PDA

View Full Version : Hello Sisters n Brothers

being
03-06-2011, 03:27 AM
I find it challenging talking about myself, capturing things in words.

I am relatively new to proper "alchemy", I am however an old soul, a traveler, a seeker, I have explored a lot of things only to come to a truth i knew instinctively as a kid. I find most young humans to be very intuitive and I'm not surprised to see many youngsters joining this forum. My journey has been largely personal and independent, for instance I like philosophy but dislike reading too much philosophy.

I was a spiritual seeker for a long time, when I decided to stop seeking and find, I found.
I have had very interesting "knowings" , about people, about myself, about life.. I want to integrate this into alchemy experimentation, to take my sense of knowing, my intuition to a level where i can physically work it with matter.

I noticed many here are Christians, I would not describe myself as a christian. But I do respect Christians, I was raised as a Christian and did study the bible. The best way to describe myself is a classical pantheist.

I am in my early 30's. I am blessed with a good job, I am taking pre-med college classes at night keeping me busy, I am also a hypnotist, I practice QiGong, I am very connected to nature in ways I cannot put in words, I call it nature spirituality but it's almost like a kinship with nature. I view all living beings as friends, siblings.. I have exposure to non-religious mysticism and asian mysticism, I'm interested in the so called "free energy" more accurately energy from vacuum (look-up bedini and bearden material) . I am also interested in natural healing, herbs, vitamins (orthomolecular medicine), qigong healing (and energy healing), natural vision improvement, a traditional diet (weston price approach), Taoist ideas (plus many other ideas, I don't follow any one school of thought), mind over body (mind/body/soul interaction), and how one's thoughts and energy influence how the universe unfolds for them.

Reading up on alchemy and it aligns with a lot of what I've explored and found. It also aligns with my classical/spiritual pantheistic ideas of existence. I know about spiritual alchemy and am learning more.. but now I am interested in practical alchemy. I have not labeled myself as anything except as "pantheist" and "hypnotist", based on what I've been reading, an identity of "alchemist" so far seems to fit me like a glove. One example, when I was 9 I used to look for rocks all the time and expect to find gold, copper, and meteors, I also often wondered about transmutating things to gold, as a kind I wanted to become energy (ascend) and be free of my human body, I often dreamt of flying at night. I always pondered the origins of "gravity", "inertia", "time", "matter", and "thought". These days I have been dreaming of flying again and I often look at the clock only to find it reading 11:11 or 3:33. I am noticing more synchronicity in my life.

I believe alchemy will enable me to explore these innate leanings and rights further.. I am very excited about alchemy! I expect this journey with alchemy to be life long. This forum will be of great help.

I enjoy silence.

As part of my interests in healing, I am strongly interested in spagyrics making elixirs and the stone. I want to improve my health and help a few people who need to improve their physical health.

To all the younger sisters and brothers here I say congratulations for your interest, for finding this website, learn more, trust in your guts, follow your excitement, be true to yourselves. It took me many years to make the journey to this website. Learn from others, but trust in yourself, you and only you can know, can find, and can do. You don't need to follow any one, only learn from others, but don't follow them. You are equally great and powerful as any one else.

I know from experience that our modern medicine, physics and chemistry have gaping holes and miss-info in them, but the truth is becoming more visible now. I consider working with radiant electricity / cold electricity of Tesla a form of alchemy but this is just MHO.

I respect you all, I wish you all the best , and sending you my most humble respects and love.
Namaste & May the Divine Light illuminate you

MarkostheGnostic
03-06-2011, 04:18 AM
Well, allow me to be the first to welcome you to this forum as well as to alchemy! I am a Diplomate and a Fellow in clinical hypnotherapy, in the NBCCH. I have been a practicing hypnotherapist since 1989. You can check my profile for additional info if interested. Meanwhile, Greetings and Salutations to a fellow Seeker!

Seth-Ra
03-06-2011, 05:26 AM
Welcome!
Im not sure about "many here being christians" - i think we are few and far between (i can count us all on one hand i think lol) and kinda look, at first glance, "out of place" lol but whatever. lol
I have a feeling you'll fit right in, and i wish you luck on your searching and finding the things youre after. :)

Also - side note/inquiry: you said you have a sort of Nature Kinship - this i can totally relate to, i think im part druid somewhere amidst my christianity lol - but my inquiry is, have you also noticed that when such a "kinship" is made, and youre at peace with your fellow brethren, that things considered as problems by others, no longer bother/attack you? (like mosquitos, ants, "aggressive"/"parasite" type beings that normally bother humans, being friendly to us, etc...)

Anyway, Welcome, and may the Divine Light illuminate you also. :)

~Seth-Ra

being
03-06-2011, 06:56 AM
Seth-Ra, thank you for bringing that up. I had not noticed until now, I used to be a mosquito magnet, i mean if there is 1 mosquito and a 100 people in a room it comes to me. Last year however i got bit once or twice only despite going on hikes in wooded areas... I never connected the dots of not getting bitten and this re-established connection i made with nature especially last yr as i made an effort to be outdoors.

I'm a hypnotherapist with the National Guild of Hypnotists , only been practicing since 2009 :)

Thank you all for your greetings, this forum is really wonderful, gonna take me many months to read all the info here.

MarkostheGnostic
03-06-2011, 07:00 AM
Where did you train, or who did you train with in hypnosis?

