PDA

View Full Version : Hair Loss?

being
03-06-2011, 03:55 AM
This is my first post here (after my intro) so I hope this topic is not veering too far from being appropriate for this forum. I came to understand male pattern hair loss as a condition of health and aging not purely only of genetics. In other words, some are predisposed to get male pattern baldness genetically but the onset of such hair loss is triggered and accelerated by health, if a person is not optimally healthy they get hair loss at a younger age, today men get hair loss at ever so younger ages. I could not find any discussions here linking alchemy to revering hair loss.

Speaking of optimal health makes me wonder, if alchemy could help me be healthier, will it stop my hair loss or reverse it? I'm interested in your opinions.

Has anyone here experienced improved hair as a result of improved health thanks to alchemy?

In general, are alchemists bald, healthy (especially ones who have made the elixir of life or the stone)?

Aleilius
03-06-2011, 05:53 AM
Hair loss is a difficult subject, but from what I've seen it has to do with a semi-bad liver. Do you drink alcohol often? Try a milk thistle extract.

I would up your copper levels , but be careful doing so because you'll need to keep your zinc levels in balance.

being
03-06-2011, 07:02 AM
I rarely if ever drink alcohol, was never much of a drinker. But, I shall try milk thistle to help the liver.. I take a multi vitamin that has these minerals and I started using real salt and celtic salt. Thank you.

Has there been any accounts of alchemy helping hair?

MarkostheGnostic
03-06-2011, 07:17 AM
3 parts Vitamin C to 1 part L-Cysteine. It worked for me from stress-related hair loss due to divorce. It will not work for genetically determined male pattern baldness. Do NOT take L-Cysteine without 3X the Vitamin C because the C keeps the amino acid from potentially producing kidney stones. Hair is 16% L-Cysteine.
Also, Selenium, 200 mcg - an antioxidant that counteracts peroxidized oils (free radical damage). More chemistry than alchemy, but apply positive thinking!

Salazius
03-06-2011, 10:02 AM
Hi Being,

Hair loss from an hermetical point of view is a rise of the electrical part of the skull. You need to bring some magnetical.feminine energy there.Same thing with whitening.

I have, and I develop white hair, I saw some of them coming back to brown after ingestion of somemetallic elixirs.

Aleilius speak of zinc, maybe an elixir of zinc could also help ?

Ideas ? Opinions ?

SHD

Aleilius
03-06-2011, 12:10 PM
A few references below:

How Copper, Zinc and Iron Affect Hair Loss (http://medpharm.blogspot.com/2009/05/how-copper-zinc-and-iron-affect-hair.html)

Copper is a trace mineral that is necessary in the production of hemoglobin.
Hemoglobin is vital to the process of carrying oxygen to tissues such as the hair, and obviously hair is alive cannot grow without proper oxygen, yet it does not breathe as other components of our body do, because the oxygen must get to the shaft of the hair. Good sources of copper are liver again, seafood, nuts, and seeds.
Another key mineral vital in the production of hemoglobin is iron. Iron is found in two forms, heme and non-heme; heme iron is much easier to absorb into the system. This is where the problem lies.
Of course most people know that red meat is a good source of iron, however red meat is non-heme iron and is difficult for the body to absorb, as are many iron supplements. Good heme iron sources are green leafy vegetables, kidney beans, and bran.
Additionally, one can increase the absorption of non-heme iron into the body by consuming non-heme food sources and vitamin C sources in the same meal.
Zinc is another vital component to healthy hair, being that it is responsible for cell production, tissue growth and repair, and the maintenance of the oil-secreting glands of the scalp.
It also plays a large role in protein synthesis and collagen formation. For this reason, zinc is important for both hair maintenance and dandruff prevention. Most Americans are deficient in zinc.
Most foods of animal origin, particularly seafood, contain good amounts of zinc; oysters are particularly rich in zinc. Zinc is also found in eggs and milk, although in much smaller amounts.
Zinc from sources such as nuts, legumes, and natural grains is of a different type than those found in animal sources and is not easily used by the body, although oats are a good source of zinc that is readily used by the body...

SYMPTOMS OF COPPER IMBALANCE

Each mineral has “target organs” where it tends to build up. The places where copper accumulates are the liver first, then the brain and the reproductive organs. Copper may affect any organ or system of the body. However, it usually affects about four or five major systems of the body. These are the nervous system, the female and male reproductive system, connective tissues such as hair, skin and nails and organs like the liver. Let us discuss each of these in detail.

