PDA

View Full Version : Hello and Greetings

Lapis Solaris
02-27-2011, 11:42 AM
My screen name, as you can see, is Luna Noctua, Latin for "moon owl". Really, my primary goal in choosing a screen name was to have something to do with the moon. And I like owls. Night dwelling birds of prey, symbolic of wisdom, they are elegant and yet stealthy; beautiful birds. I hardly know where to start with the moon. As an alchemical symbol for silver, a lesser light to rest the eyes from the light of day, she pulls the tides, a beauty in the sky for all to see. The moon truly is in my favour. :)

I could hardly call myself an alchemist as of yet but I do look forward to hopping further down the rabbit hole, as it were. ;) I call myself a follower of Jesus Christ (a Christian, in other words) and this is my foundation by which I stand, God's strength. I make no judgment down onto others or mark myself "superior" by this, it is simply where I stand.
I am also a musician and I play about 5 instruments, the piano being my first as I have had lessons for 9 years over school and I've been playing for about 11. Guitar is probably my second instrument, almost equal to the violin in my experience. I have had about three years of lessons for violin and I've taught myself guitar but I think that guitar has just about taken over as my second instrument. I've been singing for the most part of my life, at least starting from primary school. I can also play the bass guitar (I don't play the bass very much at all, but I am capable of it).

Oh, and my real name is Susan. Feel free to call me so, whatever you would prefer. :)

I look forward to reading and learning from the forum and hopefully I can make some kind of valuable contribution of my own soon enough.

God bless and guide you,

Luna Noctua.

Aleilius
02-27-2011, 05:22 PM
Hi Luna Nocturna, I guess Seth-Ra finally convinced you to hope on the alchemical bandwagon, or at the very least to join the forum. ;)

I think it's pretty neat that you play instruments. I am a bit of a musician myself. I'm mostly a woodwinds guy. Play the saxophone (alto), and the clarinet. A few years ago I tried to teach myself to play the violin, but that was a losing battle without a proper teacher. Always loved the sound of the violin. I do not think there is any other instrument that brings out emotions in people like the violin (well, if played by a properly trained musician).

Awani
02-27-2011, 05:50 PM
Hi there and welcome!

:cool:

Seth-Ra
02-27-2011, 07:26 PM
*hugs* welcome my friend! ^.^
Glad you decided to come - im sure you'll find plenty of neat things around here. ;)

Aleilius - you know me, always adding to the gypsy caravan. lol Somethings are best when shared with good friends - like God, chocolate, fruit, and the Arcanum... did i mention chocolate? :D

Welcome Luna - enjoy your continued learning, and remember, not many of us bite, so help is a click away. ;)

your friend,
~Seth-Ra

Dendritic Xylem
02-27-2011, 08:12 PM
Welcome!
This is an excellent place to learn about the Art.

Frater IA
02-27-2011, 09:31 PM
MOON OWLY PERSON!!! hi............. :) Welcome, this is a wonderful place with many like minded people, all working apart and in unison towards the Great Work. I love Jesus too (not Christian, though) What type of music do you play? Or should I say, what type do you "like" to play the most?

Aleilius
02-27-2011, 10:19 PM
Welcome Luna - enjoy your continued learning, and remember, not many of us bite, so help is a click away. ;)

Haha, not many of us. :D

Lapis Solaris
02-28-2011, 04:06 AM
Hi Luna Nocturna, I guess Seth-Ra finally convinced you to hope on the alchemical bandwagon, or at the very least to join the forum. ;)

Yes, you could say that. Although if it were not of my own accord then I wouldn't have joined, of course. ;)
Oh, and it's "Noctua". Nocturna is night, Noctua is owl.

I think it's pretty neat that you play instruments. I am a bit of a musician myself. I'm mostly a woodwinds guy. Play the saxophone (alto), and the clarinet. A few years ago I tried to teach myself to play the violin, but that was a losing battle without a proper teacher. Always loved the sound of the violin. I do not think there is any other instrument that brings out emotions in people like the violin (well, if played by a properly trained musician).

There really is no way I'd be able to play the violin if not for having had lessons for three years, and even now I can only just go on my own. It is a very beautiful instrument along with others like it such as the viola, cello and double bass... I would play them all if I had the opportunity. I also find it very interesting that you're a woodwind player, I've always been a strings-type person myself. I love the sound of a saxophone especially. :)

Lapis Solaris
02-28-2011, 04:10 AM
Aleilius - you know me, always adding to the gypsy caravan. lol Somethings are best when shared with good friends - like God, chocolate, fruit, and the Arcanum... did i mention chocolate? :D

Ah Seth-Ra, do you wish to exclude me? Are you forgetting that I'm allergic to chocolate? :P And thank you for the welcome, my friend. ;)

Lapis Solaris
02-28-2011, 04:12 AM
Hi there and welcome!

:cool:

Thank you, Deviadah. I appreciate your welcome, and thank you for the membership also. :)

Lapis Solaris
02-28-2011, 04:13 AM
Welcome!
This is an excellent place to learn about the Art.

So I hear, Dendritic Xylem. Thank you. :)

Lapis Solaris
02-28-2011, 04:21 AM
MOON OWLY PERSON!!! hi............. :) Welcome, this is a wonderful place with many like minded people, all working apart and in unison towards the Great Work.

Thank you, Frater IA. I look forward to it. :)

What type of music do you play? Or should I say, what type do you "like" to play the most?

I play what one of my friends once called "God-genre". I don't stick to a specific genre, but rather for what is behind it, although for the most part I seem to be more on the folk/pop/rock/alternative side. Truthful, spiritual music, nonetheless, and often it could be music simply about the every day life of a person (I don't like to separate the physical from the spiritual, so if the music is true then I still consider it truthful and spiritual).
And often a lot of "Christian" music puts me off, just in case you were thinking that's what I meant.

Frater IA
02-28-2011, 05:14 PM
It sounds wonderful! I've taken part in drum circles before. (usually involving some type of tea with it, like kava kava to bring out our inner creativity and relax us) Oh no, I didn't get the feeling that you were into gospel music at all, lol. Those are a special breed of people, and you don't give off that vibe at all. :) Spiritual music is a very enlightening thing, as I listen I try to release control of myself and let the sounds move my being to better feel what their creator intends. ;)

Lapis Solaris
02-28-2011, 09:23 PM
Oh no, I didn't get the feeling that you were into gospel music at all, lol. Those are a special breed of people, and you don't give off that vibe at all. :) Spiritual music is a very enlightening thing, as I listen I try to release control of myself and let the sounds move my being to better feel what their creator intends. ;)

Hahaha, well I suppose the typical stereotype of a "Christian musician" listens to all of that kind of thing so I just wanted to be clear. Although, the stereotypical Christian probably wouldn't be on here to begin with now would they? ;)

Frater IA
02-28-2011, 11:03 PM
Stereotypical Christian is NOT synonomous with "good faithful Christian.

It seems those who question things most ultimately become the most faithful, as well as they also are those who find the answers. Those who question not, and seek not answers, are doomed to live their lives again and again.

Lapis Solaris
03-01-2011, 05:08 AM
Stereotypical Christian is NOT synonomous with "good faithful Christian.

Absolutely. I'm very used to it being viewed this way, though, and so I give information based on what I'd normally expect the response would bring. I like to make sure I've cleared any preconceived ideas there may be so that I've done my part, and it's up to they who respond to listen and understand. Thank you for responding in a way I would not usually expect. :)

It seems those who question things most ultimately become the most faithful, as well as they also are those who find the answers. Those who question not, and seek not answers, are doomed to live their lives again and again.

Indeed, I do not like the typical hiding behind a crowd of others, who claim to know what they're talking about and yet they are spoon-fed from a man in a tie with a microphone, others' ideas and metaphors, and what seems acceptable and "safe". Of course we learn off of eachother, as iron sharpens iron, so one person sharpens another, this is good. What I don't like is the piggy-backing that is done which is then masked with an authoritive and knowledgable demeanor, which leads to pride and completely loses the point to start off with! If they really wanted to find out for themselves, this may have been a different story. However this is the unfortunate majority, and it is easy to simply view "Christianity" as a whole from the examples that are so common. Hence my caution in stating where I stand.

Salazius
03-01-2011, 11:25 AM
Welcome Susan ! Glad to see you here :)

Lapis Solaris
03-02-2011, 01:57 AM
Welcome Susan ! Glad to see you here :)

Hello Salazius, thank you. :)

solomon levi
03-10-2011, 08:07 PM
Greetings Luna Noctua!

Lapis Solaris
07-27-2011, 08:37 AM
Greetings Luna Noctua!

Thank you for the greeting, Solomon Levi. I'm sorry for the late reply, I'm not sure why I didn't reply before. My apologies.