PDA

View Full Version : Power of Mind

Opus Magnum
02-12-2011, 10:29 PM
Maybe this isn't the right section, move it then, administrators. :)

BUT!

About three years ago I found some interesting text. It was in Lithuanian, so I can't post it here while I have not translated it to English. But it is not about the text... It is about its CONTENT. The text says that Mind Magic is the most powerful in the world (at least nowadays). When you think, your minds are sent to the conscious of the Universe where they start to realize. It was mentioned, that it's possible even to destroy objects using your mind. Of course you have to be a very strong Mind Magician. Later, I have to talked to an experienced magician, who told me that it is true. She said, that we could even change the world drastically if milions of people would think about the same on the same time. Also, she revealed how to train the Mind.

Is anyone familiar with this stuff? What do you think about this?

solomon levi
02-13-2011, 12:00 AM
I suppose I am familiar with it, but I see it as a limitation, like siddhas or powers a yogi can attain, but they take one away from unity.
This is also recognized in the difference between sorcerers and seers - a seers just sees what is and it is perfect; there is nothing to do, to change.
But a sorcerer wants to act on what is seen, to use it, to profit by it.

I'm not saying it's bad or not to do it. I'm just saying it is a distraction from the most direct path. But definitely investigate it and see for yourself.

If I were to interpret it, I would say that that which is mind is also dreaming, and there are many dreams within dreams. So to wake up from one
dream into another is to have power over the "lower" dream and to be able to manipulate it, like in the movie The Matrix. But for one who sees,
one dream is just like any other, and they desire to awaken from mind, the separator, into unity.

So yes, there is magic in the mind. We are already consummate magicians, the way we mold reality and give apparent life to the ego, etc.
We only need to make conscious what we do unconsciously all the time. But perhaps the greatest magic is to drop the mind altogether.

Donna Matrix
02-13-2011, 01:27 AM
Isn't this the point of group meditation, mass praters, and moments of silence? look at the magic that just happened in Egypt. That is a perfect example of many people focused in a single goal. Then thhere is Rupert Sheldrake's idea of morphogenic resonance, and the 100th monkey phenemenon. Mind is very powerful.

I use mind to promote certain outcomes in certain situations, and for healing. I use this for business and general do-gooding. As we go into Aquarius, it is the group mind that will surpass the individual's.

Opus Magnum
02-13-2011, 08:50 AM
I have "played" few times with it in a bus, to prove to myself that it works. I just looked at the person and thought "Look at me, look at me", and he always looked. I heard about one magician, who was a genius in this thing and that's a real story. I can't remember the name of that man, but he did wonderous things. He worked with Stalin. Once he robbed a bank. He just came to bank, showed a blank papers, but the employee of the bank thought that it was a cheque and gave the required amount of money. Did you hear anything about this?

Salazius
02-13-2011, 09:10 AM
Yes Opus Magnum, this story is, if my memory is right, in a book of Jospeh Murphy, 'the powers of the subconscious".

solomon levi
02-13-2011, 08:00 PM
Derren Brown does a lot of these mind tricks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nVw09ujMfs&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKoGOsLzWmA

Frater IA
02-14-2011, 12:56 AM
Given my username I'm sure you can understand my background (however slight it may be) however, the power of the mind, is INTENTION! The most powerful magus's and sorcerers in history trained there minds for pure intention, for sorcerers the words spoken symbolize their intentions, for a Magus or Mystic like myself, many times the intent stays within, and the word spoken is a name, and what is a name but an address in which you want the message or intent to be sent in asking for help. Such as if I was to intent healing and joy upon someone, and I wanted a powerful divine name of say an earthly divination, I would vibrate the name of the archangel Oriel. So that Oriel may aid me in this task, upon finding my intent pure, it would be set in motion. Many of the most powerful mind magus's have been rumored to be able to literally create things from their mind on our physical plane (Malkuth).

