Very interesting, would you please post some recipe, dosage & effects? Thanks.

MarkostheGnostic
01-22-2011, 01:55 AM

Yes. I was planning on working through the planets from Saturn to Sun, but since I have only completed a Saturnian elixir, that would take a long time. I do not want to make a mere extraction, I want to make a spagyric elixir. However, I would like to compare the subjective effects of a chemical extraction with the effects of an alchemical elixir.

MarkostheGnostic
01-22-2011, 02:10 AM
Nice!

That is a very impressive, multi-layered blog. I touched upon it a few months ago (though this forum), and bookmarked it to my laptop with the intention of spending some quality time there. However, the last several months have been rife with material difficulties, and time constraints as a result. However, I would be remiss if I din't tell you that was equally impressed at that time. I wanted to become more familiar with it before venturing a compliment. Nevertheless, here is the acknowledgement that is due.

solomon levi
01-22-2011, 02:26 AM
Thank you so much! In some ways, I have mushrooms to thank for they spearheaded the movement, giving me the initial boost to perceive
the various loops of time and the whole Ouroboros thing.
And as you know, Castaneda was right - after the door is open, one can learn to retrace one's footsteps.
See tuesday, December 24th, 1963:
http://books.google.com/books?id=K7xMjWjqVmcC&pg=PA96&lpg=PA96&dq=castaneda+don+juan+I+go+to+him+freely&source=bl&ots=qvTYUpox5I&sig=euKsOJ14w4yV-uf2LJGfYmgAivA&hl=en&ei=Mz86TcPGNZC-sQOipoGvAw&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=1&ved=0CBkQ6AEwAA#v=onepage&q&f=false

Aleilius
01-22-2011, 08:40 AM

Yes. I was planning on working through the planets from Saturn to Sun, but since I have only completed a Saturnian elixir, that would take a long time. I do not want to make a mere extraction, I want to make a spagyric elixir. However, I would like to compare the subjective effects of a chemical extraction with the effects of an alchemical elixir.

This would only be a simple tincture. Wood alcohol (methanol) is the solvent of choice for extracting the actives from psilocybe mushrooms. The solvent must be close to anhydrous. Rectified spirit of wine is your next best choice. Keep it out of light. Try not to use very much heat. Light & heat degrade the psychoactives. You cannot consume the tincture made from wood alcohol (it must be very carefully evaporated under low heat), but you can consume the one from ethanol!

The dosage varies according to the amount of mushrooms used, the amount of solvent, the concentration, etc. The effects are pretty much like a mushroom trip, except it's much cleaner, clearer, less nausea, and more potent. If you add a bit of citric acid to the tincture before downing it you'll REALLY notice some potentiation. It'll be much much much stronger than per se. There was a thread about this on another forum I used to inhabit (shroomery forum).

Hope that helps!

Aleilius
01-22-2011, 08:49 AM
Thank you so much! In some ways, I have mushrooms to thank for they spearheaded the movement, giving me the initial boost to perceive ...

Ah, mushrooms eh? Very cool. This is something I've been wanting to try for a while now. Just haven't had the chance to grow any. I really don't speak about this much, but I'm a big proponent of spiritual use of psychoactives.

I used to be really big into Leary, Huxley, McKenna, etc. I think our species must consume psychoactives to stay mentally fit & healthy. Otherwise deevolution will occur. McKenna proposed that it was mushrooms that gave our ancestors the edge. I cannot stand demonization of psychoactives. It's bothersome, naive, ignorant, etc. The keys to the palace are available all over, but somehow they've been demonized, and have become taboo (not to mention illegal in almost all civilized countries of the world).

39. Jesus said, "The Pharisees and the scholars have taken the keys of knowledge and have hidden them. They have not entered nor have they allowed those who want to enter to do so.

During the 1950s Huxley's interest in the field of psychical research grew keener, and his later works are strongly influenced by both mysticism and his experiences with psychedelic drugs.