Seth-Ra
03-06-2011, 07:16 AM
lol i knew i couldnt be the only one to notice such an effect. When i first became "at peace" with Nature, i soon realized ants (which we have, and they normally would bite me) no longer bit me - they may crawl on me, but typically left me alone, and the ones that did bite, was a "hey could you move" kinda bite - as they didnt put that minuet toxin in my skin that makes the itching occur, just a simple, non painful (felt like slight tingling) gesture. lol

Also while i was outside after dark with a cousin of mine, i was trying to preform a healing to him (a sort of energy healing i was doing), and mosquitos, EVERYWHERE. They swarmed him, left me alone. I felt them touch me, but never bite - he on the other hand... wasnt so lucky... lol
I just think its neat. :)

What sort of energy workings have you done and/or studied? Im especially interest in Qigong also - ive heard and seen some interesting things on it, but have never found any good sources, or teachers.

~Seth-Ra

Frater IA
03-06-2011, 07:35 AM
Welcome! You did wonderfully telling us about yourself! I look forward to sharing in your knowledge. ;)

being
03-06-2011, 11:32 PM
MarkostheGnostic, sent you a PM.

Seth-Ra, I learned Spring Forest QiGong.. google it for more info. I took classes up to level 3.
I only do hypnosis on volunteer basis and only do QiGong as personal practice due to my schedule.

Awani
03-06-2011, 11:39 PM
I noticed many here are Christians...

/.../

I consider working with radiant electricity / cold electricity of Tesla a form of alchemy but this is just MHO.

But not all, all faiths are welcome even the faith I myself belong to which is the belief that faith in any religion is silly business.

I too am deeply into Tesla... a lot there to pull from IMO.

:cool:

Andro
03-08-2011, 02:30 PM
[...] faith in any religion is silly business.

I am of the same opinion. But many religious writings are, to varied extents, also very good philosophical and alchemical allegories, when taken esoterically.

While I also consider it quite limiting to take religious writings literally and to live according to their exoteric preachings - there is also a lot to be gained by putting aside the concept of god as an external entity and stop living by this or that 'moral code' (which is mostly a matter of era, geography, political climate and personal interpretation anyway) - and instead, distill the spirit from what these writings are really trying to convey.
The bible, for example, is just another wonderful philosophically archetypal fairytale, next to other ancient myths, and also the likes of Grimm, Andersen, Carroll and Swift (to name a few).

Esoterically, the bible is indeed a more 'complete' collection of older encoded mysteries - but it also got more aggressive (guerrilla) advertising than other works.
And we can always add the massive historical body-count caused by exoteric interpretations.

Donna Matrix
03-09-2011, 09:23 PM
Well said. I think of religion as a man --flawed attempt to bridge the lay person and God. It is frought with ego and evil as well. And is essentially a lie that all must comply or be damned. But there is much good as well. And there are good people associated with it. We each have to come to terms with God Immanent and God Transcendent. As long as beleivers are good and kind, I have no problem. But when they get narrowmided, I get nasty. I pretty much am at the edge of social acceptability already, I don't like it when I am told by another person, advertising campaign, social norm, or theological construct how to live my life. For a woman this is everything.

God created imagination and desire for a reason, as he has created all things. Everyone should be allowed to evolve as they see fit, as long as none are hurt. As alchemists we seek to liberate ourselves while helping others to evelove as well. God Bless the athiests!

solomon levi
03-10-2011, 08:04 PM
Greetings Being! and welcome!

Andro
03-10-2011, 08:14 PM
I pretty much am at the edge of social acceptability already.

Care to elaborate? (If it's OK with you and not too private for a public forum)

Donna Matrix
03-10-2011, 09:51 PM
I think very differetly than most people, although I always try to temper the hard edge of my intellect with a large dose of compassion. No, I'm not a lesbian, or bi or any of that, although there is nothing wrong with that. I don't work right now, by choice and necessity. I live on the low side of consumption, politicallly I am somewhere between liberatarian and bleeding heart liberal, and a lover of God. I have been a mystic since I was a kid growing up in catholic school, and was always the one with all the weird questions, like, "Hey Father, if God says all I have to do is sincerely say I'm sorry, then why do I need to confess my sins to you?"

I don't understand why people can't love each other like God loves us. Of course, an atheist may retort, "because there's no God, duh". But that has truly not been my experience. There are levels of awareness where only God's love exists. Love is God's admin password, and all wisdom is available when we are filled with it. Spirit is everywhere around us, all we have to do is ask to be shown, and give a fair assessment of their manifestation. I beleive we are all responsible for our reality, and our beleifs, and our actions, even tho there is sometimes when it doesn't seem that way.

I have an altar full of crystal skulls and crystals who are my minerals friends, I talk to rocks, fairies,,a nd masters. I have seen angels with my eyes opened and closed, I have seen the grid of space, and other dimensions, and can on occasion manifest powerful good. I pray big, but my body sometimes can't take it. All I've ever really wanted was peace and freedom and to serve God. Now I just want to get my alchemy on. I obsessively study, am just as at home in physics as in mysticism, and finally, finally feel like I have come home to the Art. Actually for me this is a big deal. I haven't really been able to say that since I was a child. I have a spiritual home in Alchemy. Intellectually, spiritually, physically, and in every other way. Feels good, no awesome.

being
03-11-2011, 04:29 PM
I think we all discover what god means to us individually, I am one that thinks of every living being as being one expression of god.. i dont like the word god, i like to use the word universe or omniverse .. as in all there is.. the universe/god experiences itself via distinct individuals like us, but ultimately each of us is god, and all of us are god, since the universe/god is infinite and immortal. I think many myths probably have some truth to them, just as the bible has truth to it. Ultimately no one book or one religion is the answer, the answer is already within each person, so close many don't see it and seek it externally. It is in silence, calmness and time alone or with nature where I find my divine, god, all there is, and it feels great.