Opus Magnum
02-14-2011, 06:27 PM
Derren Brown does a lot of these mind tricks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nVw09ujMfs&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKoGOsLzWmA

That's amazing. Isn't it a fake?

asket
02-14-2011, 08:17 PM
hi opus magnum,

the person you were referring to in your previous post was known as "Wolf Messing". It's also said that he was able to enter a guarded office were Stahlin was working.The guards later explained that the only person who entered the office was a high ranked general...

ps: another video that fits the thread title: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mm3CmNE72Bw

Opus Magnum
02-15-2011, 10:35 AM
hi opus magnum,

the person you were referring to in your previous post was known as "Wolf Messing". It's also said that he was able to enter a guarded office were Stahlin was working.The guards later explained that the only person who entered the office was a high ranked general...

ps: another video that fits the thread title: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mm3CmNE72Bw

Yes, that's him! Thank you :) Yeah, I heard that too. How do you think, is it a gift from God, or is it achievable?

asket
02-15-2011, 04:26 PM
i think it comes as a gift but can also be bought from a thief.
it depends on the method one uses to receive the knowledge.
i guess that's also answering the "achievable part".

solomon levi
02-17-2011, 09:43 PM
That's amazing. Isn't it a fake?

I don't know. I don't think so. :)

For me, if you want to get to will or intent or some power of mind, I'm quite certain that you have to have to get to nothing first.
That is, if you don't undo yourself from any fixed conceptions or beliefs or images and become an unknown, your ability to manifest
something will be greatly limited by your identity.

There have been "themes" along this line in several threads:
- To truly create, one must bring forth from nothing and not rearrange somethings.
- Inception: "Never dream/create from your past or places you know."
- Jesus: "It is not I who do these things, but the Father who is within me."

In other words, the secret kind of protects itself, because if you don't do the ego work (deconstruction) first, then you
won't get far. Ego is a great consumer of energy/power for most and one needs all the available energy one can get to do new things.
That's what I mean by undoing yourself, the ego/mind/identity.
Magick doesn't come from thinking or the thinker. Intent is a whole different field. Intent comes from our connectedness/Oneness,
whereas ego/mind/thinking/past/effort, etc comes from separation.

Sorry if I said that in a confusing way. I hope I got my point across. :)

A strong ego can do things of course - make lots of money, have power over others, etc. But then that "kingdom" has to be defended.
There are so many more magickal things one could do, outside the box.

scottaleger
08-12-2011, 11:49 AM
No i am not , but i want to /////////////////////////////////

71xt2xb3xr7
10-07-2011, 11:37 PM
Try researching the subject of "the Kybalion", they have 7 principles in which they follow and expand upon that deal with what you are trying to do. The Kybalion is about using Mental Alchemy, which deals with controlling your thoughts in order to control worldly reality. And this is where I agree in that you must break down and discard the ego if you want to become receptive to higher realities and channel them properly. Having no control from within you have no control from without; Help yourself to help others; Receive in order to Give. All of creation was created so we are all created vessels with the sole purpose of being filled with the divine in order to return to the divine. Hope this helps, and the seven principles described in the Kybalion will help you to achieve what you are looking for.

vapor
12-21-2011, 07:43 AM
Maybe this isn't the right section, move it then, administrators. :)

BUT!

About three years ago I found some interesting text. It was in Lithuanian, so I can't post it here while I have not translated it to English. But it is not about the text... It is about its CONTENT. The text says that Mind Magic is the most powerful in the world (at least nowadays). When you think, your minds are sent to the conscious of the Universe where they start to realize. It was mentioned, that it's possible even to destroy objects using your mind. Of course you have to be a very strong Mind Magician. Later, I have to talked to an experienced magician, who told me that it is true. She said, that we could even change the world drastically if milions of people would think about the same on the same time. Also, she revealed how to train the Mind.

Is anyone familiar with this stuff? What do you think about this?

In the Tarot (Rider Waite in particular) the 'Magician' is below a symbol of 'eternity' , a sideways "8" .
(opinion) . . . it is 'impossible' to stop being a magician . . . we can only have the 'illusion' of turning it off .
the 'magical powers' , however , do diminish if there is the presence of too much 'ego' . . .
as such (opinion) the science of spiritual alchemy is related to getting free of the dross of ego to enable our inner 'Hermes' to resurrect .
all is determined by 'Natural Law' .