In October 1930, the English occultist Aleister Crowley dined with Huxley in Berlin, and to this day rumours persist that Crowley introduced Huxley to peyote on that occasion. He was introduced to mescaline (considered to be the key active ingredient of peyote) by the psychiatrist Humphry Osmond in 1953.[14] Through Dr. Osmond, Huxley met millionaire Alfred Matthew Hubbard who would deal with LSD on a wholesale basis.[15] On 24 December 1955, Huxley took his first dose of LSD. Indeed, Huxley was a pioneer of self-directed psychedelic drug use "in a search for enlightenment", famously taking 100 micrograms of LSD as he lay dying. His psychedelic drug experiences are described in the essays The Doors of Perception (the title deriving from some lines in the book The Marriage of Heaven and Hell by William Blake), and Heaven and Hell. Some of his writings on psychedelics became frequent reading among early hippies[citation needed]. While living in Los Angeles, Huxley was a friend of Ray Bradbury. According to Sam Weller's biography of Bradbury, the latter was dissatisfied with Huxley, especially after Huxley encouraged Bradbury to take psychedelic drugs.

Awani
01-22-2011, 08:54 AM
(not to mention illegal in almost all civilized countries of the world)

...but also as McKenna argues, that it will not go away. It can't be silenced. Like in Holland where magic mushrooms have become illegal, but they just sell magic truffles instead... nature adapts... as for a structure of organisms that rule this world it would be:

Fungi
Dolphins
Mice
Humans
Catholics

Aleilius
01-22-2011, 08:57 AM
...but also as McKenna argues, that it will not go away. It can't be silenced. Like in Holland where magic mushrooms have become illegal, but they just sell magic truffles... nature adapts... as for an structure of organisms that rule this world it would be:

Fungi
Dolphins
Mice
Humans
Catholics

Oh yeah, heck, check out the research chemical community that's out there. There's all sorts of novel new substances that are legal. DEA can't touch them (yet). We will always find ways around roadblocks (because that's what they are).

Have an edit to make:
Fungi
Dolphins
Mice
Humans
Alchemists

;)

MarkostheGnostic
01-22-2011, 08:01 PM
I have been a regular at The Shroomery since 1999. I've had some Shroomerites to our home, and have visited with them as well. I usually remain in Psychology, Sociology & Philosophy, and Spirituality & Mysticism, but sometimes I'll venture into Chemistry & Pharmacology, where one of the resident experts (a biochemist) has been extremely kind in advising me what kind of vacuum pump to obtain (which I did through a to-the-second fight on eBay), as well as answer any of my basic chemistry questions. I have also shared some formulation materials there, pics, and written correspondences that I had with Dr. Albert Hofmann in the 1980s. I am there as MarkostheGnostic as well. I do have some chemistry background, and I do not allow methyl groups into anything I imbibe (except for the all-too-rare MMDA).

I've experimented with DMSO and mushrooms - which would theoretically permit transdermal absorption. I got the idea from the book The Electic Kool-Aid Acid Test, which mentioned a hippy with LSD laden DMSO (Dimethyl sulfoxide. Whoops! A methyl group, but bonded and not to become a toxic free radical) in a water gun - shooting a cop who was chasing him in the face - and causing a near-instant peak experience! The mushroom extraction didn't work. Perhaps I needed a lot more surface area than a forearm. LSD is only needed in mcg amounts, psilocybin in mg amounts.

I've often taken 5-HTP along with mushrooms or after MMDA experiences. I think it helps with re-establishing Serotonin levels, but it never seemed to potentiate the effects of either, in intensity or duration. My understanding was that vitamin C (Ascorbic acid) was largely mythic in the potentiation of indole psychedelics, not Citric Acid, but I remember my first mushroom experience in Long Island, NY, where the ground up mushrooms were in a 1/2 jug of tropicana orange juice. We took maybe 1 shot glass full and WOW! Maybe I'll try adding Citric acid, although, typically, we imbibe in cinnamon apple sauce which contains Citric acid. Ritual cups too:

http://i1194.photobucket.com/albums/aa379/MarkosthGnostic/SB100.jpg

MarkostheGnostic
01-22-2011, 08:28 PM
I can't help but find it utterly absurd making plants illegal. I understand what happened when cocaine was extracted into sulphate and hydrochloride forms in South America. After millennia of non-pathological leaf-chewing, there suddenly developed base-smokers, snorters, and shooters. Addiction, violent crime and overdose death. But growing a small cannabis patch, for those who use that, or a mushroom patch for personal use is innocuous and even helpful. Even garden variety poppies produce some opium alkaloids, but I'm not into addictive substances, I use substances to help me become free from all the other addictions that a materialistic and consumeristic society tries to foist on me. That was the real danger of psychedelics to American society - not the occasional psychotic break, but the fear that with Americans having their souls psychedelicized, they would laugh at the Matrix-like brainwashing about name-brands for social status. Social status is a great big lie invented by marketers. Before someone decided that diamonds would bring so much more money, girls were engaged with pearls. Now, "diamonds are a girl's best friend" among the glamour-girls of the world. And, as I remember from my Christian baptism at age 21 in a Catholic Church, amidst my baptismal vows, I was renouncing "the glamour of Satan," which really amounts to the same thing that psychedelics had taught me, and why I was taking baptism in the first place. To be "in the world, not of the world," is the enemy of consumerism.

solomon levi
01-22-2011, 08:30 PM
Ah, mushrooms eh? Very cool. This is something I've been wanting to try for a while now. Just haven't had the chance to grow any. I really don't speak about this much, but I'm a big proponent of spiritual use of psychoactives.

I used to be really big into Leary, Huxley, McKenna, etc. I think our species must consume psychoactives to stay mentally fit & healthy. Otherwise deevolution will occur. McKenna proposed that it was mushrooms that gave our ancestors the edge. I cannot stand demonization of psychoactives. It's bothersome, naive, ignorant, etc. The keys to the palace are available all over, but somehow they've been demonized, and have become taboo (not to mention illegal in almost all civilized countries of the world).

I haven't grown any myself. Just had people give them to me at the right times I guess.
Yes, while not very vocal about it, I too am a huge advocate of entheogens.
I am convinced that almost all religions grew from visions obtained by using plants.
I say "almost" because I can see that some came from inner efforts - meditation, etc.
But some entheogens I have consumed have shown me exactly the same things others have described
in religious visions, biblical, etc. The amanitas, if prepared correctly, can give you baptisms and also
place you before the afterlife gods of Egypt. Cannabis can be very religious - Jesus and Mary visions.
Psilocybes are very related to shaman paths and dreaming - I mean deep awakened dreaming - loops of time,
returning to the origin, etc.

Yes, it's a shame that there are hypocritical tyrants that govern the world and put "In God we Trust" on their money
while making plants illegal - plants intentionally placed here by God and gods.

But all the plants do is provide chemicals that interact with your brain and DNA. The secret is in learning to communicate
with your DNA. You are your DNA. The 97% "junk" DNA has all the potential of God/Infinity just waiting for us to
recognize it and intend it. I've only consumed mushrooms once in the last year. They showed me, as I have shared with you in
my blog, the Oneness, and Jacob's ladder, the Ouroboros - and since I've seen this I can ascend and descend that ladder with my intention.
That ladder is within us; it's who we are - we are multi-leveled dreaming beings. On one level we are humans, on another level we are DNA,
on another level we are photons... we exist on these levels simultaneously. We need only emphasize the version of ourselves we wish to experience.
Of course on has to become fluid enough first (mercury), which involves learning different descriptions, in which I have Castaneda's books
to thank for preparing me for that.
How does lab alchemy fit in for me? Well, being able to see new things requires energy and space. We make the space by emptying our cups.
The energy can come from many paths - lab alchemy is one of them which emphasizes the raising of vibrations.

MarkostheGnostic
01-22-2011, 09:19 PM
Hmmm. I've never seen the word "scholars" in that biblical quote. The word has always been "lawyers," which makes a lot more sense to me in this century. The lawyers I've know (except for one I've heard of who helped a friend, and who is himself interested in shamanism) are always pure Establishment. I suppose I don't know any lawyers who work for organized crime.

