PDA

View Full Version : G

Joshua
01-05-2011, 09:15 PM
Is the letter G the symbol of the Ouroboros? Is there any supporting evidence for this?

Peace,

Joshua G.

Aleilius
01-05-2011, 09:52 PM
Ah! That makes sense. The letter itself looks like an Ouroboros (well, the capital letter G). Thanks for bringing this to our attention! :D

horticult
01-06-2011, 12:24 AM
n o
G = circle + square
G = anvil & ... faber ?!

ie not stupid unconscious ouroboros

anyway, tons of au 2 him, who reveal that Fulcanelli´s G 2 m

solomon levi
01-06-2011, 03:37 AM
n o
G = circle + square
G = anvil & ... faber ?!

ie not stupid unconscious ouroboros

anyway, tons of au 2 him, who reveal that Fulcanelli´s G 2 m

I've never experienced a stupid unconscious Ouroboros.
How can something unconsciously swallow its tail?
Maybe unconsciously put its foot in its mouth, but swallowing is not unconscious in my experience.
It stands to reason that the unconscious is not a thing and therefore can not be associated with the Ouroboros;
it can only be associated with the unmanifest.
The Ouroboros is the manifest conscious unfoldment of the unmanifest unconscious.

Overall, it's a symbol. That means it is capable of being viewed in multiple ways,
meant to speak to one's subconscious.

http://www.werplaques.com/images/masonic-square-and-compass-0022.jpg

Someone obviously intentionally shaded this 'G'.
Someone obviously intentionally shaded this Ouroboros:

http://z.about.com/d/altreligion/1/0/l/i/2/ouroboros7.jpg

If you open the mouth wider, you have a perfect upside-down 'G'.
To you, this is unrelated??

Anvil and hammer, a 'C' and a little 'T', an Ouroboros, a spiral... it represents more than one thing.
General rule in alchemy is that there are at least three interpretations.

Joshua
01-06-2011, 08:29 AM
I did a search and found a nice reference from Hidden Life in Freemasonry by Leadbeater. Evidently earlier Co-Masonry lodges (I'm not sure what those are) used the Ouroboros directly which was changed into the "G." Check it out, horticult. What do you think?

Hidden Life in Freemasonry (http://books.google.com/books?id=cOtjp8cOWG8C&lpg=PA79&ots=ibh6GMTOsq&dq=This%20was%20the%20original%20form%2C%20but%20t he%20head%20of%20the%20serpent%20was%20altered%20s o%20as%20to%20form%20the%20letter%20G&pg=PA79#v=onepage&q=This%20was%20the%20original%20form%2C%20but%20th e%20head%20of%20the%20serpent%20was%20altered%20so %20as%20to%20form%20the%20letter%20G&f=false)

Andro
01-06-2011, 10:02 AM
Horse & 1/2 of kingdom 4 that G!

tons of au 2 him, who reveal that Fulcanelli´s G 2 m

Do you think you can actually trade horses, kingdoms and gold for the secret? Gee...

stupid unconscious ouroboros

You're sort of right here... The Ouroboros possesses no intelligence or consciousness in itself, because it is symbolic of a pure archetype.

It is us who 'personalize' it and specify it, giving it meaning trough the filters of our experiences and according to our own particular 'intelligence' and 'consciousness'.

The question is if someone is un-learned and free enough from their own stupid 'intelligence' and unconscious 'consciousness' to penetrate the mysteries of the Ouroboros.

All the horses and kingdoms and gold can not buy the mysteries. One has to earn them.

And as long as one needs to ask for them, or offer to make such vulgar trades of worldly things - the answer is, and will always be: NO.

So - What are you REALLY willing to give up, in exchange for the mysteries? How bad do you REALLY NEED to know?

Joshua
01-06-2011, 11:42 AM
Insight. The ouroboros is symbolic of the generative, sustaining, and destructive forces. It is the same as the sound of the AUM. :-) It is the same pattern as the sound of the word GOD. It is a perfect symbol to be within the square and compass.

horticult
01-07-2011, 12:31 AM
homo faber
ouroboros is closed, G is "not closed"
2 colors of ouroboros are symbolising that the one part is not aware of the other
truth is 1
"Richard is soon unhorsed on the field at the climax of the battle, and utters the often-quoted line, "A horse, a horse, my kingdom for a horse!""

