PDA

View Full Version : The Cosmic Awareness

Frater IA
12-22-2010, 11:33 AM
The book "Who, In Fact, You, Really Are", this book, my head is full of jumblies and I just started reading. Is this something that the majority of us can agree that this is something I should be taking in? One of you posted a link to it recently, so I downloaded it off Scribd, and I love it, and I love the Awareness, and I love you all. ;) Unconditionally in fact, I think I love everything right now. ;)

But really, since I just started reading this, for those of you who have read this, what are your thoughts and comments.

Awani
12-23-2010, 07:54 PM
Have not read it, but I would be interested in hearing from someone who has. I have not read it because I don't like what it feels like, the book I mean... all books that give out answers in this manner, instead of naturally in the subtext, always have too much of an agenda for my liking.

:cool:

Frater IA
12-25-2010, 06:21 AM
Well the book as it is seems to be part verbatum from the cosmic awareness, and the rest from the author. While the author is a man and can only see, write, and express in his own understanding, I feel its up to us to bridge the gap of his understanding and our own to see what is really meant behind the words. For a beginner on their spiritual path, such as myself, this is a very valuable text. Lessons here put me in a mindset to journey forth, to "fear nothing, but love everything, and in doing so loving the awareness". And "love for the sake of loving without expectations of reciprocation". It exemplifies the type of love (agappe) that spiritual practitioners should have, IMHO. These types of lessons help to remove selfishness, pride, lust, etc from the ego, to lessen or remove our flaws. Thus bringing us into being able to affect the Great Work.

But of course, this is all my opinion as I see it from only partially reading it. The book is quite long, and some parts aren't so "action packed". But well worth it.

Awani
12-25-2010, 09:23 AM
One tip, is there a bibliography?

No: then this is this persons point of view, and you got to see if you agree
Yes: then this person have been inspired by someone else, go to the source... read the start of the journey... and see the point of view of the person who first had it

This is my technique anyway.

:cool: