PDA

View Full Version : We are building an edifice

solomon levi
01-24-2011, 01:37 AM
Isn't it interesting how we move from thread to thread, sometimes expanding, sometimes reviving old ones,
sometimes sprawling into new areas. A good thread will have magnetism, mojo, wyrd, that "je ne sais quoi".
And each of us takes our time to throw our two bricks in. We are building an edifice, a temple...
an Invisible College, a Library of Alexandria, a Louvre...

I'm grateful to Deviadah and Aleilius for conceiving this place, and to all of you who contribute.

It went something like that ;)

Aleilius
01-24-2011, 01:52 AM
Isn't it interesting how we move from thread to thread, sometimes expanding, sometimes reviving old ones,
sometimes sprawling into new areas. A good thread will have magnetism, mojo, wyrd, that "je ne sais quoi".
And each of us takes our time to throw our two bricks in. We are building an edifice, a temple...

I'm grateful to Deviadah and Aleilius for conceiving this place, and to all of you who contribute.

Haha, that's almost an exact copy. Something like that.

Don't sweat it deviadah. Shit happens! Only you, and I know what we discussed in the final few moments of the previous incarnation of this thread.

III
01-24-2011, 05:52 AM

Hi Solomon,

You are familiar I'm sure with Freud and his edifice complex?

Awani
01-24-2011, 08:51 AM
Yes, well done!

:cool:

solomon levi
01-28-2011, 04:27 PM
Hi Solomon,

You are familiar I'm sure with Freud and his edifice complex?

No, I'm not.
Ok, googled it. Oedipus - yes, I know that one.
Well, no complex here, it's just what I saw.
My attention is more on the edifice than the builder who may or may not have a complex. :)

horticult
01-29-2011, 02:17 PM
William Golding: The Spire

or even better ;-) but OT: Lord of the Flies.