Andro
01-07-2011, 10:19 AM
tons of au 2 him, who reveal that Fulcanelli´s G 2 m

From 'Dwellings':

Everything is paid for down here, not with gold, but with work, with suffering, often by leaving a part of oneself; and one could not pay too much for the possession of the least secret, of the tiniest truth.

truth is 1

But are you also 1 to see it?

All in due time...

"For everything there is a season, and a time for every matter under heaven."

But rest assured - We ALL get it in the end (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4HEVtKvi0M).

Andro
01-07-2011, 10:34 AM
The G is open, allowing for a spark gap to facilitate Time, Space and Matter. G >>> Goat >>> Glyph of Capricorn >>> Saturn >>> Time / Space / Matter (The Sphere/Realm of Saturn)

Fill the gap and connect the ends (Head with Tail, Hammer with Anvil, Above with Below, Highest/most Pure with Lowest/most Vile), so you may obtain the same ONE G in perfect form and matter.

It works better if you plug it in.

Into itself.

http://i861.photobucket.com/albums/ab172/androgynus_album/PlugITIn.jpg

All the King's horses and all the King's men, couldn't put Humpty-Dumpty together again.

And the Philosophical (NOT VULGAR) Answer is:

http://i861.photobucket.com/albums/ab172/androgynus_album/GFY2.jpg

Make sure you are well connected...

solomon levi
01-07-2011, 07:18 PM
Lots of beautiful posts here. :)

The spark gap is also the neuro-synaptic cleft, or simply synapse:

http://guruologist.files.wordpress.com/2010/09/neuron-synapse.png

http://www.jasonshields.org/yahoo_site_admin1/assets/images/brain_synapse.36183318_std.jpg

http://www.zptech.net/science.html

Again, a perfect meme for as above, so below, the subatomic and the galactic, etc... Ouroboros.
The gap/synapse is the Void of the microcosm. As with the Macrocosm, the Void is not empty. :)

This thread is a good example of the discussion on words and reality - why must the 'G' refer to a word? :)

The Aum connection is also a great insight Joshua.

solomon levi
01-07-2011, 07:38 PM
homo faber
???
Faber as in fabricus? Maker?
Faber, character in Ray Bradbury's science fiction novel Fahrenheit 451, who creates a listening device?

I don't understand what this phrase means to you.

G = anvil & ... faber ?!

What's a faber?

Andro
01-07-2011, 07:51 PM
Faber as in fabricus? Maker?
What's a faber?

From Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homo_faber):

Homo faber (Latin for “Man the Smith” or “Man the Maker”; in reference to the biological name for man, “Homo sapiens” meaning “man the wise”) is a concept articulated by Hannah Arendt and Max Scheler. It refers to humans as controlling the environment through tools. Henri Bergson also referred to it in The Creative Evolution (1907), defining intelligence, in its original sense, as the “faculty to create artificial objects, in particular tools to make tools, and to indefinitely variate its makings.”

In Latin literature, Appius Claudius Caecus uses this term in his Sententić, referring to ability of man to control his destiny and what surrounds him: Homo faber suae quisque fortunae (“Every man is the artifex of his destiny”).

In anthropology, Homo faber (as “the working man”) is confronted with “Homo ludens” (the “playing man,” who is concerned with amusements, humor and leisure).

It can be also used in opposition or juxtaposition to “deus faber” (god the creator, the making god), an archetype of which are the various gods of the forge.

solomon levi
01-07-2011, 07:53 PM
The anvil part is interesting to alchemist. There is some green language and stuff going on here.
They often tell us to "strike" the matter, as Moses "struck" the rock.
As far as I have yet comprehended, this is an allusion to feeding our matter with alkali, the substance
of the Oak/Bole.