MarkostheGnostic
01-22-2011, 09:29 PM
http://www.shroomery.org/8409/PF-Tek

Here is a link with illustrations. Personally, I used plastic screw caps instead of the tin domes and lids. I use a Sears pressure cooker. It appears to be more difficult than it is. Once one has collected a few mushroom caps and places them on clean white paper to collect spore prints, one really never has to purchase spore syringes again. Simply make your own. Or even more effectively, squirt some sterile water on a petri dish of growing mycelium, and innoculate the 1/2 oz. jars with living mycelium instead of spores. Greatly accelerates the process. Then there's the trick of cold-soaking spent cakes over night. Rehydration will produce even more flushes of fruit. Everyone should have some kind of 'glove box' (newbies aren't gonna have a HEPA positive sterile air flow box), and a high humidity chamber. Lot's of space is not required, but a certain amount of secrecy is. :)

Awani
01-23-2011, 04:05 AM
Yes, it's a shame that there are hypocritical tyrants that govern the world and put "In God we Trust" on their money
while making plants illegal - plants intentionally placed here by God and gods.

Yes, downhill since they began to move away from the first motto of "One from many"... as the US was created from many states, but the phrase can be understood in other ways as well.

There is hope for Salvia though.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legal_status_of_Salvia_divinorum

All you in the US, smoke away... but there are always morons that ruin it for everyone:

In December of 2010, the popular Disney Channel star Miley Cyrus was exposed smoking Salvia on a viral video. This has created an immense amount of bad publicity for Salvia, and it is expected to become illegal in many states in the near future; a federal ban is also not unlikely. - source (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legal_status_of_Salvia_divinorum#United_States)

S0LiPS1ST
09-21-2011, 01:49 AM
How can I grow my own Psilocybin?!

Awani
09-21-2011, 02:02 AM
You can order grow kits online. Seeds are not illegal as far as I know.

Google: magic mushrooms grow kit, or something like it...

Safer than picking, if you eat the wrong kind you can die.

Awani
11-12-2012, 02:07 AM
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h18/deviadah/mushroom_stones_richardrose_lg.jpg

Also: Dol hareubang (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dol_hareubang) (it can be argued to be both phallic or mushroom-like... or perhaps it is one and the same...)

After all a Sacred Mushrooms fertilizes the mind.

Mushroom Symbolism in Pre-Columbian Art (http://www.mushroomstone.com) by Carl de Borhegyi

Enjoy!

MarkostheGnostic
11-14-2012, 01:06 AM
How can I grow my own Psilocybin?!

www.shroomery.org My virtual home way from home, but more to the point is step-by-step - Psilocybe Fanaticus TEK: http://www.fanaticus.com

LostGnosticOccultum
04-22-2013, 01:32 AM
I think our species must consume psychoactives to stay mentally fit & healthy. Otherwise deevolution will occur. McKenna proposed that it was mushrooms that gave our ancestors the edge. I cannot stand demonization of psychoactives. It's bothersome, naive, ignorant, etc. The keys to the palace are available all over, but somehow they've been demonized, and have become taboo (not to mention illegal in almost all civilized countries of the world).

I have recently been doing some research into the "Mushroom(s) of Life," or “Mushroom(s) of Immortality,” as Zhi has been dubbed.

This Mushroom deserves its own thread because it is a topic all on its own and so I posted my Ling-Zhi -- The Mushroom of Immortality (http://forum.alchemyforums.com/showthread.php?3551-Ling-Zhi-The-Mushroom-of-Immortality&p=29610#post29610) thread.

GOD Bless, LGO

Awani
03-29-2014, 10:26 AM
Not sure how scientific this is, but listened to the podcast The Joe Rogan Experience and they said on there that Shrooms don't add something to the brain that makes it experience things... instead they block the blocks we have built in so all the information in the universe can get through. This makes sense.