Men and copper imbalance. Boys and men are far more affected when copper is out of balance than are women in many cases. Men should be zinc dominance. While most women have more copper in their bodies, men, by contrast, should be zinc-dominant. Zinc, a 'masculine' element, balances copper in the body and is essential for male reproductive activity.

COPPER AND CONNECTIVE TISSUE

Copper is required for collagen formation. Copper deficiency is association with atherosclerosis and other cardiovascular conditions. Excess copper or biounavailable copper often causes connective tissue problems, interfering with the disulfide bonds in connective tissue.

Copper and vitamin C. Copper and vitamin C are direct antagonists. This means that they oppose each other in the body. This is one reason many people feel better taking a lot of vitamin C. Copper tends to oxidize and destroy vitamin C in the body. Meanwhile, vitamin C chelates or removes copper from the body. This requires a dose of vitamin C of at least about 500 mg daily, far higher than the minimum daily requirement of about 60 mg. Many readers know that vitamin C is critical for connective tissues. One of the prominent symptoms of scurvy, or vitamin C deficiency, is bleeding, such as bleeding gums. This is due to connective tissue weakness.

Thus, a copper excess can easily lead to a deficiency of vitamin C in the body and with it many symptoms of vitamin C deficiency. Oddly, however, a copper deficiency also causes connective tissue problems, especially in the heart and cardiovascular system where it is associated with a tendency for aneurisms and atherosclerosis.

Symptoms. Symptoms associated with connective tissue and joints include arthritis, osteoporosis, stretch marks and joint problems of other kinds. Others include scoliosis, kyphosis (bad posture) and many of the conditions of the skin, hair and fingernails and toenails. Others are some diseases the muscles, ligaments and tendons.

Among the most common, for example, are hair loss, especially in women, tendonitis, back problems due to muscle weakness and others.

It's a little tricky to balance all these out.

Aleilius
03-06-2011, 12:22 PM
Ideally, you'd want to create some kind of a balsam/balm/oil that can be applied to the head directly. This is probably direct treatment. There's the indirect route via oral ingestion of these tinctures/elixirs/etc, but this takes more time to show up.

L-Cysteine is worth a try as MarkostheGnostic mentioned.

Could probably try to make some kind of an elixir/tincture of hair/nails. ;)

horticult
03-06-2011, 01:05 PM
Womanīs GW.
Itīs working & there is plenty on this on the net.

Aleilius
03-06-2011, 10:21 PM
Womanīs GW.
Itīs working & there is plenty on this on the net.

Yeah, go drink some urine. Have fun! :rolleyes:

being
03-07-2011, 01:26 AM
Sorry, but what does "GW" stand for?

Guys these are excellent suggestions, I have vitamin C and L-Cysteine I'll adjust my dosage, I'll use selenium. I'll also look at liver support.

I have used imagery/hypnosis and I believe it helped thicken hairs in one area that I concentrated on, but the receding hair is still receding.

Andro
03-07-2011, 02:06 AM
Sorry, but what's "GW"?

I believe Aleilius has just answered that:

Yeah, go drink some urine.

GW (Golden Water) is a name often used for urine.

Although, in this case, I assume that usage consists in topical application, rather than ingestion... But I haven't researched the subject, so please correct me if I'm wrong.

solomon levi
03-11-2011, 09:41 PM
I did some research on this a while ago but haven't really practiced any of it to confirm or deny.
Basically I picked out some ingredients that seemed to work for others or in other hair preparations I
found on the internet. Here's a list:

olive oil - copper
red palm oil
first water of distilled honey
pumpkin seed oil
aloe vera
saw palmetto extract
capiscum
ginger
horsetail
nettles (with root)
rosemary
cinnamon
pith of citrons
folic acid

So I imagine any way you can make an elixir with several of these ingredients would be helpful.
It is good to bring the scalp to health and massaging it with olive oil seemed to be the first step.
If you extract a tincture from copper with the olive oil, I imagine this will be very effective.
Copper m-state/ormus is supposed be really good for hair. I know it brings color back to gray hair,
but I'm not sure how much it affects regrowth.
The first water of distilled honey was one I found in alchemical works. Sorry I don't recall which one.
The rest are all ingredients that were in other popular hair loss remedies. If you google them along with hair loss
or something, I'm sure you can read up on them and make your own choices.
If you need any help/suggestions let me know.
I've extracted a green tincture into olive oil by mixing it with copper carbonate.
Also I think it would be wise to add sea salt to this olive oil and shake and extract the ormus.
Apply this copper and sea salt olive oil to the scalp and then additional ingest the tinctures of some of the plants
mentioned and you may have some results. I'm just too undisciplined to do anything daily to give it a fair test. :)
good luck.
Oh, magnetite water may be helpful as well. I read of someone getting hair color back by ingesting magnetite charged water.