bole
early 14c., from O.N. bolr "tree trunk," from P.Gmc. *bulas (cf. M.Du. bolle "trunk of a tree"), from PIE *bhel- (2) "to blow, swell" (cf. Gk. phyllon "leaf," phallos "swollen penis;" L. flos "flower," florere "to blossom, flourish," folium "leaf;" O.Prus. balsinis "cushion;" O.N. belgr "bag, bellows;" O.E. bolla "pot, cup, bowl;" O.Ir. bolgaim "I swell," blath "blossom, flower," bolach "pimple," bolg "bag;" Bret. bolc'h "flax pod;" Serb. buljiti "to stare, be bug-eyed;" Serbo-Croat. blazina "pillow").
bolt (n.)
O.E. bolt "short, stout arrow with a heavy head;" also "crossbow for throwing bolts," from P.Gmc. *bultas (cf. O.N. bolti, Dan. bolt, Du. bout, Ger. Bolzen), perhaps from PIE base *bheld- "to knock, strike" (cf. Lith. beldu "I knock," baldas "pole for striking"). Applied since M.E. to other short metal rods (especially those with knobbed ends). From the notion of an arrow's flight comes the lightning bolt (1530s). A bolt of canvas (c.1400) was so called for its shape. Adverbial phrase bolt upright is from late 14c.
bolt (v.)
from bolt (n.) in its various senses; from a crossbow arrow's quick flight comes the meaning "to spring, to make a quick start" (early 13c.). Via the notion of runaway horses, this came to mean "to leave suddenly" (early 19c.). Meaning "to gulp down food" is from 1794. The meaning "to secure by means of a bolt" is from 1580s.
interfere
mid-15c., "to strike against," from M.Fr. enterferer "to strike each other," from entre- "between" + ferir "to strike," from L. ferire "to knock, strike," related to L. forare "to bore, pierce," and cognate with O.E. borian "to bore" (cf. punch (v.), which has both the sense "to hit" and "to make a hole in").

Or in some alchemy, it could be an actual bolt/jolt of electricity to our Frank/true/wise-en-stein/stone.

horticult
01-08-2011, 12:15 PM
Sorry I supposed some knowledge, which is here common, so again, yes, faber = homo faber.

Also Vulcan-Hefaistos etc.

solomon levi
01-09-2011, 12:19 PM
Thank you Androgynus. I searched faber but not together with homo. :)
Yes - Vulcan. Interesting!

Fr. S.O.L.
07-11-2011, 11:56 AM
"...the geometrical shapes which compose the capital 'G' are the crescent or semi-circle and right angle of 90 degrees, the same shapes for which the compasses and square are used to inscribe in operative masonry.

The negative space created by uniting the square and compasses forms a shape similar to a lozenge or rhombus which is indicative of the yoni in the Hindu and other Eastern traditions. The capital 'G' which is oftentimes depicted within that negative space being representative of God the Father or 'Genitor,' the emblem in its entirity might also be taken as a representation the 'Hermetic Marriage' or 'Squaring of the Circle' which sigifies the union of opposites, the lozenge being, like the vesica piscis in Western Esotericism, suggestive of the yoni or kteis, and the capital 'G' in the center, suggestive of the Generative or Creative Principle.

When the capital 'G' is not present within the lozenge the theme of oppositional union still persists as the square then signifies earth, while the compasses, insofar as they are used by operative masons to inscribe circles, signify the orbit of the planetary bodies & thus the heavens; the one represents matter, the other, spirit, and while the 'Squaring of the Circle' is not an idea traditionally associated with Freemasonry, the square and circle are nonetheless, as above demonstrated, the precise geometrical shapes for which the square and compasses are used to inscribe by operative masons..."

(excerpted from 'The United Square & Compasses: An Esoteric Analysis')

Krisztian
04-27-2012, 03:04 AM
I'm a Freemason, of Lodge No. 46; the letter "G" stands for God, Geometrician, the Great Architect, etc. Few masons seem to know that originally the "G" was a small g referring to, the image of, a reptile, formerly from the Arabic, Egyptian tradition or lineage.

It's controversial, but that it also pertains to, points towards, the ancient belief that the humanoid organism has a reptile "manufactured" origin. You'll see evidence of it from studying the human brain. The thin layer that we call human closely rests on a mammalian, which in turn sits on the reptilian. All three brains are housed in every humanoid.

Krisztian
04-27-2012, 03:19 AM
Consequently, when Adam was naked in the garden, that meant his body was that of a reptile. The human-skin refers to the clothes he wore. The story of the 'sin', the 'fall from grace', refers to the gods who created man in their image, and Adam was made less represented by the human-skin. Adam fell from the level of the gods, whom happen to be reptilians, and made human yet still was made in the image.

zoas23
04-27-2012, 04:36 AM
My photoshop skills aren't amazing and the image of the tree of life I found is kinda cheesy (but I wanted a very "empty" one and the ohters I found were filled with so many correspondences and colors that the collage was hard to understand).

http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/854/meditationtree.png

Gimel is the path that unites Kether (1) and Tiphareth (6)... The "Latinization" of Hebrew letters is not unusual.
The center of the G crosses Da'ath (Gnosis) and Da'ath is what unites Jakim and Boaz.
G is also the 7th letter of the Latin alphabeth... the 7 planets.

EDIT:
I think it is simply the union of three letters: Gimel, Gamma and the Latin G... and also the idea of bringing together a Latin (Christian), Greek (Pagan) and Hebrew (Jewish) tradition by bringing one letter that unites 3 different ideas.

On the other hand, maybe you already knew about this meaning and you were mostly commenting/asking about the Ouroboros connection and my post is really silly 'cause it says nothing about it! (I'm not sure... LOL).

rogerc
04-27-2012, 05:40 AM
The "G" stands for gypsum as says Fulcanelli:

Masonic emblems, surrounded by a halo, in the center of a triangle (28). This symbol
offers the same meaning as the letter G, seventh of the alphabet, initial of the common
name of the Subject of the sages, represented in the middle of a radiating star [N.B. ---
gold, gur, galena, graphite, gabbro, granite, gypsum, gneiss, garnet].

the compass and square come together to make the alchemical symbol for arsenic,
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/f/fb/Arsenic_alchemical_symbol.svg/365px-Arsenic_alchemical_symbol.svg.png

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSj6wjdSOX0H-xRGGWx_jzVe0t7xF8NaB_PQEshSRL4rMhe-2_OEg
they are the only two matters you need to make the philosophers stone, everything else comes from heaven, thats why they are presented together. All other explanations were presented to sheath the truth from the non-inititated....by the way now adays only God can initiate you but you have to really want it and you have to make yourself worthy of it, not any stupid lodge or "secret" society can do it for you if you pay their dues and perform their coursework....

http://www.werplaques.com/images/masonic-square-and-compass-0022.jpg

Krisztian
04-27-2012, 08:16 PM
Friend, you don't join Lodges of Freemasonry for the "secrets"; but for the principles that was left behind by those adepts who walked before us: brotherly love, relief and truth. In our society today, those principles are practiced very rarely in my experience. What's most common is anger and retaliation and the war between having one's opinion being better than another's.

Salazius
04-28-2012, 12:41 PM
Friend, you don't join Lodges of Freemasonry for the "secrets"; but for the principles that was left behind by those adepts who walked before us: brotherly love, relief and truth.

They wouldn't seek so desperately operative alchemists if secrets were still in their possession...

Krisztian
04-28-2012, 07:30 PM
There're operative alchemists in Lodges. It's a great misconception of non-members to assume, theorize, etc. (It's like describing how Thailand is when someone never actually visited that country.) Most members don't care about alchemy or "secrets". Most members in Lodges join because, generally, majority of members are good-hearted people who're at a stage in their lives where they're satisfied with the basic issues (i.e., work, finances, family, hobbies, etc.) in life. That's all.

For what it was 300 years ago for example, it's not about the "secrets" these days in modern times. That's from my experiences, I am an operative alchemist. It's not a big deal.

solomon levi
04-28-2012, 10:10 PM
I'm a Freemason, of Lodge No. 46; the letter "G" stands for God, Geometrician, the Great Architect, etc. Few masons seem to know that originally the "G" was a small g referring to, the image of, a reptile, formerly from the Arabic, Egyptian tradition or lineage.

It's controversial, but that it also pertains to, points towards, the ancient belief that the humanoid organism has a reptile "manufactured" origin. You'll see evidence of it from studying the human brain. The thin layer that we call human closely rests on a mammalian, which in turn sits on the reptilian. All three brains are housed in every humanoid.

:)
It's funny how controversial this is with the evidence before our eyes.
Just goes to show that people see what they prefer rather than what is.