I think I've also heard or read about applying gw to the scalp.
There's also a petroleum oil that Edgar Casey suggested and people had results:
http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=oil+hair+loss+edgar+cayce

I think the pith of citrons (citrus fruits) was also something I found in alchemy works. I had a good feeling about that one.

being
03-16-2011, 01:30 AM
solomon levi, thank you for sharing! some of these i knew of, lots i didn't know of. I shall research. I'll report back later.
I currently apply atlas cedarwood oil, sometimes ginger, sometimes apple cider vinegar or castor oil. but not any of these consistently.

I've read of a person who said he made the elixir of life.. now if i had that elixir would it make me younger i.e. be anti aging i.e. regrow lost hair?

solomon levi
03-23-2011, 12:23 AM
Hi Being. You're welcome.
Well, if it is the true elixir of life, certainly.
Another item that is supposed to have such an effect is the ens melissae, but many have worked with this unsuccessfully.
There must be something missing in the technique or the time of collection or ...?

http://www.homepages.ihug.com.au/~panopus/lab/primumens.htm
http://forum.alchemyforums.com/showthread.php?810-primum-ens-melissae

abdo
03-23-2011, 02:10 AM
In the web address you have mentioned http://www.homepages.ihug.com.au/~pa.../primumens.htm
the photo of the manuscript gives the time to collect Melissa and making this Elixir.

solomon levi
03-24-2011, 12:17 AM
Yes. It is ruled by Jupiter, but there is no melissae to speak of in those months (sagittarius and pisces). At least not here in Washington state USA.
So I have to figure some other time when Jupiter is exalted, as in cancer.

Aleilius
03-24-2011, 10:57 PM
An iron balsam would be worthy to try. This iron must be charged with the Spirit of Life before it becomes effective.

Might color your head red for a while too.

Aleilius
03-24-2011, 11:01 PM
Although, in this case, I assume that usage consists in topical application, rather than ingestion... But I haven't researched the subject, so please correct me if I'm wrong.

Yeah, I think your'e right abotu this one. I was just being an asshole. :D

ScalerWave
07-14-2011, 05:18 PM
Read a bit about Nettles.... Leaf and root ... Root is suppose to help male pattern baldness because it slows or stops the production of DHT. Leaf is beneficial too but root is said to be more so for hair loss.

Nettles is an amazing herb.

http://www.add-hair.com/dht-blockers.htm

being
09-28-2011, 06:41 PM
Thanks guys.
N*C, on his forum and website says he has the true elixer ... but he shaves his head so most likely has thinning hair/baldness (assumption) ..
Anyone else here who has experience with the elixer.... please consider this question:

Wont taking the elixer of life make me healthy, young and thus cure my hair loss?

Opinions on the elixer vs. hair loss, are very welcome.

Blessings

solomon levi
10-04-2011, 04:05 PM
Thanks guys.
N*C, on his forum and website says he has the true elixer ... but he shaves his head so most likely has thinning hair/baldness (assumption) ..

LMAO!
This is funny to me in several ways.

I sincerely do not mean to judge or suggest that regrowing one's hair is beneath an alchemist.
All dreams are equally valid and invalid.

BUT... :D
as long as hair matters, it will be hard to grasp alchemy.

The saying "seek first the kingdom of heaven, and all else shall be added unto you" comes to mind. :)

Similarly, being able to produce gold is a "byproduct" of alchemical ability, but not the goal. You know what I mean?

I only mean to warn you not to put the cart before the horse.

And i really can't imagine having hair or not being a concern to a true alchemist. Forgive me for meddling,
but what would hair give you that you do not already possess? Is this about being attractive? Attracting who or what?
Does the real goal truly necessitate one's regrowing one's hair to arrive at the end? Is hair an end in itself?

This is a kind of alchemy, to inquire this way.

being
10-05-2011, 03:41 PM
I agree with you.
I am only curious about hair. Most people think it is inevitable and that we can't do anything about hair loss. But to me, i see younger men with hair loss now, it is becoming more common, it is environmental not genetic and its due to premature aging. I've heard that Qi masters usually are not bald due to the life energy or niter in their body that slows or reverses the aging process and hair loss.