Here is an interesting book on the subject:
http://poloneum.com/FLYING%20SERPENTS%20AND%20DRAGONS.pdf

solomon levi
04-28-2012, 10:28 PM
The "G" stands for gypsum as says Fulcanelli:
Masonic emblems, surrounded by a halo, in the center of a triangle (28). This symbol
offers the same meaning as the letter G, seventh of the alphabet, initial of the common
name of the Subject of the sages, represented in the middle of a radiating star [N.B. ---
gold, gur, galena, graphite, gabbro, granite, gypsum, gneiss, garnet].

the compass and square come together to make the alchemical symbol for arsenic,
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/f/fb/Arsenic_alchemical_symbol.svg/365px-Arsenic_alchemical_symbol.svg.png

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSj6wjdSOX0H-xRGGWx_jzVe0t7xF8NaB_PQEshSRL4rMhe-2_OEg
they are the only two matters you need to make the philosophers stone, everything else comes from heaven, thats why they are presented together. All other explanations were presented to sheath the truth from the non-inititated....by the way now adays only God can initiate you but you have to really want it and you have to make yourself worthy of it, not any stupid lodge or "secret" society can do it for you if you pay their dues and perform their coursework....

There's a lot of interpretation here.
"As says Fulcanelli..." yeah, if you ignore the other eight items listed that start with a "g".
I've read Fucanelli. He doesn't say "G stands for gypsum". You may be right in your interpretation,
but it is nevertheless important to distinguish your interpretation of Fulcanelli from what Fulcanelli
actually said. It's a lie when you say "as says Fulcanelli" and he didn't say what you say he said.
Even if your interpretation is a successful working one, that doesn't deny the existence of other
working interpretations which Fulcanelli may have known and intended. Galena, for example, also
supplies the sulfur for a sulfur-arsenic theory.

"The compass and square... arsenic..." there are no right angles, thus no square in that symbol.
The imagination can see what it likes, but a square has a very specific definition. I see a compass,
but when does a 60-60-60 triangle represent a square?

"by the way now adays only God can initiate you but you have to really want it and you have to make yourself worthy of it,...."

Oh please. This is total speculation/opinion. As if you know everyone in the world to say there are no
longer any adepts teaching this to students. Why even go there?

solomon levi
04-28-2012, 10:33 PM
There're operative alchemists in Lodges. It's a great misconception of non-members to assume, theorize, etc. (It's like describing how Thailand is when someone never actually visited that country.) Most members don't care about alchemy or "secrets". Most members in Lodges join because, generally, majority of members are good-hearted people who're at a stage in their lives where they're satisfied with the basic issues (i.e., work, finances, family, hobbies, etc.) in life. That's all.

For what it was 300 years ago for example, it's not about the "secrets" these days in modern times. That's from my experiences, I am an operative alchemist. It's not a big deal.

It's possible he's not assuming anything. Maybe these societies have sought him out for his knowledge.
He didn't say anything about there not being operative alchemists in these lodges. :)

rogerc
04-29-2012, 10:51 PM
Is God spelled with a "G" in all languages, i.e. Deus -"G" ?....the stupid guy is the guy who thinks everything was written for him in english and is and was always presented in the format he found it in, the fool is the man that does not search out the root of a thing, the fool is the man who does not see nor cares to look for the common thread in the writings of the adepts.

Krisztian
04-30-2012, 01:30 AM
Is God spelled with a "G" in all languages, i.e. Deus -"G" ?....the stupid guy is the guy who thinks everything was written for him in english and is and was always presented in the format he found it in, the fool is the man that does not search out the root of a thing, the fool is the man who does not see nor cares to look for the common thread in the writings of the adepts.

Freemasonry was formed in it's latest incarnation, so to speak, in English Lodges. That's why the big "G". In Italian, the "G" is left out blank, or like the void. (I have an authentic Italian masonic cufflink, if you want proof.) In the true origin of Freemasonry, as I said in the Arabic or Egyptian traditions, the small letter "g" was the symbol, representing the image, the body of a reptile. The caricature of small 'g' was a depiction of a reptile's body. The symbol of big "G" is a modern version of Freemasonry. The British probably wanted to separate themselves from it's roots, make it their own, and inserted their big "G" in the reworking of the symbol on the apron.

rogerc: I sense great anger (and intolerance) in you, why? We're just posting, having fun. You, I, the other members who post are simply sharing info - that's all, no thing more, no thing less. We're all from the same family.

rogerc
04-30-2012, 09:28 AM
Freemasonry was formed in it's latest incarnation, so to speak, in English Lodges. That's why the big "G". In Italian, the "G" is left out blank, or like the void. (I have an authentic Italian masonic cufflink, if you want proof.) In the true origin of Freemasonry, as I said in the Arabic or Egyptian traditions, the small letter "g" was the symbol, representing the image, the body of a reptile. The caricature of small 'g' was a depiction of a reptile's body. The symbol of big "G" is a modern version of Freemasonry. The British probably wanted to separate themselves from it's roots, make it their own, and inserted their big "G" in the reworking of the symbol on the apron.

rogerc: I sense great anger (and intolerance) in you, why? We're just posting, having fun. You, I, the other members who post are simply sharing info - that's all, no thing more, no thing less. We're all from the same family.

How bout french, Fulcanelli was french his books were written in french, he talks about the g in terms of the french language not english what i think is hilarious is when english speaking people read his books in english and try to decipher his works on the english translations for subjects mineral and non mineral instead of the french, this goes for his use of phonetic cabala as well. Btw I come from a long line of master masons, I know what they teach/know and I can attest to what Salazius said they have no operative sense left, if you don't believe me just read what the author of Compass of The Wise says about lodges...pure bacchanelia.

solomon levi
04-30-2012, 12:45 PM
Jesus people!
This is what Salazius said:
"They wouldn't seek so desperately operative alchemists if secrets were still in their possession..."

When you talk about someone else be sure and quote them accurately,
not to reflect what you want them to say. People are not pawns for you to place
in your defense. Salazius didn't say what you say he said:
"I know what they teach/know and I can attest to what Salazius said they have no operative sense left,"

Where does Salazius say they have no operative sense left?

rogerc
04-30-2012, 09:27 PM
Why would they so desperately seek operative alchemists if they these secrets were in their possesion, do I have to spell it out for you?.....what you can't infer?...are you really that stupid? Inference skills are taught at the third grade level, if they had operative knowledge they would not have to seek anybody out, now would they? They would be the fountainhead of this knowledge, what I attest to being myself a master mason is that they have no operative sense left...its lost...how much more plainly can I put it,...are you a master mason? What do you know about it? ...stop criticising everybody, everbody is open to their own interpretation, nobody has to agree with you, just like nobody has to agree with me, present your viewpoint and move on. I have no need for further arguements with you...

solomon levi
05-01-2012, 10:11 PM
You can attest to whatever you want, just don't do it falsely in Salazius' name.

Yes, I know how to infer, better than you apparently, because I can do it without
confusing the original message.
The inference one can make on Salazius' behalf is that they don't have secrets,
NOT that they don't have operative alchemists. Are you that stupid that you can't read?

"what I attest to being myself a master mason is that they have no operative sense left...its lost...
how much more plainly can I put it,...are you a master mason? What do you know about it?"

I know that I posted a practical alchemy video by a mason a few months ago.
I know that means there are operative alchemists in masonry, as he tells us and shows
us in the video. That means I know more truthfully than you without even having to go
through any masonry training or degrees, so a lot of good it did you.
And just recently in this very thread Krisztian told you he was an operative mason alchemist,
so how much more plainly can we put it? I know more than you about it. I know better than
to confuse my personal limited knowledge with complete absolute knowledge - something you
have confused twice in this thread - first by saying imagining that you know that no where in
the world does an adept teach alchemy to an apprentice, "only god can do it now"; second by saying
there are no operative alchemists in masonry.
And without even being a mason I know enough about them to know that your little lodge is not informed
about the practices of all lodges in the world, which is more than you know apparently since you assume
that being a mason, you would know if there were any operative alchemists anywhere in masonry.
Your "logic" is that there are none in your lodge so there are none in any lodges?! Who is stupid?

Krisztian
05-06-2012, 11:49 PM
If one understands the very deep symbolic "secrets" upon which Freemasonry (Northern European, predominantly, British) is built, then we can safely say that the hidden keys of the masonic work (of it's rituals and symbols) is really all about practical alchemy. No doubt about it! (However, I suspect that majority of masons will care very little about this fact. As I pointed out earlier, majority of members attend lodges solely for it's social aspect. Safe to say also, at the Sovereign Grand Lodge of Malta and probably in the United Grand Lodge of England, there may be some serious masters of the occult who not just understand the connection but also utilize it's ritualistic method to perfection.)

One of many examples: the symbol (and shape) associated with the "crucible" (in the alchemical cypher key of Valentinus,1659) has an uncanny resemblance to a master mason's apron. Bro. 32* KCCH Timothy Hogan's The Alchemical Keys to Masonic Ritual speaks to this profound connection.